Genesis 9 Skin Texturing

Heya, folks! I've been following this guide for bringing G8 into Substance Painter, but I think I need to do something different to get G9 set up because I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know if there's a recent workflow tutorial anywhere for G9 skin texturing in Substance? I'm not very familiar with texturing yet, so I'm pretty lost trying to piece together Daz-specific stuff from general tutorials. 

Comments

• MoussoMousso Posts: 237
    edited December 2022

When you exported the mesh as OBJ did you untick write surfaces?

Post edited by Mousso on
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

Mousso said:

When you exported the mesh as OBJ did you untick write surfaces?

Oh, you know what, I bet I completely forgot to export a version without the maps. /ᐠ –ꞈ –ᐟ\ I'll give it another try, thank you!

• MoussoMousso Posts: 237

You're welcome :)

• Sorry is it ok if I ask someone about your skin textures where do you find them? Just when I load the base gen 9 they are grey not sure how to get some skin for them. I mean is there any base skin for them. Or do I have to buy skins.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,233

catastrophical0 said:

Sorry is it ok if I ask someone about your skin textures where do you find them? Just when I load the base gen 9 they are grey not sure how to get some skin for them. I mean is there any base skin for them. Or do I have to buy skins.

i dont think your question is relevant to this thread about Substance Painter.

But anyway, if you load a figure in Daz without skin texture, you can go to Smart Content tab and you should find some Materials presets for Genesis 9 that comes included with the default Genesis 9 Starter Essentials.  There should be 4 x default male Material presets, and 4 x default female Material presets.  

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,615
    edited January 2023

Sorry is it ok if I ask someone about your skin textures where do you find them? Just when I load the base gen 9 they are grey not sure how to get some skin for them. I mean is there any base skin for them. Or do I have to buy skins.

Look in your People/Genesis 9/Materials/Daz Originals/Base Materials folder

G9 Skins 1.png
    2448 x 1033 - 495K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • MetalSunde94MetalSunde94 Posts: 74
    edited July 2023

Hi, I also now tried to import G9 into SubPaint, but I can't really get the UV tiles to be more than just one tile.
    Anyone got an idea?

Tried different stuff in the option, but no luck.
    Also tried the tutorial on the first post in this tread, I have done that method when I did some painting on G8's.

"UPDATE"
    I did miss a thing in the export option so now it works

Post edited by MetalSunde94 on