Genesis 9 Skin Texturing

Heya, folks! I've been following this guide for bringing G8 into Substance Painter, but I think I need to do something different to get G9 set up because I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know if there's a recent workflow tutorial anywhere for G9 skin texturing in Substance? I'm not very familiar with texturing yet, so I'm pretty lost trying to piece together Daz-specific stuff from general tutorials. 

Comments

• MoussoMousso Posts: 230
    edited December 2022

When you exported the mesh as OBJ did you untick write surfaces?

Post edited by Mousso on
  • Mousso said:

When you exported the mesh as OBJ did you untick write surfaces?

Oh, you know what, I bet I completely forgot to export a version without the maps. /ᐠ –ꞈ –ᐟ\ I'll give it another try, thank you!

• MoussoMousso Posts: 230

You're welcome :)

• Sorry is it ok if I ask someone about your skin textures where do you find them? Just when I load the base gen 9 they are grey not sure how to get some skin for them. I mean is there any base skin for them. Or do I have to buy skins.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 1,652

catastrophical0 said:

Sorry is it ok if I ask someone about your skin textures where do you find them? Just when I load the base gen 9 they are grey not sure how to get some skin for them. I mean is there any base skin for them. Or do I have to buy skins.

i dont think your question is relevant to this thread about Substance Painter.

But anyway, if you load a figure in Daz without skin texture, you can go to Smart Content tab and you should find some Materials presets for Genesis 9 that comes included with the default Genesis 9 Starter Essentials.  There should be 4 x default male Material presets, and 4 x default female Material presets.  

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 6,277
    edited January 25

Sorry is it ok if I ask someone about your skin textures where do you find them? Just when I load the base gen 9 they are grey not sure how to get some skin for them. I mean is there any base skin for them. Or do I have to buy skins.

Look in your People/Genesis 9/Materials/Daz Originals/Base Materials folder

G9 Skins 1.png
    2448 x 1033 - 495K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on