New Release: Genesis Generation X2 (upgrade ends soon) [Commercial]

Comments

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

bpzen: Morphs generated with GenX are just like any other Genesis morphs. Once created, you can use them in any way that works for Genesis figures in Poser, be it CR2 export or DSON import.

All you do is running GenX to transfer the morphs. With CR2 exporter, you have to export the CR2 again to include the new morphs. With DSON importer, the morphs will be present the next time you load the figure, just like when installing new morphs.

dbbdaniel: You only need the generation 3 shape morphs for Genesis (if you want to transfer generation 3 morphs), because they include the clone morphs that are required by GenX. The generation 4 clone morphs and the Genesis to Genesis 2 clone morphs are included in the Genesis and Genesis 2 starter packs, this is all GenX really needs to transfer morphs.

Victoria 4 and Michael 4 shape morphs for Genesis 1 and/or Genesis 2 are optional, but not required. GenX will create a working base morph from the clone morphs, but the shape morphs may work better with some poses or clothing (e.g. shoes). Still, you need only one of each, not all of them. Also, you can transfer them from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 or vice versa with GenX.

Generation 5 shape morphs are neither required nor supported by GenX.

• MartyrdogMartyrdog Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

I'm curious... has anyone tried using Anime Girl Kristen in genx/genx2? I've been looking into purchasing models related and was curious if it was at all possible.. failing that maybe the auto fit of Kristens clothing? Again haven't tried either myself.. but when I have time (and actually able to de-stress from work), I'll give it a shot and hopefully post up some renders =)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

MartyrDoG said:
    I'm curious... has anyone tried using Anime Girl Kristen in genx/genx2? I've been looking into purchasing models related and was curious if it was at all possible.. failing that maybe the auto fit of Kristens clothing? Again haven't tried either myself.. but when I have time (and actually able to de-stress from work), I'll give it a shot and hopefully post up some renders =)

It will not work ... you need a Clone figure to have at least autofit. You would be able to create a clone figure for yourself, but it is not possible to share that clone.Do a google search on how to create clone genesis dawn

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited December 1969

Stupid question time :)

What's the difference between Transferring Morphs and Transferring a Character? The manual I'm afraid goes over my head. Perhaps an example usage for each will explain it better.

Thanks in advance.

edited December 1969

I guess no-one knows. LOL :)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

What's the difference between Transferring Morphs and Transferring a Character? The manual I'm afraid goes over my head. Perhaps an example usage for each will explain it better.

Thanks in advance.

When transferring morphs, they're transferring individually as separate morphs. When transferring a character, you're transferring all of the morphs that make up that character as a single combined morph.
    edited December 1969

Thanks in advance.

When transferring morphs, they're transferring individually as separate morphs. When transferring a character, you're transferring all of the morphs that make up that character as a single combined morph.

Thank you!

So am I right in thinking that Transferring Morphs is a better option if e.g. I want to transfer Tempest V4 to G2F?

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

Thanks in advance.

Thank you!

So am I right in thinking that Transferring Morphs is a better option if e.g. I want to transfer Tempest V4 to G2F?Well, with a character like that, there are only three morphs, the head morph and body morph, as well as a fingernail morph. Other characters can be made up of multiple dial-spun morphs which alter individual body parts. These include the Morphs ++ packages for Gen 4 figures, as well as Evolution Morphs for Genesis, and the Head and Body Morphs for Genesis 2 Male and Female. Tempest was created using the V4 Morphs ++ and requires that set. The character was originally created using a combination of those morphs and saved as a set of presets in three morph injections. So, to convert that character, I believe you'll still need the V4 Morphs ++ package. Basically, just convert the head morph, body morph, and nail morph.

• up4up4 Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Hi,

The DAZ3D shop page for GenX2 seems to be down: http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2

Is that normal?

Regards and happy Holidays!

Vincent

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

There was a problem with several items AWOL, it seems to be fixed now.

• up4up4 Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Ok. Thanks! I see it now!

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

When using morphs transferred by GenX, you first have to morph the target figure into the shape of the source figure. There are subtle (and some less subtle) differences between the base morphs you can use for this. For G2F, you have four options for the base morphs: the clone morph automatically created by GenX, the V4 morph of Genesis transferred to G2F, and the two G2F V4 morphs by Slosh and MallenLane. The V4 clone option is for the first case, the V4 option for the second, and for the other two I will do own settings next year.

When transferring morphs, GenX makes adjustments for the differences between the base morphs, so you should use morphs only with the base they were created for. In many cases, there will not be much difference when using morphs for one base with another base, but in some cases (e.g. length morphs for finger nails) it will yield unwanted results.

If morphs are not showing in the GenX morph list, try to change the filter settings. In particular, try to select "All Controlled Morphs" and "Hidden Morphs/Controllers" in the context menu under "Show in list". These filters reduce the amount of morphs in the list, but may hide some morphs that are set by injection poses. In general, when using the "Selected Morphs" mode, filters are helpful to limit the list, but for "Create Single Morph" it's better to have all morphs in the list.

edited May 2022

Redacted

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,874
    edited April 2015

There are some update in the near future?
    I bought the plugin and the Gen2 addon and they won't work on my DAZ Studio 4.7 or 4.8!

Post edited by Imago on
    edited December 1969

GenX2 definitely works in DAZ Studio 4.7. Please check that it is installed correctly, that you entered the registration number etc. If you still encounter problems, let me know what exactly is not working.

DAZ Studio 4.8 is the public beta. It is not officially supported, but it should work if you copy the plugin DLL to the 4.8 plugins folder and the configuration files (the GenX2 folder) from "...\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4" to "...\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4PublicBeta" (or the according Mac path).

edited December 1969

GenX2 definitely works in DAZ Studio 4.7. Please check that it is installed correctly, that you entered the registration number etc. If you still encounter problems, let me know what exactly is not working.

DAZ Studio 4.8 is the public beta. It is not officially supported, but it should work if you copy the plugin DLL to the 4.8 plugins folder and the configuration files (the GenX2 folder) from "...\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4" to "...\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4PublicBeta" (or the according Mac path).

I have installed it from the DAZ Download Manager, it didn't asked for a serial number.
    In DAZ 4.7 the plugin is among the other in the "tab" menu, it loads fine but it says that there are no Source or Target definitions.
    I checked everything and all looks in the right place, but it still can't find the definitions.
    I also tried to move the folders to 4.8 with the same result.

Appunti01.jpg
    336 x 410 - 23K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Can one use 4.7 to transfer the morphs but use the morphs in 4.8 that is assuming that 4.8 and 4.7 can be installed on the same machine at same time.

edited December 1969

This problem sometimes happens under Windows and is described in the manual. This means that the GenX2 folder with the definition files is not where it should be. To work correctly, it has to be in the "...\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4" folder for the current user. The installer may have put it into that location for a different user or the default user. Move all the files (about 100 files with extensions gxt, gxs, gxm, gxc etc.) from the GenX2 folder where they were installed to that for the current user.

edited December 1969

The regular version 4.7 and the public beta 4.8 of DS can be both installed on one computer because they use separate configuration locations.

GenX creates morph files that can be used like any other morph for Genesis. So, morphs transferred in 4.7 will be available in 4.8 as well, provided both versions share the content library where the morph files are located.

• Do I need GEN X 1 for GEN X 2 t owork? I cant find where to purchase it

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

GenX2 replaced GenX1 to my knowledge.

GenX2 includes all features of GenX1. It added several new features, in particular using Genesis figures as source for morph transfer.

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382

Just to let you know, for some reason DS 4.8 dropped the genx2 plugin. This happened after an update. GenX was there instead for some bizarre reason. Both were listed as installed by DIM. Uninstalling them both, and reinstalling GenX2 and it's packages fixed things.

So now the big question is; Will there be a GenX 3, and is it even possible with the new figure? I'm on the understanding it's quite a bit different. Like a lot of people, I'd be interested in transferring characters and some morphs over. If not, I'll still be using GenX 2 with the legacy figures. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    edited August 2015

There are tutorials in the forums on how to transfer morphs manually to G3F, so it is definitely doable.

The main problem with G3F is transfering textures, as you can't simply supply for example V4 UVs for G3F as was done for previous figures, because material boundaries and textures splitting are very different, so you'd end up needing to use parts of multiple texture files in a single material zone some times.

Post edited by Leana on
  • I'm sorry for any confusion, but DAZ insisted on updating GenX1 together with GenX2 just for some installer reasons with DIM. Just ignore the GenX1 update, or be sure to install the GenX2 update last, otherwise the GenX1 update will uninstall GenX2.

I will do Genesis 3 support for both female and male version, but I will wait for the release of the male version. The Genesis 3 support will require to update all GenX add-ons, so I don't want to do this twice in a short time. I haven't investigated in depth, but I don't expect major problems to transfer morphs from/to Genesis 3 with GenX. Transferring automated adjustments for joints may be a bit tricky, and of course Genesis 3 expressions based on the face joints will not be transferrable.

There will be no GenX3 plugin, but there probably will be an update for GenX2 to deal with some new features of Genesis 3.

I will do Genesis 3 support for both female and male version, but I will wait for the release of the male version.

Even without the special expression support, it will be great! I can't wait!

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 377

There will be no GenX3 plugin, but there probably will be an update for GenX2 to deal with some new features of Genesis 3.

Does this mean G2 to G3 morph transfer capabilities will be a free update to those who own GenX2 and not a stand alone product?

• The Genesis3 add-on for GenX2 will be a new product that you will have to purchase to transfer morphs from/to Genesis 3. Any other required changes in other add-ons or the GenX2 plugin itself will be free updates.