Genesis Shapes

2»

Comments

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Cool Pics in this thread ^^
    I'm not a TG Fan either... but mostly work with V4 and ++Morphs (sometimes Muscle Morphs) to get my ladies to be the tough ones :)
    The most awesome thing I found out is, that with DS4.5 Pro autofit now keeps the Morphs of clothings and hair while it still works awesome when fitting Gen4 clothings to Genesis characters... now even stuff that didn't fit the gen4s with certain morphs will fit Genesis just fine AND i still can change things like the flow of a skirt or shirt... or how the hair moves when the Figure bends its head.

So really... GenX to transfer the morphs you like over to genesis and going on from there seems to be a good option for you :)

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Cool Pics in this thread ^^
    I'm not a TG Fan either... but mostly work with V4 and ++Morphs (sometimes Muscle Morphs) to get my ladies to be the tough ones :)
    The most awesome thing I found out is, that with DS4.5 Pro autofit now keeps the Morphs of clothings and hair while it still works awesome when fitting Gen4 clothings to Genesis characters... now even stuff that didn't fit the gen4s with certain morphs will fit Genesis just fine AND i still can change things like the flow of a skirt or shirt... or how the hair moves when the Figure bends its head.

So really... GenX to transfer the morphs you like over to genesis and going on from there seems to be a good option for you :)

Hopefully it won't be long before GenX works in Studio 4.5. Then I can switch. I seem to recall reading somewhere that 4.5 can save a character preset that includes everything; morphs, hair, textures, clothes, etc. That would be really useful.

• H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

Not sure if or when I'll be changing to 4.5, as I use Reality + Luxrender to do my rendering. I'll at least be waiting until Reality and Gen X have been updated to work with 4.5, though I may not change over at all.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

FYI, push modifier for clothes alone was worth the 4.5 update to me. It nicely reduces poke-thru and skin-tightness. The top in my pic on previous page has push modifier added, for example.

• H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

Fairy nuff! :cheese:

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Skiriki I love your 'she freak' on page two, she's beautiful and the propotions are great!... I really hate the name 'She freak'. I think we should re-name the character :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki I love your 'she freak' on page two, she's beautiful and the propotions are great!... I really hate the name 'She freak'. I think we should re-name the character :)

Thank you!

I agree, a different name would be nice. Why? Here's my list of reasons:

1) I am female. I like the strong, muscular build simply because I happen to have strong, muscular build myself due to genetics (albeit these days the glory of youth has vaned, alas). I do not do strong, muscular female figures to ogle, I do them to identify with them.
    2) Therefore, from my perspective, there's nothing "freakish" about strong, muscular female build; women come in all shapes and muscle builds. Yes, I know the origins of the name given. It just no longer fits, yanno?
    3) I'm sure that a nice, well-selling name could be made out of word like "fitness", which probably would be more... pardon the pun... fitting as well.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Brunhild? Maybe Gloria?

Actually nothing wrong with just calling that style of character Heroic and have done with it.

As mentioned Raw Art has some nice variations on the theme, for both male and female. There's more than one package, but this one has at least a couple of muscular variants;

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-marvelous-morphs

It's Gen4 so it would need porting over with GenX, as would his Lords of Battle package. but this one is for Genesis;

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/fantasy-shapes-for-genesis

and while some of the shapes would probably need more definition it would make at least a place to start.

edited December 1969

Ooo, I like the sound of "Heroic Female". Yes please :lol:

edited December 1969

Gloria is nice, and heroic female sounds great too! I think the name freak tends to imply a derogatory meaning... I mean 'Freak' and 'She-Freak' are NOT freaks of nature... They are beautiful individuals who take pride in their bodies! The way they're named is like naming a thin figure Anorexic-Victoria/Michael. It's just not right. Gloria is great because it's a strong 'name', freak (male) would probably be suited a name like Hercules, Maximus, Ceasar to coincide Gloria as her partner.

I Hope DAZ considers this with possible Gen 5 upgrades to these figures! 'GLORIA 5' I can see it already :)

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Yeah, the characters should have names like the other iconic characters do. And definitely Gen5 versions. One of the things I like about S-F 4 is that I can get shapes that are difficult to do by just applying the Bodybuilder & Fitness morphs to the 'regular' female shapes.

edited December 1969

Ps.

There's a fantasic thread we're getting up and running for Gen 5 Idea's and our peronal concept renders of Daz iconic characters. We'd love to see some of your beautifull idea's on 'Gloria5' (She Freak) and 'Hercules5' (freak)!!

Link here, check it out :)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/829/

Who knows, maybe we can give daz some inspiration too :) After all, they've inspired sooo many of us already!

edited December 1969

Definately, I reacently made some body builders such as a male with inspiration from Dwayne Johnson, you just can't make him without F4

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited August 2012

I'm pretty sure Freak was partly called that because his proportions - especially his hands, feet and head compared to his body - are physically impossible. There are no guys with feet bigger than their heads. :D That's not actually true of She-Freak. It's certainly not easy for a woman to buff up that much, but Muscle and Fitness magazine (among others) appears to indicate it can be done (albeit maybe not as tall as her proportions make her). Freak 4 and F4 Genesis are closer to the technically possible than Freaks 1-3.

Anyway, what I meant to say was that I like Heroic Female, too. ;)

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 1969

It sounds catchy doesn't it :) And seem's better suited for a character than it's current name. Ans Sickle, I do agree with you that the proportions are less realistic especially below gen 4. Love your clothing products by the way! :) I love hoodies lol Thinking a hoodie would work well on my avatar character!

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited August 2012

Yeah, unfortunately all of DAZ's "side characters", save Reby Sky, are left in Gen 4. DAZ themselves even directly mentioned She-Freak in Victoria 5's promotion that if you want an a latest version of her, make it yourself. This blow off also included anything involving children figures as well.

Case in point, on an official level, we won't see any further development regarding She-Freak, Laura & Luke, or Maddie & Matt...

However, if you guys want to see them that badly, take gander at my signature. It may or may not inspire you! ;)

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited August 2012

That's such a shame, In gen 3 days It was luke that inspired my early versions of my little avatar guy. Then David was skipped in gen 4. I used David heaps back then. Pretty much no Elders, and the She Freak 4's face was so wrong i thought. Not every one in the world is 20-30, perfectly petite (victoria) and muscular (michael)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited August 2012

That's such a shame, In gen 3 days It was luke that inspired my early versions of my little avatar guy. Then David was skipped in gen 4. I used David heaps back then. Pretty much no Elders, and the She Freak 4's face was so wrong i thought. Not every one in the world is 20-30, perfectly petite (victoria) and muscular (michael)

They had old characters for V3 & M3 such as witches and wizards and such. In Gen 4 there was the V4 & M4 old characters. Even now in the V5/M5 Complete poster they state that they can be used for Old as well as Young.
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

That said though, they haven't directly supported aged details and varied aged physique beyond simple displacement and Bump mats. The gen 3 morphs were good in their time I must admit. Where did Daz announce about she-freak and the others that weren't to be supported? I really hope they reconsider... In the Genesis Teens thread, I recall Thorne mentioning Daz had something special in the works, and hinted that daz may be linking her genesis basic youth pack with something larger. Dunno, what do you think RC?

I havn't came across any hints of future She Freak unfortunately... There are so many who have made beautiful renders of her, it's such a loss.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

Since the DieTrying V4 morphs converted over so well, I was truly disappointed that this didn't also. GenX apparently can't do a thing with it. This is really too bad, because I really liked using it for V4. Its own renders don't do it justice, and it has the best eye bags morph of anything I've seen.

edited December 1969

Serious... That's an awsome freebie! What a shame, I cant belive genX cant do it... damn

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

They had old characters for V3 & M3 such as witches and wizards and such. In Gen 4 there was the V4 & M4 old characters. Even now in the V5/M5 Complete poster they state that they can be used for Old as well as Young.
    I asked about that "Genesis Figure Platform" image in the Michael 5 release thread, and DAZ_Rand said that for "Old" they used an aging set for Genesis that hasn't been released yet. I'm looking forward to it. :) In the meantime, there's Horatio, the Wicked Fairytale morphs, and Aged for V4 and M4 (textures work fine on Genesis, including displacement maps).

@SickleYield: thanks for converting those DieTrying morphs! :)

edited December 1969

That's great news, I'm looking forward to that also.. I have a number of older characters to create

edited December 1969

Considering that the Aged morphs for Gen4 didn't come out until a year or so ago, I'm not all that surprised that Genesis doesn't have one yet. There are some good aged textures (many of them from Gen4) which work nicely. It isn't the same, but it will help tide us over.

The issue on the horizon as I see it is, how backwards compatable future iterations of the base Genesis model will be. Because if it's the same issue of Genesis 2 won't use morphs built for Genesis 1 and vice versa, then we're right back to where we started. But there doesn't seem to be any hint of that, thank ghod.

There does seem to be the never-ending question of what needs to be updated for new versions of the program. But that , like the poor, will probably always be with us.

What I wish is that there were some way to port expressions for Gen 4 over to Genesis. There are some marvelous expression packs for Gen 4 (mostly on Rendo) which I would love to be able to use on Genesis. But that is absolutely a no-go.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    What I wish is that there were some way to port expressions for Gen 4 over to Genesis. There are some marvelous expression packs for Gen 4 (mostly on Rendo) which I would love to be able to use on Genesis. But that is absolutely a no-go.

Maybe I'm not following what you're saying.

Facial expressions are morphs, not poses, so they transfer with GenX. However, the trick is that GenX transferred morphs also call up the base shape they're built on, so what's required is to transfer the expressions in base V4/M4 onto the V4/M4 legacy shapes. At that point the Gen4 base can be removed (IIRC, DSF Toolbox does this, but see this thread for more detail on doing it manually http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4228/ )

edited December 1969

Oh, well *that's* interesting to know.

So, does the expression get saved in the (ever-expanding) morphs palatte for future use, or do you have to do it every time you need it, or save the scene file in order to get at it again. Like with clothing and props that you've given new matt zones to?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Oh, well *that's* interesting to know.

So, does the expression get saved in the (ever-expanding) morphs palatte for future use, or do you have to do it every time you need it, or save the scene file in order to get at it again. Like with clothing and props that you've given new matt zones to?

You can save it. And you can apparently break the new morphs out into separate categories per this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5058/ which would let you save specific variants for each character. Haven't tried that yet, personally, though...

edited August 2012

Yeah I've transferred V4/M4 expressions, it works :) GenX is Awesome! As far as I know however, GenX currently doesn't work with Daz4.5, Below versions it works... That's why I've kept Studio 4 going along side 4.5. Also, you should check out ShareCG, It's a freebie site, some great stuff in there at times.

Post edited by SpyroRue on