Genesis Shapes

H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've been creating work with the She Freak for V4 and have to admit that I love her to bits, but finding clothing for her is a major pain. I bought the magnets for her, but that really hasn't solved the issue either. So, I've been looking at the Genesis shapes, and was wondering why there isn't one for She Freak, or is it not necessary for their to be one specifically for her as you just need to get the Freak shape and apply it to, say, the V4 shape to get She Freak V4 for Genesis.

I hope that makes sense, lol?

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited December 1969

I've been creating work with the She Freak for V4 and have to admit that I love her to bits, but finding clothing for her is a major pain. I bought the magnets for her, but that really hasn't solved the issue either. So, I've been looking at the Genesis shapes, and was wondering why there isn't one for She Freak, or is it not necessary for their to be one specifically for her as you just need to get the Freak shape and apply it to, say, the V4 shape to get She Freak V4 for Genesis.

I hope that makes sense, lol?

SheFreak for V4 is just a morph of V4. The most accurate way to get her into Genesis is via GenX, although you can sort of approximate her with the Muscularity morphs, and Raw Art has a female "hero" morph in his are some fantasy shapes for Genesis that's pretty close as well. As to why there isn't a pre-made Genesis Shape for her... I can only guess that there's so little specifically made for her that it wasn't worth the effort.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/fantasy-shapes-for-genesis
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-evolution-muscularity

• H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

Okay, thanks for the info.

But what would be the result if I did apply the V4 shape and then the Freak shape, and then played around with the muscularity morphs too? (An abomination, lol?)

edited December 1969

Okay, thanks for the info.

But what would be the result if I did apply the V4 shape and then the Freak shape, and then played around with the muscularity morphs too? (An abomination, lol?)

Probably this:

pretty-in-pink-2.jpg
    500 x 650 - 73K
  • GreycatGreycat Posts: 332
    edited December 1969

Image 1 – Genesis + V4 + She Freak 4
    Image 2 – Genesis + V4 + Muscle Morphs
    Image 3 – Genesis + V4 + Freak 4

SF3.jpg
    600 x 600 - 23K
    SF2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 22K
    SF1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 22K
    edited December 1969

Greycat said:
    Image 1 – Genesis + V4 + She Freak 4
    Image 2 – Genesis + V4 + Muscle Morphs
    Image 3 – Genesis + V4 + Freak 4

Hmm. Gotta say my vote is with the She-Hulk+V4+Genesis combo... better waist and there's something about the shoulders and upper torso that's more feminine, even though her muscles are more defined than the Freak version. Thanks Greycat!

edited August 2012

Thank you very much, Greycat!

I'm not sure how you made those combinations happen, but it looks like I could get away with just buying the V4 shape for Genesis and then applying the muscularity morphs. At least, I think that would be sufficient.

Edit: actually how did you apply She Freak to Genesis. I know how my brain works, and I'll not be able to sleep now until I know :lol:

Post edited by H. J. Valdi on
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Edit: actually how did you apply She Freak to Genesis. I know how my brain works, and I'll not be able to sleep now until I know :lol:

I would suspect via GenX transfer.
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:

So if I've understood properly I would need to get this and this but then I would be able to add the She Freak 4 morphs to Genesis?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:

So if I've understood properly I would need to get this and this but then I would be able to add the She Freak 4 morphs to Genesis?

That's correct (assuming you already have She Freak 4).

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited December 1969

Gen X is a great product to have.

edited August 2012

Sweet! Thank you very much for the info,cwichura.

Thank you too fixmypcmike for confirming. Love the avatar btw :cheese:

edited December 1969

cwichura said:

And every character you've ever created for Gen 4 can be transferred as well... assuming you still have the Gen4 morphs. And if you buy the Gen3 figs for Genesis, add all of those shapes to the kettle (though you'll have to use Texture Convertor 2 to get the skins.) I don't think you'll find anyone who has GenX who doesn't swear by it.

edited December 1969

I'm going to have to start swearing by it next month. Between here and Rendo I'm nearly stony broke. In fact I could very easily see a situation were two large guys called Vinnie are banging on my door wanting money or my kneecaps, lol. 3D content addiction... who knew!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

FYI -- if you combine The Freak 4 (100% or so) + The Girl 4 (at 50% or so) + some female morphs at lower percentages, you will also get a fairly nice approximation of a buff, buxom lady. See my DA gallery for minotaur pics done this way -- the minotaur comes with head and leg morphs, everything else was put together that way.

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

I'm going to have to start swearing by it next month. Between here and Rendo I'm nearly stony broke. In fact I could very easily see a situation were two large guys called Vinnie are banging on my door wanting money or my kneecaps, lol. 3D content addiction... who knew!

Just as a reminder... The PA Sale will be in September... might save you some buck with this ;)
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much, Skiriki. Not sure if that combination is likely. Feel free to laugh your ass off at me, but The Girl totally freaks me out so I have trouble looking at her. Aiko has a similar effect, though not quite as bad.

Thank you too, BlazeMystEra, for the heads up. I'm going to be poor forever, lol.

edited August 2012

Yes, all the figures I’ve shown used morphs transferred using Genx. Genx is by far the best buy I’ve made. It allows Genesis combine all the morphs from Gen 3, 4, and 5 making the possibilities endless. I hope you also notice the clothes. It used to be I would create a character only find clothes fit that character. Now I can use any clothing item from Gen 3, 4, and 5 and know it will fit. The Images are of the four She Freak morphs Bremusa, Eurybe, Melanippe, and Prothoe.

SF5.jpg
    380 x 600 - 25K
    SF4.jpg
    380 x 600 - 26K
    Post edited by Greycat on
    edited August 2012

Here's the other two

SF7.jpg
    380 x 600 - 24K
    SF6.jpg
    380 x 600 - 26K
    Post edited by Greycat on
    edited December 1969

Although I think the She Freak morphs look the best, here’s one of my characters that didn’t use the she freak morphs. If you want to see any other combinations, let me know.

sf8.jpg
    380 x 600 - 27K
    edited December 1969

Thanks again, Greycat. So far I'm only using V4 in my work -and She Freak, of course- and finding content is near impossible. I remembered that the auto fit feature of Genesis so I guess when I get Gen X I'll start using Genesis exclusively for She Freak. Shame she isn't more popular, I think she's a wonderful character to use. As I'm going to be doing a series of thirty images using her it was a serious bump in the road to realise that clothing for her is practically non existent. Glad I've been shown a way to get around that :)

I've never used Bremusa, Eurybe, Melanippe, and Prothoe, and I tend to use She Freak 4-1 at 60% and then tweak her using the morphs++ and muscle morphs.

You can see the work I've done with her on my Rendo Gallery if you're interested.

edited December 1969

Thank you very much, Skiriki. Not sure if that combination is likely. Feel free to laugh your ass off at me, but The Girl totally freaks me out so I have trouble looking at her. Aiko has a similar effect, though not quite as bad.

You and me both! You're not alone -- I am creeped out by both Hiro and Aiko 4, Gen 3 versions of them are somehow more tolerable; The Girl gives me creeps in every incarnation as a stand-alone morph and I can't even start to look at Mavka or Oskarsson's clown here at DAZ. However, I was utterly surprised to find out that The Girl tempers The Freak 4's body with the needed softness, as evidenced by my minotaur renders. I originally got A/H/TG bunch just to get the body fits for transferring clothes, buuut...

Here's a quick render, with human features instead of Lady Moocow's head. So, yeah, it has more in the mix than just TF+TG, but I found that as a good starting point. TG's head has been mostly dialed away, ditto for TF; additional head features from many female characters have been dropped in along with Genesis Evolution tweaks. Some of the dials have limits ignored. Skin is from Riley, waist needs more work, but... this was a quick dial-em-up thing.

SF.png
    1000 x 1000 - 366K
    edited December 1969

Recipe follows:

Yank the knobs as shown in picture.
    Bake under Lantios Lights 2.
    Enjoy.

SF_recipe.png
    900 x 1652 - 194K
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Thanks again, Greycat. So far I'm only using V4 in my work -and She Freak, of course- and finding content is near impossible. I remembered that the auto fit feature of Genesis so I guess when I get Gen X I'll start using Genesis exclusively for She Freak. Shame she isn't more popular, I think she's a wonderful character to use. As I'm going to be doing a series of thirty images using her it was a serious bump in the road to realise that clothing for her is practically non existent. Glad I've been shown a way to get around that :)

I've never used Bremusa, Eurybe, Melanippe, and Prothoe, and I tend to use She Freak 4-1 at 60% and then tweak her using the morphs++ and muscle morphs.

You can see the work I've done with her on my Rendo Gallery if you're interested.

I'm also a She-Freak 4 fan. ;)

Once you get GenX, if you haven't already, and transfer She-Freak 4 over to Genesis, you'll find that she can now wear a LOT more clothing. Not all will fit, that's a given. But for someone who loves the shape, and has used her multiple times, I can say that using Genesis for She-Freak 4 is the deal of a lifetime.

And nice Rendrosity gallery. ;)

Have fun doing renders of Genesis as She-Freak 4. I know I do. :D

edited December 1969

Lol! Good to know I'm not the only person that gets weirded out by The Girl. Thanks for the screenshot of the dial settings. I'll maybe look into getting The Girl (shudder) and The Freak shapes at some point. Only got the funds for the V4 shape at the moment, but at least now I know how to have a She Freak with more clothing options. I really appreciate your help :cheese:

Also good to know I'm not the only one who apppreciates She Freak 4, Knight22179. The goal for me with my 'Big is Beautiful' series is to show that She Freak/female bodybuilders are still beautiful women, and to maybe create a deeper appreciation for the female form beyond normal ideals. After all, isn't one of the purposes of art to present a subject in a way that isn't always in line with the logic of the masses, and possibly change that logic in the process?

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

GenX is one of the best purchases I've made. She-Freak 4 (after being converted) is excellent as a Genesis figure, especially with 4 bodies and 8 heads to mix and match, with each other and all the other morphs in my runtime. I posted the render below in a different thread a while back, but it shows what can be done with She-Freak in Genesis. Bremusa head, body 4-1, Valerie skin & make-up, Paradise Bird hair, and the Bodybuilder Details and Fitness Details morphs turned up. I find the latter two are great for adding definition without adding more bulk to a figure.

I also picked up Strong Women and Tough Ladies a while back, but they apparently need The Girl 4 and V4 Elite Body Shapes to be installed; once I get those, I'll have a bunch more bodybuilding women to add the the mix.

Bremusa_001_-_small.jpg
    800 x 800 - 201K
    edited August 2012

Nice work, riftwitch!

I'll get around to using the She Freak character morphs at some point, no doubt because other V4 character morphs don't always look right with her, and it gets expensive having to buy new characters all the time, lol. But it's fun to see the V4 characters as She Freak, and I can't help but wonder if it was something the vendors that created them anticipated seeing them as.

Presently I use the morphs++ Definition dial turned up to 1.50 for that 5% body fat look. I turn the Fitness dial down as I find it elongates the mid section too much for my liking, though that may not happen with the Genesis morphs. Using the muscle morphs means I can tweak the various areas a bit more so that the muscles really pop, especially the quadriceps. Though I'm sure the same can be done with the muscularity morphs for Genesis.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Also remember, you can turn off the masculine head proportions in Actor--Head--Male, just turn Freak 4 to negative whatever value you have the full morph dialed to.

edited December 1969

Thank you very much, SickleYield. I never really played with Genesis so that's good info to know.

edited December 1969

Thank you very much, SickleYield. I never really played with Genesis so that's good info to know.

It really is extremely flexible; if you look at my recipe pic, it has The Girl and The Freak heads set to negative, while bodies remain in positive range. Get the Evolution bundles, and you're good to go, as a starter. :)

edited December 1969

Thanks, Skiriki. I did buy the Evolution morphs when I first started playing with Daz (and 3D) earlier this year. Just never got around to installing them and got caught up in using V4.