Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.0.15! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

In DS 4.21.1.26 Public Build, the timeline animation will only play while I move the cursor around in the Viewport pane. In DS 4.21.1.05 General Release, it plays fine.

• Pickle RendererPickle Renderer Posts: 208
    edited December 2022

IceCrMn said:

NVidia says they have fixed that broken driver and released a new version this morning. Game ready version only though.

I'm still using Studio driver 517.40 with both the public beta and the general release with one of the OOT hair shaders being the only problem for me so far.

I'm running an RTX 3060 12GB.

I'll leave the GPU driver beta testing to others.

Once I see reports of the driver working I'll have a look at it and decide if I need it.

+1.  I have 3060 12GB, using 527.56.  Lainey Hair crashes iRay.  Need to restart Daz to get it to work again.

2022-12-29 20:28:28.421 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(377): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.3 IRAY rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060): Kernel [8] (ShadowEvalSr ) failed after 0.014s

2022-12-29 20:28:28.421 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(377): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.3 IRAY rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060): an illegal memory access was encountered (while launching CUDA renderer in <internal>:911)

Post edited by Pickle Renderer on
  • barbult said:

In DS 4.21.1.26 Public Build, the timeline animation will only play while I move the cursor around in the Viewport pane. In DS 4.21.1.05 General Release, it plays fine.

For ref, re: DS 4.21.1.26 beta (win10-Nvidia 527.37)
    Just tested (1) made new anim (2) then from save, another anim made in 4.16.1.43.
    Test both in (3) filament view (4) texture-shade.  
    All worked normally.  

Your vid was helpful. Never seem that issue yet. Issue looks annoying.

• Imago said:

New beta, old bugs... Still impossible move root keyframes in the timeline, copy-paste keyframes, filter parameters sliders in the graph pane, frame props in the workspace, save aliases and custom moprhs in the puppeteer dots, save changes and custom actions in the Scripts menu... Just to name few!

I wonder if DAZ3D even cares about animators, it's since version 4.12.0.86 that almost all animation tools are broken beyond usability. Devs should know that animations isn't just about downloading a BVH from Mixamo and applying it to figures.

Is getting really painful work only on DAZ Studio 4.12, especially when you try to make a living out of your works.

Totally agree animation need more attention.  
    But will also agree that DAZ has it hands full with implementing G9 (and all its features) and speed regressions and Ghost-lights, etc. etc.

That said, have a few questions/explanations.
    (1) copy-paste keyframes.  How are you wanting to do this?
    In timeline keyframe area, left click and drag over key(s) to select them, right click near yellow highlighted keys - select copy selected keys, and then move timeline to spot where want new keys to start to appear and right click anywhere in timeline active area and select paste keyframes.  
    (2) the first keyframe stores everything, ie root, as you say.  It takes so long to copy/paste cos tons of data there.  Couldn't you timeline-render from Key 1, or later? and just use Key 0 as your reference point that you don't render?
    Yes there are times when changing the root would be good.  
    But flipside is see it more as your root pose must be chosen carefully.

So current option seems If you don't like start new anim with new root pose.  Means more pre-planning and more start-overs.  But get faster with this process?
    Just not sure how with single thread anims and all the huge amounts of data that DAZ offers each user to change, that they can easily be moved.

(3) Custom Morphs
    Using visual menus to save various custom morph presets.
    Yes Puppeteer is pretty nice, but always saw it as a more secondary posing mechanism, cos less people seemed to use it.
    So maybe a workaround? I don't use.

Whereas saved custom morph presets are basic to DAZ.
    So in this case custom morphs saved as shaping preset auto-added as key in timeline as soon as you change value from zero and you graph-interp line moving as soon as you add.

Think main point am trying to make is adjusting your anim-activities to what DS features are more basic and more supported.
    Just don't see DAZ as having enough resources to do ENOUGH that animators all want.

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712

MeneerWolfman said:

Is there any way to turn off the "Zero is often chosen when Restore is the true intent" pop-up window when I zero an item's pose? I've never had it before this recent beta and I'm about to punch a hole in my screen. I use "zero" all the time as part of my workflow and "never" want to restore instead of Zero. How do I turn this off?

I too am in full agreement with this request, how do I turn it off! 

I've only used the beta a few days and as features go, this 'option' popping up every time I go to zero a figure's pose is a brick wall in the work flow. 

Of course I want to zero the pose, it's why I selected it in the first place!

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited December 2022

PDSmith said:

MeneerWolfman said:

How do I turn this off?

Guessing this was implemented for any G9 users.  As a G8 user, have a visual menu saved pose (made my own) for return to base pose, and am not getting that warning.  Is a workaround - and not a fix for native DS zero.

User-MallenLane just after  G9 release date (sorry don't have daz forum link) posted the reason for this importance of zero vs restore:

"

Zero Figure

Yeah, there are a few "on" things that using Zero Figure will turn off, that should be on. It's because "Zero", really means 0, and doesn't mean "default". Some values on the figure need to default to 1, and not 0. You should always use Restore Figure, which means 'return to the default load state'.

The only reason this didn't happen on G8 was because those similar parameters were a on/off type that was immune to Zero Figure. Many of them were changed to a percentage slider on G9 so users would have more control over the strength of things, rather than simply on/off."

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • re: ghost lights. 

updated some of my own GL with Iray Vis feature (thks to IceCreamMan for process descrip many months ago).  Water refraction set to 1.0 was key. 

For whatever it's worth, still using surfaces on main node for emission.  So haven't needed the light adj new script.  Emission worked normal.  Not sure why different?  But, is working normal without shadow and emiss adj light. Don't think i am missing something extra ?

Anyway, works with WaterRefrac to 1.0.  Thks!

• Saxa -- SD said:

PDSmith said:

MeneerWolfman said:

How do I turn this off?

Guessing this was implemented for any G9 users.  As a G8 user, have a visual menu saved pose (made my own) for return to base pose, and am not getting that warning.  Is a workaround - and not a fix for native DS zero.

User-MallenLane just after  G9 release date (sorry don't have daz forum link) posted the reason for this importance of zero vs restore:

"

Zero Figure

Yeah, there are a few "on" things that using Zero Figure will turn off, that should be on. It's because "Zero", really means 0, and doesn't mean "default". Some values on the figure need to default to 1, and not 0. You should always use Restore Figure, which means 'return to the default load state'.

The only reason this didn't happen on G8 was because those similar parameters were a on/off type that was immune to Zero Figure. Many of them were changed to a percentage slider on G9 so users would have more control over the strength of things, rather than simply on/off."

That's fine. But there's no reason to be asked this _EVERY_SINGLE_TIME_ you choose "Zero". One time with a click box to never ask again would suffice. Assuming that everyone is using G9 or the userbase isn't smart enough to know the difference is a bit much.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 2022

Saxa -- SD said:

barbult said:

For ref, re: DS 4.21.1.26 beta (win10-Nvidia 527.37)
    Just tested (1) made new anim (2) then from save, another anim made in 4.16.1.43.
    Test both in (3) filament view (4) texture-shade.  
    All worked normally.  

Your vid was helpful. Never seem that issue yet. Issue looks annoying.

Thank you very much for testing. I created a different animation today, and it worked OK. However I reloaded my "bad" scene, and the same problem occurred. Maybe there is something strange about that scene or the keyframes in it. If you have time, will you check this scene? I have attached it. Thanks.

Edit: Here is an interesting observation. The different animation I tried today that worked, used Michael 9. The one that consistently won't play uses Genesis 9 Dev Load character. I selected the Dev Load G9 in the Scene pane, and loaded Michael 9, and applied it to the character already in the scene. The very same keyframes played just fine with Michael 9 in that same scene. I tried the same scenario (applying other full characters to the Dev Load G9) and all worked fine. I wonder what is "wrong" with the Dev Load character. Is the problem caused by not having all the anatomy parts (eyes, mouth, etc.) ? I tried adding those anatomy parts to G9 Dev Load and the animation works!

I think it is time to submit a help request about this.

duf
    duf
    animation only plays while mouse moves in viewport.duf
    Post edited by barbult on
  • "Add Iray Visible to Primary Rays Property"
    "
    Add Iray Ghost Light Factor Property"

Where are these scripts located? Do I have to install anything other than the new version of Daz?
    It's not in my "Scripts Utilities" folder. I downloaded the sample scene files with the new Ghost Lights and they work. But how can I add these properties to another geometry?

• Jovanni said:

"Add Iray Visible to Primary Rays Property"
    "
    Add Iray Ghost Light Factor Property"

Where are these scripts located? Do I have to install anything other than the new version of Daz?
    It's not in my "Scripts Utilities" folder. I downloaded the sample scene files with the new Ghost Lights and they work. But how can I add these properties to another geometry?

You have to download them : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/609556/creating-a-ghost-light-daz-studio-4-21-1-26#latest

• MeneerWolfman said:

Saxa -- SD said:

PDSmith said:

MeneerWolfman said:

How do I turn this off?

"

Zero Figure

That's fine. But there's no reason to be asked this _EVERY_SINGLE_TIME_ you choose "Zero". One time with a click box to never ask again would suffice. Assuming that everyone is using G9 or the userbase isn't smart enough to know the difference is a bit much.

As noted in the change log, a script can trigger the action and can suppress the dialogue. See http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_21_1_14 and the sample script http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/actions/action_trigger/start which shows how to trigger an action.

• beregarberegar Posts: 245
    edited December 2022

Has something changed in how the poses are applied or have I somehow managed to break my genesis 8 figures? If I apply any pose to the figure it applies just fine as long as I haven't done any transforms (translations, rotations or scaling) on the figure itself (not its node likes hip which still seem to apply). None of those apply even if I use pose preset load options and make sure all transforms are checked. 

This is of course far from ideal seeing it breaks pretty much all my saved poses for scenes.

Edit: Also doesn't matter if I have "root" selected in the options instead of "selected". Propagation is on recursive so that's not issue either.

Edit2: Hmm. Seems this is maybe affecting poses I saved with the non beta release or maybe loading fresh genesis figures fixed it for new poses (didn't fix the older saved poses though). 

Post edited by beregar on
  • Totally agree animation need more attention.  
    But will also agree that DAZ has it hands full with implementing G9 (and all its features) and speed regressions and Ghost-lights, etc. etc.

I completely agree, although I have to say looking at the Blender codebase, the probability you'll get anything as good as that in the animation department is very close to zero.  For that reason I suggest round-tripping base character to Blender, doing your animation there, and then bringing it back into Daz if you want to stick with that for set dressing, lighting and rendering.  Diffeomorphic for import/export and Blender's animation tools are powerful and definitely worth learning, though it will be frustrating at first.

I would tell the story about how I switched from Fireworks to Inkscape for design at work (the former went out of support so tech support had to uninstall it).  The older you get and the longer you were using the former, the more learning the latter hurts!

Richard Haseltine said:

MeneerWolfman said:

Saxa -- SD said:

PDSmith said:

MeneerWolfman said:

How do I turn this off?

"

Zero Figure

As noted in the change log, a script can trigger the action and can suppress the dialogue. See http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_21_1_14 and the sample script http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/actions/action_trigger/start which shows how to trigger an action.

So the expection and assumption is we're all naturally versed in programing and script handling?  What I see is a mess of characters / numbers / and words, I'm not judging, good on those and you who can do such things, it's not in my wheel house and probably never will, but it would be nice if a braoder level of consideration were brought to the table when discussing such things.  

I see this as a change for the better, adding the 'never see again option is a fantastic idea' and for those who are just starting out in this hobby they may need that kind of reminder.

but those who have been around a while... it's a given we don't all program or has a nack for scripting, again not judeing, but we all have talents that do help impove this software, suggestions and taking into account of client ideas should be the very corner stone of this product.

• PDSmith said:

Richard Haseltine said:

MeneerWolfman said:

Saxa -- SD said:

PDSmith said:

MeneerWolfman said:

How do I turn this off?

"

Zero Figure

So the expection and assumption is we're all naturally versed in programing and script handling?  What I see is a mess of characters / numbers / and words, I'm not judging, good on those and you who can do such things, it's not in my wheel house and probably never will, but it would be nice if a braoder level of consideration were brought to the table when discussing such things.  

I see this as a change for the better, adding the 'never see again option is a fantastic idea' and for those who are just starting out in this hobby they may need that kind of reminder.

but those who have been around a while... it's a given we don't all program or has a nack for scripting, again not judeing, but we all have talents that do help impove this software, suggestions and taking into account of client ideas should be the very corner stone of this product.

Agree. "Function that has worked the way it should with a simple right click on the properties tab" replaced with "me writing a script and then having to trigger said script everytime I want to use it instead of the way easier action I've been doing for 10 years" seems crazy. There's an option to restore and an option to zero. We should be able to use both without the program questioning our judgement. Or are we going to get a similar warning everytime we click "restore" to remind us that "restore is probably what we meant, but it won't actually change the value to 0 in some cases, which do I want to do?"

• MeneerWolfman said:

PDSmith said:

Richard Haseltine said:

MeneerWolfman said:

Saxa -- SD said:

PDSmith said:

MeneerWolfman said:

How do I turn this off?

"

Zero Figure

Agree. "Function that has worked the way it should with a simple right click on the properties tab" replaced with "me writing a script and then having to trigger said script everytime I want to use it instead of the way easier action I've been doing for 10 years" seems crazy. There's an option to restore and an option to zero. We should be able to use both without the program questioning our judgement. Or are we going to get a similar warning everytime we click "restore" to remind us that "restore is probably what we meant, but it won't actually change the value to 0 in some cases, which do I want to do?"

Someone could write the script by minor editing 9as long as they gave proper credit, per the CC license) and then anyone could make it a custom action on a button or in a menu.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    edited January 2023

Saxa -- SD said:

*SNIP*

(3) Custom Morphs
    Using visual menus to save various custom morph presets.
    Yes Puppeteer is pretty nice, but always saw it as a more secondary posing mechanism, cos less people seemed to use it.
    So maybe a workaround? I don't use.

I have to disagree with ya there, as I heavily use puppeteer to essentially store entire scenes worth of poses, light setups, and props/scene elements, puppeteer is much, much more useful than one would think, or have the patience for…

I mean, there are a LOT of cool settings within studio, just crack it open and take a look, and experiment with it more if they're able that is…

But then again, I put an extraordinary amount of time tinkering and learning Studio's quirks, that I sometimes forget, that not everyone has the time.

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,874

Pickle Renderer said:

I suggest round-tripping base character to Blender, doing your animation there, and then bringing it back into Daz if you want to stick with that for set dressing, lighting and rendering.  Diffeomorphic for import/export and Blender's animation tools are powerful and definitely worth learning, though it will be frustrating at first.

Why should I do so much work going back and forth between softwares and relearning the same thing when it would be enough to fix the bugs in DAZ Studio? They are bugs not options that I could not like. They are malfunctions in the core code they wrote, not an add-on from third parties that could be ditched.

I can do nice animations in DAZ Studio 4.12.0.86 where the animation tools still works half decently. The devs put a lot of bugs in the code and now, in DAZ Studio 4.21, those tools are affected by colossal bugs and make a simple walkcycle is a torture. You can't filter sliders on the graph pane and GraphMate. You can't create a proper dot in puppeteer. You can't move the keyframes in the timeline. You can't frame distant props in the scene. You can't save your custom actions in the menus.

These issues are there since the relase just after 4.12.0.86 and for this reson I'm still stuck with version 4.12.0.86 that obviously lacks of a lot of new features I would like to try.

I spent a lot of money for assets for DAZ Studio and I want to use them in DAZ Studio not in another software, even if the transportation is super easy.

Said this, I wish an happy new year to everybody and their beloved ones!

• Found a strange problem with Daz 4.21.1.26 Beta with the Transfer Utility.

When I insert an Obj article on to a figure (say a suit onto G8F) I then use the Transfer Utility to turn the object into a figure that will fit and follow G8F.

This works fine with the older Daz Studio and still works fine with the 4.21.0.5 General Release.

With the 4.21.1.26 after the figure has been created it still leaves the Obj, so when a pose is applied to G8F the suit moves with the dress but there is also an Obj in the default position.

So I delete the old Obj and eveything looks ok, But if I use the Surface selection tool and highlight the new suit I still see the outline of the now deleted Obj.

Don't know if this might create a problem with other things

I have tested this with various Objs and on two PCs

• jtbethel said:

Found a strange problem with Daz 4.21.1.26 Beta with the Transfer Utility.

When I insert an Obj article on to a figure (say a suit onto G8F) I then use the Transfer Utility to turn the object into a figure that will fit and follow G8F.

This works fine with the older Daz Studio and still works fine with the 4.21.0.5 General Release.

With the 4.21.1.26 after the figure has been created it still leaves the Obj, so when a pose is applied to G8F the suit moves with the dress but there is also an Obj in the default position.

So I delete the old Obj and eveything looks ok, But if I use the Surface selection tool and highlight the new suit I still see the outline of the now deleted Obj.

Don't know if this might create a problem with other things

I have tested this with various Objs and on two PCs

This is apparently the result of a bug fix for a crash issue in Transfer Utility. Since it is potentially useful, allowing an easy redo using different options, it is being reviewed for promotion to a feature.

• Pickle Renderer said:

IceCrMn said:

NVidia says they have fixed that broken driver and released a new version this morning. Game ready version only though.

I'm still using Studio driver 517.40 with both the public beta and the general release with one of the OOT hair shaders being the only problem for me so far.

I'm running an RTX 3060 12GB.

I'll leave the GPU driver beta testing to others.

Once I see reports of the driver working I'll have a look at it and decide if I need it.

+1.  I have 3060 12GB, using 527.56.  Lainey Hair crashes iRay.  Need to restart Daz to get it to work again.

2022-12-29 20:28:28.421 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(377): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.3 IRAY rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060): Kernel [8] (ShadowEvalSr ) failed after 0.014s

2022-12-29 20:28:28.421 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(377): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.3 IRAY rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060): an illegal memory access was encountered (while launching CUDA renderer in <internal>:911)

Workaround: select the hair, and on the Surfaces tab select the hair and remove the maps in the Transmitted Color channel.

• I've been noticing a strange issue in 4.21.1.26, at least on my setup. My system is dual processor Xeon workstation with 64 gigs of RAM and an RTX 2060 Super card with 8 Gigs. I'm running Windows 10 with Nvidia driver 527.56 Studio, although the previous driver does the same thing.

The issue: I have a scene with three 8.1 characters that renders on the GPU. If I watch the GPU stats, it starts out at less than 1 Gig GPU RAM used. During rendering at 1536x1080, it will run up to 7.8 Gigs GPU RAM used. It usually makes it through this render just fine.

However, when the render finishes, the GPU RAM usage only falls back to around 4 Gigs. If I then try to do a second render, the usage will jump to 7.8 Gigs and a few moments later, I get a crash.

2022-12-30 19:33:21.444 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(377): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.2   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER): Not enough memory for kernel launches (0.000 B (210.574 MiB) required, 0.000 B available). Cannot allocate framebuffer.
    2022-12-30 19:33:21.446 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(377): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.2   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER): Failed to setup device frame buffer
    2022-12-30 19:33:21.446 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(377): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.2   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER): Device failed while rendering
    2022-12-30 19:33:21.446 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(377): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.2   IRAY   rend warn : CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER) ran out of memory and is temporarily unavailable for rendering.
    2022-12-30 19:33:24.924 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(377): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.2   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER): [Guidance sync] Failed slave device (remaining 1, done 0).

If I then restart DAZ, load the scene, and render? It works fine.

It's almost like the memory is not being reclaimed properly after a render.

And, yes, I have lowered the subdivisions to zero. 

• rst600rst600 Posts: 0

Hi! I have a problem rendering G8 Female models after updating Daz3D to version 4.21. All new and very old models from the archive, even the stock ones that I didn't change, began to render with an error. The skin on the models turns out to be gray, with a brown tinge.

The error concerns only the rendering of skin. Clothing, interiors, and other props are rendered well, without errors.

And the worst thing is that on the second computer where Das 4.12 is installed, such a problem began to arise, from the beginning with the rendering of my files, then with the rendering of any G8 models.

Video card: GeForce RTX 3070
    Driver: 527.56
    DAZ Version: 4.21.0.5

I can't figure out what happened and how to fix it. I wanted to download the old version of Daz, but I didn't find the old versions on the official website.

If someone has encountered a similar problem, please write.

Also, I'd like someone to share a link to the old version of Daz - 4.14 or 4.16. I want to reinstall Daz completely. I hope it will help me to solve the problem.

edited January 2023

rst600 said:

Hi! I have a problem rendering G8 Female models after updating Daz3D to version 4.21. All new and very old models from the archive, even the stock ones that I didn't change, began to render with an error. The skin on the models turns out to be gray, with a brown tinge.

The error concerns only the rendering of skin. Clothing, interiors, and other props are rendered well, without errors.

And the worst thing is that on the second computer where Das 4.12 is installed, such a problem began to arise, from the beginning with the rendering of my files, then with the rendering of any G8 models.

RST600, you are correct about the greying of the skin. I just did the same test on the recent beta vs.  4.21.0.5  and there is a definate greying / flatening of the skin tone.  I tried the test on a base v4, v4 with Anogensis shader applied, g3f (Silver) and g8f (SASE). Each render comes out a definate bit greyer than the original (as intended) via an older copy of Studio.  

Looks like as graphic novel rendering goes, it's roll back situation... too bad, I kind of like this new versions rendering speed improvement.

Side note I noticed it takes about 200 iterations to see the difference and as it progresses the differnece is more than noticable.

Good catch sir.

Studio Driver 526.98

Nvidia cards RTX 2070 and RTX 3060

Post edited by PDSmith on
  • JovanniJovanni Posts: 87

The new version has added support for Ghost Light. That's great. But why hasn't the Shadow Terminator adjustment been added yet?
    Nvidia added this to Iray but the Daz techs cut the feature. Why? 

edited January 2023

barbult said:

However I reloaded my "bad" scene, and the same problem occurred. Maybe there is something strange about that scene or the keyframes in it. If you have time, will you check this scene? I have attached it. Thanks.

Finally back here at DAZ forums with a little time.

Tried your scene. Loaded like in 3 seconds or less.  And Lol, finally installed G9 essentials thanks to your scene.  And your duf worked perfectly and so fast.  Clicked Play and animation looped just fine. 

Here is your duf resaved on my PC.  A chance that cleared out something wierd maybe? Seems upload is not working for now. So no resave RN.

edited January 2023

takezo_3001 said:

I have to disagree with ya there, as I heavily use puppeteer to essentially store entire scenes worth of poses, light setups, and props/scene elements, puppeteer is much, much more useful than one would think, or have the patience for…

I mean, there are a LOT of cool settings within studio, just crack it open and take a look, and experiment with it more if they're able that is…

But then again, I put an extraordinary amount of time tinkering and learning Studio's quirks, that I sometimes forget, that not everyone has the time.

The Daz users that use Puppeteer have every right to want it to work with timeline, and has so many uses.

If i gave a bad impression, it was not meant at all.  

But still stand by my opinion that Puppeteer has less users and is as such more secondary unlike morph dials which are primary in DAZ, including timeline manip.

But for those that use it, hearing it's less popular and less unspported is probably not cool.  Maybe wrong? Maybe with these posts DAZ will offer more support for Puppeteer users on timeline?

So again, I don't use Puppeteer cos it does seem less popular IMO, though very good.  Which is why i detailed my workaround.  Not as variable or quick as Puppeteer. But it's an adaptaptation with DAZ's apparent resource size IMO.

• Imago said:

You can't move the keyframes in the timeline.

in current DS beta 4.21.1.26, the process of select with marquee, then copy keys, paste keys to new spot on timeline, then delete old keys is certainly more work.  It is more careful. So you can move. Just not drag & drop.  So, just not as quick as animators would like.

Hopefully DAZ addresses that speed.  Less time = More users making Animations.

You can't frame distant props in the scene.

How do you mean? For eg. Rug at z -4000 , click frame and there is rug in focus.

You can't save your custom actions in the menus.

How do you mean? Make a duf of your setting  and then right click that and pick custom action.

Said this, I wish an happy new year to everybody and their beloved ones!

Same to you!

• PDSmith said:

rst600 said:

The skin on the models turns out to be gray, with a brown tinge.

The error concerns only the rendering of skin.

RST600, you are correct about the greying of the skin. I just did the same test on the recent beta vs.  4.21.0.5  and there is a definate greying / flatening of the skin tone.

re: Greying of skin

Would guess with all the Nvidia changes for Iray, that light interp is changing.  Just a guess.

So quick workaround is go to ToneMap and change white-point from pure white to something like R220 G222 B255 (lighter blue-purple).  Each user may need different tone-map setting depending on what they settled on for skin settings.

DAZ skin has many so layers and settings.  So not too surprising if this changed.  Nvidias priority is Iray.  Daz can only do so much.  They aren't Nvidia in size and resources.  Not even close.