DAZ Studio 4 Installation Guide Windows

124»

Comments

• It sounds like it isn't recognising the entity being run. How are you launching the install process? The Install Manager  ready links in the product library page require a browser file association to tell it what to do with them.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,043
    edited December 2022

Thus far I have done a manual download, and have an .exe file just like all the others in my 'Downloads' directory, exact filename "D:\DAZ Downloads\DAZStudio_4.21.0.5_Win64.exe". Using Windows Explorer I have double clicked on it (as I do to install all other .exe installation files) and.. nothing... for about 10 seconds before the message pops up. Did exactly the same with Hexagon & 64 bit C++ Builder and they installed.

It's as if something is getting between my clicking & running the file - which hints at an over-zealous AV system to me. Which is why I was wondering about that trusted content app.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • richardandtracy said:

Thus far I have done a manual download, and have an .exe file just like all the others in my 'Downloads' directory, exact filename "D:\DAZ Downloads\DAZStudio_4.21.0.5_Win64.exe". Using Windows Explorer I have double clicked on it (as I do to install all other .exe installation files) and.. nothing... for about 10 seconds before the message pops up. Did exactly the same with Hexagon & 64 bit C++ Builder and they installed.

It's as if something is getting between my clicking & running the file - which hints at an over-zealous AV system to me. Which is why I was wondering about that trusted content app.

Regards,

Richard

The current builds are not signed, it's possible that that is the issue (I've feeling Hexagon and Carara may be signed).

• Ahh. I may try disabling the trusted source requirements tomorrow, thanks. Regards, Richard.
  • OK, the 'Reputation Based Protection' setting in Win 11 was the issue. So, if you get the following warning in Win 11:

Then you will need to select the 'Windows Security' settings page and under 'Reputation-based protection set 'Check apps and files' to 'off'. Then you will be able to run the DS installation file.

Regards,

Richard

• Thanks for the fix.

• 3DRenderBoy3DRenderBoy Posts: 31
    edited January 2023

Greetings, nice people on DAZ3D!
    I just want to know if I need to install all the females-related products? Like Dolly for Genesis 8 Females, Shadow Thief Outfit for Genesis 8 Females etc.
    I do NOT mean products like Genesis 3 Female Starter Essentials etc. I install all "STARTER/ESSENTIALS" products for ALL genders (Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3, Genesis 8, Genesis 8.1 and Genesis 9).
    I just mean clothing etc. Its because I am not interested in making female related 3D arts. I try to make Genesis 8 Males related renders MOSTLY. Or G2M, G3M, G8.1M..
    But DIM asks me everytime I start it to install these important/necessary products too.  .

THANK YOU!

By the way, I really love DAZ Studio. It gives me so much free products to start and to learn. Are there similar other products that give so much free stuff? No, I do not think.

Post edited by 3DRenderBoy on
  • You can install as much or as little as you want - you don't even have to install the Starter Essentials for figues you do not wish to use (though many of those do add non-figure content too). The only one it would be tricky, though not I think impossible, to do without is the Default Resources

• Richard Haseltine said:

You can install as much or as little as you want - you don't even have to install the Starter Essentials for figues you do not wish to use (though many of those do add non-figure content too). The only one it would be tricky, though not I think impossible, to do without is the Default Resources

Thank you, Richard! This is good news for me because I have not much space on my system drive, so I have to save as many free space as possible.

It means I also do not need to install G1, G2, G3 and G9 stuff (like Essentials), or even einvironment products that I can NOT use because my scenes are always too dark or rendering takes way too long. (except default HDR einvironment that works fine with lighting and nVidia Irqay rendering in ~10 minutes). . (To Genesis 9: I wanted tried it out (that I got with my account in DIM) if it is better thAn G8. NO, not for my taste. Figures are neither males nor females - just 'all-in-one multi-gender'.) I

I (will) install Default Resources always. I just wanted avoid porudcts that 'eats' too much system drive (HDD) Bits'n Bytes.

I use all the time G8M. With G8.1 I have to learn more before I begin to use G8.1 figures. By the way, my FIRST start with DAZ Studio Pro is years ago and I tried with G3M stuff, G8M was new at thatt time.