Free Flexion Enhancement for G8/8.1F. Also SWM Flex Vein Control

terry_duquetteterry_duquette Posts: 252
edited December 2022 in Freebies

From Discussions on this thread:

unrealistic biceps and arm muscles in general, any hope for gen8/8.1? - Daz 3D Forums

and all my work and tutorials over on:

Auto Muscle Enhancer HD [Commercial] - Page 38 - Daz 3D Forums

Several folks have asked for my files on creating a Split Bicep Morph on the G8/8.1F Platform. I have come up with a somewhat useable solution and it is presented here. for the Flexion morphs, these can be used on any G8/8.1 Female character. The sliders allow for larger body types and greater musculature as desired. The Duq7 SG Morph control enhances the whole figure (Biceps, Triceps, Chest, Back, Thighs, Hamstrings and Calves). The Duq7 Flexion Enhance is a Bicep/Tricep additional focus using the forearm and hand movements to control.

To use the second file you must own:

Add Some Veins HD for Genesis 8 | Daz 3D 

The second file has a preset slider to control how much total body veins is dialed in, rather than the supplied preset of only 100%. In addition I created controls that use the supplied individual area sliders to "increase the Flex of the Veins for the Upper Arms, Fore Arms, Chest, Back, Thigh, Hamstring and Calves.

RenderPretender and windl3356 both personally requested these files, so I thought I would put them up as Freebies. These morphs and controls were created by me using various other morphs, D-Formers, and the Awesome Mesh Grabber Bundle (Win) | Daz 3D tools. All this was done completely inside DAZ studio, as I don't have a clue on some of the other tools available out there. These are not perfect, but I think you will get some farily favorable results. These must be manually installed. Have fun, I think this really brings the G8/8.1F platform to life, especially if you like Fit or Muscular characters.  TD

Edit: added some descriptions for the sliders in the attached picture. Sorry for the delay or confusion.  TD

Second Edit: Added a short PDF user guide showing my process on applying and  using these packages. TD

Third Edit: Deleted extra files accidentally included in the original file. Apologies to anyone that downloaded that file. TD

Post edited by terry_duquette on

Comments

• This looks great, thank you
  • Faeryl Womyn said:

This looks great, thank you

Appreciated :)          TD 

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029
    edited December 2022

Terry, these look great! I'll try to share some results of what I come up with. Thanks for all your kind effort! One observation I'll make, though, is that it can be a little hard to discern exactly what each slider does in practice, macro and micro. For instance, what is the difference between Split Bicep Preset and Split Bicep Control? I wonder if you'd consider adding (to your text above) a one-for-one description for each exact slider control name. There are a total of six sliders, correct? But these are fantastic, and the best option we have for G8F so far!

Post edited by RenderPretender on
  • RenderPretender said:

Terry, these look great! I'll try to share some results of what I come up with. Thanks for all your kind effort! One observation I'll make, though, is that it can be a little hard to discern exactly what each slider does in practice, macro and micro. For instance, what is the difference between Split Bicep Preset and Split Bicep Control? I wonder if you'd consider adding (to your text above) a one-for-one description for each exact slider control name. There are a total of six sliders, correct? But these are fantastic, and the best option we have for G8F so far!

Thx for the feedback, I will get the descriptions added today. I was going to, but I got so nervous that I had packaged it all correctly and rushed to publish them! Glad you like them, I went thru several tunings, deletes, start overs etc. to get to this point. TD 

• terry_duquette said:

RenderPretender said:

Thx for the feedback, I will get the descriptions added today. I was going to, but I got so nervous that I had packaged it all correctly and rushed to publish them! Glad you like them, I went thru several tunings, deletes, start overs etc. to get to this point. TD 

Thank you! I'm sure this was a ton of work. I'm trying to find the combo that maximizes the "split" across the range of motion and characters, because it's an elusive thing.

• terry_duquetteterry_duquette Posts: 252
    edited December 2022

RenderPretender said:

terry_duquette said:

RenderPretender said:

Thank you! I'm sure this was a ton of work. I'm trying to find the combo that maximizes the "split" across the range of motion and characters, because it's an elusive thing.

Trust me I know! It ends up being different on each one, that lead me to the Presets. I built the bias in so the morphs would not start right away, it takes a combo of forearm bending and twisting to take out the Bias, then the hand/wrist movement becomes the primary driver. Hope that helps a bit. You can also turn off the Hidden Properties and observe the actual values in the Flexions folder to help out on your tuning. TD 

Edit, The bicep split and all the rest of these morphs are all Base Resolution.  TD

• khorneV2khorneV2 Posts: 146

great job thanks a lot

• terry_duquette said:

RenderPretender said:

terry_duquette said:

RenderPretender said:

Trust me I know! It ends up being different on each one, that lead me to the Presets. I built the bias in so the morphs would not start right away, it takes a combo of forearm bending and twisting to take out the Bias, then the hand/wrist movement becomes the primary driver. Hope that helps a bit. You can also turn off the Hidden Properties and observe the actual values in the Flexions folder to help out on your tuning. TD 

Edit, The bicep split and all the rest of these morphs are all Base Resolution.  TD

Cool. So, shouldn't they be even more pronounced on my characters, which are all Render SubD 3?

edited December 2022

Emrys' Sandra has an athletic build right out of the box, but in the full-length shots below, she has been in the gym for about six months, and displays her short-bellied biceps and peaked triceps in various poses. TD's skillfully created and generously provided flexion morphs are a critical driver, superimposed over several other muscle morph products. The only edits of these renders are for the purposes of modesty as required by forum rules. Thanks again, TD, for your creativity and generosity.

Sandra G8F - Touch of Gray 1-modesty.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 367K
    Sandra G8F - Touch of Gray 2-modesty.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 390K
    Sandra G8F - Touch of Gray 3-modesty.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 319K
    Sandra G8F - Touch of Gray 4-modesty.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 296K
    Sandra G8F - Touch of Gray 5.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 254K
    Sandra G8F - Touch of Gray 6.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 306K
  • RenderPretender, much appreciated, glad you are enjoying the package, hope everyone else is having success also!  TD

• Edited my original post with this short PDF user guide showing my workflow on using these packages. Hope this helps reduce any confusion on how these morph packages can interact with each other.   Also attached it here. TD

pdf
    pdf
    DUQ7 Flexion and SWM usage.pdf
    1M
  • riuken1riuken1 Posts: 127

NO see anyone else mentioned, maybe is something in my end,  but the Salt Bikini Compression.dsf, made daz show a missing file error wen I use G8F. Asks for this product https://www.daz3d.com/fg-squishy-for-genesis-8-female

edited December 2022

My Apologies to anyone that downloaded the SWM Vein Control ZIP File. I thought I had deleted all the extra files that I have made in my system, a bunch of clones and body presets that I commonly use. You will get errors on some of them as they require other products. The quick fix is to go to:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Duquette7\Product 

and delete everything except the "Duq7 SWM Vein Control" file. 

I will update the ZIP File in the first post shortly. Again apologies for sticking you with a bunch of files you did not request. Screen shot of the location and the file you should save attached. TD 

Will update once the update is completed.

Update to the first post completed. TD

pdf
    pdf
    DUQ7 SWM mess up.pdf
    edited December 2022

terry_duquette said:

My Apologies to anyone that downloaded the SWM Vein Control ZIP File. I thought I had deleted all the extra files that I have made in my system, a bunch of clones and body presets that I commonly use. You will get errors on some of them as they require other products. The quick fix is to go to:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Duquette7\Product 

and delete everything except the "Duq7 SWM Vein Control" file. 

I will update the ZIP File in the first post shortly. Again apologies for sticking you with a bunch of files you did not request. Screen shot of the location and the file you should save attached. TD 

Will update once the update is completed.

Update to the first post completed. TD

Is ok, I use mods for games and this things,some times happen, that were I learn to give feetback to creators abut their creations. Thanks for the freebie.

Post edited by riuken1 on
    edited December 2022

Thanks to all for looking and/or downloading, here is a Render I did awhile ago, but forgot where I put it! Anyway it includes Musculature HD, Advanced Shape Enhancement (ASE), SWM Veins, Body Pressure morphs, my own Clothes morphs, a host of other stuff, and of course my Flexion and SWM vein control. I think it all works together very nicely when blended for each character. 

G8F Bicep Hope.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 910K
  • terry_duquette said:

Thanks to all for looking and/or downloading, here is a Render I did awhile ago, but forgot where I put it! Anyway it includes Musculature HD, Advanced Shape Enhancement (ASE), SWM Veins, Body Pressure morphs, my own Clothes morphs, a host of other stuff, and of course my Flexion and SWM vein control. I think it all works together very nicely when blended for each character. 

An excellent render, and an excellent example of why I don't see the need for Character specific HD additions for characters.

• You are doing god's work my friend, I can never thank you enough, can't wait to play around with it.  and my apology for not being active on this forum to discuss the problem I created 

hope I can acheive good result on native G8F as it did on my G8M to G8F with AME 

This is my G8M to G8F result vs my current best bicep on native G8F (haven't used your tool yet) 

• windli3356 said:

You are doing god's work my friend, I can never thank you enough, can't wait to play around with it.  and my apology for not being active on this forum to discuss the problem I created 

hope I can acheive good result on native G8F as it did on my G8M to G8F with AME 

This is my G8M to G8F result vs my current best bicep on native G8F (haven't used your tool yet) 

windli3356,

Hope these tools meet your need. Just glad you got my message. You didn't really create the problem, it was always there,  I am working hard on some G9 files also. The Base model Flexions don't contract, so you get this LONG Bicep that then makes the arm look like a noodle, just my take on it. I will publish my G9 files when I get something I can live with. TD

• terry_duquette said:

windli3356 said:

You are doing god's work my friend, I can never thank you enough, can't wait to play around with it.  and my apology for not being active on this forum to discuss the problem I created 

windli3356,

Hope these tools meet your need. Just glad you got my message. You didn't really create the problem, it was always there,  I am working hard on some G9 files also. The Base model Flexions don't contract, so you get this LONG Bicep that then makes the arm look like a noodle, just my take on it. I will publish my G9 files when I get something I can live with. TD

Thanks! wow~ G9 can't wait! would be even happier if you put that up for sale, I'd be the first in line to buy it :D I can see it's alot of work put into it, don't want see you end up empty handed

Question on this G8 tool you uploaded, I can only find 2 of your morph slider so far (as shown in attached)  would love to try out "base flex control", "split bicep present", "split bicep control" and "SG flex add" :D what did I do wrong? 

• I don't see any attached picture, but it sounds like you didn't download/install the other file, there is the SWM Control, and the main one is the Duq7 Flexion, that is where all the missing sliders would be. TD

• terry_duquette said:

I don't see any attached picture, but it sounds like you didn't download/install the other file, there is the SWM Control, and the main one is the Duq7 Flexion, that is where all the missing sliders would be. TD

I think DAZ forum seem to have problem posting screenshot this morning, and yes you were right! I missed 1 file, now I have everything intact! and just wow~ what can I say, this is the best bicep morph solution for G8F period.  I can never thank you enough friend :D  Can't wait to see what you can do with G9 

!bcppp21.jpg
    2934 x 2667 - 2M
  • windli3356 said:

terry_duquette said:

I don't see any attached picture, but it sounds like you didn't download/install the other file, there is the SWM Control, and the main one is the Duq7 Flexion, that is where all the missing sliders would be. TD

I think DAZ forum seem to have problem posting screenshot this morning, and yes you were right! I missed 1 file, now I have everything intact! and just wow~ what can I say, this is the best bicep morph solution for G8F period.  I can never thank you enough friend :D  Can't wait to see what you can do with G9 

Looks great! Is that a native G8F in the pic with TD's sliders?

• RenderPretender said:

windli3356 said:

terry_duquette said:

Yup~ that's a native G8F with @terry_duquette's slider, normally would take me huge effort to look like that by converting G8M to G8F

• windli3356 said:

RenderPretender said:

windli3356 said:

terry_duquette said:

Yup~ that's a native G8F with @terry_duquette's slider, normally would take me huge effort to look like that by converting G8M to G8F

Looks fantastic! Shortly, I'll post some images of my most recent dabblings into TD's dials, and I'll try to share my settings.

terry_duquette said:

Nice rencer thanks for share.

edited January 2023

As promised, I thought I'd share my latest study using TD'S brilliant morphs, combined with a number of other muscle morph products. Here, Gertha (G8.1F) strikes several poses in the bright sunlight of a Chinese garden. I am sharing her TD settings as well. Because she is a full-on bodybuilder with quite a bit of muscle mass and separation, I have elected not to use the Split Bicep Preset because it seems to "overdrive" her bicep size to a disproportionate degree when combined with her other settings. I am open to more instruction on that in case I am missing (or misusing) something, though I did read TD's slider descriptions at the top of the thread.

Note: One thing I did notice is that TD's morphs do not seem to be included when a Shaping Preset is saved. Have no idea why.

G8.1F - Gertha-low-light-bloom.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 244K
    G8.1F - Gertha 2-low-light-bloom.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 255K
    G8.1F - Gertha 3-low-light-bloom.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 251K
    G8.1F - Gertha-Duq7-Settings.jpg
    281 x 408 - 40K
  • RenderPretender,

Beautiful Renders! Sometimes if a Character's Biceps become quite large, I change a bicep limit on a Muscle product allowing a negative, or reduced preset so I can use these morphs effectively. About the Presets, since these are just controllers, you may have to go in and manually check mark in the Misc folder to ensure they are saved. I will do a little investigation to see if that is true, or just an anamoly with my product? 

Thanks again for sharing!! TD

• terry_duquette said:

RenderPretender,

Beautiful Renders! Sometimes if a Character's Biceps become quite large, I change a bicep limit on a Muscle product allowing a negative, or reduced preset so I can use these morphs effectively. About the Presets, since these are just controllers, you may have to go in and manually check mark in the Misc folder to ensure they are saved. I will do a little investigation to see if that is true, or just an anamoly with my product? 

Thanks again for sharing!! TD

Thanks for the feedback, TD! And I appreciate the tip on the bicep limit, though I use a few others simultaneously, so that might be a challenge. I'm still trying to achieve that VERY distinct bicep split, but I realize that you are working wonders for G8F within the limits of what you have to work with!

• khorneV2khorneV2 Posts: 146

Hello,

Is it possible to adapt it to g1, g2, g3 or g9 ?

edited February 2023

khorneV2 said:

Hello,

Is it possible to adapt it to g1, g2, g3 or g9 ?

There is a product from SWM for G2, and  from xenic101 for G3. The extra individual Add-ons I made are hand crafted and then ERC frozen. These could be recreated for any generation, but I am nearing completion on something for G9 using the SWM Muscullarity Product recently released. I have done something similar, so keep your eyes peeled. The product is completed and working well, just making the training document and splash page pictures. Should address a lot of users issues with G9. TD

Edit, here are the Teaser pics!! TD

SWM Demo Before.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 388K
    SWM Demo After.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 399K