CARRARA CHALLENGE #64: The Old Egypt........ Voting thread

Comments

• I've been dreading doing this but I guess I should get on with it.  Such diverse interpretations and styles!

Entry - 10

Artist Name - Diomede (Ted Murphy)

Title of Work - NNVIATWAS, The Mummy's Bride

At 10 cents that would be about 1960.  Fits that era perfectly - except with that cover it would be behind the counter and you'd have to ask for it.

ENTRY # - 5

ARTIST NAME - khoe

TITLE OF WORK - Market in old egypt

Makes you feel like you're there

ENTRY # - 9

ARTIST NAME - Stezza

TITLE OF WORK - Sarcophagus Rock ( Walk like an Egyptian )

Love the near-sepia toning.  Nearly chose "The Duck" though

ENTRY # - 16

ARTIST NAME - khoe

TITLE OF WORK - The Mummy is back

The lighting is great!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,226

ENTRY # - 16

ARTIST NAME - khoe

TITLE OF WORK - The Mummy is back

Entry - 12

Title of Work - Wetlands of the Nile Delta

Entry - 11

Artist Name - Hewdax

Title of Work - Anubis, The Moon in the Sky, The Stars of the Sea

ENTRY # - 9

ARTIST NAME - Stezza

Fantastic art, everyone. Great Work!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,811

ENTRY # - 3
    ARTIST NAME - Bunyip02
    TITLE OF WORK - Pleading with the Gods

Entry - 10
    Artist Name - Diomede (Ted Murphy)
    Title of Work - NNVIATWAS, The Mummy's Bride

Entry - 11
    Artist Name - Hewdax
    Title of Work - Anubis, The Moon in the Sky, The Stars of the Sea

Entry - 14
    Artist Name - UnifiedBrain
    Title of Work - Young Cleopatra Meets the God of Death

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 293

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    last day for Voting is running
    vote now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________________________________________________

• ENTRY # - 5

ARTIST NAME - khoe

TITLE OF WORK - Market in old egypt

Entry 7

Artist - Diomede (Ted Murphy)

Title - Welcome to the Neighborhood.  I Brewed Some Fresh Embalming Fluid

ENTRY # - 9

ARTIST NAME - Stezza

Entry - 10

Title of Work - NNVIATWAS, The Mummy's Bride

Grimmvald said:

I've been dreading doing this but I guess I should get on with it.  Such diverse interpretations and styles!

Agreed! 

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

Entry: 5

Artist Name: Khoe

Title of Work: Market in old egypt

Entry: 12

Artist Name: Diomede

Title of Work: Wetlands of the Nile Delta

Entry: 14

Artist Name: Unified Brain

Title of Work: Young Cleopatra Meets the God of Death

Entry: 9

Artist Name: Stezza

Title of Work: Sarcophagus Rock ( Walk like an Egyptian )

Fantastic work by all participants! So hard to choose.

Voting is over.. The count showed. on the 2nd place equal to one point. What should I do? The award is fixed. I ask for help send me a PM

edited December 2022

here is the result of the challenge.
    17 people voted. 9 artists took part
    1st place Khö with 9 votes entry 5 / Market in old Egypt
    2nd place Headwax 8 votes entry 11 / Anubis, The Moon in the Sky,
    2nd place UnifieldBrain 8 votes entry 14 | Young Cleopatra....
    4th place Steza 7 votes entryentry 9 / Sarcophagus Rock
    I now have to clarify how we can do this with the awarding of the prizes.
    I still have to ask Daz about this.
    My idea would be place 3 and 4 together = 90 and everyone gets 45 credits or how was it solved in the past? Thanks to all who participated. I'm not hosting the next challenge. Please look elsewhere.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-01 um 11.18.21.png
    1421 x 662 - 312K
    Post edited by Khoe on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,730
    edited December 2022

Congrats to the winners, thanks to DAZ3D for being the sponsor, thanks to the voters, thanks to Khoe for being the host despite English not being his native tongue !!!

In the past a tie-breaker has been used.

This has varied from asking one of the moderators to cast a vote, drawing names out of a hat, flip of a coin, total votes where they have done a few entries.

Adding the two tied entries together and dividing them equally is definately an option.

Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Great Show Everyone! I thoroughly enjoyed all of your Art! yes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

I think the ties cancel each other.  Therefore, those two particular images by Headwax and UnifiedBrain are eliminated and the field is ranked again.  So, Khoe is 1, Stezza is 2, Bunyip is 3, and Diomede is 4.  devil

Actually, I will support any reasonable solution that Daz will accept.  Flipping a coin seems the simplest, but I am not one of the people being flipped.  Averaging the two prizes (place two and three) also seems reasonable if Daz accepts it.  Either way, congratulations to Khoe, Headwax, UnifiedBrain, and Stezza.

The whole collection of images was amazing.  Very inspiring leadership, Khoe.  And thank you to Daz for continued sponsorship.

• Khoe, there is no need to contact Daz about this.  You are the one who makes the decision.

It is easily resolved.  Give Headwax 2nd.  I will be happy to take 3rd.

Thanks for your efforts, especially with English not your native tongue.  Very well done.  I understand you not wanting to host two in a row, but hope that you will continue to enter.  There are plenty of people are willing to host.

Congratulations to all the entrants.  Carrara lives!

• GrimmvaldGrimmvald Posts: 65
    edited December 2022

What I'd LIKE to see is a render off where they each submit a new image with more voting.  That way we'd get more outstanding images to look at.

Seriously though, here in the US elections that are tied are decided with a coin flip.  

UnifiedBrain has graciously provided the easiest answer.

Post edited by Grimmvald on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,988

~.  Congratulations .  //

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Khoe said:

here is the result of the challenge.
    17 people voted. 9 artists took part
    1st place Khö with 9 votes entry 5 / Market in old Egypt
    2nd place Hewdax 8 votes entry 11 / Anubis, The Moon in the Sky,
    2nd place UnifieldBrain 8 votes entry 14 | Young Cleopatra....
    4th place Steza 7 votes entryentry 9 / Sarcophagus Rock
    I now have to clarify how we can do this with the awarding of the prizes.
    I still have to ask Daz about this.
    My idea would be place 3 and 4 together = 90 and everyone gets 45 credits or how was it solved in the past? Thanks to all who participated. I'm not hosting the next challenge. Please look elsewhere.

thanks for doing such a good job hosting Khoe, and congrats again to everyone.

I think your idea of making  3 and 4 together (with 2?)  works fine as they were all pretty close.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

UnifiedBrain said:

Khoe, there is no need to contact Daz about this.  You are the one who makes the decision.

It is easily resolved.  Give Headwax 2nd.  I will be happy to take 3rd.

Thanks for your efforts, especially with English not your native tongue.  Very well done.  I understand you not wanting to host two in a row, but hope that you will continue to enter.  There are plenty of people are willing to host.

Congratulations to all the entrants.  Carrara lives!

Oh I'll take 4th :) I'm happy just to have enouugh time to get a render in actually.

Coin flip sounds terrific. 

• Sorry, but I asked him first. :)

Hey, I was wanting to ask, did you call yourself HewDax on purpose, or was that just a mispelling?

Either way, I like it. I might just call you HewDax from now on! :)

I sent the information about the placements to DAZ, now we have to wait for an answer or for the prizes to be credited. Thanks to everyone who attended and supported the challenge. Thanks to Daz for providing the prizes. I hope you could understand me so far with my strange English. I'm excited to see what's next. :)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,730

Khoe said:

I sent the information about the placements to DAZ, now we have to wait for an answer or for the prizes to be credited. Thanks to everyone who attended and supported the challenge. Thanks to Daz for providing the prizes. I hope you could understand me so far with my strange English. I'm excited to see what's next. :)

Khoe - did you get the winners DAZ3D email addresses, DAZ will need them to award the prizes ? Normally get the winners to PM their addresses to you.

Bunyip02 said:

Khoe said:

Khoe - did you get the winners DAZ3D email addresses, DAZ will need them to award the prizes ? Normally get the winners to PM their addresses to you.

Yes i become the adress vom the winner ;)  and sent it to Daz 

Congrats to the winners... thanks for hosting Khoe great job.. yes

special mention to Hewdax whoever you are devil

and @diomede I like your thinking wink

great renders by everyone once again... fun fun fun 

Khoe said:

Bunyip02 said:

Khoe said:

Yes i become the adress vom the winner ;)  and sent it to Daz 

thanks Daz & khoe

credits have been deposited  yes

• Congratulation to the winners - great Job.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,009

Congrats to all.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,758

Congrats to winners and participants both!

• Anyone want to host the next Challenge?

None of the finalists are up for it - unfortunately - for a variety of reasons.

Also, how do you folks feel about postponing the next one until after the new year?

Thanks in advance for feedback!

Next New Year's Challenges, why not? or extend the wipe phase. start shortly before Christmas until mid or end of January,

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

I am willing to host the challenge if no one else wants to.  My preference would be to start the next challenge, but simply extend the time period longer and increase the number of permitted entries.  Instead of waiting until January 10th and running the challenge until the end of February, just start it now and run the challenge through the end of February.  Same end.  People who can't jump in until next year will still have plenty of time, while people who have time now but have events in the New Year can get started now.