Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Horo - another outstanding landscape, perfect  lighting and materials 

S Ray - Superb Medieval Dining Room, the lighting is awesome, very realistic.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,794

S Ray, glad that you're taking a break because your images are looking so good.  This one has wonderful component setup and I like the lighting.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

NGartplay - thank you.

S Ray - this medieval dining room looks great, good POV and lighting.

mermaid - thank you.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,078

hubert : thank you.

Horo : The sky, terrain and water : they all look so realistic, like a photo. Superb image.

S Ray : Beautiful medieval dining room, great lighting.

Thank you adbc.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Horo: A wonderful shore scene. Awesome water and terrain mats!

S Ray: Great composition, mats and render! Cool POV and lighting.

Thank you hubert.

• spuddyspuddy Posts: 449

What splendid renders you have all been posting I can see skills are being honed

edited December 2022

Bit of a departure from my usual subject I set myself a challenge  to build a couple of barns set in a night scene and this for better or worse is what a came up with. 

a new building 32.png
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by spuddy on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited December 2022

Sorry for not reacting to everything separately. I see plenty of great new renders, though: keep it up.

My recent renders are all rather quick modifications and re-renders of old works; nothing really new. Even the first render based on a photo of a lamp (another one than the one earlier) is already from some time ago. I don't remember all details, but here are some landscapes that rendered in the last weeks while I was working. (quick modification, render for a time, save picture, doesn't take lots of activity from me). The first three have a cloud slab.

highland_from_lamp2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 903K
    highland_from_lamp3.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 522K
    highland_from_lamp4.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M
    highland_from_lamp.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited December 2022

In the similar vein of my four landscapes above, I made a couple of abstracts, based on earlier ones.

planetary mist3.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 507K
    planetary mist4.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M

Spuddy, that's a moody image.  I like the construction of the scene and the lighting, though it's a bit dark on my monitor.  I'm a fan of night scenes lit by different lights.

Hansmar, your first pic look like a photo. Except for the terracing of the terrain I wouldn't know that it's a Bryce work.  Very cool terrain in the last one.

Nice looking abstracts.  I'm especially drawn to the golden one.

spuddy - nice barn in the low light.

Hansmar - nice work. The first must be a snow storm with a complete white-out. The snow mountains with steps/terraces looks great, the one with the green hills is nice and the third came out very good. - Both abstracts look great.

Spuddy -  very nice barn render, I like the subtle lighting, although it is a bit dark on my phone screen.

Hansmar - fabulous landscapes, I like all, the abstracts are also superb, the gold my fav

spuddy : wonderful barn scene, nice lighting.

Hansmar : Beautiful landscapes and abstracts.

edited December 2022

Thanks everyone it can seem a tad dark depending on you devices but in reality there is more light than there should be but the level was added to make the whole scene visable

Hansmar nice play with old renders to give an interesting new set

Post edited by spuddy on
    edited December 2022

this is a lighter version with sun/moon on it gave me a chance to correct some things as the version in original post couldn't be saved as Bryce crashed. but it isn't the look I was going for but I don't dislike it

a new building 35.png
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by spuddy on

this is a lighter version with sun/moon on it gave me a chance to correct some things as the version in original post couldn't be saved as Bryce crashed. but it isn't the look I was going for but I don't dislike it and I expect most will prefer it

spuddy - this version is also nice but I find the darker one more natural. On the other hand, if this were a photograph, the second version used a longer exposition time (or had the aperture opened or used a film/sensor with a higher ASA setting).

edited December 2022

Thanks Horo I totally agree with you I just wanted to show why the original was the way it was.....It also took the render time from 5 to 25 mins

adjusted......... original lighting but without the floating wheel and chain and back to 5mins render

a new building 36.png
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by spuddy on
    edited December 2022

I don't know why, but sometimes my uploads go astray. I now repaired the invisible terrain picture above.

And thanks all for comments.

Spuddy, your render is very moody and looks great when seen full size. Smaller sizes appear darker than the full size is, because of the surrounding white areas.

spuddy - like Hansmar said, the white page around a darker image makes it appear even darker. I usually open the full image if there is one.

Hansmar - now the "white-out" appeared and a nice landscape with grass appears. looks nice, good sky.

spuddy : both renders are very good, opening the full image makes a difference, I prefer the original.

Hansmar : the "hidden" image is a very nice landscape, beautiful sky.

edited December 2022

Thanks is there any other way to view a render ...... I'm surprised that anyone wouldn't open them up....... as i said the lighter version was only to show why the original was lit that way

Thanks again .

Post edited by spuddy on
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 2022

Lots of nice renders being posted, but I don't have time at the moment to comment, so I'll do that later.  Just wanted to share something I'm really excited about.  

I've used GIMP for years for most of my 2D artwork and occasionally in Bryce.  The biggest hurdle was that it was 8-bit so it really limited what you could do for terrains.  Well, GIMP went to 16-bit a few years ago and I've been out of the game for awhile, but wanted to see what, if anything, I could do with 16-bit images exported from GIMP and brought into Bryce for a terrain and, to say the least, I'm very impressed; it's a game changer for me.

I created this texture at 1024 X 1024 with a blur of 3.5 pixels and exported it to both 8-bit and 16-bit grayscale pngs (I tried different compression settings and I don't see a difference). Brought each into Bryce using a 1024 X 1024 terrain and you can definitely see how well the 16-bit looks, no steps at all and smoothing in GIMP works fantastically.  Now, I'll be able to refine my hightmaps very specifically using GIMP's tools and filters.  Here are the results:  

Texture

8-bit flat color

16-bit flat color

8-bit rainbow reflective color

16-bit rainbow reflective color

texture.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
    8bit3.5blur.jpg
    950 x 475 - 285K
    16bit3.5blur.jpg
    950 x 475 - 210K
    8bit3.5blurcolor.jpg
    950 x 475 - 431K
    16bit3.5blurcolor.jpg
    950 x 475 - 306K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on

That does make a difference.  The last one is very smooth.  I've never played enough with the terrain editor.  It seems powerful.

Spuddy - I like both new versions, i always open the images to view them, but on the phone they still look a bit dark but I like them.

Hansmar - the invisible image is a beautiful landscape with some grass, well done.

Art - awesome experiments, 16bit is normally the way to go, but some of my Photoshop terrain heightmaps are 8 bits, I like the texture of the 1st 8 bit, it looks nicer to me than the 16 bit one.

Fencepost : great experiments, there is a big difference between them, I like the last smooth one but that depends on the scene I suppose.

Fencepost - good to know that GIMP can do 16-bit grayscale images. Never tried with it. I still use an older Photoshop but do have GIMP as spare once Photoshop doen't work anymore. Your examples are very instructive and look great besides. 65,536 height steps look better than only 256.

edited December 2022

The River is an oldie ( I may have posted it before), using terrains, material and Hdri from the Terrain Stacking Product. https://www.bryce-tutorials.info/shop/bryce-7-1-pro-terrain-stacking/

terrainstacking.jpg
    900 x 600 - 114K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
This discussion has been closed.