Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,109

NGartplay - thank you. I don't know Blade Runner.

mermaid - thank you.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,095

Horo : Towers : interesting render, great futuristic city.

adbc - thank you. I also thought of it at first as a city building, but it stands too isolated.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,755

NGartplay, Horo, adbc, hubert, mermaid, Thank you.

Horo, Great sci-fi city work.

Thank you Hansmar.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited November 2022

Hello, old friends!  I'm glad to see the forum is still here and there's lots of awesome work being published.  My "artwork" and inspiration seem to come when I'm at a low point in life and...well, I started up Bryce again and have pushed my nose deep into the software and re-reading old tutorials.  I guess the advantage in being named, Art, is that everything I do is a work of Art, but that doesn't mean it's any good. LOLOL

Horo - I've picked up a few of your products from the Bryce-Tutorials site and really enjoy them.  Unfortunately, I was never very good at putting together landscapes so I don't use them as much, but I'm glad for you and David's resources.

Here's a few things I've been working on...not sure if I remember how to post them, so if I make a mistake, pardon me, please. cool  Right now, I'm on a torus kick.  It's amazing what you can get out of Bryce with just a Bryce torus.  Bump mapping can really make things look more complex. 

I hope to be more involved again.

Thanks, Art

TwistyShape 1.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 942K
    TwistyShape 2.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 1M
    Bryce Advanced Fractal Lens Tiles.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Super Reflection Abstract 1 With Octotoad 2A.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Abstract 24.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Abstract 24Bright.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Abstract 24H.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    BlueGoldNeural 2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    BlueRoom.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,809

Fencepost, you don't seem to have lost any talent along the way.  I'd be proud to claim any of them as mine.  well done, they are all beautiful.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,987

Wow Art welcome back, a fantastic set of abstracts, hope to see more of your amazing work.

Fencepost : really gorgeous abstracts, great work.

edited November 2022

Fencepost52 - what a great surprise to see you back here after a long time. Being at a low point in life doesn't sound very good - I remember having seen you at LinkedIn quite some time ago. Very nice object renders and abstract. Keep it up. I hope things will improve for you. Looking forward to see more of your artwork.

Twice the same object made in Incendia but turned to lie down. Once the camera looks at the columns or towers, in the second one looking at the bottom. Both have the same material - with some transparency and reflection, which made the renders very long. The object lies on a fading disk and is lit by an HDRI.

Lying Columns Top

Lying Columns Bottom

LyingColumnsT.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 121K
    LyingColumnsB.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 127K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • huberthubert Posts: 410

Fencepost:
    Glad to see you posting here! :)
    A great set and variations of bryced abstracts! Cool patterns, mats and coloring!

Horo:
    A fascinating sculpture! That mat really fits to it. Seems as one could touch this object physically on the screen.

Horo - fabulous objects and renders, awesome material and lighting.

Horo : what a beautiful object, the material and lighting makes it very special !

Thank you hubert, mermaid and adbc.

• Thanks, y'all, for the welcome and nice compliments.

Horo - I can't remember the LinkedIn thing.  Did you contact me or see my profile?  Sorry, if we made contact and I've forgotten...going to blame it on middle age (yep, that's it...has to be! cool)  

Wonderful shape and renders.  When I looked at first one, I noticed a blurring/doubling effect at the edges of the shape, but it must be the combination of reflection & transparency giving it that effect.  Very cool and organic.

Fencepost, I think that you're referring to the stereographic aspect of Horo's image.  I don't know how he creates them but they are 3D if you have 3D glasses.

Horo, love the lighting and mat on your object.  Very creative.

Fencepost - no, not contacted you on LinkedIn, just noticed you. I've been on LinkedIn before Microsoft bought it from the German owner many years ago. The notifications I get give me hints how people I know fare.
    Thank you. The blurring/doubling effect comes mainly from the transparency and reflection. In fact, I started up to create an anaglyph but I got shocked by how long the render needed and an anaglyph would take around double as long to render. Transparency plus reflection combined turns out to be a true render hog.

NGartplay - thank you.

edited November 2022

The city consists of 16 Dystopia City Blocks, and a RainCube creates the rain. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI and a bit of light by the sun. In this weather the city appears abandoned.

Dark City in Rain

DarkCityInRain.jpg
    1200 x 765 - 137K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo, the Dystopia buildings are very cool.  I think that I have them but never used them.  I'll have to give them a try.  Love the rain.

• Cool.  I thought that might be the case about Linkedin, but wasn't sure.  

Thanks for the explanation about the render.  At first I thought it might be an anaglyph as NGartplay mentioned, but quickly realized that the blurriness was mostly on the edges.  

Nice new render.  I really like it.  Are the models a large size footprint?

Art

NGartplay - thank you.

Fencepost - thank you. The model footprint is moderate, though the textures are not very elaborate. The file size of the rendered scene with 16 models is 30 MB, but since Bryce compresses the source file, I checked the memory usage, which is 251 MB.

edited November 2022

Horo : wonderful dystopia scene, I like the rain. 

A very simple abstract, only 2 tori and a plane.

abstract22.jpg
    800 x 600 - 46K
    Post edited by adbc on

Horo - awesome dystopia city scene, I like the rain too

Adbc - wow superb abstract, I like the vivid color, well done.

adbc - thank you. Simple but beautiful abstract, nice colour choices.

mermaid - thank you.

adbc, that's gorgeous.  Not many objects in it but they create an image full of detail.  Lovely

mermaid, Horo, NGartplay : thank you.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Horo: That's a very gloomy city. Your rain mat is impressive! Interesting information about the model and memory footprint.

adbc: Simple yet effective! It's beautiful. I too like that vivid and warm coloring.

edited November 2022

hubert - thank you. About the city model footprint: I forgot to delete the HDRI, so file size is 5 MB smaller and the memory footprint 25 MB lower than stated above.

The terrain is from HRT 3 with a material from the same set. The water consists of a self made terrain with a material from HRT 4. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from Gritstone Hills and the key light by the sun.

Lost Rock Isle

LostRockIsle.jpg
    1200 x 825 - 237K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo, your landscapes always look so real.  Great terrains and mats.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398
    edited November 2022

Been beating my head against the wall learning Unreal. Taking a break from that for awhile & doing a little Bryceing. Here's one I'm trying out some of Production's Crate's, models,  texture & materials in Bryce 
    Medieval Dinning Room 

Medieval Dinning Room.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by S Ray on
This discussion has been closed.