Sadie to genesis?

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited September 2012

...[post removed]

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited July 2012

What do you mean they have different geometry? Look at my attachments. These are all Genesis. Its the morph not geomerty that gets the toon look.

chibi-girl-for-genesis-large.jpg
    350 x 455 - 30K
    1.jpg
    461 x 510 - 37K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited July 2012

Skiriki said:
    :o I suddenly realized that I saw that movie when it came out. Gah. Feeling OLLLLLLLLD now. And the song gives me shivers, oh yes it does.

You're feeling old? I saw the movie when it came out, and I can't for the life of me remember the song. I need to pick up the dvd & watch it again now.

Post edited by riftwitch on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

I do a lot of shape-blending myself. Just 2% to 5% of Aiko 3 Genesis shape to the head is enough to soften up mix of Basic Female head + V4 + V5 combination, for example. (I prefer Aiko 3 over Aiko 4, because Aiko 4 creeps me out.) I liberally borrow from a vast variety of figures -- and I ignore gender as one of those things that happen to other people -- if I want to create a bishounen look for my character, you bet that there's going to be some female features pilfered from the female side of the divide and a butch half-orc warrior woman is definitely going to find some M5, maybe some Freak too, from her genetics.

We probably need to start a "Genesis Genepool Blender Society"...

Even if I am probably not one to buy Sadie (still on the fence about Hitomi), I totally welcome more ingredients to the Genesis genepool.

I don't really find A4 creepy, but Noddy sure does that to me. That's why I bought it; it's kind of a disturbing version of Koko The Clown. I haven't used it yet in a render, but I have some ideas for it. And I have to agree, the more dna in my Genesis genepool, the better.

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    Skiriki said:
    :o I suddenly realized that I saw that movie when it came out. Gah. Feeling OLLLLLLLLD now. And the song gives me shivers, oh yes it does.

You're feeling old? I saw the movie when it came out, and I can't for the life of me remember the song. I need to pick up the dvd & watch it again now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4qc8C6CXZc

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    I don't really find A4 creepy, but Noddy sure does that to me. That's why I bought it; it's kind of a disturbing version of Koko The Clown. I haven't used it yet in a render, but I have some ideas for it. And I have to agree, the more dna in my Genesis genepool, the better.

I can't even look at Noddy's page. My coulorophobia kicks in. It is damn well crafted, but... *scoots under the bed* I'm not coming out until I'm sure it is not here. (Thus proving how well-crafted it is. Brrrrrr.)

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    riftwitch said:
    Skiriki said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4qc8C6CXZc

Thanks, now I remember it. I seem to remember my mother singing the song when I was little. Now I'm remembering just how old I am...

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    riftwitch said:

I can't even look at Noddy's page. My coulorophobia kicks in. It is damn well crafted, but... *scoots under the bed* I'm not coming out until I'm sure it is not here. (Thus proving how well-crafted it is. Brrrrrr.)

I'm not that bad, but there is something I do find creepy about clowns. I think that may be why the Joker has always been such an effective villain (not that being a psychopathic killer hasn't helped...). Our roommate has an ex-boyfriend who she insists was so scared of clowns that he would jump out of a window to get away. If I had known that, and how abusive he was, back when they were together, I would have rented a clown costume; they had a third-story apartment.

But as far as Noddy goes, yeah, he's creepy, but not so bad that I can't do something with him. I may have to see if I can realize the picture in my head tomorrow night.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...it's not that I don't like Genesis, I just do not think it is necessary for a character like Sadie who has her own character identity and works perfectly fine in her original form.

She's a toon child character, why would there be need to mix her with say, an adult Vicky or even the Jasmin character (which is one of the main "selling points' for Genesis)?

It would be like trying to make a "realistic" Mavka or Gosha which defeats the whole purpose of the original character concept.

Well, one could mix Sadie's features with Jasmin, Asobi, Hitomi, and Aven to get a whole new character. Maybe add Sadie's cute little head to Hitomi's body, or Jasmin's head onto Sadie's body.

I think it would be intersting to see a Teen-Age Mutant Sadie Turtle Girl. With Genesis, the options are infinite. Sadie has lots of features that could be very useful in "sculpting" other characters. Already, we've see situations where toon characters' features added to "realistic" figures adds softness or otherwise missing shaping to the figure.

There are lots of reasons that a Sadie shape would be useful.

Kendall

I want genesis Sadie. I've chibi girl, chibi boy, Nata, Jasmin, Jason, Hiro3, Aiko3, and a new little friend is welcome. Smay's Makva for genesis, Too!!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited September 2012

...[post removed]

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your interest in a Sadie figure for Genesis.

I popped in to tell you that we are busy creating a Sadie figure for Genesis at the moment and to share an early work-in-progress render. This render is using Jazlyn's texture and Jasmin's top, but it will give you an idea of how close the figure will be to the original Sadie.

cheers,
    Steve

WIPSadieGenesis01.jpg
    500 x 650 - 92K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Ooooo, cute as a button!

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,429
    edited December 1969

Looks good. Will she come with an Autofit clone?

edited December 1969

She is a genesis figure, so she will wear any genesis clothing.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

But will she have an autofit clone so she can wear Sadie's old clothes?

edited August 2012

[edit]

We have been able to create an autofit feature for this figure, so it's pretty easy to convert her older clothing to work on her or any other Genesis figure.

S

Post edited by 3D Universe on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...it's not that I don't like Genesis, I just do not think it is necessary for a character like Sadie who has her own character identity and works perfectly fine in her original form.

She's a toon child character, why would there be need to mix her with say, an adult Vicky or even the Jasmin character (which is one of the main "selling points' for Genesis)?

It would be like trying to make a "realistic" Mavka or Gosha which defeats the whole purpose of the original character concept.

Actually I believe smay is planning to do aMavka shape for genesis. I for one cant wait...I would also love to get a Sadie shape.

edited December 1969

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your interest in a Sadie figure for Genesis.

I popped in to tell you that we are busy creating a Sadie figure for Genesis at the moment and to share an early work-in-progress render. This render is using Jazlyn's texture and Jasmin's top, but it will give you an idea of how close the figure will be to the original Sadie.

cheers,
    Steve

She is beautiful...
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Excellent!

What the Genesis (Gn) detractors don't seem to get is that one of the main problems with "distinct" characters is that there are no clothes except for those made for the character. This is why the "new Poser" characters are as doomed as those that came before. When a character is made into a Gn shape, they automatically get ALL of the clothing available to Gn -- which now includes most of the G3 collection as well as G4 and Gn. Now GnSadie can wear anything from Victoria's closet, not just the small subset originally created for Sadie. The same for the new GnMavka, and any Gn shape.

I am really looking forward to the GnSadie (and hopefully GnSam to follow) with the newly available wardrobe.

Kendall

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

The promo picture looks very good. I don´t have Sadie, as I started 3D this year and I am just building my content database. Sadie is on my wishlist and if she will be released for Genesis, I am going to buy her.

edited December 1969

Here's an update to the Sadie for Genesis project.

We've been able to create an autofit convertor for Sadie's existing clothing. This means that you will be able to use any Sadie clothing items on Sadie for Genesis (or any other Genesis figure for that matter).

Here's Sadie for Genesis with her original hair and swimsuit...

WIPSadieGenesis02.jpg
    500 x 650 - 62K
    edited December 1969

And just because I'm in a silly mood - here's our Genesis Troll wearing another of Sadie's outfits...

WIPSadieGenesis02a.jpg
    500 x 650 - 69K
    edited December 1969

These are both so cute! Better start saving my money...

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Personally I'm happy to see that 3DU make a Genesis Version of Sadie (I wish Lady Littlefox would do the same with Cookie and Redspark with Chip). The reason why I would like to see my favourite Characters and some more (I've requested a Plushy Bear here somewhere in the forum) is the versability of the Genesis Character and the clothes for Genesis.

When have you seen the last time NEW clothes for Sadie in the official stores? With a little luck you've found somethin' new in the Freebie section. But as a Toon Fan I like to dress my toon-characters like the ones from Disney as Princesses or whatever. And that is what I can do with Genesis and the Genesis Clothes. in the past it was a little tricky to convert the Morphing Fantasy Dress for example to Sadie, because Sadie's Mesh wasn't compatible with V4. Now I load Genesis, dressed her with the MFD for Genesis and dial her to Jasmine or Sadie or Amy or maybe to a mix of them all.

I think, that users should more play with Genesis and the different shapes to find out, how versatible this character is. With a few dials you can Genesis in nearly everything you want. And with tools like , Autofit, Generation X etc. the possiblities are endless.

I love to play with Genesis. Here#s a character that I've made in a few minutes. 100% Basic Child, 100% Jasmine (Breast is dialed back to 0) and 25% Chilbi. Just a test, nothing special ... but cute.

child.jpg
    450 x 600 - 104K
    edited December 1969

[edit]

We have been able to create an autofit feature for this figure, so it's pretty easy to convert her older clothing to work on her or any other Genesis figure.

S

Cool. I thought only Daz created this feature. So you're telling me that a vendor can create an autofit plugin as well to support their character? If so That is awesome.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

That is spectacularly awesome. It also opens up possibilities for a tiny cottage industry of producing autofit plugins from all kinds of stand-alone figures.

There are a *lot* of them out there. Particularly in the anime camp. Or the Nursoda figures. Or, hell, for that matter, porting wardrobes (such as they were) from the Gen3 kid figures, or even gen2.

• tmdoray_8f0ea9a219tmdoray_8f0ea9a219 Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

We've been able to create an autofit convertor for Sadie's existing clothing. This means that you will be able to use any Sadie clothing items on Sadie for Genesis (or any other Genesis figure for that matter).

Hi Steve -
    this is awesome news and I'm looking forward to the release!

But first a question about the WIP's mouth area - in both your posts so far she doesn't look like she has that Sadie Smile - she looks like she did something bad and is afraid she's about to get in trouble.
    Was that intentional? Or is that still an area under development?

Cheers -

edited December 1969

Vrex said:

Hi Steve -
    this is awesome news and I'm looking forward to the release!

But first a question about the WIP's mouth area - in both your posts so far she doesn't look like she has that Sadie Smile - she looks like she did something bad and is afraid she's about to get in trouble.
    Was that intentional? Or is that still an area under development?

Cheers -

When morphing the Genesis face as much as this, the default morphs need to be recreated to work on the new shape. At this stage, none of the morphs have been redone, so her expressions don't really work yet.

S

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

Everything in this thread looks so awesome.... I can't wait! :)

edited December 1969

This is fantastic news and I can't wait for a toon child shape.