AOBB's Luminous v4 for G8.1F (aka Audrey Hepburn). No materials nor textures included.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Once upon a time, long ago I told you I might return to this very special lady's head morph. The morph is different enough that it warrants a separate thread and not be simply included with the three previous morphs in the old thread. I hope you will like this new and improved (at least imo) version of Luminous! smiley

Please remember - noncommercial use only!

Assets used in the promo images:

Bunny Dreams Outfit (turtleneck) G8F

Adia Hair G8F

Elegant Bun G8f (just the bangs)

Beautiful Brows 2 (Brow7,Brow10, Brow20)

Lashes Utilities G2,3,8

Natural Eyes G8.1F

Irina HD (skin material and textures)

BOSS Pro Light Set

If you still feel like making some new Audrey renders with Luminous v4, then of course please post them in this thread! It is always great fun to see your artwork.heart

I am not switching to G9 yet, because there still isn't enough face morphs to do a good job on a likeness, so for now G8.1 it is - just in case you were wondering.

Enjoy!

AOBB

Comments

• Man is this good...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I'd like to thank you too, although because I'm diving into learning Blender, for the umpteenth interupted time, and now Marvelous Designer, for the 1st time in spite of buying it perpetual just before they went subscribtion only; don't know when I'll have to time to make a scene in DAZ Studio with her for a quite a while as those other activities are going to be very time and labour intensive.

Thank again though!

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Thank both of you for taking the time to say nice things about my work. It makes me happy to hear that someone appreciates it.

@nonesuch00 - no worrries, although I will miss your tongue-in-the-cheek renderings! wink Good luck with learning blender and Marvelous Designer! I wonder what kind of attire you will be making. That is very interesting!smiley

Now that I look at  Luminous, I think her nose size could be dialed down to around 85 percent or so. LOL!

edited November 2022

AOBB said:

Thank both of you for taking the time to say nice things about my work. It makes me happy to hear that someone appreciates it.

@nonesuch00 - no worrries, although I will miss your tongue-in-the-cheek renderings! wink Good luck with learning blender and Marvelous Designer! I wonder what kind of attire you will be making. That is very interesting!smiley

Well, your head morphs are so good I'll be downloading & installing them even if not rendering them right away.

Well if I get anywhere in learning those I have definate ideals as to what I what to accomplish in Marvelous Designer. I will share them here 1st in the Freebies thread for testing. I wouldn't expect me to have anything to share before Christmas 2022 though.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Thank you for the compliment! I will be looking forward to your creations! yes

My own Luminous render - with some gentle sense of humor...

Audrey H feeds the cat smaller.png
    624 x 800 - 779K

AOBB said:

My own Luminous render - with some gentle sense of humor..

Cute.

Champagne cat with the best milk money can buy and it is still looking at Audrey snootily at the meager offerings it got from her. Like a true cat. laugh

edited November 2022

dup

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

@nonesuch00 - yep, animals are like black holes when it comes to food. LOL.

• I love that image AOBB. Just so cat.

However, I have a suspicion mine would have stayed on the sofa, stretched out a paw and then objected because it's beyond their reach...

I thought your previous 'Luminous' morph was good. This is even better. Love it.

egards,

Richard

Thank you, Richard.!You are so funny when you write about your cat. LOL

I'm glad you think this head morph is an improvement!

smiley

AOBB

• BronzeDragonBronzeDragon Posts: 381
    edited November 2022

I must say, I like your characters very much. But, have a problem. I load your preset of the character  into a blank scene and it loads, but it never looks just like the images that you post and include with the downlload. I've checked every single setting I can find and every single thing is set to zero except your morph and it is set at 100%. It doesn't look right, sort of to squat, if you know what I mean. I've attached a render of what I have, just so you can see. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. As an after thought, I should mention that this happens to all of them, male or female.

glam 2.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by BronzeDragon on

I really don't know what to say to that, @BronzeDragon.  The images I post as promos and include in the zip files aren't retouched at all. They go online straight from the DAZ Studio renderer. I try to give the "Hollywood" characters the hair, makeup and clothing that seems true to them - like the Audrey hairstyle that I cobbled up from two hair sets to get that slick hairdo with bangs. That, a good skin texture and the BOSS Pro Light Set does the magic, I guess. I don't fiddle with the morph settings either. All characters are set to 100% and I don't tweak them any further.

I do correct my characters in the renders that go to my gallery using photoshop and DAZ morphs though, because they aren't there to promote the freebie really. They are just my artwork. I will write often in the gallery description what head morph was used and where to find it but the promo images that I post with the freebie are 100% retouch- and any manipulation-free.

BTW, your render of Luminous v4 is outstanding and I don't see any problems with it.

I don't have any bright ideas as to how to help you. I don't consider my head morphs perfect and I don't hide their flaws. I think I just have a knack for making them look good without cheating.

• AOBB,

Thanks for the comment on the render. It's just that to me I can't see Audrey in my render at all. I know that you don't do anything to the promo pictures. That's just it, they are great. That's why I wondered what it is that I do wrong. I'll post a face on render as soon as I can so you'll see what I mean. Thanks again for the comment.

edited November 2022

I'm sorry you aren't getting the results you envisioned @BronzeDragon. I will definitely try to go with you through your image and see how to make Luminous look like Audrey. One thing for sure that are her defining characteristic are the wing-like, thick, slanted brows that were painted on her face. Second - the half fake lashes that extended the outer corner of her eye and made them seem more almond. I thought you might be interested in seeing Audrey au naturel,so I am including this photo of her when she was young:

Young Audrey.jpg
    405 x 600 - 27K
    Post edited by AOBB on

I might add that in your image Luminous looks to me like Audrey quite a lot. ..smiley Seriously!

@BronzeDragon - Here is a screenshot of DS with Luminous v4 dialed into G8.1F and textures, lashes and appropraite eyebrows applied. You will see in the parameters tab that I have only dialed down her nose a bit. Now, that I look at her more, I think her eyes should be closer to round with high outer corners, not as almond as I made them.

There is no lighting except for the default lighting and environment map at their regular settings.

I gave ther different brows than in the promos and thicker lashes apart from downsizing her nose, so she is looking somewhat different but this is approximately what you should get for starters....

Audrey Front Screenshot.png
    2000 x 1125 - 1M

Okay, so I had some more fun with Luminous - I added the eyeliner (Riversoft Art Materials Wizard), which is a must for Audrey, I used a product for G8.1F named Everyday Lashes to get that extra thickness and length in the upper, outer corner lashes (morph "Upper 2" in the Parameters tab) and I worked on the shape of her brows - I made them wider and lifted their outer ends. I still wasn't happy with Luminous' nose, so I narrowed its ridge and tip and made it somewhat longer to compensate for making it smaller before. To give her that cute, Pixie look I went with the Belle Blue hair that I shaped using its preset and built-in morphs. Here is the effect:

Audrey Screenshot 02.png
    2000 x 1125 - 1M

This is Luminous in full glory in the final render:

Audrey completed.png
    600 x 1098 - 789K
  • Needless to say, I don't have all the fancy things for 8.1, in fact I don't have many for 8 either. So things like brows, lashes, and nose adjustment just aren't available to me. Really, I'm glad that I didn't do much with 8.1 cause just a few months later out come 9 and I'd have to start all over again. I think I just wait and use 8 until lots of freebies come out for the new one. Anyway, those sort of things aren't what I was concerned with. It was just the basic import. Mine still look to fat, not long enough compared to yours. I've attached a render of the front view of my import (with the best brows and lashes I have). As you can see it looks to fat. What am I doing wrong? Anyway no matter what I think of my import, I do like the you stuff, very much so. they are just about the only thing I use 8.1 for., so thanks a bunch for all your work and generosity.

front test.jpg
    800 x 800 - 230K

Thank you for your kind words, BronzeDragon. For the final render I gave Luminous a long, slender neck, because Audrey had that swan kind of neck and I think this makes a great difference. Also, if you use a shorter focal length, the face won't look so wide (I think at least). A long focal length gives you a more orthographic view, while a short focal length gives more of a perspective view (I hope I'm getting this right...) Definitely try playing with the camera's focal length and zoom and see what difference that makes. Other than that I cannot think of anything else that might make a big difference. All in all I don't think your Audrey looks bad at all. smiley

In the left image the focal length is 50mm and in the right it is 125mm. 50mm gives more distortion but also takes care of the certain flatness of the face that is present at 125mm. Yes, I think camera settings are the answer to your problem. Hope this helps.

Audrey 50mm focal length.png
    502 x 750 - 472K
    Audrey 125 focal length.png
    502 x 750 - 465K
  • Lovely work on this new version of Audrey AOBB! heart I think I like both this and the previous versions. Enjoying all the renders here too from both of you, AOBB and BronzeDragon.

Thank you, SapphireBlue! heart It was fun returning to Luminous and reimagining her. I'm glad you like my renders. BronzeDragon has a problem with his but I think they look A-okay too! smiley

• AOBB,

Still trying. Can't seem to stretch her neck though. Here's a different version of the first one I posted. Different hair color, lip color, eyes, and clothes. Add some jewelry, change earring color, and change the pose a bit. Don't know if you'll like it, but you do make pretty morphs.

temp copy.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    edited November 2022

Oh, thank you, BronzeDragon! Both for your praise and the beautiful render you just made! yesheart It is gorgeous and I like it even more than its first version which was a bit too dark for the luminous Audrey. You are very talented! smiley

I have a morph named "Neck Length" - I think it was among the "200 Plus" set of head morphs and I used it to elongate Audrey's neck. Those morphs round out nicely the base set of morphs. I have plenty of morph packages, because they are very useful to me of course. If you don't plan on going deep into shaping head or body morphs then I would still encourage you to get the 200 Plus morph kits. They aren't an answer to every need but they are indeed very useful...

You did some beautiful work and it made me very happy. Thank you again! smiley

Edit: I have double-checked the "Neck Length" morph - it is in the basic morph package (red sliders) under Actor/Head/Neck. Still, having those 200 Plus morphs won't hurt. wink

Cheers,

AOBB

Post edited by AOBB on
  • Very nice. Thank you. One of my all time favorite actresses. Classy lady

Silver Dolphin - Thank you! Yes, Audrey Hepburn was a very special lady. smiley

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 916

You may be able to adjust the y-scale on the neck segments of G8 to achieve a similar effect as the Neck Length morph AOBB was refering to.