CARRARA CHALLENGE #64: Old egypt..... WIP

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524
    edited November 2022

Thanks for the continued feedback EP & Stezza !!!

Converted my scene from a daylight to twilight scene to allow for the darkened temple. Added another couple of braziers with Carrara fire and some lightbulbs. Adjusted the lighting including adding another spotie on the Gods.

WIP

Render after using Topaz and some brightness correction.

CC64 Pleading with the Gods WIP 6c.png
    2289 x 1032 - 1M
    CC64 Pleading with the Gods 2c Tpz.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • KhoeKhoe Posts: 284

Diomede said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

sometimes it's a specific texture, often a tiff or bmp file

Thanks.  Have been testing removing each scene element and then clearing unused objects and shaders.  Nothing seems to be the cause.  Argh.

i  had that problem quite often too. mostly it was a light setting that contradicted itself. Try removing all the additional lights, only the distance light, and then setting them up again. mostly helped. or in Renderseting Skylight setting is a Problem.

• Khoe said:

A few more wip pics only the link to older Wip
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/e9/2c2b32e4a73f06b816aeacbce70d23.png
    then finished renderin and with postwork

Great scene!  Good lighting and mood.

Your posted image was 1200 pixels wide.  You need to reduce them to 800 pixels wide (forum rules).

• Khoe and Bunyip, thanks for the comments on Young Cleopatra!

• Bunyip02 said:

Converted my scene from a daylight to twilight scene to allow for the darkened temple. Added another couple of braziers with Carrara fire and some lightbulbs. Adjusted the lighting including adding another spotie on the Gods.

WIP

That is quite and improvement!

evilproducer said:

Bunyip02 said:

WIP

That is quite and improvement!

Thanks EP !!!

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 284

UnifiedBrain said:

Khoe said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/e9/2c2b32e4a73f06b816aeacbce70d23.png

Your posted image was 1200 pixels wide.  You need to reduce them to 800 pixels wide (forum rules).

800 pix that's the size of a postage stamp, so a plethora of details get lost, but if those are the rules, you can't do anything. The picture was already reduced by a mod. If the original has to be reduced in size? in the small version, the picture loses a lot of its effect.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited November 2022

Attaching a file is the first step.  Attached images are not limited to 800 width.  The second step is using the landscape tool to insert the attached file in the body of a post. In this second step, set the width of the attched image to a maximum of 800.  When we click on the imbedded image, it will open to maximum width. 

So, an image can be more than 800 wide and still be attached and viewed, but is limited to 800 wide when the landscape tool is used to imbed the attached image in the post.

Great image, Khoe.  Amazing details.  Wonderful choice of colors.  The background and sunlight rays give a great sense of depth.

landscape tool width.jpg
    1197 x 800 - 116K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Bunyip - agree with others, the revised Egyptian gods scene looks great. 

UnifiedBrain - vibrant and energetic color choices for young Cleopatra image.  Terrific job on the expressions.  

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited November 2022

Khoe said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Khoe said:

800 pix that's the size of a postage stamp, so a plethora of details get lost, but if those are the rules, you can't do anything.

As Diomede said, you are not reducing the size of your original image.  You are reducing the size of the displayed image in the forum.  No details are lost.

The picture was already reduced by a mod.

No, I reduced the size of your image in my post to 800 pixels.  To see the full image, all you need to do is click on the image.

I can resize it to 800 pixels when I repost your image, but I can't do that in your posts. :)

The image in your original post is still displayed at 1200 pixels wide.  It is a simple matter to go back to your post and change it to 800.  On your posted image, right click>Image properites.  At the top, there are two tabs.  The left tab is "Image Info" and will be automatically selected.  Change the width to 800.  The other top tab is called "Link."  In that tab, paste in the link to your original file.  By doing that, anyone viewing the forum who clicks on your image will see the full sized image.

Hope that was clear.  If not please let me know.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
    edited November 2022

Well, I started over on the scene that would not render.  At some point it takes longer to find the problem.  Here, I've taken a bunch of props from the 'Treasures of Egypt' collection for the set, and replicated a couple rows of sarcophagus.  I made the floor from a grid of replicated cubes with slight rotation.  The blue haze is some Carrara native fog.  The male mummy is Genesis 1 with the Carrara native skin Philip texture.  The female mummy is Genesis 2 Female with the Monique 6 character.  The male mummy wrap is V4 bandage set by EvilInnocence.  The female mummy wrap is the V4 MummyDearest.  Everything sold at Daz.  Some post for hue and vibrance.

Scene setup and raw render also attached.

'Welcome to the neighborhood.  I brewed you some embalming fluid.'

Mummy Composite 1.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 194K
    mummy scene setup.jpg
    1894 x 996 - 299K
    Mummy Neighbors 01.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M

REIVAX said:

hello all

just test Egyptian  Hall London

Looking forward to more progress on this.

ed3D said:

And Then  _  a few  W.I.P.s

_  the  Lady one is Bryce 7 Pro

Bryce generated and textured terrains can be brought to Carrara.  In addition to a Cripeman video tutorial, the great RoyGee had a thread with lots of interesting possibilities.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/48640/bryce-terrains-in-carrara/p2

UnifiedBrain said:

2022 BC

Most of the focus on this render was on textures and lighting, so the only props are the pyramid and a couple of items from the Shades of Atlantis: Anunnaki outfit by Luthbel.  The right arm of M3 makes a cameo appearance.  Dart's Starry Sky freebie texture on a transparent globe provides some background glitter.

Luthbel is such a great artist.  The outfit was for M4, but even back then Luthbel's products had normal maps.

I modeled the pyramid in Carrara.  My knowledge there is limited, so I used the painfully slow method of extruding the center square of a flattened cube up to the apex of the pyramid,  then extruded the squares around that center square to form the next layer, then the squares around those squares, etc.  Pretty tedious, but it actually worked.

GMIC continues to be my go-to plugin.  Philemo hasn't been around lately, but his gift keeps giving.

No postwork.  I did use PSE to modify one texture map beforehand.

I think I missed this one, UB.  Wow.  Love the close up.  Great composition.

Grimmvald said:

So made some mods to make "Portal malfunction - wrong Egyptian parallel reality".  Sucks to be separated from the group.  I'll only have time for this one WIP so it has the basic elements.

standard Tower Ruins from my WoW days

S4 but she needs color coordinated dimension jumper outfit

portal that is postworked in with one of Rons Stargate portal brushes

we have plenty of desert terrains but it will be blurred anyway and there's probably a pyramid or sphynx prop if needed.

And I hope I have time for props like "Portal operations and error messages for Dummies" book.

Excellent start.  Hope you get time for the additional props.  Retro-future-bronze age space age mashup is the best.

And now I will decide what I want to do with the Genesis 8 Zombie cloned to Genesis 9 and brought in Carrara.  Thinking about how I want to approach the textures.  Don't think I can use Genesis 8's textures on Genesis 9.

• you could project them in Zbrush, or maybe 3D coat but a Carrara procedural would be a great idea too

rotting 

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

Diomede said:

ed3D said:

And Then  _  a few  W.I.P.s

_  the  Lady one is Bryce 7 Pro

Bryce generated and textured terrains can be brought to Carrara.  In addition to a Cripeman video tutorial, the great RoyGee had a thread with lots of interesting possibilities.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/48640/bryce-terrains-in-carrara/p2

~.  alrite then ,  Thanx  _   will read this   _    And Did Not save Scene  ,  just Render    //

• Finally got back to the Stargate project.  Since I had to create the character, I thought I might as well do a display like you might see in a Stargate portal museum or memorial.  So this my WIP.  Basic elements are there but character needs to be posed and a lot of clean up is needed.

V4 with the bodysuit armor

The placard and ankh symbols are just blocks that I embedded in the wall - can't remember how to do the stamp.

Carrara Projects_00.jpg
    1870 x 1920 - 633K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921
    edited November 2022

wow what a bunch of special renders, anways late to the party, a brief visit home, first render in a few months, apologies for not commenting on any work

boatcliffstars.jpg
    2000 x 2642 - 3M
    Post edited by Headwax on

@Headwax, great to see you posting again.  Hope all is as well as can be.  Blessings to you and yours.  

Beautiful scene, especially the way the reflection and the starry sky interact.  

• Diomede said:

@Headwax, great to see you posting again.  Hope all is as well as can be.  Blessings to you and yours.  

Beautiful scene, especially the way the reflection and the starry sky interact.  

+1

Great to see you back!

• Diomede, thanks for the comment on the pyramid render.  Much appreciated.

Diomede said:

Well, I started over on the scene that would not render.  At some point it takes longer to find the problem.  Here, I've taken a bunch of props from the 'Treasures of Egypt' collection for the set, and replicated a couple rows of sarcophagus.  I made the floor from a grid of replicated cubes with slight rotation.  The blue haze is some Carrara native fog.  The male mummy is Genesis 1 with the Carrara native skin Philip texture.  The female mummy is Genesis 2 Female with the Monique 6 character.  The male mummy wrap is V4 bandage set by EvilInnocence.  The female mummy wrap is the V4 MummyDearest.  Everything sold at Daz.  Some post for hue and vibrance.

Great mood and lighting!  

Diomede said:

Excellent !!!

Diomede said:

And now I will decide what I want to do with the Genesis 8 Zombie cloned to Genesis 9 and brought in Carrara.  Thinking about how I want to approach the textures.  Don't think I can use Genesis 8's textures on Genesis 9.

Hope you get this one sorted Diomede !!!

Grimmvald said:

Finally got back to the Stargate project.  Since I had to create the character, I thought I might as well do a display like you might see in a Stargate portal museum or memorial.  So this my WIP.  Basic elements are there but character needs to be posed and a lot of clean up is needed.

V4 with the bodysuit armor

The placard and ankh symbols are just blocks that I embedded in the wall - can't remember how to do the stamp.

Looking forward to the finished result !!!

Headwax said:

wow what a bunch of special renders, anways late to the party, a brief visit home, first render in a few months, apologies for not commenting on any work

Very nice, love the reflection !!!

Hope that things are okay with you and your family, best wishes continuing to be sent !!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949
    edited November 2022

And ,  a  couple  of   W.I.P.'s  _  

same Scene  ,  just Differnt Camra Views  -  Thanx

Screenshot (103)B.png
    1920 x 1027 - 758K
    Screenshot (104)A.png
    1920 x 1033 - 585K
    Post edited by ed3D on

Thanks for the comments, UB, Stezza, and Bunyip.

Looking good, ed3D.  Did you decide to import the Bryce pyramids?  Or are those Carrara objects?

edited November 2022

Argh, and more argh.  I am just having all sorts of trouble this time around.  Another scene, another crash.  In this, I had 2 Genesis 9 figures, one set to my G8 Male Mummy morph and one set to Victoria 9.  I had one Carrara hair for V9 which I liked and did not save (argh, that was very stupid of me).  I had maybe 4 or 5 props with some tiled shaders of Egypt-themed texture maps.  I had one vertex object to be V9's clothing/wrapping.  Lighting was set up.  All was well and I was getting close to doing test renders.  I decided to try to add some detail to a prop by adding Carrara hair - and crash-o freeze-o.  

Argh, argh, argh.

another scene destroyed.jpg
    1853 x 1024 - 214K