Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Kharma said:

Nice to see you posting art again! Looks fantastic!

After uninstalling every item I own ( over 8200, plus free and other stores) I have been trying to follow your Category set up as I slowly reinstall, what a job!  I can see why you were so frustrated

when you lost it all and had to redo it, I am sure it will take me until summer to organize it all!

Thank you.  I left again for awhile lol.  Hoping to be back more regularly now.  I would love to know how your organization efforts went.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

So a ton of stuff has happened  Hoping that things are finally settling down a little bit.  I can feel the tug to make art again getting stronger.  Quick update for those of you who love me lol.  I met a great guy, we bought a house together in July (we've been dating since shortly after I left the house, although things didn't get super serious til after my divorce was final.  My son and daughter in law had a gorgeous baby boy in September.  We adopted 2 Beagle puppies in September as well  And we have six chickens lol  And while our house still has more work to do on it (a complete bathroom remodel is in our very near future) I feel like I can start to do some things for me without feeling guilty for not pouring all my efforts into the house.  I do hope to be more active again.  I may never get caught up on everything but will do my best to hit the high points.

edited November 2021

Puppies!

20210921_163616.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I am so happy to see you posting once again Sona!!!!laugh

Alot has happened in my r/l as well but I will not bore you with the long azz story!!wink

I do hope to see you posting a lot more now that things are looking better for you!!

Saphirewild said:

I am so happy to see you posting once again Sona!!!!laugh

Alot has happened in my r/l as well but I will not bore you with the long azz story!!wink

I do hope to see you posting a lot more now that things are looking better for you!!

Thank you!  You are more than welcome to fill me in!  I am hoping to be posting a bit more as well. 

Well as you know I have my 3 grandchildren and 2 of them are now in school and next year the 3rd one will be in school. Can you belive they have been with me now 4 yrs? Ever since the 3rd one was 2 months old.  Since last year they have been mostly learning from home due to the covid-19. It has not been easy for them at all because they all have disabilities. Their mom has been all but non existant in their lives the past 4 yrs and that makes it even harder for them and me because they do not understand why mommy stays away so long.

Saphirewild said:

Well as you know I have my 3 grandchildren and 2 of them are now in school and next year the 3rd one will be in school. Can you belive they have been with me now 4 yrs? Ever since the 3rd one was 2 months old.  Since last year they have been mostly learning from home due to the covid-19. It has not been easy for them at all because they all have disabilities. Their mom has been all but non existant in their lives the past 4 yrs and that makes it even harder for them and me because they do not understand why mommy stays away so long.

I'm so sorry. But, I suspect that you are probably the best thing that could have happened to them  I know it must be very hard but I sincerely admire you for the time and effort you put into those kids.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,771

Welcome ba-

IceDragonArt said:

PUPPIES!!!!!!!

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

It's so good to see you back, Sonja! And I'm so happy to hear that you're in such a much better situation than you were. heart Congratulations on the grandchild, your new love and all the pets!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Great to see you posting again!  Happy for you for grandchild, guy, house, puppies...  Yay!  On my end, I had a content database screwup and so am re-installing everything.  Am taking the opportunity to do some organization as per some of your suggestions.  You have had your impact even while away!  

Hylas said:

Welcome ba-

IceDragonArt said:

PUPPIES!!!!!!!

Right?  LOL!  They only look like angels.  They are really just little hellions

WinterMoon said:

It's so good to see you back, Sonja! And I'm so happy to hear that you're in such a much better situation than you were. heart Congratulations on the grandchild, your new love and all the pets!

Thank you!  Sometimes, I look around and just smile. I really am in a much better place and much happier than I have been in a long timie

Diomede said:

Great to see you posting again!  Happy for you for grandchild, guy, house, puppies...  Yay!  On my end, I had a content database screwup and so am re-installing everything.  Am taking the opportunity to do some organization as per some of your suggestions.  You have had your impact even while away!  

Thank you!  I'm sorry you had to start over i totally know how that feels!  If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask. Its good to know that its helpful!

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

Welcome back :) Love the puppies!  Glad to see you back.

I spent almost a year away from my 3D rendering, mainly due to loosing my mojo, but now I'm dipping my toes into playing with Daz again. I followed you avidly when you were posting before and will do so again :)

Mollytabby said:

Welcome back :) Love the puppies!  Glad to see you back.

I spent almost a year away from my 3D rendering, mainly due to loosing my mojo, but now I'm dipping my toes into playing with Daz again. I followed you avidly when you were posting before and will do so again :)

Welcome back to both us of then lol.  I am honored that you think so highly of my stuff!

• Nice to see you back! I noticed you hadn't been around in a while. i wondered what happened. But I'm glad to hear you are in a much better place now!

KevinH said:

Nice to see you back! I noticed you hadn't been around in a while. i wondered what happened. But I'm glad to hear you are in a much better place now!

thank you!  I missed everyone but I needed the time to get my life back together.  Definitely in a much better place now!

edited November 2021

Part of my world building project, that has been on hold for far too long.

ARIESTANA PANTASAYA QUEEN OF ABOVE.jpg
    1100 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

You sure have not missed a step at all!!

Stunning render as always Sonja!!

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

Gorgeous render, the colours are stunning.

Thank you both! it felt really good to create something again.  Good to know I remembered how everything works!

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

IceDragonArt said:

It looks amazing! laugh 

WinterMoon said:

IceDragonArt said:

It looks amazing! laugh 

Thank you! I;ve got to start taking better notes, I just did this last week and can't for the life of me remember which model this is.   Haveto dig out the notebook I started eons ago.  I've moved 4 times in 2 years, finally settled and still trying to find everything lol

You will get things sorted real soon I imagine wink

I see its been almost exactly a year since I have been here. Wow, time flies.  I'm hoping to get back into rendering slowly.  I've updated to the most current beta. 

Does anyone know what happened to the animated timeline for dforce simulations?  I can't find it and I feel a bit stupid lol.

I found it. Ugh I knew I should have just kept up lol. Going to have to learn all over again. Haven't been able to use dforce it just keeps crashing. Going to have to look over the directions again.
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Great to see you posting again.  Glad you found the timeline.  RE: DForce - there are several threads devoted to it.  Here is one.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/211516/dforce-dweight-and-dwardrobe-chronicles-of/p1

Hope this means you will have more opportunities to enjoy your art, and share some.  There was a recent KnittingMommy sighting as well. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/76659/knittingmommy-s-laboratory/p1

Y'all have been missed.  

So happy to see you again @IceDragonArt!

Can not wait to see your creations again as well!!

Diomede said:

Great to see you posting again.  Glad you found the timeline.  RE: DForce - there are several threads devoted to it.  Here is one.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/211516/dforce-dweight-and-dwardrobe-chronicles-of/p1

Hope this means you will have more opportunities to enjoy your art, and share some.  There was a recent KnittingMommy sighting as well. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/76659/knittingmommy-s-laboratory/p1

Y'all have been missed.  

Thank you!  I did get it figured out.  Took a couple hours of unistalling, re installing and then rolling back drivers but it works like a charm now.  I've missed all of you as well!  I'm hoping to start making art more regularly, my soul misses it!  

Saphirewild said:

So happy to see you again @IceDragonArt!

Can not wait to see your creations again as well!!

Thank you!  And congrats on the new grandbaby!