RRRR Not on the screen *Winners announced*

TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
edited March 2015 in The Commons

Ladies and Gentlemen, Lads and Lasses, it's now time to vote in the RRRR Not on the screen contest. Anyone can vote, not just those who took part, and I recommend you all who haven't, to browse the entries thread, it's good clean family fun.

You can vote for any entries except for you own entries, and we vote in two categories, Best and Funniest. Best is more of a traditional render contest voting where funniest more takes the humorous look at the image. Some images have a few lines of text explaining the story behind them, which often helps the voting, specially in the funniest category.

So, what are we voting about? What are the prizes?

Winners in each category:
- One item from Dumor3D's store
- One item from Totte’s store.
- $60 DAZ Store GC

Second place in each category: $35 DAZ Store GC
Third place in each category: $15 DAZ Store GC

And the grand winner, with most total votes in both categories, all entries counted: One item from Antfarm's store.

Each win will also give the winner a sticky Lucky Bastard pull, which means the next round will be a little harder.

Entries are found here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/52006/
Voting is done here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WMFSLSF

The voting starts now, and ends Sunday, March 22 at 23:59:59 DAZ Time.

UPDATE: how votes are tallied and summed up:

Voting points: 1st = 5 points, 2nd = 4 points, 3rd = 3 Points, 4th = 2 Points and Tiebreaker = 1 Point.

If an image gets 1st, two 2nd, one 4th and two tiebreakers in a category, that is 5 + 2x4 + 2 + 2x1 = 17 Points
Every image points per category is summed up, and top three is calcutaled in each category.
If two images by the same artist hits top three, only the highest ranking one is valid, and the others are removed from the top three list, leaving the space for those close behind.

For the grand prize, all points for all images per artist are summed up.

Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited March 2015

RRRR Winners announced!

Best category:

Winner: azoohouse #02 - Life of Pi the Sequel
    2nd Place: barbult #3 - Romancing the Tulip
    3rd place: zawarkal #02 - |:| Me, Myself and The Unknowable One |:|

Funniest category:
    Winner: barbult #3 - Romancing the Tulip
    2nd Place: Totte #7 - Conan the barber - Director’s Cut
    3rd place: luci45 #8 - Real Housewives of Fairytale Land

Grand prize winner: Luci45 (who beat barbult with one single point)

Winners in each category:
    - One item from Dumor3D's store
    - One item from Totte’s store.
    - $60 DAZ Store GC

Second place in each category: $35 DAZ Store GC
    Third place in each category: $15 DAZ Store GC

And the grand winner, with most total votes in both categories, all entries counted: One item from Antfarm's store.

Lucky Bastard standings
    Dumor3D; 2 LB (left from the previous contests)
    Luci45: 3 LB (2 gained, 1 dropped off)
    Barbult: 2 LB (2 gained)
    KaribousBoutique: 1 LB (1 dropped off)
    Totte: 1 LB (1 dropped off and 1 gained)
    zawarkal: 1 LB (1 gained)
    azoohouse: 1 LB (1 gained)

Sasje & obanion lost theirs as they did participate in the contest, they had one each, down to zero.
    Dumor3D is keeping his two, they are very sticky!

Please be patient while prizes are being handled out.

Congrats to all participants and all the winners!
    It was a great RRRR as always, and now I'm planning the next one....

Post edited by Totte on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited December 1969

Well it was a tough choice (especially in the Funniest category - an awful lot of entries made my shortlist) but I've managed to vote.

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

I'm with Melanie. There was a LOT of funny this month. I swear, this gets harder every time. I'm going to have to make a special RRRR dartboard to help me choose which "best" I like "best!"

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

I have voted

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Done :-)

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

That is something new. How do you read that? Surely not just counting all entries and totalling the votes no matter their value, it would make no sense and RRRRs are very wisely conducted. How to compare ten number one votes for a single entry to twelve tiebreakers for five entries?

I must be too sleepy to comprehend that.

edited March 2015

Totte said:

That is something new. How do you read that? Surely not just counting all entries and totalling the votes no matter their value, it would make no sense and RRRRs are very wisely conducted. How to compare ten number one votes for a single entry to twelve tiebreakers for five entries?

We've done this numerous times when we get some singular prizes that cannot be split. Sum up all points every image (they way winners are calculated normally), then sum up the sums of all images per poster. nothing magic. Do you have five entries getting 8 points each totally (both categories), you get 40 points, and beat the person with one entry that won a category with 28 points and got 10 points in the another category.

Post edited by Totte on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited December 1969

I voted.

I like the RRRR rules and regulations and the voting system.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:

We've done this numerous times when we get some singular prizes that cannot be split. Sum up all points every image (they way winners are calculated normally), then sum up the sums of all images per poster. nothing magic. Do you have five entries getting 8 points each totally (both categories), you get 40 points, and beat the person with one entry that won a category with 28 points and got 10 points in the another category.

yeah I saw this on past challenges... got to start doing more than two entries if I ever want to try

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    Totte said:
    Totte said:

That is something new. How do you read that? Surely not just counting all entries and totaling the votes no matter their value, it would make no sense and RRRRs are very wisely conducted. How to compare ten number one votes for a single entry to twelve tiebreakers for five entries?

yeah I saw this on past challenges... got to start doing more than two entries if I ever want to trylol.
    me to :red:
    Time I guess to see what I've missed the past month.

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660
    edited December 1969

It's my opinion that this winner would be better described as "Most Active" instead of using the word "Grand", especially if no limit to the amount of entries were set.

edited December 1969

azoohouse said:

It's my opinion that this winner would be better described as "Most Active" instead of using the word "Grand", especially if no limit to the amount of entries were set.

It states the limit is 8 for this contest in the main contest thread first post (or whatever it is for other contests depending on the time it will run)

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    azoohouse said:

It states the limit is 8 for this contest in the main contest thread first post (or whatever it is for other contests depending on the time it will run)

That's good. Thanks for clarifying that there was indeed a limit of entries set. It makes better sense to me now. Some folks, like me, are a bit slower to understanding all of the rules and strategies of this contest. Thanks for your patience. I will catch on eventually, lol!

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

I voted - thought I better do it before I forgot again! Lots of fun entries as usual. Good job and good luck everyone!

edited December 1969

We need a more votes!

Please come and vote!

edited March 2015

Totte said:
    We need a more votes!

Please come and vote!

yes, yes, agreed. Please take five from the Iray Madness going around, and enjoy a tour of a gallery of funny renders. And if you would like, voting for the ones you like will be much appreciated.

Links to the Gallery, and the voting page are in the first post of this thread (page 1), lol.

My votes are in as well.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited March 2015

Eeek! last day to get your votes in. lol.

Yes, the RRRR gallery is still open for your viewing pleasure, and please feel welcome to cast votes on the renders you like. Full info is in the first post of this thread. lol.

Last call is before Sunday, March 22 at 23:59:59 DAZ Time.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

I don't like these long voting periods. I am a procrastinator extraordinaire and hence I waited until the very last day and almost forgot. But I voted! It was nice to look through them again.

edited December 1969

And closed, but I need those long periods. I tried one week and two weeks and it seems that the average is 5 replies / open week.

edited December 1969

We have a "dangling vote" from someone who entered the DAZ Handle artager. Can't find any user with that name. Anyone knowing they used that name?

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    We have a "dangling vote" from someone who entered the DAZ Handle artager. Can't find any user with that name. Anyone knowing they used that name?

I know someone with the username ArtRager.

• artragerartrager Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Yeah, that's me. :)

edited December 1969

OK, please use the DAZ Handle, which in your case looks to be Butch R), not ArtRager, in the future.

• artragerartrager Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I changed it years ago to artrager. Very mysterious.

edited December 1969

Butch R said:

probably at the old site, might have fallen off when they swapped to the new one.
    edited December 1969

Butch R said:

Is it possible to have a different forum name than a username? I wonder because when you post comments on my artwork (thank you) it says that you are artrager.

edited March 2015

That "Quick how to for Genesis and DS 4.5" Totte, just gave me an evil idea, lol.

Staring FW Yasmin for G1F and FW Yasmin for G1M, in,
    Falling Empire, the next excellent 300.
    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/62360/

edited December 1969

Winners are now announced!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to azoohouse, barbult, zawarkal, Totte and luci45 on your wins :-)
    And thanks again to Totte and the sponsors for another fun ride - looking forward to the next one :)

edited December 1969

congratulations to the winners!
    this was a fun challenge for me
    thank you for the votes... I also got a potw award for Me, Myself, and the Unknowable One at the dreamslayers site