Art of the Promo

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 1969

Look at this. I admit I've got a soft spot for environments, but this is spectacular. Rendered in 3DMax. Predatron's Walled temple, nothing going on storywise, but sometimes, simple grandeur is all you need.

00-main-japanese-walled-temple-daz3d.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 308K
    edited December 1969

Here's a classic glimpse of the past. A Lemonade Stand. Can't go wrong with a little bit of nostalgia. But it's the characters poses that sell this. The older sister, seems despondent in the background with the realization things aren't selling as expected, while the younger sister/sibling is still enthused and optimistic. Great bit of slice of life.

00-daz3d_lemonade-stand_.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 267K
    edited December 1969

Love the late afternoon hues on this English Country Road and the flock of birds silhouetted against the setting sun. Simple yet it shows the possibilities of this building set by new PA IndigoJanson. Looking forward to seeing more.
    http://www.daz3d.com/build-a-street-english-country-village

03-build-a-street-english-country-village-daz3d.jpg
    500 x 650 - 92K
    edited March 2015

Look at this, look at this, two characters actually interacting with one another in a promo image, perhaps in the middle of a conversation. Sure beats the usual standard posed promos that are really in need of some variety. This image for a DazO Woodland Dancers, Sarsa texture pack so maybe it starts a trend. here's hoping!

00-daz3d_woodland-dancer-outfit-textures_.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 275K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • 3WC3WC Posts: 1,094
    edited December 1969

Look at this, look at this, two characters actually interacting with one another in a promo image, perhaps in the middle of a conversation. Sure beats the usual standard posed promos that are really in need of some variety. This image for a DazO Woodland Dancers, Sarsa texture pack so maybe it starts a trend. here's hoping!

Finally a promo that may pass the Bechdel test! :)

edited December 1969

wwes said:

Finally a promo that may pass the Bechdel test! :)

I had to look up the Bechdel reference, learning something new every day.

edited December 1969

No shortage of new promos today. Iradium has released! Unbiased, photorealistic, directly inside DAZ Studio no plugins required. Can't wait to try it out. The minoan labyrinthian one is interesting, as is the the candle light one. Looks like the promos noted on the previous page by Jindi with the deers may have actually been Iray renders. check them out.

http://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta

01-daz3d_daz-studio-4.8-iradium__.jpg
    1910 x 982 - 338K
    edited December 1969

StoneMason mkes amazing content, and the latest scifi environment is no exception. I particularly like this cinematic aspect ratio wider lens overview of the scene. Makes you want to get in there and explore.

pop9_2_12.jpg
    1400 x 915 - 202K
    edited March 2015

Now there's what you can call cool, and then there's pretty well fricken' brilliant! That's the case with today's entry into the art of the promo thread. It's a remarkably simple concept perfectly executed and the promos sell this thing beautifully. Kaleidoscope by Marshian. Generating an infinite horizon on content with minimal overhead using mirrored geometry is inspired. There's plenty more promos on the store page. Check them out.

11-kaleidoscope--daz3d.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 237K
    16-kaleidoscope--daz3d.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 331K
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Now there's what you can call cool, and then there's pretty well fricken' brilliant! That's the case with today's entry into the art of the promo thread. It's a remarkably simple concept perfectly executed and the promos sell this thing beautifully. Kaleidoscope by Marshian. Generating an infinite horizon on content with minimal overhead using mirrored geometry is inspired. There's plenty more promos on the store page. Check them out.

Agreed. When I first saw this in the store yesterday I thought this was going to be some kind of actual kaleidoscope prop but something made me check it out. Boy am I glad I did. :ohh:

The promo images are absolutely amazing and as someone with a computer that is, shall we say lacking in muscle and oomph, this should be an awesome addition and just plain fun to play with.

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

I have to agree, adding the "Also Used in Promo" links is a smart and beneficial move for the store pages,

This next one was unexpected and surprising, and technically its not a standard promo image, though it was promoting a product on the main banner of the store page so it counts, I figured. I thought the ad copy suited the image quite well which has strong emotional impact. It's linking to an autofit tut for Genesis 2 female:

http://www.daz3d.com/using-auto-fit-victoria-4-to-genesis-2-female

I'm really enjoying this thread- what a great idea to highlight promo images!

I'm guessing here but it looks like Teen Josie is a real person, or at least the inspiration for this promo.
    Kinda cool, kinda freaky, very cute.

TheRealJosie.jpg
    1145 x 534 - 206K
  • MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

Thanks FirstBastion- I've been hoping to make it into this thread. I feel like a Rock Star!
    @Kismet2012- So glad you checked it out. It's one of the great surprises and features about how this product works- multiplying and bending geometry without weighing down your system.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited March 2015

marshian, that is impressive, I'm glad I looked at this thread, as I as well was thinking a shader effect or kid's toy from the preview I got in my Email.

Thanks for, and I ask that names to not be mentioned, as that alone is just eerie about TJ6, eek. Mouth wider, eyes smaller, still close. On a similar note.

Runway Fashions
    http://www.daz3d.com/runway-fashions

I'm sure I had seen an outfit top like that at an Olympics, I just cant remember if it was gymnastics or figure skating, lol. Just enough to have me asking questions and contemplating the set. Surface zones? or completely different outfit bits-n-pieces? How would the set do with a real dance pose? Absolutely a set to keep in mind at least.

04-runway-fashions-daz3d.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 158K
    02-runway-fashions-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 158K
    00-main-runway-fashions-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 167K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited March 2015

I haven't seen model stats included in a promo image before but it's a great idea. We're in the realm of functional utility promos again, the ones that provide useful information. Polycounts are hugely important in the calculation of computer resource management and framerates, and content creators with video game experience think about them always because in real time game engines every polygon has to be accounted for and justified. Hole's brand spanking new "Hot Dog Cart" logs in at just over 115,000 polies and look at all the details. Texturing looks great. But the sense of intelligent humor attributed to putting "Pavlov's" on the umbrella, and then having a dog frothing for a tasty treat is just plain cool . Nicely done!

01-hot-dog-cart-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 258K
    00-main-hot-dog-cart-daz3d.jpg
    380 x 494 - 60K
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

The dragon-slaying hot dog promo shot got an audible laugh from me. Great promos for this product to be sure!

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Just stopping by, thanks so much for the mention FirstBastion! I have a lot to learn but it's fun to be here.

The hot dog promos and description all made me smile, this looks a fun and entertaining set. Love all the green glowing pose arrows too, very cool.

edited March 2015

Today's considered promo is Oreshnik's Heiress-Spy-Tales , which has an almost comicbook marketing ad feel, and I mention that as a strong positive, the images are very dynamic and vibrant. Thorw in the fact that each of the additional promos have a 4 panel display of really useful poses and it's hard to pass clicking thru on images this engaging. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/heiress-spy-tales

00-main-heiress-spy-tales-daz3d.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 206K
    edited April 2015

ISS - human's reach for the stars. Impressive feat, impressive model, impressive rendered promo. And Hudson's Bay figures prominantly.

00-main-iss-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 193K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited December 1969

I think the Urban Metro outfit for men, and texture expansion have some nicely done male imagery.

00-daz3d_urban-metro-outfit-for-genesis-2-male_s_.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 207K
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303
    edited December 1969

ISS - human's reach for the stars. Impressive feat, impressive model, impressive rendered promo. And Hudson's Bay figures prominantly.

I agree wholeheartedly - I bought this and have been having a really great time with it. Iray makes it look so good with so little effort! The detail in this is pretty amazing.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

I don't do space renders but that does look amazing!

edited April 2015

Saw this in the newsletter today, and there's a smaller version of it on the top page banner. Very slick, and the postwork or the bloom effect on it, really catches the eye.

0407-guest-pass-fix.jpg
    500 x 389 - 82K
    edited December 1969

Faveral is one of the PAs that have mastered 3D modelling and this particular Fantasy Warship looks like that culmination of serious talent development. This particular promo image though really approaches artfulness, the mirrored reflection on the water, the distant fishing village on the horizon dwarfed by the approaching threat, the well define compositional lines all make this a great image.

promo3.daz3d_.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 172K
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

Faveral is one of the PAs that have mastered 3D modelling and this particular Fantasy Warship looks like that culmination of serious talent development. This particular promo image though really approaches artfulness, the mirrored reflection on the water, the distant fishing village on the horizon dwarfed by the approaching threat, the well define compositional lines all make this a great image.
    That is incredible! Chin on floor render alert.
    edited April 2015

We're going to do a triple threat today with functional and artistic promos that catch the eye. There's always clamouring for more realistic everyday products here at DAZ, and it looks like today gives some options. The action poses by FeralFey for the new Whirly-Twirly carnival ride have a great gravity-affected realism to them. And on the Business side of things, ablaze has some realistic boardroom Presentation poses. Clasped hands and folded arms. Nice! The third, is just the usual creativity we've come to expect from The Antfarm, that draws in the attention, a Portapotty at Stonehenge, but the scarf stuck in the door, seals the deal. In my best British accent >>that's just brilliant<<</p>

04-porta-potty-daz3dsmal.jpg
    876 x 598 - 257K
    01-all-business-presentation-poses-for-genesis-2-females-daz3d.jpg
    600 x 780 - 96K
    daz3d_tilty_whirly_poses_main.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 230K
    edited April 2015

Promos have a simple job. Notice this product over that product on a page full of product thumbnails. Show me something i haven't seen before, show me something I can use. Give me something that will make my own art stand out and get noticed. Simple. That is the task of a promo. Today's noticed product is WireFrame Hologram Shaders. Very novel idea and the potential usefulness is limitless. There's plenty examples of these shaders in action on the store page, but this one had a nice contrast and compositional balance. Check them out.

07-wireframe-and-hologram-shaders-daz3d.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 268K
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303
    edited December 1969

Promos have a simple job. Notice this product over that product on a page full of product thumbnails. Show me something i haven't seen before, show me something I can use. Give me something that will make my own art stand out and get noticed. Simple. That is the task of a promo. Today's noticed product is WireFrame Hologram Shaders. Very novel idea and the potential usefulness is limitless. There's plenty examples of these shaders in action on the store page, but this one had a nice contrast and compositional balance. Check them out.

I agree. I think people too often underestimate the power of a good wireframe as art unto itself!

edited December 1969

I've been using Bryce since it was Metacreation product on an Imac at the turn of the last century and though it's starting to show its age now, I'm always impressed when David Brinnen and Horo (the Bryce masters) release another creative work showcasing the advanced functionality that they're able to finesse out of the software. Their new Landscapes under Fantastic Skies set has some truly fantastic surreal environment promos today. Make sure to have a look at all of them under new releases link. I particularly like the sinkholes image, the stratified rocks look especially realistic. http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-landscapes-under-fantastic-skies

09-bryce-71-pro---landscapes-under-fantastic-skies-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 289K
    13-bryce-71-pro---landscapes-under-fantastic-skies-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 319K
    edited April 2015

What can I say, I usually get drawn into promo images that are story telling focused, or realistic slice of life or big expansive images, showcasing the grandeur capable with 3D, or architectural elements. Then again, promos that give the feeling of the world going on forever into the distance work too. Flipmode's Snowy Mountains, is a great example of a vast mountain range. The foot prints in the snow are a nice touch.

06promo_snowymountains.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 145K
    edited December 1969

It's an early first glimpse but the promos for Stonemason's new THe Streets of old London, are simple stunning. Check them out at the link. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/55505/

fin1.jpg
    600 x 367 - 33K