DS4.5RC & frozen Optitex cloth sims in Carrara ANSWER YES YES YES

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

argus1000 said:
    It was explained by DAZ in another thread, the old 4.0 is there for folks resetting who either want or need it. It will be going away and it's the last chance for those who want or need it to get it. If you want 4.5, just install 4.5 out of its download files. In mine, 4.5 was first.

I installed te latest version of Daz Studio Pro (4.5.0.114). Now this time they have included the FBX exporter, but where is the dynamic cloth control for this version? I bought this plugin and it isn't in my downloadable files.

the old dynamic cloth will work in this version

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    bigh said:
    don't know why you all can't use the new versions

The fun part is keeping up with what the new version is. Seems there is a new version of studio every other week.

this is it DS 4.5.0.114 :cheese:

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    [the old dynamic cloth will work in this version

It doesn't work. When I install the old dynamic cloth control , this is what it says:

dyn.jpg
    623 x 761 - 64K
    dyn.jpg
    623 x 761 - 64K
  • Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

Did you reset it? I thought I saw it on the pages of updated plug-ins.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

I will stick with the version of DS4.5 I have ;-P
    as I have with the previous Carrara build! %-P
    working nicely
    my nightie was just parented not conformed in my video, hence the slipdown, but kinda cool how it slipped up again!
    the hands grabbing the fabric and pulling it by intersecting it annoying, may need to avoid such poses.
    would be nice if Optitex made a Genesis rigged version, I would buy it again!

edited December 1969

Did you reset it? I thought I saw it on the pages of updated plug-ins.

Must've been a quirk of the system. I reset the download and now it shows up. It works too. Thanks!

edited December 1969

I will stick with the version of DS4.5 I have ;-P
    as I have with the previous Carrara build! %-P
    working nicely
    my nightie was just parented not conformed in my video, hence the slipdown, but kinda cool how it slipped up again!
    the hands grabbing the fabric and pulling it by intersecting it annoying, may need to avoid such poses.
    would be nice if Optitex made a Genesis rigged version, I would buy it again!

turn off hands - I do it all the time in cloth and model

edited December 1969

yes but I turn it ALL of rig wise anyhow!
    just collides with the mesh, not the rig, I find that sims better.
    happens less with conformed cloth using the rigging hence the desire for a Genesis version of the nightie.
    the Genesis dress worked well but I want something loose and flowing to use the dynamics better like the nightie does.

edited December 1969

yes but I turn it ALL of rig wise anyhow!
    just collides with the mesh, not the rig, I find that sims better.
    happens less with conformed cloth using the rigging hence the desire for a Genesis version of the nightie.
    the Genesis dress worked well but I want something loose and flowing to use the dynamics better like the nightie does.

I see :)

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

Need clarification please.

I have DS 4.3.47 which was supplied as a "free PRO version ( for a limited time ha ha) "

Didnt know about new one until Bigh said

"this is it DS 4.5.0.114 "

(which is now in my downloads)

Is this the so called PRO version ?
    Is it the Fianal 4.5 ?

thanks

edited December 1969

0oseven said:

I have DS 4.3.47 which was supplied as a "free PRO version ( for a limited time ha ha) "

Didnt know about new one until Bigh said

"this is it DS 4.5.0.114 "

(which is now in my downloads)

Is it the Fianal 4.5 ?

thanks

as of today it's the last one - no body knows if there will be a new version but Daz .

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It's the official release, not a release candidate, if that's what you mean.

edited December 1969

Genesis_2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 88K
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    0oseven said:

Is it the Fianal 4.5 ?

thanks

as of today it's the last one - no body knows if there will be a new version but Daz .

sO NEXT offering will be DS 5 ??

Actually found pdf info with downlaod of 4.5 that explained about pro - It is full version with trial period but of course that trial is now unlimited.

I have desperately tried ton stay away from DS but I have to SAY Im pretty impressed with the latest and I,m back to thinking its my best choice for animation (with aniMatepro which offers much better control than Carrara) and it seems to respond much faster.Carrara is always clogging up and the old ctrl/alt delete for restart is frequently called on.

edited December 1969

DS 5 from whats been posed will have more animation tools .
    So we have toes crossed .

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've never had any problems animating in carrara; other then the feet sliding thing. Animate gives you a library of stock motions, that don't often actually fit the scene.

edited December 1969

Qote manstan -I’ve never had any problems animating in carrara; other then the feet sliding thing. Animate gives you a library of stock motions, that don’t often actually fit the scene.

Well Animate is not limited to the stock aniblocks . I have probably a thousand motions bvh / pz2 to draw on. Once converted to an aniblock you can use the tools. I especially like the spline control where you can see the path of a limb / leg etc and tweak it.
    The other thing that works MUCH better in Daz Studio is puppeteer. It responds faster than Carrra and has the layer function .Its so simple to use.

Now I'm eager to know what the New animation things will be in DS5 that have been hinted at :- BUT I really wish Daz would improve the animation in Carrara

like say "clip" previews and fixing th feet thing!

edited August 2012

deleted post -duplicated

Post edited by 0oseven on
    edited December 1969

0oseven said:
    Sheesh !

Now Ive just noticed LIPSYNC seems to have disappeared from DS 4.5

Its there in DS 4.

Whats Happening ?

32 bit only

edited December 1969

ok thiunk I got the answer - its only in 32 bit version which I'm now downloading

edited August 2012

"I have probably a thousand motions bvh / pz2 to draw on"

Carrara can use those too. Really if you look at carrara's animation tools they blow studio's away. Those animation options you are looking forward to in studio 5 have been in carrara for quite a while.

Post edited by ManStan on
    edited December 1969

dont think Carrara will load bvh/ pz2 motion onto Genesis - with Genesisi there isnt an import option in the parameters tab as with v4 for the pz.2 format .
    If you know different I'd be happy to know how.

This whole genesis thing is driving me crazy - now trying to make mimic work with it in Daz Studio ( dont have mimic for Carrara)

So if you can help there chug along to http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6255/#80188

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

I can't get any sort of animation out of Studio 4.5 - not into Carrara or Poser Debut. Bvh made from Animate sort of works, but the ankles cross through each other. Pz2 animations simply don't work - no keyframes, although static poses work fine.

None of this bothers me too much, except for not being able to get Optitex sims into Carrara.

edited December 1969

Man, I will never understand why people have their heads so far up genesis's

The only use I have ever had for genesis is for teen figures that we never got in mil4. If genesis wont work for what you want to do simple use a different figure, DAZ has a dozen other figures you can use, but no one seems to remember that. Just because DAZ doesn't support the mil4 figures is no reason for us not to. Personally I'd rather use an older figure that doesn't have issues, then beat my head against a wall trying to use the new figure that does have issues.

So here we go with the "if it's new it has to be better" attitude. It certainly isn't better if it has all these issues with just common use.

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Man, I will never understand why people have their heads so far up genesis's

The only use I have ever had for genesis is for teen figures that we never got in mil4. If genesis wont work for what you want to do simple use a different figure, DAZ has a dozen other figures you can use, but no one seems to remember that. Just because DAZ doesn't support the mil4 figures is no reason for us not to. Personally I'd rather use an older figure that doesn't have issues, then beat my head against a wall trying to use the new figure that does have issues.

So here we go with the "if it's new it has to be better" attitude. It certainly isn't better if it has all these issues with just common use.

:cheese: :roll: :vampire:

edited December 1969

Maybe we sort of want to use Genesis because it's new. I think it has advantages of its own. Time will tell. I've been trying to have Genesis walk up some stairs in DS 4.5. No way. The feet move, they don't stay on the stairs whether you pin them or not. The Daz tools are shaky.

So I decided to use Carrara 8.5 and, using Faba's Genesis helpers,
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11970483/GenesisHelpers.zip
    I had Genesis going up the stairs in no time. Faba's tools are miraculous for handling IK. They're so easy to work with. Even easier than Carrara 8.1. No need to pin the feet. Let this be told: Carrara tools for animation are WAY ahead of DS (except maybe animate which I find quite handy).

Now all I need is Fenric to update his BVH exporter for Carrara 8.5 and I'll export my stairs animation back to DS 4.5 so I can put dynamic clothes on Genesis, import it back as DUF in Carrara, render my scene and I'm in business.

Now this is a rough animation. I haven't bothered yet to animate the upper part of her body. But the feet are steady. Besides, she's a sleepwalker.
    http://youtu.be/zyoJyiFLa5w

edited August 2012

0oseven, why can't you load your pz2 onto Genesis animation from your runtime? works for me.
    has to be Genesis compatible, many do not work the feet stretch, mostly G4, G3 poses tend to be ok but one created in DS4 using PFE powerpose and puppeteer works the same as a bought pose.
    was going to go to sleep now but I will have to light my kero heater and fire up my computer and post some screenshots, prob in your Mimic thread.
    edit
    2:49 am grrr
    (i am a shiftworker btw)
    you do not want to export a pz2 of a Genesis lipsync!!!
    it is NOT pretty!!!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Genesis is certainly better in many ways - more versatile, easier morphs, better deforming. I don't use it yet because to be of any real use it needs all those add-ons, which I won't buy until it works properly in Carrara.

The importing of dynamic clothing I've been trying is all Gen4, stuff, on gen 4 figures - which I used to be able to do perfectly in DS3 using Daz Collada.

Eventually found a method of getting Animate animations into Carrara 8.5 - export as .pz2 from DS, into Poser, export as bvvh - Carrara can read that perfectly.

Heck, even a static pose with conforming clothing saved in duf comes into Carrara in a mess - but I can do that right here, so no problem for me.

Still no dynamic clothing with duf - Pierre is on it's case.

edited December 1969

"Still no dynamic clothing with duf "
    many of us have done it - maybe you can't - doesn't mean it can't be done

edited December 1969

I fully realise that - but if I follow your steps exactly - and you have confirmed earlier that my steps are correct - and I get an i/o error, which is pretty serious, then it can't be done on my setup, which is what is being investigated.

How about helping out here - can you save an animation - any animation, in .duf and import it into Carrara? Can you export an animated .pz2 and load it into Carrara?
    Can you save a static posed figure with conforming clothing as .duf and get it to load correctly in Carrara?

All of these don't work for me.

Which version of Carrara and DS are you using?

I'd really appreciate your help to try to narrow the fault down.