"Loading" question

2»

Comments

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Finally into the main page/ scene ok but no idea why it's saying the Genesis file doesn't exist....?

Genesis_does_exist_1.JPG
    628 x 497 - 47K
    Genesis_does_exist.JPG
    541 x 794 - 46K
    Resource_error.JPG
    546 x 576 - 31K
    Post edited by Marcuse on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you installed the Genesis Essentials file into My Library, then that is correct, but the program is looking for Genesis.DSF and it is now Genesis.DUF in the new install for 4.5.0.114.

In the Content Directory Manager in your image, you should delete the first two entries in DAZ Studio Formats, and change the last one to point at the My Library folder in Documents and Settings. I think the first entry in Poser Formats is the correct path by the look of things, so change the last entry in DAZ Studio Formats to match that

You only need the first entry in the Poser Formats area, delete the other three.

Nearly there.

edited December 1969

If you installed the Genesis Essentials file into My Library, then that is correct, but the program is looking for Genesis.DSF and it is now Genesis.DUF in the new install for 4.5.0.114.

Thanks. How do I change the DSF to DUF ?

Genesis_dsf_to_duf.JPG
    903 x 834 - 77K
    edited December 1969

The Genesis Essentials installer has the correct file already in it. and it should have replaced the previous one. It makes me wonder if the Esssentials file was installed correctly?

If you go to Edit > Preferences > Startup, the first item is Load File, and you can change it there, or use Browse to find the right one. You can also set that Load File to 'None', and then it wont look for it at all. That might be easier for the moment, until we see if your toehr content is correct or not.

edited December 1969

The Load file was already set to "None" with the same "Resource Error" message then appearing on start-up....

edited December 1969

I don;t see how that could happen to be honest? Untick the box for 'Load File', and it will not look for anything (I just tried it).

Have you changed the DAZ Studio and Poser Formats in Preferences? DS should not be looking in the Resources folder at all.

edited December 1969

I don;t see how that could happen to be honest? Untick the box for 'Load File', and it will not look for anything (I just tried it).

Have you changed the DAZ Studio and Poser Formats in Preferences? DS should not be looking in the Resources folder at all.

Unticked the box too and great no "Resource Error" message appeared just an empty scene. Yes I'd already deleted the entries in Daz Studio and Poser Formats immediately after your post.

edited December 1969

Just found the duf file below elsewhere so moved it into this one. Delete the 2 dsf's next ?

Genesis_duf_file.JPG
    897 x 774 - 51K
    edited December 1969

My Genesis,DUF is in the folder above that one, not in Characters, but in the Genesis folder itself.

I don;t think you installed the Essentials file to the correct loacation. When installing that file, 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe, it should be installed to the My Library folder. My Library should be the last part of the path, Not Studio, or Character or DAZ 3D, but whatever the path is, it should end with My Library. Then everything will go into the correct place.

You could try re-installing it again.

edited December 1969

My Genesis,DUF is in the folder above that one, not in Characters, but in the Genesis folder itself.

I don;t think you installed the Essentials file to the correct loacation. When installing that file, 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe, it should be installed to the My Library folder. My Library should be the last part of the path, Not Studio, or Character or DAZ 3D, but whatever the path is, it should end with My Library. Then everything will go into the correct place.

You could try re-installing it again.

Thanks. I haven't yet re-installed as I thought I try this experiment first and lo the silver figure appeared. Or would it be better to re install again just in case ?

Preferences_is_it_correct.JPG
    697 x 535 - 34K
    edited December 1969

I would leave it for now, and have a play around with it. It seems to be correct now anyway, and the right figure is loading.

See if you can add textures and clothing to the Genesis figure, and if you can't find the content, start a new thread as this one is getting a bit long.

We got there in the end, well done, so now you should be able to at least load Genesis, and play around with the shapes.

edited December 1969

Well the colour female Genesis is there ok....but is there a "but " ?

Keen to start loading some of my purchases/ content eventually so where would they go into Characters as well ?

edited December 1969

I would leave it for now, and have a play around with it. It seems to be correct now anyway, and the right figure is loading.

See if you can add textures and clothing to the Genesis figure, and if you can't find the content, start a new thread as this one is getting a bit long.

We got there in the end, well done, so now you should be able to at least load Genesis, and play around with the shapes.

Ooops crossed in the posts thank you !! Only one correction you got there in the end well done Holmes...

edited December 1969

Everything that you buy from the store, or anywhere else, gets installed to the My Library folder, even Posser Format content too.

Always make sure that the last part of the path is the My Library folder, and everything will be put into the right place. Older content like Victoria 4 and Michael 4 are in Poser Format, but they still get installed to the My Library folder. You can find them in the Content Library tab under Poser Formats > My Library > Figures.

edited December 1969

Many thanks again opening a new thread for Content. Suffice to say that I used to work in corporate systems analysis and well it's kinda hard to follow but first over to the new thread :lol:

End

edited December 1969

Forgot to ask will Victoria 4 work in duf as well as I don't need Genesis for quite a while....?

edited December 1969

Victoria 4 is in Poser format, and when you install it, it will go into My Library > Runtime, and you can find it in the Content Library tab under Poser Formats. Genesis is a completely new figure for DAZ Studio, and it doesn't work natively in Poser, there is a bit of work to do to get it into the newer version of Poser.

You could always try to load V4, save it as a DAZ Scene file (DUF), and maybe that would work?

edited August 2012

Victoria 4 is in Poser format, and when you install it, it will go into My Library > Runtime, and you can find it in the Content Library tab under Poser Formats. Genesis is a completely new figure for DAZ Studio, and it doesn't work natively in Poser, there is a bit of work to do to get it into the newer version of Poser.

You could always try to load V4, save it as a DAZ Scene file (DUF), and maybe that would work?

With you in the first para, but if I understand you correctly lost in the second as I don't know where it's possible to Save it as a DUF....?

screen_shot_copy.jpg
    1184 x 800 - 127K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I added padding to your screen shot, so it didn't break the forum formatting.

edited December 1969

I have no idea how all of these V4 folders are in DAZ Studio Formats?

If you installed V4 into the My Library folder, the figure files etc should be In Poser Foramts > My Library > Figures > DAZ People, and NOT in DAZ Studio Formats.

If you load V4, go to File > Save As, and select Scene File, and save it as a DUF format, then you can put it into the My Library in the Scenes folder, and it will load fine. I just tried it. It loads much quicker that loading it from Poser Formats.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

It looks as if the files from \Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 have been put in the \People\Victoria 4 folder. Don't. The only folders and files in the Runtime folder you may touch are those in the Camera, Character, Face, Hair, Hand, Light, Materials, Pose, Props and Scenes folders - everything else is off limits.

edited December 1969

Great thank you. As I said on the other thread the best course I think would now seem to be to keep things very simple and very small concentrating solely on my immediate V4 projects to start with, referring back here as I go along otherwise I doubt I’ll ever get started. Slowly expanding later on into the wider fields of Genesis etc. but thankfully at least I now know where some of the pitfalls are, above all what not to do !

I'm really grateful for all your kind help and patience it's been much appreciated throughout !! :)

edited August 2012

I have no idea how all of these V4 folders are in DAZ Studio Formats?

If you installed V4 into the My Library folder, the figure files etc should be In Poser Foramts > My Library > Figures > DAZ People, and NOT in DAZ Studio Formats.

If you load V4, go to File > Save As, and select Scene File, and save it as a DUF format, then you can put it into the My Library in the Scenes folder, and it will load fine. I just tried it. It loads much quicker that loading it from Poser Formats.

I kept wondering why Poser wasn't showing anything too and I think ticking the Scene box in passing must have been why though I didn't notice it till later. (See fifth post back.)

I'm hoping everything's working now having saved it as duf....

V4_save_to_DUF_or_not.JPG
    830 x 351 - 32K
    Vic_4_Duf.JPG
    910 x 559 - 57K
    Post edited by Marcuse on