Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Horo : thank you. Wow, excellent render, great modeling.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955

adbc - superb desert scene. Thanks for your comments..

Horo - wow awesome scene, great modelling.

edited October 2022

mermaid : thank you.

A winter scene, trees are from Thandaluz.

winter.jpg
    920 x 460 - 97K
    Post edited by adbc on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

adbc - thank you. Great winter scene, the sky is very nice.

mermaid - thank you.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Horo:
    - Fun "Soccer Ball" abstract. It reminds me of a certain type of candy.
    - Your building image looks sorta surreal. Fascinating.

Hansmar:
    - Cool variants of 5 landscapes. The top one with the wonderful calm water is my favorite there.

adbc:
    - A fascinating spiky terrain structure! That mat really fits to it.
    - Your desert scene looks like a pastel drawing. Beautiful.
    - Great winterscene and atmosphere/sky. I like those trees at the right side.

Spuddy:
    - A wonderful scene with that rider. Very moody lighting and great terrains/mat.

Mermaid:
    - Cool submarine scene. An interesting POV with foreboding lighting.

Horo, hubert : thank you.

Thank you hubert.

Adbc - wow awesome winter scene

Hubert - thank you

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

NGartplay, Horo, adbc, mermaid, hubert, Thanks. The red eye is actually a red eye! It is a glass sphere in the skull with a red light in it.

Adbc, Nice spikey terrain. Love the forms on the right. The one with RaRaja’s sky has a great atmosphere. The winterscene looks very cold!

Spuddy, I think it is very special. Wonderful terrain work and great lights.

Mermaid, very special effect, great render.

Horo, that is a very special render, full of colours. Great idea also.

Thank you Hansmar.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

I don't know if I'll get around to making an image for the challenge so I thought that I'd share a few old animal images that I made.  Maybe digging them up will inspire me.  here goes...

queenshonor.jpg
    753 x 975 - 124K
    dragoncave.jpg
    1080 x 810 - 69K
    newshoes.jpg
    810 x 607 - 125K
    ac85e5c3f0db63d18591afa2f03d5e74_original.jpg
    810 x 607 - 78K
    oldhorse.jpg
    810 x 607 - 127K

NGartplay - I hope you can make it for the challenge. Five very nice renders. queenshonor is very dramatic, has a bit a feel of AI (what I see in other threads), dragoncave is very well done with the water and the details of skeletons, newshoes is very cute and great POV, great underwater scene with the shark, and the old horse is again a very well done scene with the cat at the door.

Thanks Hansmar

NGartplay - five awesome renders, each one is superb. Hope you can enter the current challenge.

mermaid, Hansmar : thank you.

NGartplay : five impressive renders, hope you can participate to the current challenge.

edited October 2022

Three metaballs (arranged as shown at the lower left corner) with some transparency within a partly transparent displaced sphere, everything together within a white sphere. The Rainbow3 HDRI is within the displaced sphere exactly between the three metaballs and shines through the displaced sphere onto the all inclosing sphere.

Odd Sphere

OddSphere.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 192K
    Post edited by Horo on

Wow a very interesting and amazing result Horo

Horo : cool and very special render, love the colours.

Thank you mermaid and adbc.

edited October 2022

Recently I visited the Bryce Paradise Facebook page which Akmerlow linked in the “You can do better” thread. There is an excellent selection of renders, but it’s difficult to say if they are recent or done long ago as most are not dated but the posts are recent. I love the work by Melany Valiquette – (Mel3D), very inspiring.

The object I downloaded from there is by Kirk Dunne. Downloads are available to guests too. I used the DecoClub Hdri which Horo shared recently.

cuteobject-decoclub.jpg
    500 x 500 - 175K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Very nicely done mermaid. Is that object PVS_03_ZB_123kPoly by Agent Smith?

Horo, I've never worked with metaballs.  You got a beautiful, flowing render from them.  Makes me interested to look at them

mermaid, I like the shiny object inside the sphere.  Bryce does shiny so well.  Thanks for the information on the 'you can do better' thread.

Thank you all for the compliments. 

edited October 2022

mermaid : awesome shiny object, great colours as well. I'm not a facebook fan and don't have an account, anyway I had access to the page (shortly), the renders are really inspiring.

Post edited by adbc on
  • huberthubert Posts: 410

NGartplay: A wonderful series of animal images!! The 2nd one is my favorite, esp due to its very moody lighting and atmosphere.

Horo: Wild metaball'istic stuff! (I encountered too many crashes with that cool "meatball" feature and stopped using it, long ago.)

Mermaid: Stylish! Cool sculptural composition and nice render.

NGartplay - thank you.

hubert - thank you. I never had problems with metaballs, only with Displacement, but also not when render priority is set to low.

Good to know about the render priority set to low, Horo.

NGartplay - once you do not enter the Mat Lab anymore, you can set Priority to Normal or High. If you want to modify the material, set Priority to Low before you open the Mat Lab.

Horo - thanks, yes that the ojbect PVS_03_ZB_123kPoly; does that mean Agent Smith and Kirk Dunne are one and the same person, the file I downloaded is by Kirk Dunne.

Thanks NGartplay, Adbc and Hubert

mermaid - yes, Kirk Dunne aka Agent Smith in the forums. He was in the Steering Committee for Bryce 7.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

NGArtplay: please make something for the contest! You're old renders are wonderful and I'd like to see something like that in the contest too. Like Hubert, I like the 2nd one most.

Horo and Mermaid, both your abstracts look great. Indeed, Bryce shines!

Thanks Hansmar.  The second was my favorite too.  It's actually the oldest of all the images.  The dragon is in a cave looking up to the sky through a hole.  I noticed that I don't have any surface under his foot, lol.  I think that it's not too noticable.

This discussion has been closed.