It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited May 2012

yeah killed DS4.5 the better fix it before I try it again!!
    the above (well previous page last post)

edit!! gone to next page!!!

uses V4 creature creator morphs transfered with GenX along with Jasmine and catgirl texture.
    used the Supersuit Furify shader with lots extra displacement on the tail!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Darn Wendy! Your killing me. I need to dig out my original paper hero designs and start playing. What do I find myself doing? Chaseing Wendy around the Forums to read one post after another. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

I keep missing posts in between, hence the echo!
    it only shows the last post so you have to go to the previous page then back!

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

That's a nice animation, Wendy, I like it.

I'm still rendering, a little bit, but haven't had the inspiration since Daz decided to bork my favourite website! That's not me just being a big crybaby, I genuinely feel like a lot of stuff is now too expensive, even the sale price is rather a lot, and the forums are just not home.

So I'm in World of Warcraft if you need me!

edited December 1969

Hey Bro!!! Good to see you again, hope your having fun in WOW. I broke down and bought that darn Supersuit, the Pro set not the mega set. It is all kinds of fun to play with.

I spent lots of time building a New character for my comic, well a new genesis version of one of my main characters. If I get the whole line up rebuilt using Genesis I might restart the comic project. Would you still proofread if I decide to start over? I can use email again my provider helped me get it working again in Win 7.

edited December 1969

got the supersuit exporting reasonably well to iClone
    (which is what I got it for, never expected the presets to work in Carrara)
    still have to manually add bump which rtakes a while as so many material zones, fbx will not bring it over
    only done chest and arms so far
    this pic just a whisker below max forum limit size and dimension wise!

grilladin.gif
    780 x 780 - 9M
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

The Superset is mega fun to play with although I only got the basic bundle. I have enough shader packs as it is so I couldn't justify the expense of the Pro set.

I also received some very good news over the weekend. I like pleasant surprises. :cheese:

Haven't been doing much lately as I've been a bit lethargic. Damn flu pulled into my lungs which is not cool. So I've been going to bed earlier than usual to sleep it off.

Other than that things are good and I hope the same is true for all of you.

edited December 1969

Thats one cool ani Wendy. Looks like you have a plan for this one. Let me know if you go farther with it.

Harry, sorry to hear about the flu, I did get the full pro bundle. As you go you might rethink the addon sets. The shaders are well worth it, they also work on all other items. I'm loving me some CARBON Fiber mesh and some of the Chainmail shaders. They look great on some of the older sets. One of my Plate Mail armor sets now looks almost REAL with the new shaders applied to it.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

To use Barry's current favorite expression, WOW Wendy. This looks great.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited December 1969

The Superset is mega fun to play with although I only got the basic bundle. I have enough shader packs as it is so I couldn't justify the expense of the Pro set.

I also received some very good news over the weekend. I like pleasant surprises. :cheese:

Haven't been doing much lately as I've been a bit lethargic. Damn flu pulled into my lungs which is not cool. So I've been going to bed earlier than usual to sleep it off.

Other than that things are good and I hope the same is true for all of you.

So what is the good news, Harry? Wish I would get some.

I've spent the past 2 days mainly in bed, letting the fever burn up my broncho/pneumo. Got up feeling good this morning, weak and wet though. This afternoon my 6-yr old grandson bridges from Tiger Cub to Wolf and tomorrow (the last day of school) he is supposed to show off his cool dance moves in the school talent show. I can't miss either one. His brother is grumpy with teeth 3 & 4 coming through.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited December 1969

Sorry Anne, I can not give any details now but you'll know soon enough. I will be fun though. :D

Kids are awesome. I really love kids. Especially when they act all grown-up and cheeky. I hope you have fun at the talent show.

@ Jeff - I might get some of the add-on packs as I need them. One can never have too many add-ons. But there is a budget that must be obeyed. Lol. :lol:

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,676
    edited December 1969

Moved to the Commons.

edited December 1969

Whaaaaaah? Why? :-(

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,676
    edited December 1969

The Latest News forum isn't meant to allow general posting.

edited December 1969

But but but this is the Commons. It's scary here. :ohh:

Poor Barry. He's gonna have his feathers ruffled for sure. Sniff.

Ah well, what's for lunch? I'm hungry. :cheese:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Moved back into New Users Forum.

edited December 1969

OMG! I can see a mod war brewing!
    Chohole ♣'s Richard!

edited May 2012

All the mod's need to know is that BBS's is still a NEW User in his own eye's. So When he post's a question it is a new user question. It is not his fault all us people are here waiting to jump on the first question he asks. Okay, we get bored waiting on the next question and just go off into left field. That's not his fault eather. At least he asks all his questions in one thread, most of the time.

I'm a little PO'ed the dude does not show up as much as he did before. I got used to the new forums pretty darn fast, Just look at my post count.

EDIT: I need to break 250 (260?) pretty darn fast so I can get my second green bar. :-P

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    All the mod's need to know is that BBS's is still a NEW User in his own eye's. So When he post's a question it is a new user question. It is not his fault all us people are here waiting to jump on the first question he asks. Okay, we get bored waiting on the next question and just go off into left field. That's not his fault eather. At least he asks all his questions in one thread, most of the time.

I'm a little PO'ed the dude does not show up as much as he did before. I got used to the new forums pretty darn fast, Just look at my post count.

EDIT: I need to break 250 (260?) pretty darn fast so I can get my second green bar. :-P

This thread is probably more suited to the Commons so Richard made the right decision, but Pam probably reinstated it to the newbie area because she knows this was my home, and I appreciate that, I would certainly not have paid it much attention if it stayed in Commons. Thanks to both of you, I understand both reasonings, please don't fight!

I would like the thread deleted to be honest, it seems I'm just whining in it and I'm not sure it's necessary any more, my point is made, people know my thoughts. If I don't like the forums, I should just either get used to them or leave them altogether.

@Jeff: Part of the reason I lived in the newbie area is so that I could keep up with answers. Commons moved too quick for me to keep up with and often turned into arguments. BUT the main reason I prefer to use the new area is because the questions I ask can help the genuinely new people, and help them better if they are answered mostly by either experts that post in the new area (many thanks to those people) and other new people that say "Well in my experience..." because that can spark a whole new look to the question. I'm not a new user, I've been using DS, Poser and Carrara for the best part of a year now and I can find my way around quite a lot of it, but with something this complex we are all always learning.

I am rethinking my strategy when it comes to 3D, and I think I would like to start a new thread with a more positive outlook and see how it goes. I would appreciate it if people would just leave this particular thread alone to fade into the nethers if it can't be deleted, but mods, if you can and will delete this thread, I would be in your debt.

edited December 1969

Well it started with BBS but I think a thread like this in the New User section gives it that bit of personal touch as well as a place for new folks to ask random questions that would not really warrant a thread all on it's own.

As for Barry not posting, I guess people lose interest and might find something else to get hooked on for a while (like WoW!). They may or may not return eventually but there's plenty of other people who needs a helping hand and we're all friends here so you won't be lonely Jeff. :cheese:

To make things fair though I think we should perhaps try to discuss some DS related stuff inbetween so that we fit more into this section of the forum. After all, it started off as a "How to" thread so let's keep it on that track as we go along. Or try at least. :lol:

edited December 1969

Well it doesn't have to be DS related, it could be Bryce related, or even Poser related,................ and we would even accept Hex and cowrrara at a pinch :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well it doesn't have to be DS related, it could be Bryce related, or even Poser related,................ and we would even accept Hex and cowrrara at a pinch :coolsmirk:

Ah but of course dear lady. I shall rephrase to say DAZ Software related. :cheese:

edited December 1969

And I suppose then some wag will suggest I try to teach you how to use boolean operations in Bryce, to make things like this. :roll:

my_old_bridge_small.jpg
    512 x 288 - 68K
    edited December 1969

Well? Teach already dammit! :lol:

edited December 1969

I think maybe an explanation of Boolean tecniques really needs a simpler thing than that to start with, that particular one is quite involved.

Maybe I will show you how I built one of my houses, they are a bit easier, only made from primitives.

THe bridge has terrains in it, and I drew the map for the terrains in PS. just to make it more complimacated.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    And I suppose then some wag will suggest I try to teach you how to use boolean operations in Bryce, to make things like this. :roll:

Totally misread this. I thought you said "to make rhinos like this" ---looked at image and thought that is one strange rhino. Looks like I would make a rhino. Then I realized I need to learn how to read words.

I've heard of boolean searches. Is boolean operations where you cut out the area for the arches?

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited December 1969

Yup basically, I have invisible negative prims cutting them out.

edited December 1969

I'll live with wharever happens. I see that the new post go to the front of the thread now. All that'S left is getting the shuffle fixed.

edited May 2012

Eh? It is? Woohoo! :cheese:

Errr... nope. Still no post ordering. :(

Post edited by Harry Dresden on
    edited December 1969

That's because we're hard to control, Harry. Some days Chohole must feel like she's babysitting a barrel of monkeys. But..in the morning, in the evening, ain't we got fun!

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
This discussion has been closed.