The Wizards Library - A Multi Figure Scene - Now complete!

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    edited August 2012

Yes to the two questions for me :)

Post edited by Leana on
  • flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Very nice work, glad you are still at it.
    And yes, yes. ;)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Really really want to see the full scene now. So glad your still working on this.

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited August 2012

Thank you Leana, flashback and Jaderail for taking the time to respond :-)

For a sneak peek at the full scene, check out my facebook page

And for figures 25 and 26, the first away from the Daz family, Apollo and Eepo -

Library_Figures_25_and_26.png
    400 x 488 - 376K
    Post edited by shaaelia on
    edited December 1969

will post the updated image on here later in the week - must do some Uni work first :-)

edited December 1969

Tease! JK. I'm looking forward to it myself. I love these Multi figure renders. Patting foot patently.

edited December 1969

lol - it will be out this week, just need to resize it for the forums. A larger version will be viewable on my site too. :-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

2000 x 2000 is max for forums,

edited December 1969

ah, thanks Chohole. Think the larger version should fit here, but will re-check before I post :-)

edited August 2012

It's Friday here for me, so better post now before the kids come home!

Well, tried the larger size one, and it didn't work, so, will try a smaller size. The larger size is available to view here

Library_Figures_1_to_26_DF.png
    800 x 375 - 593K
    Post edited by shaaelia on
    edited December 1969

Good work, I love the full view.

edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail. For me it's amazing going from working on these tiny sections to looking at this and thinking, wow, I did that?! Really looking forward to finishing this one off.

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    Thanks Jaderail. For me it's amazing going from working on these tiny sections to looking at this and thinking, wow, I did that?! Really looking forward to finishing this one off.
    WHAT? You got loads of room, many, many more. PLEASE.
    edited December 1969

lol, yes, plenty to come yet. Two more major figures in the works (at least), then loads of smaller ones. Then there's all the creatures in the 'painting' in the background as well.

edited December 1969

You and the others before you just might push me to try this. I studied 2D way before I did 3D. I understand what is done. I'm just LAZY.

edited December 1969

I don't blame you. It's hard. It's harder still keeping it going, especially when un-3D-related stuff demands your attention. And Daz is just not the easiest program to do this in. I wish I wish I wish that there was a way to save a spot render out at a particular resolution. Sigh. One day (after this image is finished) they'll do it! :-)

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    I don't blame you. It's hard. It's harder still keeping it going, especially when un-3D-related stuff demands your attention. And Daz is just not the easiest program to do this in. I wish I wish I wish that there was a way to save a spot render out at a particular resolution. Sigh. One day (after this image is finished) they'll do it! :-)
    You read minds, my thoughts exactly.
  • edited August 2012

[Relocated well-intentioned techie blather to my own "lab practical" thread. --- Alan]

Post edited by merc-daz3d_c669b168a9 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks alanscape, that's similar to what I'm doing now, but because of the size of the render, it still takes over 24 hours to render each scene, as it still renders the 'frame' as well. Unfortunately, cancelling the render before it's finished also works against me, as the only way I have to save the unfinished render is to screen shot, and most of the time the screen shots are too fuzzy or my screen is too small. For some reason, my computer won't save a half-finished render in the temp folder, but I'll have another look and see if it will. Maybe it's changed since the last re-install? Hmmm, will check. :-)

• edited December 1969

Aw, that's too bad; I was hoping to be of more help here. Probably we're dealing with different software versions or scene setups or both. (This was DS3A, 3DLight render, & a separate render window.) I'll transfer my writeup to my own thread. Hope a workaround shows up for you--- it's a nifty multi scene!

Alan

edited December 1969

Thanks Alan. I'm predominately using DS3A, with the occasional DS4 scene. The lights come with the set, with a few spot lights thrown in when needed. I'd love to see your thread though, do you have a link? :-)

• edited December 1969

Sure--- it's the "Alan's Laboratory" thread, predictably enough. 8^D*

I am puzzled that your copy of DS3A doesn't go for the blockout trick like my copy of DS3A does. Only thing I can figure is maybe you're doing something like using the Reality plugin to pass the render job out to LuxRender--- which would decidedly not be fooled by such a feeble stratagem, and would proceed to calculate every object in the render, hidden or not! I'm just using the built-in render engine that came with DS3A, and it's much easier to (ahem) pull the wool over its eyes...

If that guess is not on the mark, and if you'd care to pursue the elusive spot render gimmick, and if time permits, you're welcome to come hash it out over in the lab. 8^j*

edited December 1969

Just a quick update - I have found out that I'm going to be very full on for the next two months, using Daz almost non-stop for Uni stuff. If I can wrangle any time to work on this, I will. This won't be forgotten, but it will be slowed down for a while.

edited December 1969

I've been able to use another, more powerful machine* to render on - so I've been doing larger version renders of the library. If I were to print it out, it'd be 2.5meters long and 1.17meters tall.

Because I've been wanting to do this scene for the last two years, I had to test out the new render machine on this one first. Completely unrelated to The Wizards Library, but if you'd like to have a look at the first view of the Countess' Courtyard, head over to the Facebook link in my signature. For those who dislike FB, it'll be up on the website next week.

As far as Library news goes, the base is the only one rendered at a massive size, currently, the figures up the back are rendering as I type. A few tiny changes, but will post when all the current figures are together. The benefit of having two machines going at once? I can create more figures to put into the scene while it's rendering on the other one! :-D

*The more powerful machine being Hubby's laptop. I only get to render with it when he's not gaming... or when his internet 'mysteriously' disconnects... What? No, I didn't flick the switch on purpose! :coolgrin:

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    It's Friday here for me, so better post now before the kids come home!

Well, tried the larger size one, and it didn't work, so, will try a smaller size. The larger size is available to view here

Very cool Shaaelia! Love the detail! And that little goblin guy is soooo cool lol Keep up the great work!

edited December 1969

Thanks Spyro :-) He's one of my favorite characters - took forever to get him right.

The Countess' Courtyard is now up at my site.

Because I waited so long to get this one rendered, I'm thinking of getting it printed out on canvass and hanging it above my desk. George currently holds pride of place, but I think he needs to take a walk to his local library...

• 2Fatbear2Fatbear Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:

According to those who know me best, I am a bookworm of the highest order, so I was ecstatic when Jack Tomalin released The Library.

The first thing that came to mind was Hogwarts Library, so here is my version:

The Wizards Library
    A larger version can be seen: Here

LOL Same here! I couldnt believe when I found it!

Shaaelia tell me something to read. In exchange I will recommend Schizmatrix Plus (get the Plus and not the other one. The Plus includes all the short stories he wrote before the novel about this universe) by Bruce Sterling, a book I've read some three years ago and is still turning around in my mind. In case you know it already (or not (: ), another two that had big impact on me are The World According to Garp by John Irving (many other good ones from him) and The Armaggedon Rag by George R.R. Martin (with his Thrones recent success dont need references, but he has some great other books too).

Your work is amazing, and also your generosity giving us all your great creations.

{}fatbear

edited December 1969

Hey Fatbear :-) My favorite reads are anything by Matthew Reilly, but if you're starting off, read Ice Station first. His books are like Indiana Jones on speed. Brilliant and fast paced, you don't want to put them down until the end.

Anne McCaffery is great for SciFi/Fantasy.

Andy McNab is good for the former solider turned civvy stories - great books, made better that it's coming from a former solider who knows and went through the transition from military back to civilian.

There is another great SciFi author on my book shelf. He writes really thick, involved books that take a while to get into, with lots of characters whose story-lines converge at the end and make it well worth the read... and I can't check his name because our mammoth Christmas Tree is in front of the bookcase. But if it sounds like your kind of read, I can find out after the tree comes down.

edited December 1969

On The Wizards Library front, it is progressing slowly, and I have more time with the laptop now, it's just a matter of squeezing in the scenes to render between assignments. Hoping to post the next update before the end of the year (which seems far, far too close!)

edited December 1969

Oh, so it's well and truly after the new year, but there is good news! I have a new, faster machine on which to render that is all mine! The old one died on Christmas eve. Today I (finally) get to install Daz and get to rendering. I have up to figure 40 ready and set to render, so it will be interesting to see how long it takes me to get through a render now. The next three figures should be posted in a few days.

It may have taken George since November, but he finally made it to the Library.