Help! Custom morph from Hex is turning G2M into Mr Fantastic!

SarraSarra Posts: 3
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hello, newbie lurker here. I was playing with some morphs for characters based on Genesis 2, and I ran into a bit of a problem...

I moved my G2M over to Hexagon, tweaked the mesh, and sent it back. When prompted, I chose to import as a morph and saved it. Then I spun the new dial and voila! My Genesis giant was born.

And then I tried to pose him, and his body did things no human body should ever do. :(

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I did a quick and dirty render before and after the morph, posed and unposed, and with a regular old G2M for company.

Thanks!

Comments

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

I just love the guy scratching his head in puzzlement at the antics his buddy is getting up to:)

Sorry, can't help, though.

• kathils01kathils01 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

I'll be watching this discussion because I have the same exact problem. :( No solution yet, but I play with it from time to time to see if I can figure it out on my own. So far, no luck.

• SarraSarra Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

kathils01 said:
    I'll be watching this discussion because I have the same exact problem. :( No solution yet, but I play with it from time to time to see if I can figure it out on my own. So far, no luck.

Does it happen to you with all morphs, or just full body? Head/face morphs seem to come across just fine for me; at least, posing doesn't distort them. Touch any of the limbs, though, and Genesis turns into spaghetti.

edited December 1969

I've only done head/face morphs. The morph seems to come across fine, but once I apply it, as soon as I try to pose the figure I get... well... that /\

edited December 1969

Okay, came across this the other day, just tried it on two morphs and it worked on both. :D
    Try it and see if it works for you. Fingers crossed.

Apply your morph with the figure in the original pose. Select the figure, go to Edit > Figure > Rigging > Adjust Rigging to Shape
    No more Mr. Fantastic.

• SarraSarra Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

You are a rock star! That was the missing step! :D I was able to create new morphs that scale Genesis both up and down. WOOT! Behold, some hobbits and a Dunadan.

morphtest1.png
    994 x 878 - 483K
    edited December 1969

*happy dancing* Glad it worked for you as well. I was thrilled when I stumbled across it. :)