Tiny Welcome...

M1chaelFrankM1chaelFrank Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

A new image, a bit of a departure for me.
Sometimes you just have to go where the muse takes you...

Bryce7 Pro and Photoshop post-work.

Comments

• kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

Hello M1chael............I have seen your work before but, I just cannot remember where.

This is a beautiful little take....it reminds me of a Fairy Book style, most excellent. :coolsmile:

• M1chaelFrankM1chaelFrank Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

kylumi said:

Hello M1chael............I have seen your work before but, I just cannot remember where.

This is a beautiful little take....it reminds me of a Fairy Book style, most excellent. :coolsmile:

Thanks very much, I'm glad you like it!
    You can find my online portfolios here:

http://www.bluecanvas.com/michaelfrank
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/m1chaelfrank
    http://michaelf77.deviantart.com/

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Lovely as always Michael, if somewaht unusual for you. I wnt to see what or who is going to come out of the door.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Lovely as always Michael, if somewaht unusual for you. I wnt to see what or who is going to come out of the door.

Thank you! Most likely, it will be my little niece coming out of that door, with her matching tea set: this image is a replica of a little "fairy house" that she made for the garden. Every detail is rendered here, even down to the birdhouse and flower-boxes. Her room is like a shrine of purple, and this image is a test for a larger piece... right on time for her birthday.

• kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

I have just been browsing your artwork, I knew i had seen it before........it kinda leaves an imprint in your brain. lol

Wonderful stuff.

edited December 1969

Oh lovely.

When I do anything for my youngest Grandaughter it all has to be pink.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Oh lovely.

When I do anything for my youngest Grandaughter it all has to be pink.

Yep, you really can't argue with little girls... especially with the ones who firmly know what they want.

edited December 1969

A little bit further afield... you can still see the house in the distance. A foggy, dewy morning, perhaps.

TEA2z2.jpg
    600 x 764 - 177K
    edited December 1969

Or maybe something magic is happening.

Love the topiary.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Amazing every time Michael... but these latest ones are über-amazing!

With all that foliage for the viewers imagination to run wild in, it seems a shame to even talk about the nuts and bolts, but what sort of render times do you achieve with these?
    I presume you're rendering layers along with masks and comping them in a photo editor?

If I tried anything like that, I'd be looking at weeks just for the rendering.

edited December 1969

Amazing every time Michael... but these latest ones are über-amazing!

With all that foliage for the viewers imagination to run wild in, it seems a shame to even talk about the nuts and bolts, but what sort of render times do you achieve with these?
    I presume you're rendering layers along with masks and comping them in a photo editor?

If I tried anything like that, I'd be looking at weeks just for the rendering.

Thanks very much, I'm glad you like it!

I actually use a few different techniques when producing my images, and not always the same way each time. Masking is an option, for sure, and I've gone that route. People tend to forget (or overlook) that flat images or pieces can also be imported back into Bryce. And, seriously, nothing beats a good solid raw render, depending on complexity and size. You are correct in assuming that my renders are time-intensive. There are ways around that too, of course: choosing simpler materials, or rendering on a network. Many people assemble a scene with unique materials and multiple light sources, or volumetrics and transparent effects, only to be stymied as to why something should take so long to render! One has to look at the big picture before making that final decision, as any one of those details could lead to exponentially intensive render-times. I have no real trick to what I do, but I simplify as many steps as possible. Otherwise, I'd get nowhere fast. My average render times, cumulatively or raw, are 2-3 weeks for each image.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So happy to see you and your work again. I'm always awed by what you can do.

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

Awesome images, as usual!

• JayduskissJayduskiss Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What an amazing render, I like your style Michael. Did you build the content yourself?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    So happy to see you and your work again. I'm always awed by what you can do.

Many thanks, it's good to be back!

edited December 1969

Awesome images, as usual!

Thank you very much!

edited December 1969

What an amazing render, I like your style Michael. Did you build the content yourself?

Thanks very much, glad you like it. Yes, the content is all mine... every last blade of grass, every wisp of fog, every chill breath.... it's my pleasure to build my little world from the ground upward, from the inside out... like a ripple out from a dream, and back again; little tides of memory and recollection.

edited December 1969

Missing my M1chaelFrank fix. Have you done any more new ones yet.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Missing my M1chaelFrank fix. Have you done any more new ones yet.

Thanks so much for your note! I'm working diligently, now that I'm back from a much-needed vacation. I should have something soon... I won't keep you waiting long!

edited December 1969

Ah, that's nice to know, thankyou. Hope you had a good holiday.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Ah, that's nice to know, thankyou. Hope you had a good holiday.

I did, thanks very much! Thanks for asking. And I'll very much look forward to posting something for you.