SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553

carrie58 said:

Serene Night said:

So I picked up the CC Puck for Genesis 8.1 Males  figure and set. It includes some very nice wings, and some morphs such as the ears, and the jewelry. I fell back on the Torment/ CC Elandor figure combination which so far I like the most with elves, but if you want to render fairies this is a great looking set, and it blends well with everything. 

I used the Fairy Scale IBL Fairy Flower environments for the background.

ummm dude a mouse trap? you do have wings ya know ......

He was momentarily distracted?

edited June 2022

inquire said:

I haven't bought it yet. But I notice there's a "disguise" look, so it looks like a regular human, and it seems to come with a variety of skin colors.

Yes, there are a ton of morphs. The base Puck-Human  body is a thinner-looking male with a slightly elfin-baby face. His chin is a bit weak  (in profile) for my particular tastes, but the face is quite handsome and appealing and there are morphs for the chin, if you don't like it. I like the way the eyes look in particular.

There are included a fair *Spring*, medium *Fall* and dark *Summer* skin tone, as well as a blue skin tone which is *Winter* and a 'glow body' option. ( I am not fully sure what the glow option is for.)

There are also included presets with different Fae heads, using different options from the set. The winter Fae, for example, has cat-shaped iris and very long ears.

So can the textures just be used on a regular "human" and can you use skin colors so that it would be suitable for a black guy, a light skinned white guy, and deeper skinned white guy? Is it that flexible

The Summer, Spring, and Fall textures all seem within the scope of human skin colors, black, fair, or close to those

And how about the Puck bows and the anatomical hair: can you use them on any other G8 guy?

Brows and elements hair apply fine to G8M but use the unsupported figure fit. I like the style of the elements hair quite a bit. The brows are really nice too

And there are both male and female anatomical elements for all of the skin colors or seasonal base materials, such as spring, fall, etc. Did I read this correctly?

If all this is so, this character package does seem to offer a great deal.

Yes, there are. The anatomy is not majorly detailed, but it all matches. The female gens work and match as well. 

CC Puck Human:

puck.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 941K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

carrie58 said:

Serene Night said:

So I picked up the CC Puck for Genesis 8.1 Males  figure and set. It includes some very nice wings, and some morphs such as the ears, and the jewelry. I fell back on the Torment/ CC Elandor figure combination which so far I like the most with elves, but if you want to render fairies this is a great looking set, and it blends well with everything. 

I used the Fairy Scale IBL Fairy Flower environments for the background.

ummm dude a mouse trap? you do have wings ya know ......

Harsh! I cringe when I go through the mouse trap sections of stores. They are so ineffective too.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

Serene Night said:

inquire said:

I haven't bought it yet. But I notice there's a "disguise" look, so it looks like a regular human, and it seems to come with a variety of skin colors.

Yes, there are a ton of morphs. The base Puck-Human  body is a thinner-looking male with a slightly elfin-baby face. His chin is a bit weak  (in profile) for my particular tastes, but the face is quite handsome and appealing and there are morphs for the chin, if you don't like it. I like the way the eyes look in particular.

There are included a fair *Spring*, medium *Fall* and dark *Summer* skin tone, as well as a blue skin tone which is *Winter* and a 'glow body' option. ( I am not fully sure what the glow option is for.)

There are also included presets with different Fae heads, using different options from the set. The winter Fae, for example, has cat-shaped iris and very long ears.

So can the textures just be used on a regular "human" and can you use skin colors so that it would be suitable for a black guy, a light skinned white guy, and deeper skinned white guy? Is it that flexible

The Summer, Spring, and Fall textures all seem within the scope of human skin colors, black, fair, or close to those

And how about the Puck bows and the anatomical hair: can you use them on any other G8 guy?

Brows and elements hair apply fine to G8M but use the unsupported figure fit. I like the style of the elements hair quite a bit. The brows are really nice too

And there are both male and female anatomical elements for all of the skin colors or seasonal base materials, such as spring, fall, etc. Did I read this correctly?

Yes, there are. The anatomy is not majorly detailed, but it all matches. The female gens work and match as well. 

CC Puck Human:

Thank you for so much detail. Needless to say, I bought it.

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 2,975
    edited June 2022

Serene Night said:

( I am not fully sure what the glow option is for.)

Fun :D

This promo, the glowing little guy on the right:

It works well with bloom settings on, not so much with them off. Basically I did it for a promo idea, so I included the setup :D

Super glad y'all are enjoying him :D I've been trying to get VincentXyooj to get back to making boys for y'all (I got him to do the head and body morphs), so hopefully this will get him back in the mood for vendoring :D 

Post edited by ChangelingChick on
    edited June 2022

Oh, I like the idea of shrinking him down and making a tiny pixie out of the glowy version! I missed that promo for some reason, but it's cute.

Also approve of more men. Your characters are some of my favorites. =-)

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,240
    edited June 2022

I find I use https://www.daz3d.com/cc-acacios-for-torment-81 more than I use Torment who looks so muchlike Lucky Blue Smith that it is hard for me not to see it.  Puck and Acacios mix well too.  In any case, I have all the huys of ChangelingChick and VincentXyooj and could always use more.

Post edited by nemesis10 on

I really love CC Acacios. I too use him, and his skins all the times. Weirdly, I'm not so much into demons, but I do like the skins eyes, and other character bits.

• ChaosDrgnChaosDrgn Posts: 17

Didn't realize I had this in my queue from last night playing around. 8.1 Cheerlading Squad stuff on the 8.1 female.

Sample Cheer.jpg
    669 x 867 - 95K

@ChaosDrgn nice, that does seem to fit the female figure shape. 

edited June 2022

Serene Night said:

inquire said:

CC Puck Human:

You probably get tired of answering such questions but which hair product is that? 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

I believe it is this hair https://www.daz3d.com/martin-hair-for-genesis-8-males

I will double-check later when Iam in front of my computer 

I was correct, it is Martin hair.

I'm not able to upload pics right now. Will try again in a few.

Serene Night said:

I was correct, it is Martin hair.

thanks

So, still getting the 'uploading' error when I try to upload jpegs. I'm not sure if I am just cursed or if it is a problem with DAZ site.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

Serene Night said:

So, still getting the 'uploading' error when I try to upload jpegs. I'm not sure if I am just cursed or if it is a problem with DAZ site.

It seems to be a site problem. There is a thread on this issue. I can't upload either.

edited June 2022

So, been messing around with Hal to make some toon-style elves, and different types of lighting and shaders, to see what sort of cell-shaded effects I could make. 

The problem I see is with clothing and hair. The hair is sort of too realistic for this style. 

Here I tried with more linear style

Throuple.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M
    driwc.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 1M
    cartoonized.jpg
    1600 x 1800 - 1M
    cartoonized1.jpg
    1600 x 1800 - 1M
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 823

I've been lurking on your threads for a looong time and love all your different approaches, serious and fun, and postwork styles. And of course, I enjoy all the Boyd and Owen ones, and the more recent elf characters look great. This last set is really nice!! I actually like the way their hairs work too. Both the initial shading style and linear style look nice, but best of all are those faces, poses and expressions! Very cool!

I've put Hal on my wishlist. I should try starting with my other toons and see if I can reach something of a similar effect...

Oh! That's nice to hear! I like to hear people like my stuff. I have been trying to do toons with more of a cell-shading effect for all my characters, just because It's fun.

I just picked up some Iray hair shaders for toons, and I'm going to see if that helps.

I find the Manga Markers set has some nice 'toon eyes' And Hal's skin is very good. It also can be changed with various colors. Hal's eyebrows also work well. to 'toonify' the character.

Hal dialed in at 50 percent, and dialing out the characters at 50 percent tends to create a cute combination. 

edited June 2022

Here's another. I like the Ezra hair the middle elf is wearing but it's full dforce with few adjustments. So there is some clipping. 

Toon-elf-5.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M
    edited July 2022

M fashion Casual Outfit V.1  is really nice outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males. It is conforming and fits nicely on larger, muscular figures. It includes several color options. I really appreciate that it isn't dForce since I'm not a fan. 

It probably could use a foot pose for the shoes though. Will have to try some of the others I already own.

walk.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 2M
    edited July 2022

Owen and Boyd roast marshmallows in this apartment's funky fireplace. 

Neon-City.jpg
    1600 x 1244 - 2M
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 823

Serene Night said:

Oh! That's nice to hear! I like to hear people like my stuff. I have been trying to do toons with more of a cell-shading effect for all my characters, just because It's fun.

I just picked up some Iray hair shaders for toons, and I'm going to see if that helps.

I find the Manga Markers set has some nice 'toon eyes' And Hal's skin is very good. It also can be changed with various colors. Hal's eyebrows also work well. to 'toonify' the character.

Hal dialed in at 50 percent, and dialing out the characters at 50 percent tends to create a cute combination. 

Oh I meant to respond to this before now! blush Thanks for the tips for using Hal! Will make a note of that. I use Manga Markers often and love it - it's toon eyes are very handy. I sometimes use Hinky's Hair Salon Shaders for anime hair or just go with the ones in Manga Markers. Which are the toon hair shaders you picked up? The ones you used for the elf hairs look good too. 

Love the angle, lighting and Owen's look in the render with the fashion casual outfit!

@SapphireBlue The shaders I bought were FSL Toon Hair shaders. I didn't notice a significantly more toonier appearance it the hair, but it could be simply the styles that are more detailed than a lot of hair did not benefit from it. Thanks for the nice comments.

edited July 2022

SdeB made another great men's outfit, proving once again, that they are a master of men's wear. I just love the collar in this. There is also an included hat, and sweatshirt. It comes in lots of colors. I'd pick this one up, it is called Survet' Pack G8M

Survetoutfit.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 893K

Serene Night said:

SdeB made another great men's outfit, proving once again, that they are a master of men's wear. I just love the collar in this. There is also an included hat, and sweatshirt. It comes in lots of colors. I'd pick this one up, it is called Survet' Pack G8M

it does drape better than almost all clothing in the store

edited July 2022

So on the subject of new releases for Men, we have the FK Simplicity Chains set, which is a bunch of really cool piercings and jewelry. There is a male and female set, with both 'masculine' and 'feminine' looking charms. Truthfully, I sort of like the female set a bit better, since the male set has more of a goth look. But I tried it, and you can autofit the female ones to the male so I think you can use them interchangeably.

Evandri2.png
    1800 x 1350 - 3M
    edited July 2022

Owen and Boyd share a kiss.

45.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited July 2022

So on the subject of new releases for Men, this is a very old M4/Freak4 pose that I used Bone Minion on. It worked quite well to fit the pose to Owen and Boyd. 

I was slightly confused about this product, but Riversoft, explained what I needed to do and it worked really well. 

Kiss1345.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M