Twin Time

I'm getting deja vu about this, but I searched and didn't find anything.  Maybe, I talked to my sister about it.  At anyrate, I've been working on trying to figure this out all day long.

Okay for Twins:

1) If I want male twins, no problem.  I create a character and save and then save again.  I usually name them.  Whatever. 

2) If I want female twins, I do the same as #1.

The problem comes into play when I want male and female twins or even brother or sister for that matter.

I can swap skins with no problems, but for the life of me, I can't figure out the best way to make a female character to look just like the male character I made or vice versa.  From that point, I can make small changes to make them the same, but different.

So bottom line, I'd like to take a female base (genesis 8) and make them look just like the male base (genesis 8) I created.

Any tips?  Thanks.

Comments

• Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 292

Two ways that come to mind...

1) Follow this tutorial on transferring morphs from G8M to G8F.

2) UV Swap for Genesis 8.1 will allow you to use G8F texture maps on the G8M figure. Genesis 8 Cross-Figure Resource Kit will give G8M a feminine appearance, but still allow you to use all of G8M's morphs.  There is also Breast Control for Genesis 3 and 8 Males which will get a more control over the breast area.

Good luck!

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952

Write Idea said:

2) UV Swap for Genesis 8.1 will allow you to use G8F texture maps on the G8M figure. Genesis 8 Cross-Figure Resource Kit will give G8M a feminine appearance, but still allow you to use all of G8M's morphs.  There is also Breast Control for Genesis 3 and 8 Males which will get a more control over the breast area.

Good luck!

Thanks.  I'm going to give the tutorial a try.  I've used the transfer utility before for clothes, so at least I know part of it.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

One I know of is Catty 8.1.  Catty 8.1 | Daz 3D

nonesuch00 said:

One I know of is Catty 8.1.  Catty 8.1 | Daz 3D

Thanks, but not what I was looking for.  I can do female based characters with different anatomy, but was looking for a male based with different anatomy.  So for now, I have two female based characters, one decidedly female, and the other mostly male, as much as I can.

PerttiA said:

https://www.daz3d.com/august-81

thanks.  I hadn't seen this product before.

August was the other but could not remember the name, thanks.

• sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 497

There is also Raze and Clarity- a male and a female twin set. https://www.daz3d.com/clarity-and-raze-hd-for-genesis-8-female-and-male

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 631

An Idea could be:

Start shaping your character on Genesis 1 base and save it as character preset

Load a new Genesis, load the character preset, and then dial-in the base female shape. Save as character preset

Do the same with the base male shape.

Then create a new scene with boy/girl and transfer them to the Genesis generation you prefer (find tutorials on the forum to do it or use the specific plug-ins if you own them).

Once you have the characters in the wanted generations, you can go on shaping them furtherly as needed, but you'll have a common base for their look.

sunnyjei said:

There is also Raze and Clarity- a male and a female twin set. https://www.daz3d.com/clarity-and-raze-hd-for-genesis-8-female-and-male

cool. Thanks! And I like cyber punk too.  now to win the lottery.

nonesuch00 said:

August was the other but could not remember the name, thanks.

Thank you!  I'm old fashioned.  It's the thought that counts.  Still, to me anyway.

Ruthven said:

An Idea could be:

Start shaping your character on Genesis 1 base and save it as character preset

Load a new Genesis, load the character preset, and then dial-in the base female shape. Save as character preset

Do the same with the base male shape.

Then create a new scene with boy/girl and transfer them to the Genesis generation you prefer (find tutorials on the forum to do it or use the specific plug-ins if you own them).

Once you have the characters in the wanted generations, you can go on shaping them furtherly as needed, but you'll have a common base for their look.

I have some plugins so I'll try some different things.  I work on several different projects at once.  I'll probably get back to this one later today or tomorrow.  So for now, I have two females, which is fine, but I'd like a male.  That seems to be easier said than done.  

• UHFUHF Posts: 512

RazzleDazzle3D has a set of morphs for both male and female called Androgynous.  Just don't dial it right up.

sunnyjei said:

Missed those completely. They are good too.

• whispers65 said:

Write Idea said:

Good luck!

Thanks.  I'm going to give the tutorial a try.  I've used the transfer utility before for clothes, so at least I know part of it.

Here is a quick demo of those techniques plus un hiding the Hidden Cross Gender clone to aid in face shaping, Note that the male/female clone body comes along with it so if you use a lot, other body adjustments will be required. The first attachment is how to un-hide the Cross Gender clone included in DAZ (think FREE). The next file is a few screen caps of a quick setup WIP of making twins out of 3DU's Memphis and Gayll characters. Actually quite a bit of fun. TD

pdf
    pdf
    Transfer to Genesis Unhide.pdf
    pdf
    pdf
    3DU Twins.pdf
    1M
    Memphis and Gayll twin attempt.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 543K

UHF said:

RazzleDazzle3D has a set of morphs for both male and female called Androgynous.  Just don't dial it right up.

I'll look into it!  Thanks.

terry_duquette said:

whispers65 said:

Write Idea said:

Good luck!

Here is a quick demo of those techniques plus un hiding the Hidden Cross Gender clone to aid in face shaping, Note that the male/female clone body comes along with it so if you use a lot, other body adjustments will be required. The first attachment is how to un-hide the Cross Gender clone included in DAZ (think FREE). The next file is a few screen caps of a quick setup WIP of making twins out of 3DU's Memphis and Gayll characters. Actually quite a bit of fun. TD

Thank you so much!  What you did was way closer than I've been to so far.