SCI-FI Celebration

Comments

• junkjunk Posts: 1,224

Everyone just some amazing freaking art and video's going on!  Kudos to everyone!

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364

I'm doing more experiments with Steampunk Honey Bolt 

With bloom filter off

And my personal favorite which I uploaded

Although I realized the wood with fire might not look right. Shaders I used were from Woodworx, Metalworx, and in updated images Brickworx. I made the emission colors myself in Clip Studio and am still trying to get better. I might also adjust the eye glass to dampen the light too

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

Cortana and John

Cortana and John

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,301
    edited March 2022

I just recently found out about an A.I. art generator called Colab: Disco Diffusion by Google and have been having massive amounts of fun with it. I added two DAZ figures in this scene and sort of blended their look using Photoshop's Neural A.I. effects.  The tall robot figure in the back is The AntFarm's ReaperBot and there was a figure there that closely matched the look and feel I have there now - COOL!  The Mercury Ranger figure front, left was added just to test things out.  Not perfect, but overall I like it and it was a blast to make! 

DS_Jungle_Patroller_DD54b)_1_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 1M
    Post edited by Gogger on

Gogger said:

I just recently found out about an A.I. art generator called Colab: Disco Diffusion by Google and have been having massive amounts of fun with it. I added two DAZ figures in this scene and sort of blended their look using Photoshop's Neural A.I. effects.  The tall robot figure in the back is The AntFarm's ReaperBot and there was a figure there that closely matched the look and feel I have there now - COOL!  The Mercury Ranger figure front, left was added just to test things out.  Not perfect, but overall I like it and it was a blast to make! 

OH MAN!   That is way cool and now I want to play too!  Oh Man there's not enough time in life I swear. 

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,301
    edited March 2022

junk said:

...Oh Man there's not enough time in life I swear. 

You can say that again! I went ahead and bought Colab Pro subscription for $10 a month (SOOOO WORTH IT!!!) and have been rendering non-stop ever since. Be aware though, that you cannot render very large images - this was done at 1376x576  (anything larger pretty much errors out with an "Out of CUDA memory". You *CAN* install locally and run it and supposedly render larger images - I'm very tempted, but the directions to set up a local install assume you already are very familiar with installing Python and libraries and it gets a little muddly pretty quickly. I upscale x4 using Topaz Studio GigaPixel with acceptable results. I seriously need to check into the local install though as I prefer to render in my images native sizes of 1920x1200 and 3440x1400.

There are a couple Facewbook groups for sharing images and keyword 'recipes' - I can DM the URLs to you if you get serious about it.  It is nice that it runs in a browser window (might want to use Google Chrome, and I think you NEED to have Google Drive.} But it does NOT bog down your computer in any fashion what-so-ever this way and that is nice. I can still Photoshop and DAZ render all at the same time I Disco Diffusion (Colab Render).

What an age we live in!

One more with a DAZ rendered image (space ship on the right)

DS_Future_City_Night_43DD11v2_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1401 - 874K
    Post edited by Gogger on
    Gogger that is also off the charts amazing! I'm making it my mission to get this running locally ás I've coded in python but never AI based anything. Can't wait!

GRACE - The Kiss

Grace-The Kiss
    LINK TO THE GALLERY IMAGE HERE

This image is one of my submissions to the Daz3D Sci-Fi VDB contest.  I encourage all of you to watch a VDB tutorial and submit your fantastic works to the contest.

GRACE - May I Have This Dance
    Grace-May I Have This Dance
    LINK TO THE GALLERY IMAGE

My 3rd and final submission to the Sci-Fi VDB contest.  I picked a different song for this one as it was more appropriate.

junk said:

GRACE - May I Have This Dance
    Grace-May I Have This Dance

My 3rd and final submission to the Sci-Fi VDB contest.  I picked a different song for this one as it was more appropriate.

Good luck.  Your submissions all look great.

• csaacsaa Posts: 812
    edited April 2022

Work in progress but good enough to share ...

Cheers!

Sgt. Inez: Blast Shield | Daz assets and set up | Blender Eevee render | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

Post edited by csaa on

csaa said:

Work in progress but good enough to share ...

Cheers!

Sgt. Inez: Blast Shield | Daz assets and set up | Blender Eevee render | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

Nice NPR.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787

I've been away from Daz and rendering for some time now, but recently I got an urge to make some images... like this bit of fanart inspired by "The Murderbot Diaries" by Martha Wells.

"Murderbot" is what this particular bot-human construct calls itself. I used Genesis (original, no gender) and fitted DzFire's Cyborg M4, then re-created the outer plates as Supersuit opacity maps because I couldn't get them to lie right on the model's skin. That meant I had to start learning Blender so I could trace the cyborg plates onto the supersuit UVs in 3D. Then I used a similar technique to paint injuries onto a Genesis obj to make a transmap and added a geoshell with M4 Muscle Maps and Morphs under the skin (darkened a bit) to be exposed by missing skin. Poor Murderbot really just wants to watch media and repair in peace, but a human is about to interrupt it.

Murderbot in Repair Cubicle.png
    1382 x 1184 - 2M

Carrier Group

Carrier group.

MONSTER HUNTER
    Monster Hunter

Long winded story and assets used in the link above.  :)  

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364

For May 4th

I have a couple of alien renders too but will post them later

Ashley Williams ME: Tali' Zorah Vas Normandy

HALO: Elite

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited May 2022

Battlestar Galactica converted from Lightwave 3D meshes for DAZ Studio. Her cannons and flight pods are rigged to move. You can get her free at my new SciFi 3D blog.

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

I've been watching your progress in the Facebook group and was going to share your final update, but you just beat me to it.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

this years May the 4th  Starwars- Taiduo crossover (I know I'm too late to the party)

edited May 2022

Linwelly said:

this years May the 4th  Starwars- Taiduo crossover (I know I'm too late to the party)

At least you arrived and brought delicious desserts!  Nicely done my friend and cool crossover! 

Post edited by junk on

SPACE CRIMES - As Crooked as they Come

Long story and all assets used are in the link above if interested.

junk said:

SPACE CRIMES - As Crooked as they Come

Long story and all assets used are in the link above if interested.

Love these rensders.

Batman Crime Alley 2

Batman in Crime Alley.

nDelphi said:

Battlestar Galactica converted from Lightwave 3D meshes for DAZ Studio. Her cannons and flight pods are rigged to move. You can get her free at my new SciFi 3D blog.

Thank you. Been looking for a good BSG model.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,559

...well made it through all 36 pages. haven't been on this forum for a while. Ended up back here because an thread I had tagged years ago popped up in my notifications again.

Some really nice work here particularly the original pieces.. Alas, unfortuately ther were a lot of broken inage links as well.   I've done a fair amount of SF and Shadowrun themed works.in teh past, but the muse has been somewhat lacking part in thanks to a HD meltdown a while back and RL getting in the way  Paging throuhg this thread has  sort of rekindled a spark though. as sci fi has a lot of "sub genres" within it.

Here are a few oldies I've done.

what a view fina dofl.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    sylfie 2000.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 922K
    can I keep it.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    over here.jpg
    1800 x 821 - 790K
  • Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 167

Just finished this little piece. The Old Library set inspired me to let two worlds meet. 
    PS I'm a Librarian by trade, so I feel entitled to make a little funstuff in this alley :)

Eggs Actly said:

Just finished this little piece. The Old Library set inspired me to let two worlds meet. 
    PS I'm a Librarian by trade, so I feel entitled to make a little funstuff in this alley :)

Holy Wow!  Also neat to see that you are a librarian EA.   You should put the link to the image here so that others can comment and heart on the image.  

Thank you, junk - here comes the gallery link :)    https://gcdn.daz3d.com/gallery/image/1226426/1654506220/main.jpg

Gogger said:

It looks like Colab: Disco Diffusion is worth a look - it keeps popping up all around. And nice piece you made in this fusion with Daz yes