GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5! See why you should do it today!

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

What do you mean by Save user Metadata is it not there from the previous version?

It previously did not save your categories, and the store categories would overwrite your categories. This was new right before release, it didn't even make it into RC3. :)
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Real stupid question of paranoid ilk: if Genesis is upgraded to .duf, will it anyhow affect its ability to automagically load morphs created for the .dsf version? Like, custom morphs made in Hexagon?
    Note that most of the Morph packs in the store stopped working, even though the only changes to any of those were to add regions so they show up correctly in the shaping pane.

From the aspect of loading morphs there is no difference.

Did they stop working all together, or only if you use the shaping tab/pane?

edited December 1969

Real stupid question of paranoid ilk: if Genesis is upgraded to .duf, will it anyhow affect its ability to automagically load morphs created for the .dsf version? Like, custom morphs made in Hexagon?
    Note that most of the Morph packs in the store stopped working, even though the only changes to any of those were to add regions so they show up correctly in the shaping pane.

Did they stop working all together, or only if you use the shaping tab/pane?Morphs without regions don't show up in the Shaping pane. Many of the morphs in the store had the regions added so they show up properly in the shaping pane now. We aren't done with that update but the biggest offenders of the DAZ Originals have been fixed. The fix is ongoing. :)

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited August 2012

Bobvan said:

What do you mean by Save user Metadata is it not there from the previous version?

It previously did not save your categories, and the store categories would overwrite your categories. This was new right before release, it didn't even make it into RC3. :)

Edit the moprhs still show just not in the shaping tab got it but will be listed

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Thanks Go Figure for the great news about Animate2 :-) (And also Dimension3D's news about updating his plugin, yay!)

A few more questions then - is it okay to have Daz 4.5 and Daz Studio 3 Advanced on the same machine, or is that a bad idea? I have been contemplating deleting Studio 3 since I barely use it anymore, and possibly reinstalling the many files that are in that content folder to the My Library folder. Would this affect the speed of Daz 4.5 at all? Is it better to have more than one runtime, and have files divided across them? Thanks for any advice! Eager to get going with this new version. Thanks so much for your generosity in giving us this upgrade at no cost Daz! -Cathy

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Did they stop working all together, or only if you use the shaping tab/pane?Morphs without regions don't show up in the Shaping pane. Many of the morphs in the store had the regions added so they show up properly in the shaping pane now. We aren't done with that update but the biggest offenders of the DAZ Originals have been fixed. The fix is ongoing. :)

Okay, I don't use the shaping pane, preferring the parameters tab. So I can put re-installing morphs on low priority?

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

There was a save user metadata option so you could save your custom Metadata, however if you reloaded the store metadata it would overwrite your Metadata. Also the save previously did not save your categories, if you were reimporting metadata.

Those now work better in 4.5.

reimport.jpg
    579 x 775 - 142K
    metadatamaintenance.jpg
    286 x 260 - 45K
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Bobvan said:

Moprhs dont work ?? I think I will stay with 4.37 for nowMorphs work, I was saying that saving your Metadata is now easier and it will maintain your categories, where it previously wouldn't.

Morphs work just fine, and with content updates, to many morph packs, they show up in the Shaping pane as well as the parameters pane.

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

There was a save user metadata option so you could save your custom Metadata, however if you reloaded the store metadata it would overwrite your Metadata. Also the save previously did not save your categories, if you were reimporting metadata.

So would I export it from 4.37 before the new install I have to a bit anyhoo im a Reality user... Is this only if one created custom categories?

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Bobvan said:

So would I export it from 4.37 before the new install I have to a bit anyhoo im a Reality user... Is this only if one created custom categories?Export from 4.5 before importing new Metadata. Yes this is only for those that created custom categories or custom metadata.

edited December 1969

Did they stop working all together, or only if you use the shaping tab/pane?BTL edited his post. Stopped showing up in the shaping pane is correct, they still worked.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

I can't get to My Account all of a sudden, I get an endless log-in loop on Opera. :-S

edited December 1969

Cathy_Mod said:
    Thanks Go Figure for the great news about Animate2 :-) (And also Dimension3D's news about updating his plugin, yay!)

A few more questions then - is it okay to have Daz 4.5 and Daz Studio 3 Advanced on the same machine, or is that a bad idea? I have been contemplating deleting Studio 3 since I barely use it anymore, and possibly reinstalling the many files that are in that content folder to the My Library folder. Would this affect the speed of Daz 4.5 at all? Is it better to have more than one runtime, and have files divided across them? Thanks for any advice! Eager to get going with this new version. Thanks so much for your generosity in giving us this upgrade at no cost Daz! -Cathy

DS 3 and 4.5 on the same machine do not interfere with each other.

DS is faster with one runtime instead of multiple runtimes but works well either way. One of the benefits of Metadata is you no longer need multiple runtimes to divide things out. (Once metadata is set up for your content. :) )

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Bobvan said:

So would I export it from 4.37 before the new install I have to a bit anyhoo im a Reality user... Is this only if one created custom categories?Export from 4.5 before importing new Metadata. Yes this is only for those that created custom categories or custom metadata.

I dont so no biggie but thanks for taking the time sounds like shoe conversion still does not work right why is it so hard to fix?

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    I can't get to My Account all of a sudden, I get an endless log-in loop on Opera. :-S

Try this. In your browser, select Shop, now log Out, Then log back in and you should be up and going.

Give it a try.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited December 1969

ReDave said:

You have to wait until the matinee :lol:

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

I dont so no biggie but thanks for taking the time sounds like shoe conversion still does not work right why is it so hard to fix?

Because the zeroed point for the feet is different for Genesis than Mil 4. Note that the positions for Mil 3 and genesis are closer so Mil 3 footwear is closer. Also note that feet and gloves are extremely complex so automated conversion rarely works in the first place. (For example both Wardrobe Wizard and CrossDresser have significant issues with both shoes and gloves as well.)

Automated conversion will never be as good as clothing designed for the figure in the first place.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

ok before I pull the trigger is this going to kill my categories?

Install the Software before you install the content.
    Run DS, but don't import Metadata.
    SAVE your user metadata.
    Shut down DS and install the new content.
    Start DS and check the boxes to import the metadata, to include the USER metadata and allow the user metadata to overwrite. (Check box at the bottom.)

Your categories should be preserved. Before this build there was no way to save your categories, now there is.

If I've categorized the default content in my own categories as well as the default categories, will those be preserved? I assume I'll lose ones which are now .duf rather than .dsf.

edited December 1969

ok before I pull the trigger is this going to kill my categories?

Install the Software before you install the content.
    Run DS, but don't import Metadata.
    SAVE your user metadata.
    Shut down DS and install the new content.
    Start DS and check the boxes to import the metadata, to include the USER metadata and allow the user metadata to overwrite. (Check box at the bottom.)

Your categories should be preserved. Before this build there was no way to save your categories, now there is.

If I've categorized the default content in my own categories as well as the default categories, will those be preserved? I assume I'll lose ones which are now .duf rather than .dsf.If you follow my order of things, you are correct.

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

Because the zeroed point for the feet is different for Genesis than Mil 4. Note that the positions for Mil 3 and genesis are closer so Mil 3 footwear is closer. Also note that feet and gloves are extremely complex so automated conversion rarely works in the first place. (For example both Wardrobe Wizard and CrossDresser have significant issues with both shoes and gloves as well.)

Automated conversion will never be as good as clothing designed for the figure in the first place.

Problem vendors know there is low volume of shoes so they charge 10 to 12 dollars a pair a page back or so I posted a render showing that some boots are manageable with morphs transferred. Some shoes do work also and I have a decent collection of genesis compatible shoes now.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

should I reset the DAZ Studio Pro Upgrade or DAZ Studio Pro in the Itemized Order History?

PS: You guys should answer Jepe's questions about the Area Lights rather than ignore him.. he's a good merchant here... not cool! :coolmad:

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    Maybe I'm just a bit slow, but why is there just a link to the store under "Shaders/Plugins" in the opening post? Does that mean that the products in this category still need to be updated to work with DS4.5? That they have been updated and need to be reinstalled? That they keep working with DS4.5 and don't need updates? Or is it just a general information, that DAZ is also selling Plugins and Shaders for their products?

A link without any comment isn't really all that specific.

I'd like a more definitive description here myself. I just bought Gemicologica 3 days ago, do I need it reset today, or is it good to go?

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

There have been so many update for software and genesis figures clothing etc.

I have been updating DS (last was RC3)

and I have had various genesis problems mostly with duplicate file errors etc.

SO I have not upgraded my genesis content.

Is there a list of updated genesis files for DS 4.5? I have almost all the genesis stuff from daz and a whole bunch of other things.

Should I just reset ALL my genesis content and redownload and install everthing?

What about all of our old content has that been updated too?

Is there an auto install feature now (I heard something about that long ago...)

Maybe just blow away my entire runtime (all the thousands of files...)

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    should I reset the DAZ Studio Pro Upgrade or DAZ Studio Pro in the Itemized Order History?

PS: You guys should answer Jepe's questions about the Area Lights rather than ignore him.. he's a good merchant here... not cool! :coolmad:

He filed a bug report, and it is being looked at :) No point clogging this and Mantis up.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

He is not being ignored, we are looking at it, for an answer and a solution. I am sure a real answer would be preferable.
    edited December 1969

Ameesa said:
    I just bought Gemicologica 3 days ago, do I need it reset today, or is it good to go?

It has been tested, and good to go I'm told.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

OK then my question ..... Upgrade or regular reset .. I have both and both say Studio 4 Pro

• MartialMartial Posts: 404
    edited December 1969

Can someone verify if scenes saved in version 4 still loading in 4,5 ?
    If yes i give a try to the new version
    Can just installed version 4,5 over my version 4 folder ?

Thanks

edited December 1969

@RAMWolf: a reset should do it, and there should be version numbers I think.

@Martial: Scenes saved in 4.0.3 will load in 4.5, and you can just install it. It will uninstall the current version.

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited August 2012

RAMWolff said:
    OK then my question ..... Upgrade or regular reset .. I have both and both say Studio 4 Pro

I reset my upgrade pro (the one I bought) Not sure if it makes a big difference but the paid version has the decimator plug in (not that I ever use it...)

Then when I reset it had both daz 4.0 reset and 4.5 the 4.5 version is marked but you have to read the fine print on the file. It reads for example -

3D Photoshop Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5.x 64-bit - exe - pc

but the version numner is in small blue text.

Post edited by namrettek on