Metadata tutorial - Adding new items to your smart content

2»

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

You shouldn't need to create a new product, is your database working otherwise?

• You shouldn't need to create a new product, is your database working otherwise?

The database is working like a charm, I haven't noticed anything wrong with it apart from this behavior. Although I did have some issues with products which were installed through DIM yet not recognized by Daz Connect. But I managed to resolve that by using the DB maintenance options consolidate & re-import meta data (reading the documentation on the public beta I guess the first option didn't do much, considering that it has been removed).

So in the mean time I've installed the public build (4.9.1.25) and guess what? It behaved exactly as normal: I could once again apply catagories to individual files and assign their meta data (file type). I then switched back to the current stable version and all changes retained. Better yet: assigning file types to my own sceneries is now also working again from within the stable version.

I have no idea what happened, but right now I'm really assuming that I suffered from some kind of glitch.

• Works fine for me in 4.9, so this looks like something you shoud open a Support ticket about.

• Just wanted to ask...if I want to create metadata for a figure for M4...

I would add M4 to the scene and select him, then can I just drag all the icons that apply textures into the materials category. Or do you have to apply each one before you can drag the icon over. And what about the ones that apply the morphs. Is having the figure selected enough?

And for a shirt, you would have it selected in the scene and you can drag all the different materials over. (Does M4 need to be selected along with the shirt so that it will show up when might is selected?

I would like to have all my characters available in the Smart Content. I forget about a lot of them with them buried in the Content library.

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

No thats not working this way

No need To Add M4

For stuff that is compatible to M4 (e.g. Wardrobe Items, Skin Materials, etc.) you just use M4 as Cimoatabikity Base in the Metadata Editor.

If you have Marerials or other stuff that only applies to a new Item you need to create a new compatibility base first. For that you need to move this item into the scene (as schown in secon post)

I am going to show this in detail in a second video soon...

• Thanks, Renomista. I will look forward to you video. I hope you come back to this thread and let us know when it is done.

• CherubitCherubit Posts: 982
    Renomista said:

No thats not working this way

No need To Add M4

For stuff that is compatible to M4 (e.g. Wardrobe Items, Skin Materials, etc.) you just use M4 as Cimoatabikity Base in the Metadata Editor.

If you have Marerials or other stuff that only applies to a new Item you need to create a new compatibility base first. For that you need to move this item into the scene (as schown in secon post)

I am going to show this in detail in a second video soon...

Hum, I'm sorry... but... I'm trying to do that with a V4 hair and it doesn't seem to be able to create metadata then I saw your answer about M4... What is a Cimotabikity and how to do that? :( I'm super lost...

• Compatibility, I think

• Dude, you ROCK!!!! 

This is one of the best written tutorials I've seen.  Everything is clear and having the illustrations just makes it better.  I have to go looking around and see what else you've written

Thank You.

• Note that the current version of DAZ Studio (4.6.3.52) now allows the sue of drag-and-drop from the Content Library to Smart Content. If there's a figure (defined as a compatibility base) loaded and selected the new content will be set to be compatible with that.

Hi Richard, is there documentation on that somewhere? 

• Bonjour
    J'ai DAZ3D version 4.20 et j'ai du mal à m'y retrouvé les copies d'écran qui figurent dans vos explications ne correspondant absolument pas à ce que j'ai moi à l'écran.

Mais j'ai aussi une petite question. Peut-on appliquer la creation des metadatas après avoir utiliser Content Package Assist?
    Je m'explique : J'achète un asset chez Renderosity, bien sûr il ne s'installe pas avec DIM. J'utilise donc Content Package Assist qui me crée un fichier IMxxxxxxxx-01 et je peux ensuite l'installer et le désinstaller sans problème avec DIM.
    Est-ce qu'une fois installé, je peux appliquer ce qui figure dans votre tutoriel.

Cette question en entraîne une autre. Est-il possible de sauvegarder ces metadonnées et de les incorporer dans mon fichier IMxxxxxxxx-01?

Hello
    I have DAZ3D version 4.20 and I have trouble finding my way around the screenshots in your explanations, which do not correspond at all to what I have on the screen.

But I also have a small question. Can we apply the creation of metadatas after using Content Package Assist?
    I buy an asset from Renderosity, of course it doesn't install with DIM. So I use Content Package Assist which creates an IMxxxxxxxx-01 file for me and then I can install and uninstall it without any problem with DIM.
    Once installed, can I apply what is in your tutorial.

This question leads to another one. Is it possible to save this metadata and incorporate it into my IMxxxxxxxx-01 file?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

metadata.jpg
    1463 x 1166 - 288K
  • Tiberium30500Tiberium30500 Posts: 15
    edited May 2022

Copie des 2 index que j'ai une fois que j'ai fait un clic droit sur bibliothèque de contenu 

Copy of the 2 indexes I have once I right click on content library

Capture d’écran (7).png
    1246 x 991 - 68K
    Capture d’écran (8).png
    1243 x 990 - 39K
    Post edited by Tiberium30500 on