Carrara Challenge #62 "Clowns and Other Circus Stuff" -

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited May 2022

Finding Bozo

A Clownfish quest. :)

Bozo is M3.  Other products were new to me in this Challenge.  The clownfish and vegetation are from Ocean Wonders, discussed previously.  The diving suit and hat, (both heavily retextured) and bubbles are from Deepsea Diver at Rendo.   The helmet globe is a Carrara primitive sphere modified by using Sparrowhawk's Edge Falloff shader.

No postwork.

Finding Bozo.png
    1800 x 1200 - 3M
    Finding Bozo Carrara setup.JPG
    1652 x 1011 - 218K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Headwax said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

can you copy paste an ? at least from elswhere?

or use character map 

hey thanks yes I thought of copy and paste but was having so much fun typing quetsion mark and capital b :) But I have dosicovered the onscreen keyboard and now I can type BBB all day .... !3/? and even a ? :) or two

oh silly me, I use that with my wireless mouse watching Youtube videos on my TV  all the time 

ah people can call you anything but silly Wendy, you'd have to be one of the most intelligent people I know

UnifiedBrain said:

Finding Bozo

A Clownfish quest. :)

Bozo is M3.  Other products were new to me in this Challenge.  The clownfish and vegetation are from Ocean Wonders, discussed previously.  The diving suit and hat, (both heavily retextured) and bubbles are from Deepsea Diver at Rendo.   The helmet globe is a Carrara primitive sphere modified by using Sparrowhawk's Edge Falloff shader.

No postwork.

another br8illiant image, that falloff shader works really well, love the concept and execution - thanks for the headsup on thiose products - maybe we can do an underwater theme one time - Dart's product is superb too .

UnifiedBrain said:

Headwax said:

"Z Troop"

If you remember the comedy "F-Troop" (question mark).

Well these clowns aren it.

This originally had a thought bubble coming out of the background character's head which read "

Какого хрена мы здесь делаем (question mark)

(Capitalb)ut I took it out because I didn;t want to make the image political.

It's a pita not being able to type Capitalb or question mark.

Ps couldnt figure out what year it was

Great clown face, composition and sentiment.  And great non-caption. :)  It is also an effective use of the surface replicator, although some guns appear to be poking through some hands.

Really enjoying this Challenge, thanks for suggesting it. yes

thanks yes I'm enjoying it too - many facetted approaches here = 

thanks for pointing out the poke throughs - yes at least one trooper's souls are buried in the ground as well - oops 'soles'

Diomede said:  Welcome to the party, ed3D.  I missed the cube challenge.  Looks like it would have been fun.

double that @ed3D looking forward to your work as always!

Diomede said:

Welcome to the party, ed3D.  I missed the cube challenge.  Looks like it would have been fun.

Thanks for the comments, UB and Headwax.

Here is another circus asset.  Every circus needs some trick horse riders.  I took a horse I modeled for a previous challenge and modeled some circus gear.  New Bridle, blanket, saddle, reins, head plume.  The colorful head plume is made with Carrara hair.  I am still deciding whether to go back and use Carrara dynamic hair for the horse mane and tail.  I had converted the old hair to OBj using Philemo's plugin for the previous challenge.  If I use Carrara hair for the toon human models, it might make sense to use Carrara dynamic hair for the horse mane/tail as well.

wonderul again @Diomede. The really interesting thing is how you keep a consistent style across your work.

You'll have to give us  some advice in how to weight paint in Carrara and adjust  fall off zones 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

Headwax said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Headwax said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

can you copy paste an ? at least from elswhere?

or use character map 

hey thanks yes I thought of copy and paste but was having so much fun typing quetsion mark and capital b :) But I have dosicovered the onscreen keyboard and now I can type BBB all day .... !3/? and even a ? :) or two

oh silly me, I use that with my wireless mouse watching Youtube videos on my TV  all the time 

ah people can call you anything but silly Wendy, you'd have to be one of the most intelligent people I know

I am surrounded by fools too so know how that feels wink 

there are smart ones out there but they run away when approached

because ... smart cheeky

this forum full of brain bonfires next to my candle though as is evident in this thread with all the wonderful modelling heart

@WendyLovesCats said

this forum full of brain bonfires next to my candle though as is evident in this thread with all the wonderful modelling heart

wow you should write literature with similies like that  

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited May 2022

as wendy posted @diomede I love what you've done so far with your characters ... awesomely wacky heartyes

@headwax Z troop haha love it 

When drilling and fighting get them down,
    They know their morale can't droop.
    As long as they all relax in town
    Before they resume with a bang and a boom
    Z Troop.

I think I found Nemo...  all grown up .. and Nemo found Bozo laugh

I modelled a clown from my body found in the Wacky modelling thread for all to download..

and then put him in this render... all in the scene I modelled in Carrara and I also used Carrara's fire for the hoop.

Shooting Zeds

Shooting Zeds.png
    900 x 675 - 911K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

as wendy posted @diomede I love what you've done so far with your characters ... awesomely wacky heartyes

@headwax Z troop haha love it 

When drilling and fighting get them down,
    They know their morale can't droop.
    As long as they all relax in town
    Before they resume with a bang and a boom
    Z Troop.

I think I found Nemo...  all grown up .. and Nemo found Bozo laugh

I modelled a clown from my body found in the Wacky modelling thread for all to download..

and then put him in this render... all in the scene I modelled in Carrara and I also used Carrara's fire for the hoop.

Shooting Zeds

ha ha Stezza, brilliant on so many levels, it too me two goes to get the z connection. I though they were sleep 'z's .

tha tank and the clown are perfect

thanks fior the figure too!

Stezza oh what a great menagerie in your objects folder too 

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

Headwax said:

Diomede said:  Welcome to the party, ed3D.  I missed the cube challenge.  Looks like it would have been fun.

double that @ed3D looking forward to your work as always!

~  alrite then , Thanx kindly /   

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,021
    edited May 2022

UB - Finding Bozo.  Clever idea.  Love the color choices.  The bubbles are a good touch.  

Stezza - Shooting Zeds - I am always impressed with the creativity and speed of your modeling.  Inspired image.  BBQ lamb.  Yum.

Another circus asset.  What would an old time circus be without elephants?  Still need to make some decisions about the face.  Tusks?  or no tusks?  The elephant is UVMapped but not boned.  I applied the simple elephant skin texture that comes with Carrara.  I have one more animal asset I want to make, a bear. 

cc01 elephant model.jpg
    1450 x 975 - 213K
    cc02 elephant model.jpg
    800 x 600 - 21K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,523

Headwax - Z-Troop hits the spot !!!

Diomede - lovely Horse & Elephant !!!

UB - love the take on the human being in the glass bowl and the fish watching !!!

Stezza - fried Lamb - yummy !!!

ed3D - bring on those renders !!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,021

Bunyip - thank you for the comment.

I have asked for general resources for animations in an external thread.  See here.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/566366/request-for-animation-tips-and-resources#latest

edited May 2022

Bunyip02 said:

Headwax said:  double that @ed3D looking forward to your work as always!

Yeah ,  thanx  and  i are workin'"  it   ~ 

_   example of the Cube Challeng ( to use cubes in scenes )

Title :  the Invention of Cooking 

INVENT_COOK-1ABF.png
    1280 x 720 - 345K
    Post edited by ed3D on

Thanks HW, Diomede and Stezza for the comments.

Bunyip02 said:

UB - love the take on the human being in the glass bowl and the fish watching !!!

Thanks!  Honestly, I didn't even think of it from that angle.  Kind of like the apes observing the humans in the cages in Planet of the Apes.

The mind reels.  We could do a whole Challenge on circus animals training the humans. :)

Diomede said:

UB - Finding Bozo.  Clever idea.  Love the color choices.  The bubbles are a good touch.  

Stezza - Shooting Zeds - I am always impressed with the creativity and speed of your modeling.  Inspired image.  BBQ lamb.  Yum.

Another circus asset.  What would an old time circus be without elephants?  Still need to make some decisions about the face.  Tusks?  or no tusks?  The elephant is UVMapped but not boned.  I applied the simple elephant skin texture that comes with Carrara.  I have one more animal asset I want to make, a bear. 

go Diomede go!! No tusks is better because it's more cartoon like and kid friendly perhaps??

great model :)

Bunyip02 said:

Headwax - Z-Troop hits the spot !!!

Diomede - lovely Horse & Elephant !!!

Stezza - fried Lamb - yummy !!!

ed3D_659128 said:

Bunyip02 said:

Yeah ,  thanx  and  i is workin'"  it   ~ 

beaut looking barbecue too!!!!

edited May 2022

LoRenzo after a Mac Attack! 

not an entry 'cause I forgot to save the scene cool Wacky me!

Mac Attack.png
    800 x 600 - 820K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

LoRenzo after a Mac Attack! 

not an entry 'cause I forgot to save the scene cool Wacky me!

heh, I hope predatron sends you Chrissie cards - nice work - love the pose and the broken bits of buildings!

edited May 2022

Here's a wip animation from me - just a bunch of sillyness with an unreliable narrator 

low res I'm sorry

I did the walk design in poser on a plain m4

brought it into carrara

saved it as a nla clip 

bought the clown figure in and applied the Nla clip to the clown

I tried to save a bvh file using Fenricks' exporter but it kept telling me I didnt have a skeleton selected

the rest of it is keyframed

(378) ClownWIPCarraraChallenge - YouTube

Post edited by Headwax on

Very clever and creative HW.  Excellent use of music, sound effects, and movement. 

In terms of animation it may be considered somewhat simple, but for me at least, the whole was much greater than the sum of its parts.

It was the most fun Carrara animation I have seen in a long time. yes

Headwax said:

ed3D_659128 said:

Bunyip02 said:

Yeah ,  thanx  and  i is workin'"  it   ~ 

beaut looking barbecue too!!!!

~  Yeahp , made with Blender 2.79b  _  in a coupl houres in the Middl of Nite Before the last Day ( did'nt think of Grill til then ) 

no stand _  not made Yet ,  have supposed to add one   Big Thanx , to all ( giggles )

and Nilla Wafers too (  yeh , the cookies ) 

edited May 2022

ed3D said:   N/A  

Post edited by ed3D on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited May 2022

NFCs

non funny clowns are dropping, a rareity for fools

not an entry cheeky

NFCs.png
    5000 x 1080 - 5M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

NFCs

not an entry cheeky

Clever and well-done!  For some reason, the color choices in particular just worked for me.

Headwax said:

Here's a wip animation from me - just a bunch of sillyness with an unreliable narrator 

low res I'm sorry

I did the walk design in poser on a plain m4

brought it into carrara

saved it as a nla clip 

bought the clown figure in and applied the Nla clip to the clown

I tried to save a bvh file using Fenricks' exporter but it kept telling me I didnt have a skeleton selected

the rest of it is keyframed

(378) ClownWIPCarraraChallenge - YouTube

wow... this is why I don't do animations laugh

I have no idea on what or where to start ... so I just watch what you Carrarians do and admire yes 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

NFCs

not an entry cheeky

that's a shame.... it's great heartyes