Carrara Challenge #62 "Clowns and Other Circus Stuff" -

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922

Stezza said:

Opt In

using G1 and clown suit retextured and used Carrara Earth and I modelled the crown hat & phone, and brushes for smoke & fireworks in PSE22

now why does that remind me of Johnny Depp :)

where do I collect my billion by the way ? ;)

edited April 2022

spent a while designing the characters , now I have to put them in a scene

the two outside ones are mainly m4 bodies morphed without vraiment - bar the shoes (by Varsel)  and the collar things (cybertenko in the main) - and the round stick on nose - and the mad hatter hat ////

the bright colours are carrara procedural shaders

the first image is with a little toon pro 111 (Carrara's native one) 

Untitled-1.jpg
    2379 x 1440 - 1M
    Doc3.jpg
    2667 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by Headwax on
    edited April 2022

Clowns Sans Frontears/Clowns to The rescue

Untitled2smaller1.jpg
    3000 x 2339 - 6M
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited April 2022

Headwax - amazing characters.  time well spent.  so glad to have clowns without frontiers to come to the rescue.  Tremendous.

Thanks for the comment on my clown model.  Many times, the joy I get from the challenges is the journey and not the final image.  This is one of those times.  I took the next steps.  The clown is now UVMapped and boned.  Hopefully, my next work in progress will be improving on the shaders, which at the moment are flat colors by shading domain.  I think I will try the 3D paint tool for the facial makeup.

cc02 boned and posed.jpg
    1291 x 918 - 183K
    cc01 uvmap the clown.jpg
    1570 x 949 - 275K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,790
    edited April 2022

used Comic Life to use the images rendered in Carrara.... laugh

the Bloc.png
    1240 x 1754 - 3M
    clown1.png
    800 x 600 - 296K
    clown2.png
    800 x 600 - 341K
    Beetlejuice.png
    800 x 600 - 843K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Diomede said:

Headwax - amazing characters.  time well spent.  so glad to have clowns without frontiers to come to the rescue.  Tremendous.

Thanks for the comment on my clown model.  Many times, the joy I get from the challenges is the journey and not the final image.  This is one of those times.  I took the next steps.  The clown is now UVMapped and boned.  Hopefully, my next work in progress will be improving on the shaders, which at the moment are flat colors by shading domain.  I think I will try the 3D paint tool for the facial makeup.

thank you Ted, yes the joy is often in the journey rather than the destination ,

great job on the unvees and boning - looking forward to the face painT

!

Stezza said:

used Comic Life to use the images rendered in Carrara.... laugh

truly scarey Stezza, you know what they say about clowns that play with fire? They end up burning the house down ;)

edited April 2022

Ode to Z

When you're down in troubles

And you need some love and care

And nothing, nothing is going right

Close your eyes and think of us

And soon we will be there

To brighten up even your darkest night

Adapted from Carole King ("You've got a friend" 1971)

amanandhisadvisers.jpg
    3000 x 4219 - 6M
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,784

heartlaugh love them both

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,614

Stezza - love the Billions one !!!

Headwax - you are getting plenty of mileage from those clowns, long table is my fave !!!

Diomede - impressive modelling skills you have !!! Looking forward to where your journey takes you !

Wendy got time for a not an entry ?

edited April 2022

Arms Dealers Incorporated

WIP

Render

CC62 ArmsDelaerInc 1 WIP.png
    2285 x 1029 - 604K
    CC62 ArmsDelaerInc 1.png
    1600 x 820 - 561K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited April 2022

All - loving all these themes, forum regulars.  Carrara will express!

Stezza - wonderful comic.  Scary clown character.  Energetic comic layout.  Funny.

Headwax - Carole King adapted equals excellence.  Z placement is cool.  Happens that I am deep in another mark of Z, the 12 chapter Republic serial Zorro Rides Again (1937) starring John Carroll, Duncan Reynaldo and Noah Beeery.  Timeless messages in entertainment.

Bunyip - Speaking of timeless messages in entertainment, the almighty dollar sign is right up there with Bob Ross's almighty brush.  Love the expressiveness of the pose.

edited April 2022

Here is my next step, using the 3D paint tool to create the face paint for the clown.  I am so far behind y'all.  But, will continue plodding along.  NOTE - I saved the face paint out as a PNG file but Carrara gave me an unexplained error when I started a new file and loaded the new texture map to the face and lips shader domains.  I was able to work around the problem by loading the png in an image editor and then saving as jpg.  Seems strange that Carrara has trouble loading an image created and saved by Carrara, but the fix was easy enough.

dd02 face paint.jpg
    1902 x 964 - 226K
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Thanks for the good words, Bunyip and Stezza.

Stezza said:

all the titles have been taken already... waow, quick as!

great image @UnifiedBrain as usual .... I was going to use that title for mine... I still might as it's the clown thing to do..

Feel free to use that title.  For that matter, we could call this Challenge "Send In The Clowns," and we would all come up with something totally different.

Looks like this theme is popular, as the thread has erupted with creative clown images.  Sorry for the impersonal "well done everyone," but that is all I have time for at the moment.  Hopefully can do individual comments later.

edited April 2022

Clownfish

WIP

Render

CC62 Clownfish 1 WIP.png
    2276 x 1038 - 1M
    CC62 Clownfish 1.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    edited April 2022

Clownfish Take 2

WIP

Render

CC62 Clownfish Take2 1 WIP.png
    2713 x 1031 - 953K
    CC62 Clownfish Take2 1.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M

WendyLuvsCatz said:

heartlaugh love them both

that's because you have taste and style :) :)

Bunyip02 said:

Arms Dealers Incorporated

WIP

Render

Thanks for the kind comment .

Ah the beauty of money - it's like a james bond add!!

Diomede said:

Here is my next step, using the 3D paint tool to create the face paint for the clown.  I am so far behind y'all.  But, will continue plodding along.  NOTE - I saved the face paint out as a PNG file but Carrara gave me an unexplained error when I started a new file and loaded the new texture map to the face and lips shader domains.  I was able to work around the problem by loading the png in an image editor and then saving as jpg.  Seems strange that Carrara has trouble loading an image created and saved by Carrara, but the fix was easy enough.

Great job on the face - it's terrific to see Carrara being used ashe was intended. All those hidden corners waiting to be explored

Bunyip02 said:

Clownfish

WIP

Render

nice bit of lateral thinking - would never have thought of that!!

Bunyip02 said:

Clownfish

WIP

Render

nice bit of lateral thinking - would never have thought of that!!

Appreciate the comment, Headwax.  Yes, I am going to try to do an animation with my own figures.  We shall see.

Bunyip - Great idea for the clownfish. I would never have thought of it, either.  Like how you have the hair floating.

edited April 2022

I am still inching along.  Here is a second clown model.  Slapstick is often better with at least two performers.  Going for the classic one-thin and one-pudgy performance team, from Laurel and Hardy to Abbott and Costello.  The second clown is modeled from the same base as the first, but not done as a morph.  They are each stand alone figures with their own uvmaps.  I have not boned or done the face paint for the second clown yet.  I will start with the same skeleton as the first and it will be a matter of lengthening and adjusting some bones, but the basics will remain the same.

ee01 second clown.jpg
    800 x 600 - 37K

Diomede said:

I am still inching along.  Here is a second clown model.  Slapstick is often better with at least two performers.  Going for the classic one-thin and one-pudgy performance team, from Laurel and Hardy to Abbott and Costello.  The second clown is modeled from the same base as the first, but not done as a morph.  They are each stand alone figures with their own uvmaps.  I have not boned or done the face paint for the second clown yet.  I will start with the same skeleton as the first and it will be a matter of lengthening and adjusting some bones, but the basics will remain the same.

Making progress !!!

Bunyip02 said:

Clownfish

WIP

Well, you beat me to it. :)  I assume that you checked Daz for clown assets, and this turned up as something that you owned.  That's how i discovered it.  Pretty much nothing else turned up for me, as I apparently haven't collected any clown stuff.  Fortunately, we have Carrara to either make or adjust other stuff to create clown gear.

Nice render.  I hope to do a clownfish render myself.  Too many ideas, too little time.

edited April 2022

Stezza said:

Used Harpet the clown and G2 with a retextured suit.

Send in the Clowns

Odd but striking render.  Harpert has gotta be the best 3D clown product.  So emotive, although you didn't use his face.  Still, killer shoes. :)

I hope to make a similar looking character using M3 morphs.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

Headwax said:

Ode to Z

Wow, that is a long table! :)  Cool render, and creative clowns.  Those colors really shock the eye.

Diomede said:

Thanks for the comment on my clown model.  Many times, the joy I get from the challenges is the journey and not the final image.  This is one of those times.

I agree, you do seem to like the journey.  In the early Challenges, these were called WIP's for a reason.  Nowadays, most people just post a final version.

It is impressive how easily that you can create and bone characters.

Glad that you continue to post versions, and share your processes.  I change my mind so frequently, that versions would be obsolete almost before I posted them. :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,790
    edited April 2022

I think most people are the only ones who post anything these days .... cool

which brings me to my next image laugh

the Draughts Champ

modelled all the props in the scene apart from the figures.

You can download the room and table & chairs to see the modelling and how I put it together even the simple lighting setup,.. you can even experiment with it. I didn't include the draught set as I think that's available in the Wacky Modelling thread.

for the figures I used Harpet from Renderosity and M4 and Dead from I can't remember angel

Draught Champ.png
    800 x 600 - 664K
    zip
    zip
    Curtains Interior.zip
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited April 2022

Harpert looking good!  Wish the render was bigger, as it looks like you portrayed a particular character pretty accurately.

Had to look up "draughts." :)

Below is a portrait somewhat inspired by Harpert, followed by how it looked before applying the GMIC filters.

After the Big Show

I used M3, the M3 Morphing Hat, and GMIC plugin for Carrara (thank you Philemo).  Painted some textures with PSE beforehand.  No postwork.

How the render looked before applying GMIC

After the Big Show.png
    2700 x 1800 - 7M
    After the Big Show with no filters.JPG
    1355 x 904 - 107K
    After the Big Show Carrara setup.JPG
    1666 x 1019 - 169K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on