Off Topic Thread #2

Comments

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

WendyLuvsCatz said:

oh yes, he is mischievous 

I still miss Lynx dreadfully though as quite a different personality and look and Lucy hisses at him but time will heal

another lucky bloke meets up with miss wendy and co. - bravo.

--ms

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited April 2022

mindsong said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

oh yes, he is mischievous 

I still miss Lynx dreadfully though as quite a different personality and look and Lucy hisses at him but time will heal

another lucky bloke meets up with miss wendy and co. - bravo.

--ms

the little bugger decided to viciously attack my feet today, those tiny teeth and claws are surprisingly sharp 

IMG_1037.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

I might be taking a break from Madcatlady channel and concentrating on Dreaming Kitty instead because of all the haters.

I disabled comments on one video because of trollish ones saying why in description and within a day it had 25 likes and 49 dislikes!

So deleted it now and reuploaded it to Dreaming Kitty instead.

I really don't care about the 32K subscribers because analytics clearly shows they only watch 5 10year old crappy viral videos, my other 1K+ uploads don't really get many views so I might as well use my other channels instead.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,190

WendyLuvsCatz said:

...  I might as well use my other channels instead.

Sounds reasonable.  I avoid feeding trolls myself.

edited April 2022

Kazakhstani clothing and characters like these would be cool for our DAZ ladies

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Dennis is a bit camera shy... lovely little guy. They bring the love, Lucy will get used to him, just showing who is boss kitty! heart SIlene

Here in the Houston area, people are beginning to act like the Covid years are over.  E.g. my suburb had turned off the splash park in the big city park out my back gate.  This was a couple of years ago, but today its on, with lots of familes running around in it.  There were baseball games on the fields last night and the pool will open soon.  This is the same park I did a test video on a while back:

Deer-Park-splash park-TourTexas.jpg
    640 x 480 - 44K

Those splash places are great... especially in unexpected extented hot weather!  We have them here in the UK, too. Takes me back to when I was a kid in the US and the fire departments would turn on the hydrants in inner cities to give the kids a cool down! Now they have these great places... more water saving friendly!

laughSilene

SileneUK said:

Those splash places are great... especially in unexpected extented hot weather!  

We have that in Houston, plus with humidity aroudn 110%.  Comedian Dennis Miller was the emcee for a big 80th birthday bash for the first President Bush.  It was held in Minute Maid Park, a baseball stadium with the roof open in the summer.  Miller had his sleeves rolled up and was sweating profusely.  He said he was going back to his old job as a tour guide in the Amazon.

I want one of these!  An undersea archaeology project I follow uses this, and I just wish  had a spare few thousand! (erm... maybe I should just concentrate on Carrara first, but I can dream, can't I?) 

laugh Silene

SileneUK said:

I want one of these!  ...

"That must be wonderful.  I don't understand it at all."  - Moliere

edited April 2022

Steve K said:

SileneUK said:

I want one of these!  ...

"That must be wonderful.  I don't understand it at all."  - Moliere

https://isandbox.co.uk/ ; is a provider in the UK.  Kids really love them... I would love to just visit one, eg at a museum.  I have only seen it used to illustrate hard data for submerged landscapes, this looks like much more fun which was why the video caught my attention. Kids today are so lucky!

https://ar-sandbox.co.uk/#page=page-1 ;  Another explanation/demo

Here's info on ones in the US.  

https://www.usgs.gov/youth-and-education-in-science/augmented-reality-ar-sandbox

An augmented reality (AR) sandbox is a 3D, interactive, dynamic educational tool to help understand mapping, topography, watersheds, natural hazards, and more! This tool uses a motion sensor and specialized computer software to map contour lines (lines of equal elevation) onto the sand that adjust to the elevation levels of the sand in real-time. It's a fun, and addictive, way to learn through play for young and the young at heart.

The U.S. Geological Survey currently has AR sandboxes at the following locations:

• Augusta, Maine
    • Flagstaff, Arizona
    • Portland, Oregon 
    • Tacoma, Washington
    • Reston, Virginia 
    • Vancouver, Washington
    • Woods Hole, Massachusetts

yes  Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on

it looks great for stress relief too, not just recreating topological relief and running erosion sims.

SileneUK said:

The U.S. Geological Survey currently has AR sandboxes at the following locations:

•  
    • Flagstaff, Arizona
    •  

yes  Silene

Thanks for the background.  That's the closest to me here in the Houston area, about an 18 hour drive one way.  At today's gas prices, I'd have to sell the house.  But I'll find a way to visit one sooner or later.  Very cool.

edited April 2022

my spare room

edited in Gimp and Carrara

sc0000.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 577K
    sc0391.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 573K
    IMG_1068.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,796
    edited April 2022

Daz's cloud has been playing up again.. sad

got this weird one when looking at an image ... gave me a chuckle laugh

502error.png
    557 x 381 - 307K
    Post edited by Stezza on

The 'Host Error' next to 'The Scream' is well.... a scream! devillaugh Silene

edited April 2022

my Lucy had to have heaps of teeth pulled broken heart

I had no idea it was so bad, knew likely one tooth from her breath but so many in a couple of years after last seeing the vet was shocking, poor baby, she seems happier now, getting on better with Dennis too, even played chasey taking turns but hisses if he gets too close, will sleep on me while he does as well with a 10cm gap.

Cleaned out my bank account, almost 2K

WendyLuvsCatz said:

she seems happier now, getting on better with Dennis too

Our newest is also getting along better with the 14 year old, they go nose to nose sometimes.  Also a little growling, but not much.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,663

WendyLuvsCatz said:

my Lucy had to have heaps of teeth pulled broken heart

I had no idea it was so bad, knew likely one tooth from her breath but so many in a couple of years after last seeing the vet was shocking, poor baby, she seems happier now, getting on better with Dennis too, even played chasey taking turns but hisses if he gets too close, will sleep on me while he does as well with a 10cm gap.

Cleaned out my bank account, almost 2K

Ouch !!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Wendy, sending you hugs.  heart

thankyou heart

edited May 2022

Lucy - mouth-ouch... Wendy.... purse-ouch!surprise  Silene

NO!

that is NOT a rugby ball !! angry

edited May 2022

Stezza said:

NO!

that is NOT a rugby ball !! angry

Do you mean this:  https://www.daz3d.com/fg-sports-equipment-props       Not even a substitute texture! no 

I have this set    https://www.daz3d.com/rugby-uniform-for-genesis-3-male-s    as I made a brochure for Luke Nabaro, who played for Bristol among others, and is a friend of my stepson's and lives close by. He runs Pacific Island Rugby Skills camps for local kids in summer. I think his dad played for Fiji as well in his day.

angel Silene 

edited May 2022

yep.... obviously someone who doesn't know what part of the world he/she is in!

looks like I'll have to model a wacky one laugh

Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

You can make it a Stezza vs a Gilbert! yescheeky Silene 

I never really thought about people riding cows but surprisingly (to me) they do.

Been reading about oxen for render research because medieval peasants (and ancient farmers etc) generally didn't have horses.

The idea you fatten them up after their service pulling stuff is done then eat them seems a very dismal end for the poor beast of burden. Common practice it seems.

Hoping VYusur is well.  Does anyone know if she has released any new products at other sites?  Her most recent release at Daz was the Siberian cat, I believe.  Crazy world never know what might be disrupting communications.

Wishing you well, Veronika.  heart

Stezza said:

Don't worry, Americans will correct that ball for you.  wink

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/12/1098533209/rugby-world-cup-host-usa