Daz Studio 4.16 | Meet the MetaMixer Toolkit

2»

Comments

• Gordig said:

MetaMixer lets you blend specific details of faces, whereas morph sliders only give you the entire face, plus whatever specific features the creator decided to make separate sliders, which is usually none. You also don't necessarily need to buy the character twice, because the MetaMixer widgets work whether or not you own the base character.

Oh, right on, I suppose that does have a fair bit of utility. But there are separate ways you need to buy the morphs, right? They're not a part of the base figure, and the packs are just the morphs, correct? So if I wanted to use coral, who I just bought, I'd still need to get her metamixer morph to use her features with this?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

Correct. 

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574

I want to use this but I'm disappointed we have to buy the extra add-ons for characters we already own. The add-ons would be great for people who don't have or want to buy the full characters. I hope DAZ will update all their characters for this some day. I'd love it if PAs could add their characters to it as well.

• Quasar said:

I want to use this but I'm disappointed we have to buy the extra add-ons for characters we already own. The add-ons would be great for people who don't have or want to buy the full characters. I hope DAZ will update all their characters for this some day. I'd love it if PAs could add their characters to it as well.

My point exactly. This stuff is starting to remind me of my other hobby of miniature painting. Getting nickel and dimed at every chance. I bought a 3d printer to get away from having to spend $40 on one single miniature made from .08$ worth of plastic. To me, this is a useful tool, but the fact that you have to buy an extra set of morphs to use the morph for a character you've already spent a lot of money on comparatively (let's face it, the Daz named characters used to count for something, but now they are just another character, of which there are many PA characters that are arguably much better quality, for half the price, which will often include the HD morph for free(again the nickel and dime)). Kaylesse used to be my go-to for these characters, but alas, has sold his soul to the overlords ( I'm being facetious, don't take all my words as serious, I tend towards the sarcastic when I'm typing on the internet), HM has taken his old spot. I mean, take Coral, for example, if that character had not been bought or commissioned or whatever Daz is doing now with Kaylesse, she would have been a base price of like $30, HD sculpt included. Add that your new release discount or PA sale or whatever and you could have gotten her for 'round about $20. You can't even get her HD morph for that now. Daz must have recognized this and made him an offer he couldn't refuse, to get the competition out of the way.

Guess all I'm saying is the add-on bundles are nice for people that aren't going to buy the full characters, but for someone that already bought the characters, it leaves a sour taste in the mouth to have to shell out even more money to use this fancy new feature.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,158
    edited April 2022

For about two more hours, all the MetaMixer widgets in the mega bundle are included in a flash sale, so you can get them all for half the price of the bundle (and obviously less than half if you don't want all of them).

I grabbed them all, so here's Sukai, Celani and Khemsit.

Metamixed 3.png
    1600 x 2133 - 4M
    Post edited by Gordig on