Daz Studio 4.16 | Meet the MetaMixer Toolkit

The latest update for Daz Studio adds compatibility with an exciting new tool called MetaMixer. This tool allows you to create unique faces with a blend of features from previous character releases via a collection of add-ons for MetaMixer. Ready for next-level character customization with Daz? Let’s dive in. 

What Is MetaMixer?

MetaMixer is a robust tool that empowers you to effortlessly blend and perfect character features with pinpoint accuracy in real-time, all with an easy-to-use viewport UI. 

Craft your unique look with a targeted blend of several areas of the face like the nose, eyes, inner lips, outer brow, and so on. Hundreds of controls cover the entire area of the face and neck, allowing near-endless customization. You’ll also have the option to combine HD details of different characters in the same way. 

Simply apply a MetaMixer add-on to slots A, B, and C to begin blending features between compatible characters and HD morphs. The resulting characters can be saved as custom MetaMixer presets. Once you’ve got the hang of it, you’ll be creating your own unique characters in minutes. 

Here’s a quick look at some of the functionality available to you when using MetaMixer: 

Get Started With The MetaMixer Toolkit

The MetaMixer Toolkit comes with everything you need to begin using MetaMixer in Daz Studio, including the base MetaMixer tool and 4 add-ons to get you started. While owning a base character will always be the best way to benefit from full-body features, MetaMixer Add-Ons allow you to use that character’s head shape in MetaMixer whether or not the character is in your library. 

This toolkit includes 4 add-ons to get you started:

• Holt 8 Add-On for MetaMixer
  • The Brute 8 Add-On for MetaMixer
  • Nida 8 Add-On for MetaMixer
  • Twosret 8 Add-On for MetaMixer

We’ll be releasing even more MetaMixer add-ons and select HD add-ons with MetaMixer compatibility soon, so keep an eye out! 

Free For Daz+ Members

The MetaMixer Toolkit is now available for just $9.95 in the Daz Store, or FREE for Daz+ Members. Download the latest version of Daz Studio and unlock next-level character customization with the MetaMixer Toolkit

Comments

• How do you start using this tool? I've installed it, but I can't find where to launch it or access it.
  • GordigGordig Posts: 4,949

Digitalrdw said:

How do you start using this tool? I've installed it, but I can't find where to launch it or access it.

In Smart Content, it's under Utilities. In your content library, it's under People/Genesis 8 (Male/Female)/Shapes

• There are also a lot of videos to help at the bottom of the resource page - https://www.daz3d.com/introducing-metamixer-toolkit.

Hopefully that helps.

• So then, as it's been repeatedly questioned in the other, unofficial thread regarding MetaMixer, are there any plans on updating base models to be compatible with MetaMixer for users who have already purchased them, much like the HD add-ons have been? Or will users who have already purchased the base models have to purchase these add-ons to use the morphs already in our library that we've already purchased? Now I know that there is a process involved with making the models themselves compatible, however given it was already done so for owners of the HD add-ons, I don't believe this to be an unreasonable question to ask. Thanks.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 15,866
    edited November 26

I saw there was a big list of 14 DO characters in a MetaMix Mega Bundle that allows for buying to use the head shapes of the DO original characters without buying the full DO products. It says implies indirectly if I have the full DO character products it is always the better way to use MetaMixer; I have 5 of the 14; so if that is the case, then I don't need the corresponding MetaMix head morph product because I have the better way of using the full character in the MetaMixer.

Others in this thread and elsewhere are seemingly claiming that those 5 characters I own the full copies of, excluding the HD addon for them, won't work in the MetaMixer product. Which is correct? The product description claim of the products included in the MetaMixer Mega Bundle or the other forum members?

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • nonesuch00 said:

I saw there was a big list of 14 DO characters in a MetaMix Mega Bundle that allows for buying to use the head shapes of the DO original characters without buying the full DO products. It says implies indirectly if I have the full DO character products it is always the better way to use MetaMixer; I have 5 of the 14; so if that is the case, then I don't need the corresponding MetaMix head morph product because I have the better way of using the full character in the MetaMixer.

Others in this thread and elsewhere are seemingly claiming that those 5 characters I own the full copies of, excluding the HD addon for them, won't work in the MetaMixer product. Which is correct? The product description claim of the products included in the MetaMixer Mega Bundle or the other forum members?

The HD updates did give the files needed to use those with MetaMixer Toolkit, the base chacater products released todaya re needed to use those with MetaMixer.

• AHArtAHArt Posts: 196

nonesuch00 said:

I own all the SD Characters that are included but only one of them I have the HD version of which is Khesmit. She is the only one that shows up in metamixer for me (and only the HD verison not the SD version). I believe you have to own the HD morphs for the characters you already own to work without purchasing the add ons. I did buy the Torment add own to see if he shows up and he does which makes me believe if you do not own the HD morphs of any of these characters then you have to buy the add on to use them in metamixer. So basically if you don't own the HD morphs for these characters, the only way to get the SD characters to work is to buy the add on

• gbrittongbritton Posts: 42

Daz_Jessica said:

There are also a lot of videos to help at the bottom of the resource page - https://www.daz3d.com/introducing-metamixer-toolkit.

Hopefully that helps.

I looked at those videos and they are terrible.   The four videos are sped up by roughly 5 to 10 times of the original speed, so there no way to tell what is being selected on the screen unless you stop and conduct a through analysis frame by frame.   It's unclear what DAZ is trying to hide in these videos.   Step up and produce a clear explaination of what the product is, how we're supposed to use it, what value it will bring us and what we have to purchase in order to use it.    The sales text definately sounds interesting, but until I see how I can use it, it will be a pass for me (especially after those DAZ recommended videos).

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 15,866

AHArt said:

nonesuch00 said:

I own all the SD Characters that are included but only one of them I have the HD version of which is Khesmit. She is the only one that shows up in metamixer for me (and only the HD verison not the SD version). I believe you have to own the HD morphs for the characters you already own to work without purchasing the add ons. I did buy the Torment add own to see if he shows up and he does which makes me believe if you do not own the HD morphs of any of these characters then you have to buy the add on to use them in metamixer. So basically if you don't own the HD morphs for these characters, the only way to get the SD characters to work is to buy the add on

Thanks.

I have found if you own the SD characters you need to buy the SD MetaMix addons. If you own the HD addon for an SD character you get the HD MetaMix Presets free but you still have to buy the SD MetaMix addon for the SD character. Bottom line: You want the SD MetaMix addons. The HD Metamix addon is free anyway with an HD addon purchase to encourage purchase of HD addon assets I'm sure. 

Also the new SD Metamix addon I bought today, Drutherson MetaMix Presets, was not included in Smart Content. Also no HD+ MetaMix Presets are showing up in Smart Content for any HD addons I own (that have HD+ Metamix Presets already, eg Topsy & The Brute). 

• This is super cool! But why no black male figure? There is Nida in the base and Celani in the Add-On, but no Darius or Leroy. Any chance of adding those as add-ons in the future? Incidentally, you have the wrong popup image on Juan Carlos!

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,361

Reported issue : Dasan 8 HD add-on tries to download Celani 8 MetaMixer files with Daz Connect

• hzrhzr Posts: 198

gbritton said:

Daz_Jessica said:

There are also a lot of videos to help at the bottom of the resource page - https://www.daz3d.com/introducing-metamixer-toolkit.

Hopefully that helps.

I looked at those videos and they are terrible.   The four videos are sped up by roughly 5 to 10 times of the original speed, so there no way to tell what is being selected on the screen unless you stop and conduct a through analysis frame by frame.   It's unclear what DAZ is trying to hide in these videos.   Step up and produce a clear explaination of what the product is, how we're supposed to use it, what value it will bring us and what we have to purchase in order to use it.    The sales text definately sounds interesting, but until I see how I can use it, it will be a pass for me (especially after those DAZ recommended videos).

Play it at 0.25 speed on youtube then, should be easy to see whats going on then.

• CryphiusCryphius Posts: 57

I have Victoria 8.1 & 8.1 HD, how do I load it into metamixer? I can do that, right?

• AHArtAHArt Posts: 196

Cryphius said:

I have Victoria 8.1 & 8.1 HD, how do I load it into metamixer? I can do that, right?

nope 

• CryphiusCryphius Posts: 57

AHArt said:

Cryphius said:

nope 

ROFL what a joke.