The Path to iClone

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited February 2014

uhm well now everything genesis is crashing 3DX5,
    I am trying to eliminate variables but looking like latest DS4.6 build could be a problem
    my older FBX files work

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

unticking HD morphs in export dialogue seems to have fixed it

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

enoc said:
    bigh said:
    thank you
    is there a video that shows how to bring clothes ( for Genesis or other ) from Daz Studio ?
    I know we can bring clothes over with the model .

Hello Bigh,

No, I don't believe we have a video showing how to bring only clothes from DAZ Studio, as the clothing is part of the model mesh.

PM sent

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

enoc said:

This Daz issue is well known, unfortunately there's not much we can do about it, since the problem is that the DAZ FBX import method is quite unique with pre and post rotation requirements (our FBX files import just fine into other 3D software) I would recommend that you contact DAZ technical support on this. Sorry if this was not the answer you were expecting.

I contacted Daz support and this is what they said concerning their faulty FBX import.

"Whenever going to or from DAZ Studio with weight-mapped content via FBX, there is going to be "cleanup" of both rigging (bone structure) and skinning (how the individual vertices respond to movement of the bones), and often animation. Part of the reason is that DAZ Studio's triaxial weight-mapping is more complicated than the FBX can represent (a limitation of the FBX format).

Even with the limitations, it is still probably the best way to get rigged figures and characters into and out of DAZ Studio.

Some people report that Autodesk's free "FBX Converter" can sometimes help in their transfers of FBX files from one application to another, although I've not used it and am not sure exactly what they are using it for...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=20481519

Another option is Collada, but it also has issues. Since Collada (.dae) is an 'open specification' format, there is no set standard for the format across the 3D industry. There are at least 3 major variants of this format with no agreement between them about various aspects. This often leads to bad imports/exports.

Because of all the rigging/skinning problems and issue surrounding exporting and importing between different programs, the Alembic format was created.

It bypasses all the hassles of having to tweak rigging by exporting a scene using vertex animation. I believe the idea is you animate your characters in one app (say DAZ Studio), then bring it into your target application for lighting, materials, and rendering. I believe Maya is a supporter of Alembic.

http://www.daz3d.com/alembic-exporter-for-daz-studio

I wish there were a simple fix to the problems. The 3D Industry is still a little bit like the Wild West, I'm afraid".

• ReallusionReallusion Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Tutorial # 10 - Intro to Kinect Motion Capture with iClone

iClone5 offers the most affordable and intuitive, motion capturing solution in the industry. Now you can simply use your body to control virtual actors, in real-time, with motion smoothing optimizations. Lightspeed your animations and create realistic-looking motions as now you can literally control actors with your body movements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ysV-6tnE00

Intro_Motion_Capture.jpg
    854 x 468 - 214K
    edited December 1969

Tutorial # 11 - Enhancing and Modifying Motion Clips

iClone has a library of literally hundreds of motions that you can apply to your characters with a simple click. In addition to that, there are thousands more available in both the Content Store and Marketplace, as well as other external marketplaces around the web. The thing about motion clips is, with a little creativity, you can do all sorts of cool things to them to customize them and make them unique. In this tutorial, we'll learn about a couple of simple motion clip editing techniques, and how they can really enhance the energy and uniqueness of your motions. By using these techniques together with some simple camera work, you can make your motions much more dynamic and attention-drawing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0CeHRDqknQ

Enhancing-and-Modifying-Motion-Clips.jpg
    851 x 474 - 79K
    edited December 1969

waiting for iClone 6 pro :-)

edited December 1969

bigh said:

Me too. I have pre-ordered it, with the Indigo plug in. I'm curious what it can do. But I won't be able to export anything from it until 3DXchange 6 is released, later next year.
    edited December 2014

iClone6 is Coming!

iClone6 is due for release in December 2014 with enhanced visual quality, a flexible UI, and streamlined plug-in configuration in future updates. This new iteration comes chalk-full with lots of new features that are a direct result of months of collaboration with awesome 3rd party developers like; Indigo RT for super rendering quality, soft cloth, wind behavior and multiple textures by Nvidia’s PhysX , SpeedTree and Allegorithmic’s Substance.

Enjoy this sneak peek video and check out the iClone6 website for more up to date information:
    http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/14-ic6_preorder/index.html

iClone6 Sneek Peakl

iClone6.jpg
    856 x 507 - 44K
    Post edited by Reallusion on
  • SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

I bought iClone Animation Pipeline (3 in 1) bundle at DAZ. Will there be an upgrade path for those of us who bought this bundle? How do we upgrade?

• mjordy59mjordy59 Posts: 66
    edited December 2014

Iclone (from versions 4 to 5) has been one of my favorite to create quick 3D animations,and although getting perfect
    or at least working Daz characters into Iclone,through the 3dXchange pipeline is rather difficult,but with some tweaks some characters,especially Genesis import almost perfect in to Iclone. Daz characters import with a shiny skin surface,so you need to reduce the shininess in Daz before exporting as FBX to 3D xchange. And even so in 3D Xchange you must tweak the skin and cloth,hair,etc reflections.
    For some reason hairs do not import with the details you see in Daz,and sometimes is better to import only the base figure,and try to add clothing and hair in Iclone,no easy task either. Another great advantage of using Iclone is the feature of using greenscreen fx in iclone by buying the extra plug in PopVideo Converter 2.

you can see some sample vids done in Iclone,including greenscreen FX and Daz characters:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/maurojo1

Post edited by mjordy59 on
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    I bought iClone Animation Pipeline (3 in 1) bundle at DAZ. Will there be an upgrade path for those of us who bought this bundle? How do we upgrade?

Hello Superdog,

For users who purchased our products at external stores like Daz -- users first have to register their products at the Reallusion page with a free member account. Once users register, then they can enjoy upgrade offers for Reallusion member accounts.

You may go here for a better explanation: http://faq.reallusion.com/index.php?action=article&cat_id=002001&id=221⟨=
    Inline image 1

Daz users can also contact Reallusion Customer Support here http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

edited December 1969

bigh said:

nothing yet :down:

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    bigh said:

It probably won't be before the 18th of December, because the pre-own sale ends on the 17th
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    bigh said:

any one hear when it coming ?
    :roll:

• aspinaspin Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

it's there

edited December 1969

I am surprised the soft cloth physX worked at all on DAZ characters
    http://youtu.be/jtEzy8c9FKE
    I need to create weightmaps to match the UV maps, that is the main issue
    the MFD for example has one half upside down hence the odd effect at the back

edited December 1969

wow so far - now to learn how to use every thing !

edited December 1969

in case you are wondering BIGH
    you have a collision shape setting in avatar under foot contact etc you enable all the body bit in
    and then in physics click weight and chose your fabric and pick a fall off map that matches the UV map black for pinned white for free
    lots of parameters to play with
    most DAZ mesh too highpoly to convert but you can do hairs too or just sleeves etc

edited December 1969

the trick is not to clothify props but conformed clothes on the figure!

edited December 1969

the trick is not to clothify props but conformed clothes on the figure!

thank you for the info .
    Merry Christmas !

edited December 1969
    edited December 2014

For the life of me, I cannot render an animation with Indigo past a fgew frames without getting this message. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: This issue seems to be solved when I use Genesis. For some reason, iClone didn't like one its characters.

stop.PNG
    611 x 314 - 17K
    Post edited by argus1000 on
    edited December 1969

may be something in your scene, I have not really tried Indigo much but some things it does not seem to like such as many different iclone trees
    anyway more clothiness from me http://youtu.be/rlJIafmuuds
    I am having good results with clonecloth skirt lowers as all flatmapped
    mixed results with DAZ clothes mostly not good and the UV mapping is too complex and too many material zones

• wungunwungun Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Indigo/Iclone-6 render made in 4hours===enjoy

http://youtu.be/umQgUSearOQ

edited December 1969

may be something in your scene,

This issue seems to be solved when I use Genesis. For some reason, Indigo didn’t like one iClone's new G6 characters.
    edited December 1969

Network Error: Download Failed. (Error Code:202)
    Please check your internet connection and try again.

Retry Close

Was working good - now I get it on the all downloads I try .

Got this error using the downloader in iClone 6 pro .
    Tried the RL forum - 9 days now and waiting .

Any one else getting this error ?

edited December 1969

Is this on the bonus content? That worked fine for me
    I have not tried inventory in iC6 though, I get a downloader from my account inventory without iClone open usually anyway.

edited December 1969

Is this on the bonus content? That worked fine for me
    I have not tried inventory in iC6 though, I get a downloader from my account inventory without iClone open usually anyway.

bonus worked fine
    its moving stuff from 5.5 to 6 thats not working

edited December 1969

Aha not tried it THAT way
    try copy paste to folders NOT cut paste as you do not wanna risk overwriting any iC5 stuff as once used and resaved from 6 it stays in 6
    download content to 5 unless you decide to buy the new speedtrees and that will take hours and hours I can tell you.