Brightness Manager (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited April 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Post Updated.

Welcome to the Official Brightness Manager thread.

Promo video showing product in action.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Tease.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,131

Anything like Iray Light Manager Pro? I love that product. Anything along those lines is interesting. I'll watch this thread.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited March 2022

Nope..Completely different concept. Imagine selecting a figure or a scene, and adjusting everythings brightness all at once..With one click you can adjust everythings brightness, or even select one item, and it can adjust that items brightness alone. The reason for this product is plenty of times I have a figure in scene, but either the scene or scene object is too bright vs figure etc..Or I load on a clothing set and it is way too bright vs the figure. This script will easily let you change that on the fly without having to dig into the materials groups. It also adjusts all colour values present on the shader, not just diffuse colour.

Below is a sneak peak of the script. SImply select a group, or a single item, run it, and watch it work it's magic. It looks like a simple script on the surface, but it is doing a hell of a lot of calculations under the hoodcool

Untitled-1.jpg
    291 x 348 - 77K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,131

It sounds intriguing for sure.

• Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 168

Very useful - my credit card is brimming with excitement smiley

edited April 2022

Edited

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited April 2022

Edited.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Forlorn hope I'm thinking, but will it work with 3dl shaders?

edited March 2022

Yes all shaders. The script doesnt care about shaders, it scans channels that have color assigned in sliders. We designed it to only look for certain things that are present in all shaders.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • solissolis Posts: 124

Outstanding!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Another Must Buy! You're on a roll Zev0 !

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,305

How would it make something brighter if all the colours in the channels are already white? This is often the case with many skins (and some clothes), where the bulk, even if not all, are white. Generally for these skins the only way to make them significantly brighter in Iray is by altering the Translucency Weight.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049

Havos said:

How would it make something brighter if all the colours in the channels are already white? This is often the case with many skins (and some clothes), where the bulk, even if not all, are white. Generally for these skins the only way to make them significantly brighter in Iray is by altering the Translucency Weight.

You can remove limits of the colors, to go higher than white...

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,305

V3Digitimes said:

Havos said:

You can remove limits of the colors, to go higher than white...

Interesting, I did not know you could do that.

• Boy I do so need this. Looking forward to release.

• This could be a game changer! It could streamline interior lighting workflows. Keeping my eyes peeled for this hot item to hit the store.

First post in thread updated with Promo video and Promo images explaining product.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,506

This doesn't work on an individual surface level, correct, just a primary node (figure, prop, etc)?  Very interesting, would really like to see more things like this in the future (for color, curves, and other minor postwork necessities). 

edited April 2022

"This doesn't work on an individual surface level"

Yes it does. Look at the first promo. Scans all surfaces. But all you have to do is click on the primary node in scene, no need to go troll into materials etc.

Post edited by Zev0 on

No, I meant adjusting a single surface (like one material zone on a dress or a horn on a dragon, etc). I know you can go into the material panel to do that manually, but since the promos show this adjusting multiple parameters at once, I just thought your way might be more accurate. No complaints, this looks like a very useful product, especially for adjusting environments as you've shown.

edited April 2022

Oh we don't have the option to select a single material zone. It does all surfaces at once. We might add that feature in if it is requested, but kind of defeats the purpose of what the product tries to do.

Post edited by Zev0 on

No problem, thanks for explaining.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

Is this IRAY only?

I ask because I love VSS and I'm thinking, maybe this product can be used to brighten/darken the many colour parameters of that shader all at once?

If yes, then it would be useful to have the option to adjust only select material zones, as Snow Sultan suggested. I'd want to only brighten/darken the skin, but not the eyes/teeth/mouth.

edited April 2022

Works on all shaders as far as I know. By default the script bypasses those areas of the skin. On skin only thing you can choose to include or ignore is the nails.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,091

I'm runninng DAZ Studio 4.16.0.3. By any chance, will Brightness Manager work in this version of DS? Or, is it only for 4.20 and up?

Hi. Product compiled in version 4.12.0.86. You should be fine.
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,773

... and it is released:

https://www.daz3d.com/brightness-manager

Zev0 said:

Hi. Product compiled in version 4.12.0.86. You should be fine.

Great to know. Another question: How does it work on a Black person's skin? Will it still darken or lighten? The pics and video only seem to be showing light peoples' skins.

edited April 2022

Hi. This all depends on the skin shader settings. EG if they used a dark skin map and all colour values in shader are already at 1, it wont really go any brighter. But if they used a shader and the colour values were lower, then yes. It can.

Below is a shader where all were at 1. It can't go brighter.

Untitled-1.jpg
    1518 x 966 - 569K
    Post edited by Zev0 on

I bought it. I like it so far. I'm confused, though, about what those "Preview Mode" icons are for? I tried increasing or reducing brightness, and if I then click to render, I can see the results, using the usual render method in DS. But, if I click one of those Preview Mode icons, I may get the message "That drawing style is not available."

Or, a render may start, with the figure looking all white. Then, if I go to the regular Render menu, the figure still is all white. I couldn't figure out how to get the default texture back again. Eventually, I did get the default texture back. But, I could not tell you how that happened. So, dahhhh, I am confused.

Even as I watched the video, I could not figure out what was being done with the Preview Mode icons.

(1) So, what are those 3 icons for? (2) And, what happens if the texture turns all white? How do I easily get the default texture back again?