this is rather impressive 

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Stezza said:

2020 - not allowed to travel more than 5 km from home

2022 - can't afford to travel more than 5km from home! cool

sad

Is that ever the truth!!! crying Silene 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

Stezza not saying how he broke his foot.

Drunk? cheeky

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Off topic?  I will give you off topic.  I am baking a pumpkin pie.  In doing so, I have discovered that there is a slight angle to the floor of my condo.  The goopy pumpkin filling is riding one edge of the pan like high tide.  I am on the 10th floor.  Do you think my floor is settling, or the building is tilting?  Neither seems good.  surprise

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Stezza not saying how he broke his foot.

Drunk? cheeky

lol

I wish... nope .. just got up at 5am to pee and went over like a bag you know what! and because we were surrounded in flood water the SES and Firebrigade had to rescue me by boat to get to the ambulance.. was quite a painfull yet funny experience... side note.. my casted leg has yet to be washed from the flood waters... just don't get too close to my toes for a smell lol 

angel

Diomede said:

Off topic?  I will give you off topic.  I am baking a pumpkin pie.  In doing so, I have discovered that there is a slight angle to the floor of my condo.  The goopy pumpkin filling is riding one edge of the pan like high tide.  I am on the 10th floor.  Do you think my floor is settling, or the building is tilting?  Neither seems good.  surprise

Oh wow.... put an egg on the floor an see which way it rolls! enlightened 

edited March 2022

sounds like quite the adventure Stezza, pity so painful

and OMG Ted, don't want that condo collapsing especially with you in it surprise

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,190

Diomede said:

I have discovered that there is a slight angle to the floor of my condo.  

Not a bug, but a feature.

https://www.skyscrapercenter.com/building/tower-at-hermann-place/15677

Leaning.jpg
    500 x 650 - 74K

Thanks for the tips, everybody.  The tilt may indeed be a feature, not a bug, but I dount it.  I went around testing it.  The good news is my bedroom is on 'high ground.'  I am wondering if the building is supposed to sway a little.  I do think that is a genuine safety feature for earthquakes and such.  Will check again during different weather and storm patterns.

Diomede said:

Thanks for the tips, everybody.  The tilt may indeed be a feature, not a bug, but I dount it.  I went around testing it.  The good news is my bedroom is on 'high ground.'  I am wondering if the building is supposed to sway a little.  I do think that is a genuine safety feature for earthquakes and such.  Will check again during different weather and storm patterns.

Is your oven/stove level?  Or if built into your counter, the counter level? My stove top is built into the counter, and I just found the other day that a shim that was underneath in the casing/carcass of the unit had come loose.  I make large pots of soup in winter and noticed the liquied was higher on one side. Hubby put shim back in place underneath and all is fine. It's the hob unit that is slightly warped. It's 20 years old, but still works. It's gas. My next one will be induction! 

Or...errrrm..... sink hole? surprise Silene 

you need a spirit level

Wendy, my kind of spirits there!  yes Silene

Diomede said:

...  I am wondering if the building is supposed to sway a little.  I do think that is a genuine safety feature for earthquakes and such.  Will check again during different weather and storm patterns.

Years ago I was working about halfway up a 40 story office building in Houston.  I was in the men's room when all of a sudden every man on the floor was in there (an engineering company, mostly men).  I asked if a meeting just got out when we all felt the building flex.  After getting my wits back, I went back to my window cubicle, which no longer had window glass and the mini blinds were waving out in the wind.  A project manager was putting yellow tape across the aisle, and said "Don't go in there!"  I said "Don't worry".  A small group of tornadoes had passed by ... and guys were saying the building flex is indeed a safety feature.  

well the Oscars certainly had a bit of biff this year surprise

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,660

Carrarians.

I am going to take a break from the forums for at least a week or so.  In another thread in one of the other Daz forums I ranted about one of the topics that convinced me to retire early and get out of Washington, DC.  My blood pressure and general mental health is much better if I avoid such topics.  One of the values I have in 3D projects and the Daz forums is an escape from those controversies.  

It is entirely on me.  I took the conversation in the thread in that direction. 

Best if I take a short break.

Keep rendering.  To quote Arnold, 'I'll be back.'

edited March 2022

Oh Ted,  please don't go!  I read all your posts, though I don't post much since eyes and video card issues, plus family stuff going on with stepson divorce. I have not had much time to even think about modelling again right now, but I am an avid forum reader.  I avoid the hot spots and stay in Carrara unless I have a DS or related problem.

It's very easy to get caught up. I dumped being on FB several months ago as I'd read my hometown newspaper FB page and would get so PO'd at the people who have taken over where my father was from. My cousin had carried on with a family garage business his grandad and my grandad started together. He got cancer, and the business shut down. After he died, his widow (no kids) sold the building which was in a very desirable location by then. In olden days it was on the wrong side of the tracks!  She did well and I was glad as my cousin's cancer cost them a lot. Being self-employed he did not have decent insurance. Well, the self-righteous FBers thought it was a bloody crime that it was sold to be made into condos. Well, good on her, I thought, she's not a developer, just a widow trying to get on. She needed the money. They lived in a small flat above the garage and now she was able to buy a retirement community flat.  I could not get over the vitriol airmed at her.  I made a lot of posts and took a lot of heat about it.  All calmed down... then came Covid and out came all the same self-righteous lot again spouting off about rules. I just decided my skin was not thick enough. So I quit my account and have not looked back.

And you know?  I am glad my skin is not thick. I want to keep my sense of humanity, empathy and feel that most people actually do the right thing and that it is minority that just do crap because they 'can'.  Some people's sense of self-entitlement is breathtaking.

I cannot imagine a bad bone in your body. You have emailed help to me over the years and you are more than unbelievably generous with your time on the Carrara forum.s You are needed here!

So if I have to beg... stay where you are appreciated, wanted and LOVED... with your fellow Carrarians!  If you must take a break... just pop in now and then to let us know how you are.  You certainly have retired to a challenging part of the US to live weatherwise, and we will worry about you! 

heartheartheartheartheartheart  Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on

just stay in the Carrara forum among friends heart

Diomede said:

(Interrupting my rendering to reply)  Yup, sometimes a break is a good idea.

we have lamingtons wink

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited March 2022

I have fresh fush .... fish. Hi Ted best to stay here and not wander to the dark side of the forums. Lets see if i can post a pic from my ipad. Heres a pic of a butcher bird falling in love with my swimmers. Been raining so much its learnt to sit under the caravan awning.

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited March 2022

it didn't load up @HeadWaxsad

here's one of a chicken and a chickenhawk lol laugh

Chicken.png
    640 x 480 - 237K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922

Ha ha Stezza a crackup..... just started raing igain tgank goodness , will post image later hooe you are healing wellTrt

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,660

Diomede said:

Keep the break short and get back to Carrara !!!!!

Bunyip02 said:

Diomede said:

Keep the break short and get back to Carrara !!!!!

+1 !! laugh 

edited April 2022

got a new little mate, Dennis heart

IMG_1040.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    IMG_1052.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

got a new little mate, Dennis heart

Congrtulations.  We got a new one a month or two back, way more energetic than our 14 year old.  I'll bet Dennis can be a Menace like her at times. cheeky

oh yes, he is mischievous 

I still miss Lynx dreadfully though as quite a different personality and look and Lucy hisses at him but time will heal

WendyLuvsCatz said:

oh yes, he is mischievous 

I still miss Lynx dreadfully though as quite a different personality and look and Lucy hisses at him but time will heal

Yes, we had some of the hissing for a while but its died down.  The older one just seems to say its too much trouble, even when the young one "pats" the older one's head.  devil