SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

They look nice SereneArt, but I see Mardi Gras Parade or the annual "Love Parade" in Zurich, more than I see aliens. If you like Techno music you'd like that parade but Techno music I like only in small doses.

I've done spacemen in renders but have only used a very old Goobles alien (from RTDNA).

I do like RawArt's creatures and have bought a few of them, gonna buy more too, even though I've not a clue as to how they are going to be used in any story I might make up. I will probably resort to having a look at old stories like from Greek, Oriental, Indian mythology and use them that way.

I've also bought a couple of Oso's creatures, but RawArt's and AM's creatures are a step above as they've more modeling experience. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811

The only alien I know of that might be considered Sexy Male Alien is this one: https://www.daz3d.com/planetary-smuggler-hd-for-genesis-8-male

He has a female partner as well.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

@nonesuch00 yeah. I tend to prefer my aliens to be somewhat humanoid in looks. So yeah, they are rubber forehead aliens. Which means humans with small alterations. They do have fangs and claws though. smiley 

@vwrangler I def have those on my wishlist. They are just like the Star Trek Andorians though so one probably has to use with caution.

I do miss that pa reciecup from rendo. They haven't made anything in a while, but her aliens were always my favorite. Colorful and human. I checked out her old page and it's like it may have fallen out of use, which is too bad. Her Aliens were smoking!

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811

Serene Night said:

@vwrangler I def have those on my wishlist. They are just like the Star Trek Andorians though so one probably has to use with caution.

I do miss that pa reciecup from rendo. They haven't made anything in a while, but her aliens were always my favorite. Colorful and human. I checked out her old page and it's like it may have fallen out of use, which is too bad. Her Aliens were smoking!

If it helps, the antennae are separate props, so can be taken off.

I don't think Reciecup did a male character for any of the Genesis gneerations. All her males were M4.

edited March 2022

I like the antennae. I have this set on my wishlist, hopefully it will go on sale and I can snap it up. Oh, I didn't know that about Reciecup. I had hoped a while ago, when she made a Genesis 3 female character (I think), but I haven't seen anything for a while. I hope they are okay.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

https://www.daz3d.com/zellarian-for-nix-8-and-genesis-8-male

is in fast grab if you are interested in alien boys

@carrie58 Hey thanks! I would've missed that if you didn't point it out. yesThere is also that somewhat disturbing anthropomorphic rabbit there, just in time for easter!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,126
    Those rabbits look creepy to me.

@SereneNight  I do pay attention to your thread and just got lucky checking FG today ,or you got lucky , not sure  which ,any way I've stopped purchasing ,the G8.1 line so mostly my shopping is from my wishist or handy prop stuff ,and working at changing materials from iRay to 3DL ,so it keeps me happy

barbult said:

Those rabbits look creepy to me.

They do! It's definitely part of their.... Charm.

carrie58 said:

@SereneNight  I do pay attention to your thread and just got lucky checking FG today ,or you got lucky , not sure  which ,any way I've stopped purchasing ,the G8.1 line so mostly my shopping is from my wishist or handy prop stuff ,and working at changing materials from iRay to 3DL ,so it keeps me happy

Well, thanks! I shall enjoy playing with him. The G8.1 line seems pretty dead end. They sort of peaked with Torment and haven't done anything great since for the men anyway.

edited March 2022

Serene Night said:

carrie58 said:

Well, thanks! I shall enjoy playing with him. The G8.1 line seems pretty dead end. They sort of peaked with Torment and haven't done anything great since for the men anyway.

To be honest I thought jumping to 8 from 3 was not needed ,but I admit I don't understand the under the hood differences ,and don't understand why it wasn't an upgrade to 3 ,but the jump to 8.1 from 8 is another I didn't understand at all ,though  I did give in and buy both the Centuars and the Mers ,for 8.1 and have been working at changing the materials to make me happy ,still wishing there were more body morphs for the G3 Centuars but work with what you got ......in reality I have enough stuff to keep me busy for years ,it's just a hobby for me ,though it is helpful when I'm working with needle felting or clay ,I did do a needlefeted sea horse based on the Hivewire horse .

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • carrie58 said:

Serene Night said:

carrie58 said:

To be honest I thought jumping to 8 from 3 was not needed ,but I admit I don't understand the under the hood differences ,and don't understand why it wasn't an upgrade to 3 ,but the jump to 8.1 from 8 is another I didn't understand at all ,though  I did give in and buy both the Centuars and the Mers ,for 8.1 and have been working at changing the materials to make me happy ,still wishing there were more body morphs for the G3 Centuars but work with what you got ......in reality I have enough stuff to keep me busy for years ,it's just a hobby for me ,though it is helpful when I'm working with needle felting or clay ,I did do a needlefeted sea horse based on the Hivewire horse .

Jumping from Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 was to bring the Genesis and named character versions into alignment - Michael 8 if for Genesis 8 Male, having Michael 7 be for Genesis 3 Male did cause confusion.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,112

Richard Haseltine said:

carrie58 said:

Serene Night said:

carrie58 said:

Jumping from Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 was to bring the Genesis and named character versions into alignment - Michael 8 if for Genesis 8 Male, having Michael 7 be for Genesis 3 Male did cause confusion.

And, I would imagine, so as not to create confusion between GENERATION 4 and GENESIS 4.

Richard Haseltine said:

carrie58 said:

Serene Night said:

carrie58 said:

That part I understand But what I didn't understand  is were the changes done to G8 enough to warrent it being a "new" Genesis  instead of a modification of Genesis 3.......

carrie58 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

carrie58 said:

Serene Night said:

carrie58 said:

That part I understand But what I didn't understand  is were the changes done to G8 enough to warrent it being a "new" Genesis  instead of a modification of Genesis 3.......

If nothing else, separating the eyelashes from the base figure mesh warranted making it a new figure, and I can't speak to WHY the switch from T-pose to A-pose was made, that would certainly break compatibility as well.

edited March 2022

I like the smoothness of g8.1 movement and in theory, g8.1 has better expressions. However, I find it depends on the character and how mask-like their face is. Since the expression and mouth is more doughy same-face way, the expressions aren't always natural-looking and the pose tends to make all mouths with that expression move and look the same, almost like the mouth is autonymous from the face.

Unfortunately, a lot of the genesis 8.1 male base characters seem to be kind of not nearly as good as the genesis 8 releases, so their usefulness as genetics are somewhat limited. I like quite a few of the pa characters though. Some of the art station buyouts though not so much.

Torment however is the exception. they are excellent.

• Gordig said:

carrie58 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

carrie58 said:

Serene Night said:

carrie58 said:

If nothing else, separating the eyelashes from the base figure mesh warranted making it a new figure, and I can't speak to WHY the switch from T-pose to A-pose was made, that would certainly break compatibility as well.

dForce, I'm pretty sure - though I can't recall if it was officially stated (it wouldn't have been when Genesis 8 appeared as dForce was not then available).

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

vwrangler said:

Serene Night said:

If it helps, the antennae are separate props, so can be taken off.

I don't think Reciecup did a male character for any of the Genesis gneerations. All her males were M4.

Now I like those. They are alien enough to avoid confusion.

@SereneNight do you already have Nix 8 ? He's in the Grab bag today .

@carrie58 thanks! Thats an awesome deal!

I am trying hard to resist buying more horse stuff. My elf-obsession is waning but the horses....Are so cool......

Serene Night said:

I am trying hard to resist buying more horse stuff. My elf-obsession is waning but the horses....Are so cool......

Hehheeh I already gave in to the critter obsession years ago!!!

carrie58 said:

Serene Night said:

I find I go through phases. Babies. Elves. Animals. Then it goes poof, only to surge up every so often. =-) I try to indulge each one for as long as it lasts though. There is always a new one to come around the pike!

edited March 2022

STZ has a very cool bath romantic set over at the other place. The liquid in the champagne glasses needs to be replaced though. It is bright yellow and somewhat disturbing. Here I replaced it with liquid shaders from Mec4d's set 2 which includes some nice liquid/fluid shaders.

You can use the set with any bathtub.

bathousekiss.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M

Serene Night said:

carrie58 said:

Serene Night said:

I find I go through phases. Babies. Elves. Animals. Then it goes poof, only to surge up every so often. =-) I try to indulge each one for as long as it lasts though. There is always a new one to come around the pike!

My art doesn't really have a unifying theme, but I do occasionally go through phases, often based around a new product. I did a spurt of mermaid renders when Coral was released, for example. I got super into Shadowrun a little while back and did a stretch of Shadowrun-themed renders. Other than that, my normal process is just to do Daz roulette: load up the Figures section of Smart Content, click on the scroll bar, close my eyes and move the mouse up and down, then open my eyes and pick a product from that selection. Then I repeat the process for a second character, and figure out what kind of vibe the two characters give me.

edited March 2022

I mostly illustrate Owen and Boyd's many adventures and various other characters. I also admit to liking toons, hunks and sci-fI.

Your way sounds fun. I do try if I buy something to also use it in a render.

Here's what happened when the wheel landed on Sukai and Triceratops:

On the Hunt

That turned out well. The triceratops is about to have a very bad day.

I don't think it has too much to worry about.

edited March 2022

I picked up the Photo Pose on Llamaghini Gallopngo for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female and tested it out on Boyd. They are pretty much what is advertised: car girl pinup poses, with a few- just a few that might work for guy poses. 

The Llamaghini was a bit of a surprise- it's a very nice car. It just needs some iray shader love. Just be warned, there are tons of surfaces, so you may have to spend some time determining which surface you are shading.

Blonde-1.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M