[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• Prospector said:

No joy. So I tried a ver 8. Still no joy. Following page 8 of the PDF. (To Create Smart Content for a Product), Going down list I come to number 5 and its same on any Genesis model or clothes....Comes up [No User Facing Files were detected in the product], so in line 5 of PDF "it will automatically switch you to table view".  It never does. On anything analized.All buttons are non fuctional. in the installation options button I can click Simulate Install ald comes up successful, so Zip and product are fine. I just can't get past line 5 on any Genesis thru Genesis 8.1 be it people,clothes, or textures.I followed your vidio but you already had smart content so it worked as it should (gone to table page), but nothing on going from nothing to ADDING smart content, unless I can't find that video.

Typically, the "No User Facing Files were detected in the product" means that the product folder structure and/or folder names are not arranged the way Daz recommends. Unzip your 3rd-party folder on your desktop and compare the folder structure and names to another similar Daz sold product that you may have.  Arrange the 3rd-party folder structure and names to match, making sure Content is the top-level. Then re-zip the folder. See page 4 of the CW user manual.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited February 2022

Was something changed with the new 4.20?  I am getting the "No User Facing Files were detected in the product" will files that previous worked.   I have compared these files with files that I have previously installed and they are set the same.  I also tried to analysis a previously installed file to see what would happen and get the same.  Now if I try one that I resaved with CW that has the content folder as the front folder it works fine.  The ones that are giving the message are the ones that have People, Runtime, etc as the front folders.

Seems that the leftover content in the working directory was also causing this to happen for whatever reason.  I had forgotten to go back and remove the content as directed in the previous issue from Feb 18th.

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Is there a way to stop CW from reformatting the Product Name?

An example: the zip name is dForce Layered Tees For G8F. When I load it, it is displayed as d Force Layered Tees For G8 F in CW.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

DoctorJellybean said:

Is there a way to stop CW from reformatting the Product Name?

An example: the zip name is dForce Layered Tees For G8F. When I load it, it is displayed as d Force Layered Tees For G8 F in CW.

Sorry, that is CW trying to be "helpful" to you by dividing the zip filename up.  You just have to rename it in CW the once and then you are good.

• My big issue is I cannot get Content Wizard to work at all. I keep installing ad re-installing but it will not start up. I've been advised to try Smart Collections but they also say I will need CW. How can I get it to work?

bnstone_stone said:

My big issue is I cannot get Content Wizard to work at all. I keep installing ad re-installing but it will not start up. I've been advised to try Smart Collections but they also say I will need CW. How can I get it to work?

Can you post the log?  Did you install CW using DIM?  

• RiverSoftArt said:

bnstone_stone said:

My big issue is I cannot get Content Wizard to work at all. I keep installing ad re-installing but it will not start up. I've been advised to try Smart Collections but they also say I will need CW. How can I get it to work?

I used DIM, and manually Installed it, but the same thing happens. I'm not hip on the log, not even sure where to find it even though pleanty of more experianced folk have told me... 

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 762

bnstone_stone said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I used DIM, and manually Installed it, but the same thing happens. I'm not hip on the log, not even sure where to find it even though pleanty of more experianced folk have told me... 

After using/running Content Wizard (CW), open the Daz Log file from: Help-->Troubleshooting-->View Log File
    Then search near the bottom of the log file for the Content Wizard Version Number and logged actions.

Inside Content Wizard, after Installing Content you will be taken to the LOG window. Click the "Save Log" button.
    NOTE: On my Macintosh, clicking the "Save Log" button crashes/closes Content Wizard, So instead, I copy-and-paste the log contents into a new TextEdit document.

robertswww said:

bnstone_stone said:

RiverSoftArt said:

After using/running Content Wizard (CW), open the Daz Log file from: Help-->Troubleshooting-->View Log File
    Then search near the bottom of the log file for the Content Wizard Version Number and logged actions.

Inside Content Wizard, after Installing Content you will be taken to the LOG window. Click the "Save Log" button.
    NOTE: On my Macintosh, clicking the "Save Log" button crashes/closes Content Wizard, So instead, I copy-and-paste the log contents into a new TextEdit document.

Thanks @robertswww for the help!  I prefer the first method as when I need to debug something the Daz Log will have more information than the log inside CW.

• RiverSoftArt said:

robertswww said:

bnstone_stone said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Thanks @robertswww for the help!  I prefer the first method as when I need to debug something the Daz Log will have more information than the log inside CW.

Here is what I get:

<anonymous>()@C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/content wizard.dse:2513

2022-04-18 19:37:40.018 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/content wizard.dse

bnstone_stone said:

Here is what I get:

<anonymous>()@C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/content wizard.dse:2513

2022-04-18 19:37:40.018 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/content wizard.dse

@bnstone_stone It's best to use Daz Install Manager (DIM) to install the Content Wizard utility and NOT Daz Connect.  If you delete your current install of Content Wizard and then re-install using DIM will most likely fix this issue... @RiverSoftArt do you concur?

robertswww said:

bnstone_stone said:

Here is what I get:

@bnstone_stone It's best to use Daz Install Manager (DIM) to install the Content Wizard utility and NOT Daz Connect.  If you delete your current install of Content Wizard and then re-install using DIM will most likely fix this issue... @RiverSoftArt do you concur?

Yes, this is most likely a Daz Connect; my products (except possibly for Turbo Loader and on) do not run well.  You need to uninstall, then delete all files in C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507 and then reinstall via DIM.   

• RiverSoftArt said:

robertswww said:

bnstone_stone said:

Here is what I get:

Yes, this is most likely a Daz Connect; my products (except possibly for Turbo Loader and on) do not run well.  You need to uninstall, then delete all files in C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507 and then reinstall via DIM.   

Nope, still getting the same thing, and I used DIM for the install too. 

bnstone_stone said:

RiverSoftArt said:

robertswww said:

bnstone_stone said:

Here is what I get:

Did you delete all files in C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507?  What does the log say now?

• RiverSoftArt said:

bnstone_stone said:

RiverSoftArt said:

robertswww said:

bnstone_stone said:

Here is what I get:

Did you delete all files in C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507?  What does the log say now?

Yes. 

bnstone_stone said:

Yes. 

Try to run the Content Wizard script again, then post the errors you are getting in the Daz Log file (scroll to the bottom of the log to the Content Wizard errors) in Daz Studio here: 
    Help-->Troubleshooting-->View Log File 

• Here is the error:

2022-04-21 19:22:45.859 [INFO] :: Loading script: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/content wizard.dse

2022-04-21 19:22:45.873 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_84396/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa

2022-04-21 19:22:45.883 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rssmartcontentconstants.dsa

2022-04-21 19:22:45.892 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_84396/data/riversoft art/common/rsbuildpanels.dsa

2022-04-21 19:22:45.905 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_83902/data/riversoft art/common/seedrandom.dsa

2022-04-21 19:22:45.920 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_80730/data/riversoft art/common/rsassemblylinefunctions.dse.enc

2022-04-21 19:22:45.927 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_83902/data/riversoft art/common/rshelperfunctions.dse

2022-04-21 19:22:45.934 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_84396/data/riversoft art/common/rsadvhelperfunctions.dse

2022-04-21 19:22:45.942 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_84396/data/riversoft art/common/rs2020helperfunctions.dse

2022-04-21 19:22:45.952 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rssmartcontentcategoryeditor.dse

2022-04-21 19:22:45.959 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/data/rightarrowtriangle.png

2022-04-21 19:22:45.962 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/data/selectedcategory.png

2022-04-21 19:22:45.965 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rssmartcontentfunctions.dse

2022-04-21 19:22:46.234 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 2513

2022-04-21 19:22:46.234 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: ASLlogToDaz

2022-04-21 19:22:46.234 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

2022-04-21 19:22:46.237 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/content wizard.dse

bnstone_stone said:

Here is the error:

2022-04-21 19:22:45.859 [INFO] :: Loading script: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/content wizard.dse

2022-04-21 19:22:45.873 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_84396/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa

2022-04-21 19:22:45.883 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rssmartcontentconstants.dsa

2022-04-21 19:22:45.892 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_84396/data/riversoft art/common/rsbuildpanels.dsa

2022-04-21 19:22:45.905 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_83902/data/riversoft art/common/seedrandom.dsa

2022-04-21 19:22:45.920 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_80730/data/riversoft art/common/rsassemblylinefunctions.dse.enc

2022-04-21 19:22:45.927 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_83902/data/riversoft art/common/rshelperfunctions.dse

2022-04-21 19:22:45.934 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_84396/data/riversoft art/common/rsadvhelperfunctions.dse

2022-04-21 19:22:45.942 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_84396/data/riversoft art/common/rs2020helperfunctions.dse

2022-04-21 19:22:45.952 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rssmartcontentcategoryeditor.dse

2022-04-21 19:22:45.959 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/data/rightarrowtriangle.png

2022-04-21 19:22:45.962 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/data/selectedcategory.png

2022-04-21 19:22:45.965 [DEBUG] :: Found: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/data/riversoft art/common/rssmartcontentfunctions.dse

2022-04-21 19:22:46.234 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: ASLlogToDaz

2022-04-21 19:22:46.237 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: C:/Users/bnsto/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_67507/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/content wizard.dse

Very helpful!  The "My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud" in all of those file references means that they are installed via Daz Connect.  The number after "data/cloud" refers to the product number, so Content Wizard (67507) is loading files from Smart Collections (84396), Camera DOF (83902), and Props & Poses Converter from G2F to G8F (80730), all installed via Daz Connect.  This is why Daz Connect causes problems, instead of pulling in the versions that came with Content Wizard, it is pulling in files from several products.  Weirdly, the offending file is RSAssemblyLineFunctions.dse (it contains the ASLlogToDaz variable that is used by Content Wizard). Instead of pulling in a ".dse" file, it pulled in a ".dse.enc" so You might be able to get away with only uninstalling Props & Poses Converter (and installing it via DIM).

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

@RiverSoftArt I wanted to thank you for Content Wizard. Thanks to it, I was finally able to to install as Smart Content and use a figure and an outfit from 'rotica store, which sells some surprisingly awesome looking outfits, which are not really adult only themed.

There is a problem I was not able to overcome and would be grateful for any pointers, though, please. The contents of the products are a messy heap of files without any sense of order. Is this caused by the author or can it be sorted somehow?

Furthermore, the Content Wizard says the files from the unzipped files (after running the product analysis) will be deleted, but they seem to remain in the original directory, I since then changed it, because by default, the location was set to my SSD drive with limited capacity.

watchdog79 said:

@RiverSoftArt I wanted to thank you for Content Wizard. Thanks to it, I was finally able to to install as Smart Content and use a figure and an outfit from 'rotica store, which sells some surprisingly awesome looking outfits, which are not really adult only themed.

You're welcome!

There is a problem I was not able to overcome and would be grateful for any pointers, though, please. The contents of the products are a messy heap of files without any sense of order. Is this caused by the author or can it be sorted somehow?

It is coming from the zip and not something you can probably fix as there will be references to the location of these files in some of the files.

Furthermore, the Content Wizard says the files from the unzipped files (after running the product analysis) will be deleted, but they seem to remain in the original directory, I since then changed it, because by default, the location was set to my SSD drive with limited capacity.

Content Wizard does not delete the contents of the Work Directory until the next product analysis.  If you changed it and the old directory was truly the work directory, it is safe to delete the old directory.

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

Thank you very much for the answers.smiley

watchdog79 said:

Thank you very much for the answers.smiley

You're welcome!

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569
    edited April 2022

watchdog79 said:

I am working with Content Wizard for about two years. It does remarkeably well with identifying contents. However, if the PA is creating a content mess, CW can only do some educated guessing on the nature of a content file.

Example: some creators are throwing everything into "environments", even the single props that come with it. Sometimes, CW can sort this out, sometimes not so well. In those cases, the content creator is to blame. As I use to say on other occasions: artificial intelligence is beaten by natural ignorance 10 out of 10 times. 

For the 'otic' store, you will notice that quite a lot of creators are storing their content in a hierarchy starting from "My Library". If you move the content of that folder one level up, and save the zip file again (don't overwrite), you will do CW a favour.

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
  • RiverSoftArt said:

bnstone_stone said:

Here is the error:

Very helpful!  The "My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud" in all of those file references means that they are installed via Daz Connect.  The number after "data/cloud" refers to the product number, so Content Wizard (67507) is loading files from Smart Collections (84396), Camera DOF (83902), and Props & Poses Converter from G2F to G8F (80730), all installed via Daz Connect.  This is why Daz Connect causes problems, instead of pulling in the versions that came with Content Wizard, it is pulling in files from several products.  Weirdly, the offending file is RSAssemblyLineFunctions.dse (it contains the ASLlogToDaz variable that is used by Content Wizard). Instead of pulling in a ".dse" file, it pulled in a ".dse.enc" so You might be able to get away with only uninstalling Props & Poses Converter (and installing it via DIM).

So I uninstalled Props & Poses Converter from G2F to G8F, then uninstalled Content Wizard to get a clean slate.

Now both of them are gone.. I mean I cannot redownload them in DIM...

bnstone_stone said:

RiverSoftArt said:

bnstone_stone said:

Here is the error:

So I uninstalled Props & Poses Converter from G2F to G8F, then uninstalled Content Wizard to get a clean slate.

?!!?!!  They are not showing up in DIM?  That will be a Daz question then.

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

watchdog79 said:

I am working with Content Wizard for about two years. It does remarkeably well with identifying contents. However, if the PA is creating a content mess, CW can only do some educated guessing on the nature of a content file.

Example: some creators are throwing everything into "environments", even the single props that come with it. Sometimes, CW can sort this out, sometimes not so well. In those cases, the content creator is to blame. As I use to say on other occasions: artificial intelligence is beaten by natural ignorance 10 out of 10 times. 

For the 'otic' store, you will notice that quite a lot of creators are storing their content in a hierarchy starting from "My Library". If you move the content of that folder one level up, and save the zip file again (don't overwrite), you will do CW a favour.

Thanks for the info Mark_e593e0a5! (and the nice testimonial smiley)

• RiverSoftArt said:

bnstone_stone said:

RiverSoftArt said:

bnstone_stone said:

Here is the error:

So what I did was after all this panic I did, I had to uninstall CW also though DAZ, then it showed up but not G2 to G8. Then after that I was able to run CW.

Now it works so far, I could only reinstas G2 to G8 through Daz Studio, and it also appears to be working too.

Next step, trying to understand how to work CW as I have been informed by others that it is a steep tool to learn and after reviewing the PDF and interface, I must agree... 

bnstone_stone said:

RiverSoftArt said:

bnstone_stone said:

RiverSoftArt said:

bnstone_stone said:

Here is the error:

So what I did was after all this panic I did, I had to uninstall CW also though DAZ, then it showed up but not G2 to G8. Then after that I was able to run CW.

Now it works so far, I could only reinstas G2 to G8 through Daz Studio, and it also appears to be working too.

Next step, trying to understand how to work CW as I have been informed by others that it is a steep tool to learn and after reviewing the PDF and interface, I must agree... 

Phew!  I am glad you got it working.

I would watch the tutorial: 

It is not hard to get into: add zips, name product and id, analyze and then install (once to Content Library and once to Smart Content).  The subtleties start tripping you up for things it cannot analyze perfectly (pose products mostly).

• mdingmding Posts: 1,133
    edited April 2022

I have a problem with smart content creation:

I want to make some old traveler/RDNA stuff from DAZ shop smart, like https://DAZ3D.com/rdna-grasslands-iv-vol-1

After changing the icon, typing in the info, adding the .zip to the "Input files" list, unziping and analyzing i get the "no user facing files..." message, which usually means wrong folder structure. Here is the folder structure: 

(1)" ...RDNAGrasslandsIVVol1.zip"

(2)--> "Content" folder + Manifest.dsx + Supplement.dsx

(3)-->  [content folder] "Runtime" folder

(4)--> [runtime folder] "Geometries" folder / "Libraries" folder / "Textures" folder

(5)--> [geometries folder] Modualz folder --> Grasslands4 folder --> .obj files

(5)--> [libraries folder] Props folder --> DNA_Grasslands_IV --> .pp2 and .rsr files

(5)--> [textures folder] Modualz folder --> Grasslands4 --> .jpg files

Could somebody help me please?

Post edited by mding on

mding said:

I have a problem with smart content creation:

I want to make some old traveler/RDNA stuff from DAZ shop smart, like https://DAZ3D.com/rdna-grasslands-iv-vol-1

After changing the icon, typing in the info, adding the .zip to the "Input files" list, unziping and analyzing i get the "no user facing files..." message, which usually means wrong folder structure. Here is the folder structure: 

(1)" ...RDNAGrasslandsIVVol1.zip"

(2)--> "Content" folder + Manifest.dsx + Supplement.dsx

(3)-->  [content folder] "Runtime" folder

(4)--> [runtime folder] "Geometries" folder / "Libraries" folder / "Textures" folder

(5)--> [geometries folder] Modualz folder --> Grasslands4 folder --> .obj files

(5)--> [libraries folder] Props folder --> DNA_Grasslands_IV --> .pp2 and .rsr files

(5)--> [textures folder] Modualz folder --> Grasslands4 --> .jpg files

Could somebody help me please?

CW ignores all files in the Runtime folder.  You *might* be able to move the Props folder to the Content/Props folder, it depends on if the references inside the .pp2 files were made.