What is Hexagon?

Hi guys. I just set up daz and in the left pane of the Daz central I see a Hexagon app under Daz studio. What exactly is it and what are the differences with the latter?

Comments

• Hexagon is a modeller, you can use it to create new 3D models or to modify existing ones. Daz Studio is mainly for staging and posing existing content.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Hexagon is a modeller, you can use it to create new 3D models or to modify existing ones. Daz Studio is mainly for staging and posing existing content.

Thanks. As far as I read, genesis essentials offers basic figures that can be customized. So is it correct that I can create a new model from scratch within Daz studio only? 

• armydoll said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Hexagon is a modeller, you can use it to create new 3D models or to modify existing ones. Daz Studio is mainly for staging and posing existing content.

Thanks. As far as I read, genesis essentials offers basic figures that can be customized. So is it correct that I can create a new model from scratch within Daz studio only? 

Although Daz Studio has very simple tools (the ability to create basic geometric solids, to selectively stratch, scale, or rotate them usign dForms, and to delete portions using the Geometry Editor tool) it is very weak compared to a full modeller like Hexagon.