Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Brilliant, head wax - congrats :)

Oz is where we South Africans go for an easy game of rugga!

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 2014

I found some gemstone models for free use at http://www.3dlapidary.com/ and created some materials for them in Carrara. The models were in a variety of formats - I imported the .OBJ versions and then creased all the edges to get the sharpness back. Playing around with them gave me the idea for this image - I spent a good part of the day dropping coin and gem models onto a plane to get a spread I liked... I probably could have just manually placed everything in the same time. :)

At one point I had some really nice caustics going on but I moved the lights around and lost them and was never able to get them back. :(

Dagger, coins and ring modeled in Carrara; all textures created in Carrara. Carrara 8.5 Pro render with no post work other than adding signature.

Mark

TheSimplePleasures.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 138K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • pimpypimpy Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

New and old earrings...
    (Wings 3D + Carrara 8 Pro)

old_earrings.jpg
    1500 x 850 - 940K
  • pimpypimpy Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

My last render: “Winter Mornig”
    I used Carrara 8 Pro, Ivy Generator and the free model of a bird (robin) found here: http://www.most-digital-creations.com/robin.htm
    Hope you enjoy it!

winter_morning.jpg
    2000 x 867 - 705K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

pimpy said:
    I used Carrara 8 Pro, Ivy Generator and the free model of a bird (robin) found here: http://www.most-digital-creations.com/robin.htm
    Hope you enjoy it!

super work

• DondecDondec Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

I rendered this short vid in stereoscopic 3D using Carrara 8.5 Pro, rigged with a Left and Right eye camera parented to a regular Carrara camera. Unfortunately you're seeing the 2D version... YouTube's stereoscopic mode seems broken now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPM1Ru3s_g4

In brief: I got the HowieFarkes "Harpsburg" scene set and moved the camera around, creating adjacent keys, rendering individual pictures. The renders I got after tweaking lights, AO and a few textures inspired me to stretch the keys apart and create this little movie, you know, to show family and friends over the holidays. The wire renders were done in 720p and the full color renders 1080p. Two render passes, one for each eye L/R.

The wireframe in stereo is pretty impressive on a 3D TV and I think more clearly conveys to my family what I see and work with in the Carrara interface. In 2D the wireframe may look more like a blur. Sorry bout that. Its best in HD viewing mode. Anyway, I hope this is appropriate to show here. Sort of a learning project for me in terms of lighting, rendering, stereoscopic editing and audio work.

- Don
    PS. HowieFarkes is amazing! Thank you for this amazing product.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I rendered this short vid in stereoscopic 3D using Carrara 8.5 Pro, rigged with a Left and Right eye camera parented to a regular Carrara camera. Unfortunately you're seeing the 2D version... YouTube's stereoscopic mode seems broken now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPM1Ru3s_g4

In brief: I got the HowieFarkes "Harpsburg" scene set and moved the camera around, creating adjacent keys, rendering individual pictures. The renders I got after tweaking lights, AO and a few textures inspired me to stretch the keys apart and create this little movie, you know, to show family and friends over the holidays. The wire renders were done in 720p and the full color renders 1080p. Two render passes, one for each eye L/R.

The wireframe in stereo is pretty impressive on a 3D TV and I think more clearly conveys to my family what I see and work with in the Carrara interface. In 2D the wireframe may look more like a blur. Sorry bout that. Its best in HD viewing mode. Anyway, I hope this is appropriate to show here. Sort of a learning project for me in terms of lighting, rendering, stereoscopic editing and audio work.

- Don
    PS. HowieFarkes is amazing! Thank you for this amazing product.

Very nice work on your video.

edited December 1969

pimpy said:
    Hope you enjoy it!

Really great mood you've got going on there! Love the lighting!

The atmosphere and clouds lends itself to a very painterly look.

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Nice work MDO , pimpy and Don!

But meanwhile,in an alternate universe.....

NorrisHead60.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 436K
  • JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited December 1969

Great work by everyone, very inspiring.
    This is a quick experiment with Carrara 8.5 Pro and the Architekt Photoshop Action [ http://graphicriver.net/item/architekt-photoshop-action/9368099 ]

leap_of_faith.jpg
    638 x 826 - 136K
    edited December 1969

Nice work MDO , pimpy and Don!

But meanwhile,in an alternate universe.....

cool
    how did you get away !

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

Now that My daughter is done her animation i will be able to sork on the Monthly challenge again. Hopefully getting it done in time.
    She abandoned her home made ship and used ones I already had in my library as it was taking to long to model, texture and have look right for her first Modeling and animation project in Carrara.

Here is the link to her Vid mainly done in Carrara.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26H7Ktexe-E

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

pimpy - love the earrings, especially the textures and the whole feel of "Winter Morning"

Don - thanks for the tour of Hapsburg - that's been on my wishlist for a while now

Stu - so cool, I love all your stuff that I've seen (but that doesn't look like an alternate universe I want to visit unless I'm heavily armed ;) )

joeping - thanks for the link to that PS action, that looks like an awesome effect for some heroic action shots I have on my to-do list

Chickenman - anytime something starts with a slow pan across a star field I always have flashbacks to first seeing Star Wars in the theaters as a kid back in 1977 so that video has my "thumbs up." :)

Mark

edited December 1969

Now that My daughter is done her animation i will be able to sork on the Monthly challenge again. Hopefully getting it done in time.
    She abandoned her home made ship and used ones I already had in my library as it was taking to long to model, texture and have look right for her first Modeling and animation project in Carrara.

Here is the link to her Vid mainly done in Carrara.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26H7Ktexe-E

Her camera work and animation look good. The lighting could use some work, but it is an excellent beginning to what should be an impressive demo reel. If she's serious about this, then she should consider getting, Digital Lighting and Rendering, by Jeremy Birn. It's an outstanding, approachable, and software agnostic book on lighting for both still shots and animation.

• DondecDondec Posts: 243
    edited December 2014

Wow... really enjoying the varied styles. Everybodies got a cool thing going here. Thanks for posting. So educational to see all this stuff.

This is just a quick hack... I was rendering the Ynes figure out, for a sort of a virtual photo shoot animation I'm planning, and while I was in my video editor (Sony Vegas) I dropped the Boris Art Effect "Cartoon Look" filter on the render. After jacking the saturation this is what came out...

- Don

R_0001.jpg
    560 x 729 - 62K
    Post edited by Dondec on
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments, I will pass it along as well as the book title.
    I thought she did alright for a first attempt. She had one week from start to finish from the time she said she was going to do it until it was completed.
    this just reaffirmed that she wants to og to college for 3D animation.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments, I will pass it along as well as the book title.
    I thought she did alright for a first attempt. She had one week from start to finish from the time she said she was going to do it until it was completed.
    this just reaffirmed that she wants to og to college for 3D animation.

One week to get that done is very impressive.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Brilliant, head wax - congrats :)

Oz is where we South Africans go for an easy game of rugga!

thanks Roy :) appreciated

edited December 1969

Bunyip02 said:
    bigh said:
    head wax said:
    Thanks ! I think there is maybe 30? They'll be projecting the work onto buildings for 24 days as well ! ;)

so you are in South Africa ?
    and xmas sales start Dec 1 ?

Hello Bigh

Wrong continent - try a bit to the East of Africa. :-)
    (Not too far East - Kiwi's call us West Islanders) ;-P

Hello Headwax

Excellent work, hope it get's you heap's more work as well !!!!!

Thanks Bunyip02
    :)

edited December 2014

g!

Post edited by Headwax on
  • donatodonato Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

Love the way you can use transparency maps to make animation interact with Carrara models. The shadows add so much realism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZmZZ3k_N54

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 1969

lighting test; more contrast in post

Doc300.JPG
    2000 x 1552 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Merry Christmas to All !
    Hope every one has a wonderful New Year

edited December 1969

Working on a Cement pond. I'm probably going to get rid of the room and make it a rooftop pool. I made the walls to check the caustics.

cement_pond.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 394K
  • FenricFenric Posts: 351
    edited December 1969

And sometimes, Carrara reminds me why it's still my favorite.

"Standard" renderer, no global illumination.

GreatHall.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 634K
    edited December 1969

Fenric said:
    And sometimes, Carrara reminds me why it's still my favorite.

"Standard" renderer, no global illumination.

Very nice. What did you use for lights? Shape lights? Something else?

• FenricFenric Posts: 351
    edited December 1969

"Sky" ambient gives the blue-cast. Ambient Occlusion takes out the blue where it doesn't belong
    The sun is just a distant at 200% intensity
    The reflected light is a series of bulbs placed at each "pool" of light

Lights.jpg
    1678 x 1061 - 822K
    edited December 1969

Nice and and fairly simple!

• RestifRestif Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

joeping said:
    Great work by everyone, very inspiring.
    This is a quick experiment with Carrara 8.5 Pro and the Architekt Photoshop Action [ http://graphicriver.net/item/architekt-photoshop-action/9368099 ]

This is really an outstanding render and composite using that photoshop plugin. Really nice work!

edited December 1969

Just doing a bit of kit-bashing to get an idea of what I want around my pool.

cement_pond02.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 488K
This discussion has been closed.