Dark Apocalypse: Shrieker [Commercial]

Comments

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
    edited December 1969

The last version of DS3 does include HSS in the base isntall, not need to add it separately.

Oh cool... I knew DS4 came with it, but I didn't know DS3 did. Thanks for the help, Richard!

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This thing is COOL! :coolsmile: :snake:

I don't have a render worth sharing, but in my experiments last night it rendered fast and clean, and was easy to work with! I just need a figure for it to be chewing on and I don't have any in my current runtime... :red: that's tonight's fun.

Thanks for making an excellent figure! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

This thing is COOL! :coolsmile: :snake:

I don't have a render worth sharing, but in my experiments last night it rendered fast and clean, and was easy to work with! I just need a figure for it to be chewing on and I don't have any in my current runtime... :red: that's tonight's fun.

Thanks for making an excellent figure! :coolsmile:

Yes.... it must... feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed :vampire: mwahahahahahaaa

And awwwww ty... I am glad everyone is enjoying him!

edited August 2012

Found this quite accidentally lol for you sand worm enthusiasts.... heres a size chart lol

The Shrieker is closest to the graboid in species

tumblr_lk4uuocgTh1qc2id2o1_500.jpg
    480 x 441 - 60K
    Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
    edited December 1969

What this thread needs.... is more.... COWBELL!

No wait... I mean.... more renders!!!

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

how about More Cowgirl instead ?

Dont_stoppng_jpg.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 444K
    edited December 1969

haha AWESOME!!! We all know how everything is bigger in Texas ;)

Great job on the render! You know, I thought about the potential of having 3d ppl ride it.... hm.....

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited December 1969

oooohhhh.... a worm saddle??? Are you hinting at a worm saddle? WooHoo!! Ride 'em wormgirl! LOL

btw...great render, Dire! :)

edited December 1969

oooohhhh.... a worm saddle??? Are you hinting at a worm saddle?

Well I dunno when I could get to it, or if it would be worth making. But I am saying... it could be done... and the idea has merit ;)

edited December 1969

I think that would be VERY cool! :)

edited December 1969

Thanks :) i had the idea in my head all day and figured while i was sitting bored i might as well go for it, and then i saw the Cowbell post and laughed.

edited August 2012

Really? That's weird...haha...in a cool sort of way... You guys must have had a mind link!

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Well, you could say More CowBelle. ;-)

Love your render btw.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

/grumble. I finally had to turn Subsurface Scattering off to get a full size render. Otherwise, I got that nasty Visual c++ Runtime error. This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way ... once the subsurface pass ended.

But ... here she is. In all her glory.

Shrieker.jpg
    1296 x 1728 - 452K
    edited December 1969

/grumble. I finally had to turn Subsurface Scattering off to get a full size render. Otherwise, I got that nasty Visual c++ Runtime error. This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way ... once the subsurface pass ended.

But ... here she is. In all her glory.

Awesome render!!! Love the color palette. Sorry to hear the SSS isn't working for ya, though. It sounds like an error with visual c++ or maybe poser and your machine. Perhaps a reinstall would help?

edited December 1969

"Look, you've been to Saturn... I've been to Saturn..." quote from Beetlejuice

LOL...

I do just LOVE this worm, Ignis!!! :) :) :)

I have been having a blast playing with him. He is just awesome! :)

I would use other smileys to emphasize how much I love him....but the smileys kinda creep me out except the normal smiley one...lol

Anyway.... I've decided to call this guy Saturn and am going to Poserize and Dazerize him today and share him as a freebie if anyone wants him... just have to figure out DS surfaces, cuz they're still weird to me...

And I still can't render in DS ....but here he is anyway...LOL

Thanks, Ignis for an awesome figure!! I really do LOVE him!!!

SaturnFinal.jpg
    553 x 589 - 218K
    edited August 2012

LOL...

I do just LOVE this worm, Ignis!!! :) :) :)

I have been having a blast playing with him. He is just awesome! :)

I would use other smileys to emphasize how much I love him....but the smileys kinda creep me out except the normal smiley one...lol

Anyway.... I've decided to call this guy Saturn and am going to Poserize and Dazerize him today and share him as a freebie if anyone wants him... just have to figure out DS surfaces, cuz they're still weird to me...

And I still can't render in DS ....but here he is anyway...LOL

Thanks, Ignis for an awesome figure!! I really do LOVE him!!!

Well as you already know, I LOVE this!!! I am a big beetlejuice goob, so the min I saw it, I knew what it was from lol He's coming along really well, and I have to say, I like the cyan. Its kinna funky-other-worldly. You are doing a great job with it!!!

If u want to use my mats/settings for the DS surfaces, you can, and just swap out the tex (just keep in mind, the SSS will require EHSS then) Its up to you tho ;)

edited August 2012

Thanks, Iggy! I do really appreciate any help I can get! I also do have other beauty options in case some people aren't crazy about the cyan!! LOL. Still have a bit of work to do, but I was just getting anxious to share... :)

Anyway....I'll stop hijacking your thread, now!! LOL. Thanks again for making him. He really is alot of fun, and I really do love him. :)

SaturnOptions.jpg
    800 x 800 - 329K
    edited December 1969

LOL...

\

lol that is completely awesome . I love that the tongue is even striped.

edited August 2012

Thanks, Iggy! I do really appreciate any help I can get! I also do have other beauty options in case some people aren't crazy about the cyan!! LOL. Still have a bit of work to do, but I was just getting anxious to share... :)

Anyway....I'll stop hijacking your thread, now!! LOL. Thanks again for making him. He really is alot of fun, and I really do love him. :)

Oh, nonsense... I am more than happy to have anyone who is supporting one of my sets come in my threads and post their wips and promos. It gives the people who bought it a good place to find add-ons and whatnot.

Have to say, I also like the rust too - and the plain black and white.

edited December 1969

Amazing textures! Love them. :) They'll make Shrieker even more versitile when you release them. Thanks for taking the time to work on such a fabulous freebie. :)
    edited August 2012

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! :) I am shooting for the end of the day, but realistically, I shouldn't promise til monday... lol. Glad you guys like him. :)

So... anyway...

I'll be back, when I have things finished up. I'm supposed to be doing this vocabulary thing, but...

(I'm playing hooky... :red: ..shhhhhhhh!!!)

I really will get back to the vocabulary thing, though... as soon as I finish this up... and I might take a wee break and even go play some SIMS for a bit...lol... but I will finish it up by the week-end and return with links. Thanks again everyone... and mostly thanks again to Ignis. :)

**waves**

edited December 1969

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! :) I am shooting for the end of the day, but realistically, I shouldn't promise til monday... lol. Glad you guys like him. :)

So... anyway...

I'll be back, when I have things finished up. I'm supposed to be doing this vocabulary thing, but...

(I'm playing hooky... :red: ..shhhhhhhh!!!)

I really will get back to the vocabulary thing, though... as soon as I finish this up... and I might take a wee break and even go play some SIMS for a bit...lol... but I will finish it up by the week-end and return with links. Thanks again everyone... and mostly thanks again to Ignis. :)

**waves**

Take all the time you need. ;-) You can't rush a good thing. :coolsmile:

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

I've resisted enough...

Apologies to Ray Stevens...

Oh yes they call it the Shriek (squee!)
    (run real fast) (run real fast)
    Fastest worm on the street (squee!)

It likes to eat, everything that it sees
    Especially all that red meat...
    >)0oooo.....

Heee Heee.

Kendall

edited December 1969

I've resisted enough...

>)0oooo.....

Heee Heee.

Kendall

LOL dont think Im familiar with that song. But your lyrics are cute lol
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited August 2012

I've resisted enough...

>)0oooo.....

Heee Heee.

Kendall

LOL dont think Im familiar with that song. But your lyrics are cute lol

The song is "The Streak" by Ray Stevens. Look on youtube there is an official version on there.

Kendall

Edit: fix left out text... android and the forum editor don't get along.

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

Funny stuff, Kendall!! heehee... gave me giggles... LOL

edited December 1969

Hey guys!

Sorry for my absence. Been busy and junk. Spent today getting Poser SR3 (and getting booted every 5 seconds during.... feh!)

We need more renders!!! hehe!

edited August 2012

Well... this may not exactly count as a render....

...but...

I made it back, anyway!! Here's the link to the Saturn freebie, if anyone wants it:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/64205/view/11/Poser/Saturn-for-Shrieker

Thanks again, Ignis for such an awesome figure. I haven't had so much fun in a long time! :)

(p.s... I didn't have testers for this one, so please let me know if you guys have any issues with it, OK?)

PROMO3.jpg
    707 x 501 - 290K
    edited December 1969

Looks awesome jassy! And the promo looks good too. Here's wishing you tons of downloads <3</p>

Im going to share it on my fb, in fact.... get you some more ;)

This discussion has been closed.