The We Will Miss You, Chohole Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686

I made too many pancakes today.  I need to wait to finish mine.

• Not many suggestions for the new thread title yet.  We're running out of time.

"The Fresh Start Complaint Thread"

"Blizzard Of '22 Complaint Thread"

"The Woe Is Me Complaint Thread"

"Stop The World, I Want To Get Off Complaint Thread"

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,314

NonComplaint: No snow here on the NC Outer Banks. The predicted 2 to 3 inches of snow all came as rain instead. 

I hope Dana and McGyver and all the other Northeast forumites are surviving the winter storm.

The forums were unresponsive and unrealistically unreachable.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited January 2022

Complaint:  The forum is still winking into the void far too often.frown

Non-complaint:  I received the TPM security device for my BabyBear computer and finally managed to get it installed and enabled. 

Complaint:  I removed the SSD system drive from BabyBear and disconnected all other drives.  I put in a brand new SSD for testing but I still can't get Windows11 to install.sad  Although, I really shouldn't be surprised.  None of the official ASUS lists identifying Win11 compatible ASUS motherboards showed my specific motherboard as being compatible.  I found the TPM header on the motherboard, I finally found the right TPM device for a reasonable cost, I installed the device and after some BIOS tomfoolery and a couple of reboots, was able to assure myself that it was running on the TPM module and not in firmware.  So now all smug I try to install Win11 on a new SSD and it starts but quickly says "Win11 can not run on this machine".  I've tried using the different drive partitioning scheme other than MBR and that prevented the installation even earlier giving an error "Cannot write to <xxx> partitions, use MBR".

What am I missing?crying  What is the reason the motherboard does not support Win11?  Can it be fixed with BIOS (already got the latest)?  I haven't found a really good app or installer that tells you exactly why it's failing.  They must know.  They're going down a long checklist and giving up without saying exactly what it didn't like.  If anybody knows of a proper diagnostic app for Win11 readiness let us know.yes

Sigh, 'puters!  I'm so glad that I don't have to deal with more than my handful anymore.indecision

Non-complaint:  Wheee... delivery pizza just came.  Mmmmm... pizza!heart

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

I ate a cupcake.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...The Too Many Pancakes and Not Enough Syrup Complaint Thread.
    ...The Winking and Blinking Forums Complaint Thread.
    ...The Cupcake Is Not A Lie Complaint Thread.
    ...The Abnormal Dreams Complaint Thread.
    ...The Lost Shipment Complaint Thread.
    ...The I MIss The Creeper Complaint Thread.
    ...The I Hate My Electric Bill Complaint Thread.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,493

I finally have a complaint I feel like telling somebody. I actually have a lot of those. But this one is about how when you get to the last promo picture, it just cycles back to the first one instead of stopping. Now it takes me some time to figure out I've gotten to the last one and I'm back at the beginning.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,314

The Where In The World Is Misty Complaint Thread

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436

LeatherGryphon said:

Not many suggestions for the new thread title yet.  We're running out of time.

That's how I feel right now.

Or "The 'Scotty, beam me up' Complaint thread".

I need another box for my ever-expanding Spice Girls Collection. I wish this house was bigger. I'd have a few more bookcases to display stuff. I could also do with getting a box for my craft stuff. 

Urgh. Another 160GB to go before the last of my Daz stuff is loaded onto the External HDD...  

I've got to convert another character to 8.1. It's a pity that there aren't converters for somethings (e.g. texture conversion without faffing around with the PBR Skin Iray Shader).

Non-rant: "Captain Pudge" is here!  

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Charlie Judge said:

NonComplaint: No snow here on the NC Outer Banks. The predicted 2 to 3 inches of snow all came as rain instead. 

I hope Dana and McGyver and all the other Northeast forumites are surviving the winter storm.

I only went outside once...and I bundled up for it.  I had to uncover one of the vents to the gas furnace, it was completely covered in snow.  No harm indoors, but it was probably just a matter of time. 

Dana

I want French toast but don't have enough syrup complaint!

Charlie Judge said:

...yes heart 

• kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

...yes heart 

+1

edited January 2022

Non-complaint:  I love this little snippet from composer Antonin Dvorak. 

It's a scene from the movie "Allegro Non Troppo".  A knockoff parody of Disney's "Fantasia".

I like several of the cartoon scenes in that movie but the live parts suck royal swamp water.  Foreign comedy, not funny.

The Dvorak Slavic Dance #7 is a lively little piece illustrated by a poignant comment on human nature.

Where did they get the umbrella and mallet?

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,493

N-RArts said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Not many suggestions for the new thread title yet.  We're running out of time.

That's how I feel right now.

Or "The 'Scotty, beam me up' Complaint thread".

I need another box for my ever-expanding Spice Girls Collection. I wish this house was bigger. I'd have a few more bookcases to display stuff. I could also do with getting a box for my craft stuff. 

Urgh. Another 160GB to go before the last of my Daz stuff is loaded onto the External HDD...  

I've got to convert another character to 8.1. It's a pity that there aren't converters for somethings (e.g. texture conversion without faffing around with the PBR Skin Iray Shader).

Non-rant: "Captain Pudge" is here!  

My plan is to store stuff vertically instead of on the ground. There's just too much vertical space not being used for anything. 

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  I love this little snippet from composer Antonin Dvorak. 

It's a scene from the movie "Allegro Non Troppo".  A knockoff parody of Disney's "Fantasia".

I like several of the cartoon scenes in that movie but the live parts suck royal swamp water.  Foreign comedy, not funny.

The Dvorak Slavic Dance #7 is a lively little piece illustrated by a poignant portrayal of human nature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y87nLlz3iD

....heh, love that film. 

Does anyone remember MoviePass?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

LeatherGryphon said:

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

...yes heart 

+1

And yet another +1

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008

The Happy $#&@% New Year Complaint Thread

I hope Misty is okay thread?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008

edited January 2022

I am thinking of making up a sport called football.

C8989638-9B34-47B5-8A75-EF3C7B3C8BEA.png
    2360 x 1640 - 3M
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
    edited January 2022

Sfariah said:

I am thinking of making up a sport called football.

I think a game of "footbowl" might be interesting.   No shoes, one big hole in the ball, arms tied behind your back.enlightened 

edited January 2022

Hmmm... where's McGyver?  Snowed in, and powerless?indecision

Complaint:  Grrr... still working on my TPM secure boot issues on my "BabyBear" machine although I did finally find an article that seems to have some good, specific advice for my particular board.  It seems to indicate that it can work, but so far not for me.sad https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/asus-tuf-gaming-b450m-plus-ii-am4-tpm-module-built-in-for-windows-11.3727129/

I've figured out how to get the Microsoft Win11 readiness tool downloaded and report all status issues instead of just "Go", "noGo".

Also, again I've found a reference that says that  secureboot, at least for Win11, requires the other partitioning technology ("GPT" that uses UEFI tech, not legacy MBR tech), so when I get the energy and smoke out some of this frustration I'll try emptying and re-initializing my SSD and tinker with the BIOS some more.  I'm determined to beat this TPM issue.angry

Well, to be more accurate, my TPM2.0 device is reported as recognized and working as are all the other Win11 requirements.  But I still need to tweak up my "SecureBoot" mechanism.

I hid some shelled peas into my aquarium and my fish went crazy.

LeatherGryphon said:

Hmmm... where's McGyver?  Snowed in, and powerless?indecision

Complaint:  Grrr... still working on my TPM secure boot issues on my "BabyBear" machine although I did finally find an article that seems to have some good, specific advice for my particular board.  It seems to indicate that it can work, but so far not for me.sad https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/asus-tuf-gaming-b450m-plus-ii-am4-tpm-module-built-in-for-windows-11.3727129/

I've figured out how to get the Microsoft Win11 readiness tool downloaded and report all status issues instead of just "Go", "noGo".

Also, again I've found a reference that says that  secureboot, at least for Win11, requires the other partitioning technology (not MBR), so when I get the energy and smoke out some of this frustration I'll try emptying and re-initializing my SSD and tinker with the BIOS some more.  I'm determined to beat this TPM issue.angry

Well, to be more accurate, my TPM2.0 device is reported as recognized and working as are all the other Win11 requirements.  But I still need to tweak up my "SecureBoot" mechanism.

...hearing someone with decades of experience like yourself having issues, hoping I don't have the same happen when I finally upgrade my system..  

...The Windows 11 TPM Blues Complaint Thread.

I hope I can find out the blues of windows 11 soon!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349

I hate BIOS. Scared of it i guess. I'm expecting things to go BOOM if I even open it. I have panic attacks updating it if I have to.

This discussion has been closed.