[Released] Smart Collections [Commercial]

Comments

•  

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

Awesome! Look forward to checking this out. Can anyone tell me... does this product work with both Smart Content and Content Library? In other words, does it matter where/how you typically access your content? Can you use Smart Collections in both cases?

Where you typically access the content does not matter.  However, it needs to have metadata in the database.  If an asset/product cannot show up in Smart Content, you won't be able to add it to a Smart Collection.

Brilliant! Purchasing shortly. And thank SO much for creating video tutorials to show how to use your products. It helps immensely for this visual learner. Really appreciate it.

• got it and down loaded

just seeing how it works that and content wizard.

from the look of things I need to get content wizard.up and running first to get the most out of smart collections

• Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

Awesome! Look forward to checking this out. Can anyone tell me... does this product work with both Smart Content and Content Library? In other words, does it matter where/how you typically access your content? Can you use Smart Collections in both cases?

Where you typically access the content does not matter.  However, it needs to have metadata in the database.  If an asset/product cannot show up in Smart Content, you won't be able to add it to a Smart Collection.

Brilliant! Purchasing shortly. And thank SO much for creating video tutorials to show how to use your products. It helps immensely for this visual learner. Really appreciate it.

You are very welcome!  And thank you for your support!

• myotherworld said:

got it and down loaded

just seeing how it works that and content wizard.

from the look of things I need to get content wizard.up and running first to get the most out of smart collections

Yes, if you want to use Smart Collections with content from "other sites," you will need to work with CW first.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 679

Thanks! I really like your video tutorials. Thanks for sharing your brillance with the daz community!

• Granville said:

Thanks! I really like your video tutorials. Thanks for sharing your brillance with the daz community!

You're welcome!  Thank you for the kind words.  I am glad you like the tutorials.  I have worked hard since I started making script products to document them well.  But the videos are relatively new.  They usually delay my submission of products a couple days (because I want the link in the product text) so it makes me happy to think that the price was worth it! smiley

• OdinVonDOdinVonD Posts: 243

Only just read through the info on this, but oh MAN this is exactly what I've needed in my life. Thank you! 

• The other week I was thinking about going through and restructuring my entire library into categories to find things easier all the while hoping I wouldn't screw things up and then this comes out! I'm so happy right now. Thank you! 

• OdinVonD said:

Only just read through the info on this, but oh MAN this is exactly what I've needed in my life. Thank you! 

You're welcome!  smiley

• benniewoodell said:

The other week I was thinking about going through and restructuring my entire library into categories to find things easier all the while hoping I wouldn't screw things up and then this comes out! I'm so happy right now. Thank you! 

You're welcome!  I hope you like it!

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 679

fun, fun fun! I have used it to create an Aztec architecture bundle. I wanted to include items from the other store. So I used Content Wizard to install the products with Smart data first. Then I could add them to my Smart Collection.

Thanks again for all your contributions to the DAZ community. You should definitely win a Dazacademy Award for all your contributes. I also appreciated very much your youtube tutorial.

• Granville said:

fun, fun fun! I have used it to create an Aztec architecture bundle. I wanted to include items from the other store. So I used Content Wizard to install the products with Smart data first. Then I could add them to my Smart Collection.

Thanks again for all your contributions to the DAZ community. You should definitely win a Dazacademy Award for all your contributes. I also appreciated very much your youtube tutorial.

Oh, that's awesome!  I love hearing how you are using it and that it is helping you. 

Thank you for the kind words.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited January 2022

Im trying to make a jewelry smart collection and ive ran across some things that wont add.  Attached image of the product and the log file.

This product: Alternative Piercing Pack for G8F

Log file:

2022-01-30 01:32:08.971 DEBUG: Add Product Assets 36
    2022-01-30 01:32:08.971 DEBUG: 0 Is Product=false Asset Name: AP Ear Right 18 Product Name=undefined
    2022-01-30 01:32:08.972 WARNING: Script Error: Line 617
    2022-01-30 01:32:08.972 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'parent' [null] is not an object.
    2022-01-30 01:32:08.972 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@F:/My DAZ 3D Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSSmartCollectionsFunctions.dse:617

Untitled-1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 503K
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Daventaki said:

Im trying to make a jewelry smart collection and ive ran across some things that wont add.  Attached image of the product and the log file.

Log file:

2022-01-30 01:32:08.971 DEBUG: 0 Is Product=false Asset Name: AP Ear Right 18 Product Name=undefined
    2022-01-30 01:32:08.972 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'parent' [null] is not an object.
        <anonymous>()@F:/My DAZ 3D Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSSmartCollectionsFunctions.dse:617

The script is crashing.  I have already fixed a crash because a product is missing a GUID (Globally Unique Identifier).  This might be related.  If you select the Alternative Piercing Pack for G8F product in Smart Content, does it list a "Global ID" in the Info area (e.g., "e6840cef-bece-4bf5-b692-6500de3286b1")?  Smart Collections requires a GUID to work with a product.  My bug fix fixes the crash by ignoring products without a GUID.

• RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

Hi Riversoft,

I saw another comment in this thread mentioning that setting up Content Wizard first (before setting up Smart Collections) would be a good idea, but one thing I wasn't sure about:

I've installed all of my content via DIM previously. Should I uninstall everything from DIM and reinstall it using Content Wizard? Because otherwise, wouldn't I have duplicates of everything? Particularly if I plan to move everything to a different folder hierarchy system? Thanks! Just want to make sure I start it off right.

• Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

Hi Riversoft,

I saw another comment in this thread mentioning that setting up Content Wizard first (before setting up Smart Collections) would be a good idea, but one thing I wasn't sure about:

I've installed all of my content via DIM previously. Should I uninstall everything from DIM and reinstall it using Content Wizard? Because otherwise, wouldn't I have duplicates of everything? Particularly if I plan to move everything to a different folder hierarchy system? Thanks! Just want to make sure I start it off right.

No, no, no.  Content Wizard is only for creating installers for products not purchased from Daz and therefore do not have Smart Content.  Everything from Daz and installed via DIM should be left-alone; it is all correct.

• RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

Hi Riversoft,

No, no, no.  Content Wizard is only for creating installers for products not purchased from Daz and therefore do not have Smart Content.  Everything from Daz and installed via DIM should be left-alone; it is all correct.

But if its all a custom install and non of it ( I really do mean non of it ) was installed via the DIM ?

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    edited February 2022

myotherworld said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

Hi Riversoft,

But if its all a custom install and non of it ( I really do mean non of it ) was installed via the DIM ?

If you mean by custom install that you copied the product files into your My Daz 3D Library yourself, then yes, you need CW to make Smart Content for those products.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    edited February 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

Daventaki said:

Log file:

The script is crashing.  I have already fixed a crash because a product is missing a GUID (Globally Unique Identifier).  This might be related.  If you select the Alternative Piercing Pack for G8F product in Smart Content, does it list a "Global ID" in the Info area (e.g., "e6840cef-bece-4bf5-b692-6500de3286b1")?  Smart Collections requires a GUID to work with a product.  My bug fix fixes the crash by ignoring products without a GUID.

I find that it does not show correctly in Smart Content at all see attached.  But it loads as normal from Content Library.  But it does list a Global ID.

Untitled-2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 381K
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Daventaki said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Daventaki said:

Log file:

I find that it does not show correctly in Smart Content at all see attached.  But it loads as normal from Content Library.  But it does list a Global ID.

It needs to be in Smart Content.  Between the bug and that product not being installed correctly, the script is crashing on it.  I would reinstall the Alternative Piercing Pack so it works in Smart Content.

RiverSoftArt said:

It needs to be in Smart Content.  Between the bug and that product not being installed correctly, the script is crashing on it.  I would reinstall the Alternative Piercing Pack so it works in Smart Content.

:Forehead slap: I should have thought of that!  That fixed it, thanks much!!

Great product!!!!!!!  Love it already, lot faster than trying to set up my own categories.

• Daventaki said:

RiverSoftArt said:

:Forehead slap: I should have thought of that!  That fixed it, thanks much!!

Great product!!!!!!!  Love it already, lot faster than trying to set up my own categories.

Awesome!  I am glad it is working so well for you. smiley

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

I can't seem to get the it to create anything other than an Empty Product,  I also get an error that it can't find or create runtime support directory

Screenshot.png
    1926 x 1652 - 1M
    Screenshot-2.png
    1060 x 1646 - 867K
  • Platnumk said:

I can't seem to get the it to create anything other than an Empty Product,  I also get an error that it can't find or create runtime support directory

That is strange.  Usually, DS has already created that folder as part of downloading and installing stuff.  Do you have /Runtime/Support somewhere in your DS folders?  For me, it is at D:\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Support  Please create one in your My DAZ 3D Library.

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

That is strange.  Usually, DS has already created that folder as part of downloading and installing stuff.  Do you have /Runtime/Support somewhere in your DS folders?  For me, it is at D:\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Support  Please create one in your My DAZ 3D Library.

Mine is located at Volumes/DAZ3D Library/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support 

PS. Just incase it matters I'm using macOS 12.2.1 Monterey

Screenshot.png
    2436 x 1554 - 900K
  • Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

Huh?  Out of curiosity, is the LOCAL_USER_78900000...[blah blah].png in that directory?  Can you post the Daz Log of the run?  It has more information that I will need to figure this out.

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

Huh?  Out of curiosity, is the LOCAL_USER_78900000...[blah blah].png in that directory?  Can you post the Daz Log of the run?  It has more information that I will need to figure this out.

No the Icon is not in there.  Here is the Daz Log File with just the Smart Collections run in it.  Just incase the video didn't upload to the forum here a link to it Video Of Full Run

txt
    txt
    log.txt
  • Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

No the Icon is not in there.  Here is the Daz Log File with just the Smart Collections run in it.  Just incase the video didn't upload to the forum here a link to it Video Of Full Run

Is Volumes/DAZ3D Library/My DAZ 3D Library in your Content Manager Daz Format Directories like mine?

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

Is Volumes/DAZ3D Library/My DAZ 3D Library in your Content Manager Daz Format Directories like mine?

Yep,  It's def there 

Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 13.20.29.png
    2392 x 1424 - 1M
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    edited February 2022

I am baffled then.  Any Mac users got this working?

EDIT: Maybe it is a permissions problem?  Is that directory able to accept user files?

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on