edited January 2022 in The Commons

I'm looking for nativity/biblical clothing and hair/beards for Bugga Boo

Is there a male counterpart?

Post edited by WillowRaven on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

WillowRaven said:

Meshitup has a number of outfits that would work well for that, like the Middle Eastern outfit for G8F.

To Bugga Boo? Not really, and the selection of male toons is pretty limited in general. You could always dial the male transgender/cross-figure utility morph into Bugga Boo.

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited January 2022

Hmmm... Clothing? I would probably start from Meshitup's catalogue, and then Deacon215 over at 'Rosity.

https://www.daz3d.com/meshitup

Hair. Ahhhh... not sure on that one. I just tend to rely on the PAs that I like and say that the hair looks close enough.

Bugga-boo's dial? For males? I don't know of one that is close, but that is not my usual style of render.

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I found that most hair just will not fit. It's just another purchase that I don't use.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

To Bugga Boo? Not really, and the selection of male toons is pretty limited in general. You could always dial the male transgender/cross-figure utility morph into Bugga Boo.

Would I need to buy something more to do that? Will G8 male hair and beards work on her?

marble said:

I found that most hair just will not fit. It's just another purchase that I don't use.

Another good point: toons, and a lot of other extreme morphs, tend to mess with DS's ability to fit hair, I presume because the ratio of head to neck changes so far from the base morph. Have you played around with Bugga much? Try getting her to wear G8F hair, then imagine the added layer of complexity of trying to fit male hair and beards to her.

But that is the style of figure the client wants, lol ... ugh!

WillowRaven said:

Would I need to buy something more to do that? Will G8 male hair and beards work on her?

You could use AgentUnawares' free transgender morphs. The Cross-Figure Resource Kit is a handy thing to have, and might prove especially useful for what you're currently trying to do, but isn't strictly necessary. As for the rest of your question, see my above post.

If anyone has bugga boo, could I hear how hard it is to fit a beard to her? Or is there a better model to represent the author's wants? Gotta make a series of biblical characters based on this sketch ...

4rFRkhB2.jpg
    2048 x 1276 - 348K
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

Gordig said:

WillowRaven said:

Meshitup has a number of outfits that would work well for that, like the Middle Eastern outfit for G8F.

You could check out 3D Universe's store for male toon characters

https://www.daz3d.com/3d-universe

edited January 2022

I have many of those, but the style the client wants is closest to his Little Ones set, which I have, but fitting clothes I'll need will be near impossible. So opting for one that can wear G8 clothes.

Been following another thread where necroscension created Bugga Boys: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6471721/#Comment_6471721 Really cute!

• Well... how about puppets? Maybe use JoeQuick's Felton?

https://www.daz3d.com/felton-the-puppet-for-genesis-8-male

I'd probably go for all Toon hair stuff, then. 3du's various toon gen hairs, Lady Littlefox's toon hairs, etc.

For female Feltons... dunno. I feel like you wouldn't NEED Felton boobs to make a "female" puppet. Just long hair and long robe/dress.

Those look cute, too, but did you see the author's sketch? They need to be short and squat with big bobbleheads.

The Blurst of Times said:

For female Feltons... dunno. I feel like you wouldn't NEED Felton boobs to make a "female" puppet. Just long hair and long robe/dress.

Miss Piggy's shape is at least suggestive of breasts, but Janice just has long hair and heavy makeup.

edited January 2022

WillowRaven said:

I have many of those, but the style the client wants is closest to his Little Ones set, which I have, but fitting clothes I'll need will be near impossible. So opting for one that can wear G8 clothes.

I use G8 exclusively, so I put Meshitup's Desert Robes for G8M on XTransferred Little Ones, and it looks fine:

Natibaby.png
    900 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited January 2022

And here's the same figure, this time with the actual Little Ones texture, in Wise Wizard, Ashan beard and Ezra hair. Wise Wizard may not exactly be a stylistic fit, but it's an example of what's possible.

Natibaby 2.png
    1200 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Gordig on

That's so cute! What's XTransferred? Is that how you got the hair and beard to look so good?

XTransfer is a utility to convert G3 morphs to G8. You can also use Riversoft's converters (male and female) if you prefer, but I like XTransfer myself, both from an ease-of-use standpoint and because Zev0 has never let me down. I didn't do anything special to get the hair and beard to fit other than using morphs built into the hair to pull the sides away from the cheeks, since they were initially cutting into the figure.

Since I already bought Bugga Boo, though, have you had any luck with similar looks?

I'm looking everywhere for the head covering women of the era wore. This project is going to kill me, lol.

Haven't really tried with Bugga yet, but I'm not doing anything terribly important right now, so I'll give it a whack. Did you look at the outfit I linked in my first post? I'm no expert in ancient Hebraic fashion, but it seems like a good fit to me.

In the desert garb or the wizard garb? I think that wizard robe is very close to the 'mantle' of the time. And I have a tunic that should work. Now I need sandals and a beard. Then I'm in business :)

No, my FIRST post in this thread: dForce Middle Eastern outfit for G8F.

edited January 2022

That's close, but Mary's headdress and shawl should be all one piece, if possible. But if I can't find one, I'll make do with that.

Looking on rendo, I found a veil that might work: "a93 - dForce Traditional Indian Outfit for G8F by anjeli93"

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

Could the shawl from this set work with some shader magic? https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-bollywood-bride-for-genesis-8-females

Leana said:

Could the shawl from this set work with some shader magic? https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-bollywood-bride-for-genesis-8-females

I like the fullness of this one better than the one at rendo, but the rendo one is longer .... decisions, decisions ...

edited January 2022

Here's the Middle Eastern outfit on both XTransferred Little Ones and Bugga Boo. The mesh gets slightly distorted on Little Ones, but far more so on Bugga Boo. I don't know if there's any way to entirely avoid this with loose, flowy clothing items on extreme morphs.

Marys.png
    1600 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Gordig on
    edited January 2022

Little Ones definitely came out better ... Would you mind terribly explaining step by step how you got such a good result? And for Bugga Boo version, did you dial in the BB morphs or go straight from the character? Any luck with figuring out how to make BB using G8M?

BTW, you are being such a huge help ... thank you.

I wonder if smoothing and draping will help remedy some of the weirdness?

I did nothing besides load the character and add the clothing. I did try an animated drape from base female to Bugga Boo, but that resulted in the clothing being way too long and falling through the floor, as if a child were wearing adult clothing.. It should also be noted that both characters' feet are poking through the bottom of the skirt, so if you tried draping from the full character morph, you'd want to do something like start with the toes pointed downward at the very least.

I wouldn't expect smoothing to do anything to fix the mesh distortion, since smoothing mainly prevents the mesh from intersecting with the figure. It probably wouldn't do anything about the jank on the overcloak, which might also cause explosions if you tried to drape it.