The Historical Closet Thread

12346»

Comments

• RosemaryrRosemaryr Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Hello
    I've been looking into ShareCG, but I can not find the headdress marked in the image.
    someone help me?
    thank you
    Aah, I almost forgot:
    Rosemary: thanks for turbans there.
    I downloaded those, thank you

I'm afraid I never uploaded those ones... they proved to be a real PITA to Poserize. I could make another stab at it, though. I know a bit more about the process, now, and might be able to pull it off.
    And, thanks for the thanks! *grin*

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Oh my yes Rosemaryr. I too want to thank you very much for your contributions for both your artwork and models.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Nice to see this thread back again. Actually my impression is that there've been a number of things released since it went dormant which might be of use. Not strictly accurate, of course. But when is it ever?

edited December 1969

Well, my ShareCG site is still up and running, with newer items posted since then. (Although, still not with everything on my to-do list; as this last year has been on the meager side for production of things.) I've been doing a lot of coaching of newcomers at the MD forums, and not had a lot of time for my own art. Way too many unfinished projects cluttering up my file space!

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

Descuple me, but I can not understand what you said here: They PROVED to be a real PITA to Poserize.

Well, I can understand, and wait for your time,
    For indeed, there are already too many things there that you provided,
    and this already gives me create a lot of Arabs ... Anyway, those faces of those endless sands
    I'm from Brazil, but I am delighted with the Middle Eastern cultures!
    The only thing I'm afraid of them is about food ... They eat eye goats ... Aaargh !!
    But also really like Kibe, and say the kibe is arab origin (not sure)

edited December 2014

Descuple me, but I can not understand what you said here: They PROVED to be a real PITA to Poserize.

My fault for using the acronym. PITA = Pain In The A** (Just trying to avoid the DAZ censors, sorry)
    Many things that can be easily done inside Marvelous Designer, tend to be not so easy to replicate in Poser's Cloth Room dynamic simulations. MD can handle multiple layers of cloth and keep them all in proper position in the stack. MD also resolves the dreaded pokethrough quickly, while Poser has a harder time with both problems, and will often just freeze during its simulation calculations. The roadblock to getting many of my MD creations into a form that other programs can use, takes quite a bit of testing time, and can be highly frustrating.

I will be giving these headcloths another testing go-around this weekend...

Post edited by Rosemaryr on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

I have a couple things coming that should make y'all happy I hope.

edited December 1969

Here, I kind of, autofited the turban shepherd, M3, to genesis, but it still Daz Studio, have yet to see how it will behave in poser...

head2.jpeg
    1920 x 1696 - 1M
    warr.jpeg
    1920 x 1696 - 621K
    edited December 2014

Just to let you know the progress:
    I've been able to get 2 of the 3 planned keffiyahs Poserized, so they work in the Cloth Room. The last one is a real pain, however. Even though it is almost exactly the same as the others in the upper area, which I have constrained from movement in all of them, that's the area that 'explodes' in the Cloth room simulations. I will do a bit more testing, but would you guys want the first two quickly, and the third whenever/if-ever it gets done?

KeffiyahWIP1.jpg
    1299 x 1080 - 415K
    Post edited by Rosemaryr on
    edited December 1969

Wow!
    For me yes!
    the 02 former are already enough!
    The 02 the 1st meet me what I wanted!
    thank you

edited December 1969

As they say one bird in the hand is worth more then two in the bush or would that be two birds in the hand is worth more then one in the bush. Well anyway. Would love to have what you've gotten done. And thanks ahead of time for what ever you may see fit in giving out.

:-)

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    I have a couple things coming that should make y'all happy I hope.

Fisty, those earrings are just adorable, so 1960's. Thanks so much. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

edited December 1969

Not what I was referring too, but glad you like them ;-) Actually have 3 things coming, one almost ready to be released and two more in development.

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Not what I was referring too, but glad you like them ;-) Actually have 3 things coming, one almost ready to be released and two more in development.

fine,
    It is something of Arabia, too?

edited December 1969

The one coming soon.. loosely (as is sorta close geographically but historical accuracy is questionable).. the one coming mid, some of it could be used for that most definitely, third one not really but parts could probably be used.

edited December 1969

Okay, the first two keffiyahs are up at ShareCG:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/78808/gallery/11/Poser/Keffiyah-Scarf-Middle-Eastern-headdress

I will keep working on getting that last one to work, and maybe also get one with the scarf pulled over the mouth and tucked into the cord (igal). But, it depends on how Poser co-operates... *grin*

The Poser Runtime contains these keffiyahs as smart-props, parented to Micheal 4's head. They are Cloth Room ready, with constraints to keep the top and the cord in position during simulations.
    Be sure to set the 'Collide against' parameters to include most of M4's body (if not all, for convenience's sake), because the long hanging portion will hit M4's legs when at full length.
    Also included are the plain OBJ files and the UV/texture maps for those that prefer those to Poser prop files.

Keffiyah1.jpg
    872 x 996 - 277K
    edited December 1969

Hmmm !!
    Just download it now !!
    And ... Thank you for making it a poser item to us!
    Really, really happy!

edited December 1969

Thank you Rosemaryr.

• YudinEdYudinEd Posts: 90
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Rosemaryr. You make beautifull things

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Shoo'kran habibte! I wore one of these when I was in Saudi Arabia on assignment (medical teaching, etc)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Wow...didn't realise this thread had been resurrected. Thanks Rosemaryr for the great headdresses.

Fisty, I love your recent earrings...looking forward to what you come up with next.

edited December 1969

Here a play today

Sem_título.png
    1920 x 1440 - 341K
    Render_1.png
    1920 x 1440 - 496K
  • jpb06tjpb06t Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

While we are in the middle eastern subject, would it be possible to have a hijab? Thanks a lot in advance.

edited December 1969

latego said:
    While we are in the middle eastern subject, would it be possible to have a hijab? Thanks a lot in advance.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hijab/94519

edited December 2014
  • ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

shookron habib!

edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    shookron habib!

shookron habib ... Are you sure that is as it is written?
    Because even searching by name on google I do not get no picture for what it is

• ArienArien Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    shookron habib!

shookron habib ... Are you sure that is as it is written?
    Because even searching by name on google I do not get no picture for what it is

"shookron habib" = thank you, darling

or something along those lines :) Transliterating Arabic into latin alphabet can result in several different written versions for the same words, so they are a pain to track down/translate. For instance, a Lebanese friend of mine, who speaks Spanish as her first language, writes the first word as "shukran" instead of "shookron".

Don't get me started on finding music, I think my collection has several different entries for the same singers because of how different each label writes the latinised version of it, and periodically I've got to go through it and consolidate.