Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,096

Rembrandt : wonderful story and image.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111

Rembrandt - very nice render upstream the Amazonas - and the story.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988
    edited January 2022

Rembrandt – beautiful render, lovely story

My little boat went out to meet Rembrandt’s Erasmus, but returned disappointed.

x1-fantasy2-32x9.jpg
    900 x 253 - 145K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited January 2022

mermaid - the scene looks also great in this aspect ratio. The boat, however, doesn't look to sailing out wink

A self made terrain with a material from Gritstone Hills and an HDRI from High Resolution Terrains 3 for the sky and ambient light.

Hills and Moor

HillsAndMoor.jpg
    1200 x 765 - 205K
    Post edited by Horo on

So true Horo, the boat is sailing in, thanks for the comment. I enjoy Rembrandt's stories, wish I could do something like that....sad

Your render is excellent, awesome sky.

• spuddyspuddy Posts: 449
    edited January 2022

Great stuff here well done to everyone

been playing and experimenting with things

beach new16.png
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by spuddy on

Thank you mermaid.

spuddy - thanks. Very realistic looking scene. I like the detail of the towel on a stone.

edited January 2022

Thanks Horo

another experiment totally different

house by lake1.png
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by spuddy on

mermaid : your scene is also very beautiful in this aspect ratio.

Horo : awesome terrain and material, nice clouds.

spuddy : thanks. Your both experiments are excellent, the first one is very detailed and is my favourite.

Thank you adbc.

spuddy - nice result of experiment, looks like bad weather is coming up.

• Rembrandt_2647480Rembrandt_2647480 Posts: 113
    edited January 2022

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Mermaid - It is a big sea out there but it's a small world, right?

Horo - I fell deeply in love with that sky. Simply beautifull! I must look into HR Terrain 3 one of these days I think I still have it around somewhere. That terrain is a very nice material.

Spuddy - whoa! I am deeply impressed with that first render, very realistic! The second one has that pparticulair mood that comes with splendid application of fog, well done.

---

From a letter from Johannes Mastenbroecke, sailor on the Erasmus to his mother.

...so you don't have to worry about that, mum, I still have that scarf with me and it serves me well enough.

Last week I met Karel Pietersz who lives in Molenaarsgraaf in that wooden house on the dike, you know him, his father is a salmon fisher on the river Lek.

He was aboard a sloop, the Mermaid, a privately owned yacht from Rotterdam. They had you letter with them.

We had a merry old night with the crew from the Mermaid I can tell you!

Both captains gave us a night off and we made a nice bonfire on a beach under the starry sky, Their first mate shot a pig -there are lots of them on this island- and we had  fresh roasted meat with an extra ration of rum.

Karel said they had set sail almost three months after we left Vlissingen harbour and carried our messages and some new charts for the captain from the admiralty.

Since they plan to sail for Rotterdam come tomorrow, he promised to take my letter for you with him.

Glad to hear that Lise has had our second son in good health, I bet he'll grow up pretty big just as his father, haha.

We are betting now on our return date but when that will be is anybody's guess.

Well mum, I must stop writing because second watch will be called any minute now and as you know ....

At first this render was far too dark so I 'cheated' with lighting-out the two ships.

The rest is rather standard. Terrain is the installed bright beach sand (ofcourse) and the sky is -I think- from one of the volumetric skies ones.

---

edit: Included comments on spuddy's renders.

Post edited by Rembrandt_2647480 on

Rembrandt - thank you. Nice scene with this sky and the trees on the land nearby. Good story, too.

edited January 2022

adbc thanks

Horo Thank you

Rembrant Nice scene lovely sky Thanks for your comment .yes there is some fog and other things but the experiment was to see the effect of adding an adjustment layer in the foregound consisting of a transparent radial gradient  see below

It enables you to further adjust the strength of the effect using the transparency of the material in the mat control

Scene with the layer turned off

ScreenHunter_2259 Jan. 22 09.36.jpg
    1727 x 927 - 509K
    ScreenHunter_2260 Jan. 22 09.37.jpg
    1740 x 914 - 324K
    ScreenHunter_2261 Jan. 22 09.37.jpg
    775 x 661 - 71K
    Post edited by spuddy on
    edited January 2022

adbc thanks

Horo Thank you

Rembrant Nice scene lovely sky Thanks for your comment .yes there is some fog and other things but the experiment was to see the effect of adding an adjustment layer in the foregound consisting of a transparent radial gradient  see below

messed up posting this sorry for duplication

far terrain14.png
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by spuddy on
    edited January 2022

Rembrandt : well done scene, beautiful sky and of course interesting story.

spuddy : A small difference with the adjustment layer turned off, details are more visible (that's what I see). Nevertheless both scenes are lovely.

Post edited by adbc on

spuddy - great job.

• Well, the forum was out for most of the weekend but at least the error message  gave me an idea:

Bad gateway

• Rembrandt_2647480Rembrandt_2647480 Posts: 113
    edited January 2022

Thank you all for the comments.

Spuddy - That is a very clever use of transparent gradient and a very clear explanation of how it iis done, thank youu for that!

Ofcourse I immediately stole your idea but used colour instead to get a dreamy kind of feel for my next render.

---

No story this time.

"The captain's dream"

The gradient I used as a filter was replicated in the sails of the Erasmus.

Post edited by Rembrandt_2647480 on

Rembrandt - a nicer Bad gateway than those 502 and 504 we experience here. Captain's dream looks very good, good idea, too.

Spuddy - thanks. All your experiments are very well done, the beach scene is very realistic, thanks for the info about the gradient.

Adbc - thanks

Rembrandt - thanks. Amazing work, all your renders are excellent with or without the story wink, I love the result using the gradient filter in the Captain's dream.

adbc thanks

Horo Thank you

Mermaid010. Thanks

Rembrant Two great renders...... Not mine to steal really adjustment layers are used all the time in 2D digital painting by me and most other digital artists  I juat thought why not try the idea in Bryce they don't have to be in the foreground only they can be placed anywhere in a scene and as you demonstrate any col .

edited January 2022

Still trying things out this was to try and  get a realistic material on two terrains rather than using a 2D Picture object .The last beach scene was a mixture of both 2D picture object and drawn terrain but this is all self drawn terrain with material applied plus other objects for some interest.

I am not trying to get a great picture here just trying different things

the chap is feeling saddened by the mess 

rubbish estuary.png
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    ScreenHunter_2262 Jan. 24 10.33.jpg
    1883 x 928 - 492K
    ScreenHunter_2264 Jan. 24 10.34.jpg
    1874 x 964 - 638K
    Post edited by spuddy on

spuddy - great messy render.

edited January 2022

Rembrandt : a more pleasant "bad gateway". Captain's dream : cool idea, great use of the gradient filter.

spuddy : great experiment with the terrain textures.

Started this for the contest "new journey", finally finished it and made 32:9.

new journey 16.jpg
    800 x 225 - 27K
    Post edited by adbc on
    edited January 2022

Spuddy - I'll be saddened by the mess too, nice idea and render.

Adbc - beautiful tropical render, the lighting is awesome

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited January 2022

adbc - beautifully done tropical scene. Indeed, the lighting is awesome, like mermaid said.

Here is a cooler (as far as temperature is concerned) render: a self made terrain with a material from Grand Mountains and an HDRI from Islands 2 for the sky and ambient light.

Glaciated Zone

GlaciatedZone.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 202K
    Post edited by Horo on

Beautiful landscape, Horo the lighting and materials go well together.

Thank you mermaid.

mermaid, Horo : thank you.

Horo : superb "cool" render, excellent material on the terrain and beautiful lighting.

Thank you adbc.

This discussion has been closed.