"For my Summer Vacation I went to...". August Freebie Challenge

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    ok...sorry I've been busy. I have been trying to convert this donation to Poser files. I could not get my Poser to import the .obj files. it would freeze. So did some cleaning up and tweeking and finally with a few restarts, I got it to take them. So, these are in .pp2 format. The two garage doors now open and close and cover a nice little garage for whatever you like. There are three different walls to work with. Rearrange them as you will to create your city scene as you like. Many possibilities. All signs and streetlights are seperate.

So this will go to all winners from me. I will PM you the link and password.

Here is a scene I did playing around with them.

:-)

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=13378_7jN6fgzkKAF8QzlQxTbD&thumb=1&board_id=1

That looks really cool, Music!

Dana

edited December 1969

Not a vacation I've taken, but one I'd like to someday manage.

Title: Egypt

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=13397_FPVUOwxI4JpsOi82opRG&thumb=1&board_id=1

Nicely done! I like the use of the shadow to insinuate where you are without actually showing the pyramid itself.

Dana

• edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Not a vacation I've taken, but one I'd like to someday manage.

Title: Egypt

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=13397_FPVUOwxI4JpsOi82opRG&thumb=1&board_id=1

Nicely done! I like the use of the shadow to insinuate where you are without actually showing the pyramid itself.

Dana
    Thank you. :) It was a last minute, "aha!" moment.

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

A quick one from me.

Almost every summer, we'd make the 9 hour long trip to see my grandparents. My sister and I would fight in the back of the car, or sign songs or annoy my parents. And there was always a point when I would start to daydream about the day when I'd be able to drive down there all by myself.

1. Antonia 1.2
    2. Glasses type 2*
    3. Dynamic Bodice shirt*
    4. ToniPolygon Skin
    5. Straight Hair No. 4
    6. Jewelry Project - Art Nouveau Barrette
    7. Yellow Shopping Bags Five from the bottom
    8. Hobobos River #23*
    9. Open Road Prop
    10. Inane Glory’s Simple Soft Freebie Light Set*
    * Requires registeration.

Missing links for: Ford Gran Torino.

FC_-_aug_2012.png
    948 x 733 - 847K
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

MUSIC, the winner gets all those cars too, right? And the pickup truck?? BEAUTY!

Just kiddin'. I know you won't part with that pickup. The building set looks terrific and VERY flexible, as in HANDY!

ASSASSIN, you went all the way to Egypt and all you saw was a pyramid SHADOW?? That's just cruel. The camel looks like he goes through this with the tourists every day, however. What a rip!

I do love the lighting that created that shadow, though!

SHAAELIA I remember reading this story in the newspaper. You were that kid who stole your parents' car and went for a joy ride. The famous stolen Gran Torino, right? Did they ever catch you? Or are you still, like, just driving around?

Nice to see you back in the challenge!

MAVELLE, it is especially nice to see you back! Almost feels like old times around here again.

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    A quick one from me.

Almost every summer, we'd make the 9 hour long trip to see my grandparents. My sister and I would fight in the back of the car, or sign songs or annoy my parents. And there was always a point when I would start to daydream about the day when I'd be able to drive down there all by myself.

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=13463_8J1ErpFeFH7sbLFyaIgW&thumb=1&board_id=1

Sounds like a typical family trip. :) Nice minimalist image! Too bad there aren't many good ground textures...the obvious repetitive patterns annoy me. It's hard to find one that isn't like that in some way.

Dana

edited December 1969

Hey, welcome back, Dorseyland! Crazy new avatar! :lol:

Dana

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Whuh? I've only been away for about two weeks! You know what, among other 3D things I got happily sucked into the vortex of ShareCG's back pages of 3D models. I'm halfway through the 400 pages and regularly finding cool stuff I did not know existed. Extended free shopping!

edited December 1969

Yeah, I used to visit ShareCG daily, but a while back (over a year) I fell out of that habit. Now I'm sorry, because it looks like it will take forever to catch up. The site is kind of slow. And once you start a download, you can't do anything else until the download completes. I wish they'd fix that, but I guess it's because they have such popularity and the bandwidth must be congested all the time.

Dana

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Actually Dana they do it to foil the mass downloaders who come along and strip sites, just for fun.

Do you remember when Francemi went down becuase of bandwidth problems with someone trying to mass download my entire catalogue ?

One download at a time is one of the easiest ways of restricting that sort of behaviour. If we ever get anyone trying to do it again to my site then Kendall will add something similar to it.

It is just sad that it is neccesary to do things like that.

edited December 1969

When I see good things for free, I like to get them. And I don't like to waste time on a one-at-a-time feast. I have such fast Internet, it seems an annoyance to me when I can only download one thing at a time. And it's especially annoying when I can't even look at the next thing while I'm waiting. Surely a site like ShareCG intends to have a lot of people logging in and getting stuff. They're a huge site, with huge popularity. Two at a time would be at least some kind of satisfactory compromise. Browsing should be allowed at least. I don't know the technical side of that, perhaps they can't be separated...but I bet they can if someone sat down and thought about it. Page loading and downloading files that are content can be distinguished. I don't know.

It doesn't mean I don't visit the site, it's just that it's too time consuming the way it's set up. Especially with the slow page loads. But they do have some great stuff there.

Dana

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Actually Dana they do it to foil the mass downloaders who come along and strip sites, just for fun.

Do you remember when Francemi went down becuase of bandwidth problems with someone trying to mass download my entire catalogue ?

One download at a time is one of the easiest ways of restricting that sort of behaviour. If we ever get anyone trying to do it again to my site then Kendall will add something similar to it.

It is just sad that it is neccesary to do things like that.

On 1-Aug we had a few people hit it pretty hard. Since I shifted the site to the High-Speed link, the load has decreased somewhat. However, I think google is still sending folks to the other servers. There's still some bulk downloading going on there, but not as much as before.

Kendall

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

This is the kind of vacation Dad would love to have. :D

NAE

Alexa ;)

Dads-vacation.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 530K
    edited December 1969

Dorsey, I've discovered that Dazzing and driving are not all that compatible, so I do take time to stop every now and then ;-)

Dana, I agree. The ground texture was the one from Hobobos River #23, but it didn't turn out quite like I wanted it to.

Alexa, :-D Love the render, captures the moment perfectly! Although this "sleep" thing, it is becoming extinct around my neck of the woods.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

nice render Shaaelia, (tosses some pies at ya)
    and Dorseyland... HAHAHAHAHA... your avatar is the spitting image of you! I love it (tosses some pies your way too)

edited December 1969

assassin, I love the shadow of the pyramid in you render, guess I need to toss some pies at you too!!! now remember everyone, I'm tossing pies AT you not to you LOL where is my little devil emoticon when I need him...

edited December 1969

He could be hiding behing that pile of pies you have stored away in the cupboard.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    He could be hiding behing that pile of pies you have stored away in the cupboard.

yeah I have a never ending supply of pies in the cupboard.

edited December 1969

they need to get back the old emoticons from the old forum. alot more options for sure.

edited December 1969

Yes, I totally agree, there is enough variety. No crying ones, no hugging ones, no wicked one, thumbs up, thumbs down, all sorts of ones.

edited December 1969

ipe! Another pie war! :-D

I miss the old smilies too, but I like your new avatar, Jeeperz

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    ipe! Another pie war! :-D

I miss the old smilies too, but I like your new avatar, Jeeperz

thanks Shaa, it's from Popeye, he is Eugene the jeep, he goes around saying jeep jeep instead of speaking. My FAVORITE Popeye character.

edited December 1969

yeah, pie wars just aren't the same anymore, there was a time that I could keep a pie fight going in this thread for a couple days, now I'm lucky if someone ducks or notices.

edited December 1969

Well, in that case, you'd better duck, as I just loaded up the catapult with ten fresh cream pies. The next ten posters cop it!

Muhahaha!

(pulls out cream-pie-proof jacket and sits back to watch the mayhem! ;-))

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    Well, in that case, you'd better duck, as I just loaded up the catapult with ten fresh cream pies. The next ten posters cop it!

Muhahaha!

(pulls out cream-pie-proof jacket and sits back to watch the mayhem! ;-))

I was just going to sa...... *SPLAT* arghhhh you got me.

edited December 1969

Wow, it's kind of slippery in here! Will this cream moisturize my skin? It's been a little dry lately. %-P

Dana

edited December 1969

why yes it will

edited December 1969

on a sad note, my daughter had to put her cat Mozart to sleep today, he had not been keeping food down for some time now and @ 19 years of age he was not doing well, it was a really hard day for her and her family. He was ornery in his youth but had mellowed in his age.

edited August 2012

Halts the pie-o-pault for a post or two...

ha! got ya jeeperz and Dana!

Post edited by shaaelia on
    edited December 1969

Jeeperz, my condolences to your daughter and her family. It is not easy to loose a pet.

On that note, looking through the start of the thread,

Music, my condolences to your wife, your family and to you. I hope that there are good memories to help you all with his loss.

Krissy, my condolences to you and your man. I hope that the poisoner will be caught and stopped.