[Released] Smart Collections [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
edited January 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Smart Collections creates smart collections quickly and easily! Smart Collections are special, user-created products that are collections of already existing smart content, whether individual assets or entire products, in your Daz library. Have you ever wanted to create a collection of assets for a particular theme (70s clothes, steampunk robots, anime, actor look-alikes, etc.), the best poses from a list of products, or your favorite environments? Then Smart Collections is for you! Take control of your Smart Content by creating collections for favorites, themes, etc.

• Create a special Smart Collection product that can contain any product or asset in your library
  • Quickly add products and assets by selecting in the Smart Content or Content Library pane and starting the Smart Collections script (when it is installed as a custom action)
  • Copy assets and products into your Smart Collection, complete with the same categories and other metadata
  • Specify name, icon, description, notes, and more!
  • Automatically create additional special link assets in the Smart Collection, which will open the original product(s) in the Smart Content pane on execution (a Smart Collection can just be a collection of links to other products without additional content)
  • Generate a report of products and links to share with others ("Here is my list of Victorian clothing.")
  • 99 levels of undo and redo

An installed Smart Collection contains copies of the original assets you specify, complete with the same categories and other metadata. Note that the FILES are not copied (i.e. Shirt.duf), but the Daz database asset record that refers to the file. The behavior of the asset is exactly the same as it refers to the same file. The Smart Collections script adds extra metadata such as notes to your copied assets.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• That's the tool I was waiting for for ages. Perfect for creating asset collections for any render project. To cite a common internet meme: Shut up and take my money laugh

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

That's the tool I was waiting for for ages. Perfect for creating asset collections for any render project. To cite a common internet meme: Shut up and take my money laugh

LOL.  Thanks! laugh

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049

I vote for this one! I always waste time in my smart content looking for approximately always the same files of the same products... This will be a real time saver!

• V3Digitimes said:

I vote for this one! I always waste time in my smart content looking for approximately always the same files of the same products... This will be a real time saver!

Thanks!  I am glad you like it!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

What happens when there is a product update to the original product, like file path corrections or metedata changes? Is the Smart Collection automatically updated, too, or does it retain out of date info?

• rrwardrrward Posts: 555
    edited January 2022

V3Digitimes said:

I've taken to documenting my projects. Every on-screen asset is listed by file path. Every pose and expression is listed as well. As much of my work is a short series of images with various poses, it's amazingly helpful to be able to dig out the text file and look up that one pose everyone liked from a set.

This product does look very useful. However.

[Edited for spelling.]

Post edited by rrward on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

barbult said:

What happens when there is a product update to the original product, like file path corrections or metedata changes? Is the Smart Collection automatically updated, too, or does it retain out of date info?

That is a GREAT question. I'm interested, but I'd like this one answered as well ;).

Laurie 

• AllenArt said:

barbult said:

That is a GREAT question. I'm interested, but I'd like this one answered as well ;).

Laurie 

Most updates would not be a problem.  They are changes to files in /data/... or they are changes to references inside the actual preset files.  If the actual preset file is moved or if metadata like categories are changed, then, because the INSTALLED Smart Collection's assets are copies, its assets would be out of date.  However, if you have saved the Smart Collection Configuration file, it is a simple matter of loading the configuration file and clicking the install button in the dialog and all the assets are copied over again. 

• rrward said:

V3Digitimes said:

I've taken to documenting my projects. Every on-screen asset is listed by file path. Every pose and expression is listed as well. As much of my work is a short series of images with various poses, it's amazingly helpful to be able to dig out the text file and look up that one pose everyone liked from a set.

This product does look very useful. However.

[Edited for spelling.]

I hope you will find it useful.  You could also make a Smart Collection be a documentation of your project.  Add only the figures used, the environments and props used, the poses used, etc.  Then not only is the Smart Collection a text list of every asset in your project, but it is a ICON list of every asset in your project, organized by category.  And if you need to reapply something, it is already organized and ready to double click and bring back into your project. 

• ZiconZicon Posts: 164

RiverSoftArt said:

You could also make a Smart Collection be a documentation of your project.  Add only the figures used, the environments and props used, the poses used, etc.  Then not only is the Smart Collection a text list of every asset in your project, but it is a ICON list of every asset in your project, organized by category.  And if you need to reapply something, it is already organized and ready to double click and bring back into your project. 

I was struggling to see how this product could be useful to me from the original description, but this? This is selling it. My credit card is on standby.

• This is DEFO an INSTANT KA-CHING!

• James_HJames_H Posts: 996

What about incorporating content that is not in Smart Content and so does not have metadata? Old content, perhaops, or from a different store. I like the sound of this.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    edited January 2022

Zicon said:

RiverSoftArt said:

You could also make a Smart Collection be a documentation of your project.  Add only the figures used, the environments and props used, the poses used, etc.  Then not only is the Smart Collection a text list of every asset in your project, but it is a ICON list of every asset in your project, organized by category.  And if you need to reapply something, it is already organized and ready to double click and bring back into your project. 

I was struggling to see how this product could be useful to me from the original description, but this? This is selling it. My credit card is on standby.

Interesting.  This is not something that would have triggered me, but I can see it now that you pointed it out.  Marketing is a skill like everything else, and I need to get better. smiley

Just for you two. I have added an option to inspect the scene and add all products that it can figure out.  It will add all of the assets of a product because it cannot figure out which specific asset is used, but it should be helpful.  It also cannot figure out things like a pose product.  This feature will not be available on release but in an update.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Fungible User said:

This is DEFO an INSTANT KA-CHING!

Music to my ears! laugh

• James_H said:

What about incorporating content that is not in Smart Content and so does not have metadata? Old content, perhaops, or from a different store. I like the sound of this.

Sorry, this product only adds products and assets with Smart Content.  You would need to create metadata with Content Wizard if you want to include something in a Smart Collection.

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 567
    edited January 2022

Been waiting for something like this for ages.

instant buy.

just got "Content Wizard" its on offer at the moment.

so happy days

Post edited by myotherworld on
  • myotherworld said:

Been waiting for something like this for ages.

instant buy.

just got "Content Wizard" its on offer at the moment.

so happy days

I am glad you like the idea!  (and thank you for the support with Content Wizard) smiley

• GhostDogGhostDog Posts: 156

Instant buy for me too. Just what I've been waiting for. Thank you!

• GhostDog said:

Instant buy for me too. Just what I've been waiting for. Thank you!

You are very welcome! laugh

• In the store now, and in my cart laugh. Even my credit card did not complain.

• And it is released!

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

In the store now, and in my cart laugh. Even my credit card did not complain.

Thank you very much!  I hope you love it!

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Just bought it! Thanks for that. 

• Lothar Weber said:

Just bought it! Thanks for that. 

Awesome!  Thank you! smiley

• Forgive what's probably a dumb question, but does this create duplicates of the actual files of the products I put into a collection, or just make paths to those products? Basically, am I using twice as much hard drive space for everything I put in a collection? Does that make sense?

This is what happens when I haven't had enough coffee in a day.

Thanks!

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,005

InfiniteMonkey said:

Forgive what's probably a dumb question, but does this create duplicates of the actual files of the products I put into a collection, or just make paths to those products? Basically, am I using twice as much hard drive space for everything I put in a collection? Does that make sense?

Thanks!

From the product page: "Note that the FILES are not copied (i.e. Shirt.duf), but the Daz database asset record that refers to the file."

• Like I said: haven't had enough coffee!

Thanks for the info, into the cart it goes!

• lou_harper said:

InfiniteMonkey said:

Forgive what's probably a dumb question, but does this create duplicates of the actual files of the products I put into a collection, or just make paths to those products? Basically, am I using twice as much hard drive space for everything I put in a collection? Does that make sense?

Thanks!

From the product page: "Note that the FILES are not copied (i.e. Shirt.duf), but the Daz database asset record that refers to the file."

Thanks for the technical support help! laugh

• Awesome! Look forward to checking this out. Can anyone tell me... does this product work with both Smart Content and Content Library? In other words, does it matter where/how you typically access your content? Can you use Smart Collections in both cases?

• Cheri Lasota said:

Awesome! Look forward to checking this out. Can anyone tell me... does this product work with both Smart Content and Content Library? In other words, does it matter where/how you typically access your content? Can you use Smart Collections in both cases?

Where you typically access the content does not matter.  However, it needs to have metadata in the database.  If an asset/product cannot show up in Smart Content, you won't be able to add it to a Smart Collection.