MFD Template Update

SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
edited November 2013 in Freebies

I snagged the MFD template off of Chohole's website, however I noted that it had issues on the Genesis MFD, so alittle tweaking later, and voila! An updated MFD template for Genesis! It is still not EXACTLY perfect, but it lines up better! Hope Chohole and Snow Sultan don't mind, but I figured I would share the update for those that have Genesis!

Amy

Post edited by Sassanik on

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209
    edited December 1969

Will this also work on the V4 version of the MFD?

• SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

Alas I do not have the V4 version, so I can't test it. I think it should work though? I am not sure that the lines will be as lined up, I was thinking the original version of the template was for the V4 version and that was why the lines were a bit off in Genesis.

Amy

edited November 2013

Ok thank you. Will give it a try and let you know if it does work on V4.

Is there a download link?

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2013

Did you check with SnowSultan as to whtether he minded you doing this. The templates are held on his own Website, and are recommended by DAZ 3D. There used to be a link to the template in the DAZ 3D store , under resources, See the one on this page for example http://www.daz3d.com/v3-morphing-fantasy-dress. THESE LINKS FROM THE STORE NO LONGER WORK,

Snow Sultan's templates are now here

http://www.snowsultan.com/3.html

I didn't put the template on my website to be copied, it was only there to show how I worked on it, and is not the full size version.

You do need to ask before you redistribute something from another person, even a free template.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Did you check with SnowSultan as to whtether he minded you doing this. The templates are held on his own Website, and are recommended by DAZ 3D. There used to be a link to the template in the DAZ 3D store , under resources, See the one on this page for example http://www.daz3d.com/v3-morphing-fantasy-dress. THESE LINKS FROM THE STORE NO LONGER WORK,

Snow Sultan's templates are now here

http://www.snowsultan.com/3.html

I didn't put the template on my website to be copied, it was only there to show how I worked on it, and is not the full size version.

You do need to ask before you redistribute something from another person, even a free template.

Will email SnowSultan right now!

Amy

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

Huh, no one ever mentioned that the template didn't work correctly with the Genesis version. Yes, feel free to make your version available, just please mention somewhere on its download page that the original guide was made by SnowSultan for the Victoria 4 Morphing Fantasy Dress and that you edited it to be more compatible with the Genesis Morphing Fantasy Dress. :)

Thanks!

edited December 1969

Yay SnowSultan, was hoping you would say that. Now I wait with baited breath for the download link.

edited November 2013

I hope that Star Books will do it working from Snow Sultan's actual template, and not the lores very much shrunken one that is in my tutorial. It was only in the tut to demonstrate what the Template looked like.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • English BobEnglish Bob Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I hope that Star Books will do it working from Snow Sultan's actual template, and not the lores very much shrunken one that is in my tutorial. It was only in the tut to demonstrate what the Template looked like.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Amy, but Cho is right. You may have wasted your time.

If you apply the template image from Cho's tutorial to the V4 MFD, it doesn't fit that either. In fact the gaps look equally as bad as they do on your screen shot.

I don't have the Genesis MFD to check, but I suspect that if you apply the 'official' SnowSultan template it will fit fine. There's no good reason for DAZ to have changed the UV mapping that small amount.

edited December 1969

Yep checked out the SnowSultan version and you are right it lines up correctly. There is a very tiny gap, but it is VERY tiny.

Amy

mfd_seam03.jpg
    800 x 873 - 284K
    edited December 1969

Just out of curiosity, to anyone who has the answer, I have the V4 and the Genesis MFD and I have SnowSultan's uvmap, so does that mean the textures I create with SS's map will work on both V4 and Genesis versions of the dress?

• English BobEnglish Bob Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

To the best of my knowledge (and I don't have them all as I said, so I can't check) the only MFD which has different UV mapping is the one for Stephanie Petite 3. All the rest should have interchangeable mapping.

edited December 1969

Yes Bob is correct. One of the selling points of the MFD, and the reason I used it for my tutorial is that it has versions for all generations all the Daz 3d figures and, with the exception of the Steph petite (Steph 3) version which is mapped differently, texture maps made for one will fit all.

However you do need to use the actual UV map, and not try to make a texture from a rendered image of the UV map made from a screen shot included in a tutorial which was prepared in MS Office and then converted to HTML.

The Correct UV maps (templates) are freely available, and we should all give thanks to SnowSultan for providing this resource free of charge, for quite a few clothing items and almost all of DAZ 3D human figures. They are invaluable.

You only need to browse the page I linked to on his website to appreciate how hard he has worked on these.

edited December 1969

Thank you both. I have always loved SnowSultans maps, particularly the fact they are large and that he has maps for things no one else provides.

re:  http://snowsultan.com/offline/

• I have found them

here  : -

http://web.archive.org/web/20160321161559/http://snowsultan.com/3.html

i am not sure they have the genesis 1 or later mfd - though..

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495

The MFD guide you found will work on every version of the MFD except for the single Stephanie Petite MFD from a long time ago (and I also made a guide for that if you need it). If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

All the MFD's except for Stephanie Petite 3's use the same template.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited January 2022

I have tried all of the links provided here and I cannot find even one active site where I can get the UV templates. I cannot understand why DAZ would take the UV template off the downloads list for the MFD. My version is the one for V4, but I want to try making textures for it myself. Without the templates I will likely have to try using existing textures to extract the template, but I don't know if that would be allowed. If there is a new site where I can grab the official templates, and someone here knows it, please provide a working link.

It would probably have been better if they included the template in the .zip file for manual download, but I just checked and it is not in there. Please help.

Thank you.

Post edited by Mage 13X13 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

You can always just load the garments and view the UV in the viewport via the camera selection. Then take a screenshot.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited January 2022

You can go here: Morphing Fantasy Dress - Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki (miraheze.org)

and find what is available for the MFD. 

And the page indicates that you can get to SnowSultan's zips here: SnowSultan has made a set of Seam Guides for the MFD and Expansion Pack 1, to use when making your own textures .... Seam Guides - Google Drive

It should be noted that there is a current problem with the Wayback Machine retrieving zip files from their site. So that may be the reason the archive links did not work. 

Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645

Wayback Machine is now working

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited January 2022

I can do less fancy UV templates of anything you want

MFD.jpg
    4096 x 4096 - 5M
    Steph MFD.jpg
    4096 x 4096 - 5M
    bustle1XP2.jpg
    4096 x 4096 - 765K
    bustle2XP2.jpg
    4096 x 4096 - 1M
    collar1.jpg
    4096 x 4096 - 1M
    collar2.jpg
    4096 x 4096 - 815K
    collar3.jpg
    4096 x 4096 - 1M
    HeadDressXP2.jpg
    4096 x 4096 - 1M
    CorsetteXP2.jpg
    4096 x 4096 - 564K
    elbowruffles.jpg
    4096 x 4096 - 991K
    elbowruffles2.jpg
    4096 x 4096 - 3M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Thanks for helping me get the templates and seam guides for the MFD. I and several members at PFDLives.com are bringing back our Texture Challenges, and the first new Texture Challenge is for the MFD. I will not be sharing the templates at the site, but will provide links to them for our users to grab. We will be making new texture packs for the MFD, and I needed to get the Stephanie Petite version templates and guides, because of the difference that one has.

If anybody here is interested in participating, we invite you to join our forum at PFDLives.com. We like to have fun there.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited February 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I can do less fancy UV templates of anything you want

Hello Wendy, I love cats, also! 

Thank you for making these and uploading them here for us to grab. I will be grabbing all of them, even though I ma not have some of the things they are for.

Cheers!

(Edited by mod to fix quote)

Post edited by frank0314 on